Video: Tapout Reality Show Episode 9 “Einstein”

The crew meets Scott “Einstein” Epstein in Los Angeles through his coach, Eddie Bravo. They agree to sponsor him and immediately put him in a photo shoot for some new TapouT gear. Epstein is set to face Sergio Quinones at Xcess Fighting’s inaugural Havoc in Hollywood event and on fight day the crew is worried that Epstein is too casual. Quinones gets the better of Epstein through much of the first two rounds but Epstein is able to use his jiu jitsu skills to choke him out in round two.

Tapout Episode 9 Part 1

Tapout Episode 9 Part 2

Tapout Episode 9 Part 3

Comments

1. gay episode. that guy doc is just doing jj i think he just throw 1 punch..come on its MMA not JJ. i was hoping he was going to lose.

2. Nobody ever called Royce Gracie gay while he was getting wins over guys twice his size. But I get what your saying, you have to work to become well rounded if you want to be a good MMA fighter. BTW, loved the photoshoot, its halfway through the first segment if anyone wants to check it out. Mask needs to not be such a control freak because someone else has ideas different than his.

3. i think the tapout guys are freaks hahaha and i wanted that kid with baclk and red hair to win he had more heart and was winning up intil the end the other guy was a chump and comparing him to royce gracie is an insult

4. Royce was 90 percent jitz and so is this guy. Where is the insult in that? Mask takes a while to like because he is so outgoing and headstrong…I didn't like him at first either. Skyscraper is still annoying because all he does is put on fake fro's and make noises. But I like the show and with the exception of this guy, who is too damn cocky for a 4-0 fighter, I like who they put on. I just saw the fight and I was rooting for the other guy too. Einstein needs to get the chip off his shoulders and work striking, or he can do it the hard way and get KTFO before realizing that.

5. i think the guy was trying to copy mayham with the hair

6. Yeah, seemed like a copy of Mayhem with that one stripe on the side of the head. Man, I was hoping Einstein would get caught. He was saying "put my name in a google search…don't you know who I am"…get the f out of here with that.

7. hell yeah, when he said that i was like wtf. haha hes just 4-0 he talks like he is 20-0

8. I didn't get why he would try putting the guy in the rubber guard the whole first round and not try to throw elbows or strikes. He finally did a little in the second but they were weak. Mask described it perfectly when he said it doesnt matter if you have 100% talent and then come in with only 70% effort.

9. The tapout guys are the biggest douchebags on the face of the earth, no exaggeration. Einstein is following in their footsteps nicely.. he is cocky and arrogant just like any of the folks you can find at legends/10th planet. Bravo acts like his jitz is the best lol.. who has his school produced that places in tournaments???

10. ahhahahaha i love the last pst truth speaks the truth… like the mask dude with the face paint is jsut wierd like wtf is he doin with all that shit on him he looks like a sideshow freak i dont care how cool u are if u go out of your way to look like a foggot for attention i dont like you… i jsut said it was an insutl to royce because that guy is in know where his league and royce was an innovator of the sport… this einstien guy is a fag who thinks hes cool but i do like the show when they get a good guy to promote… i loved the episode when matt hughes beat the shit out of that fag that always wears the bandanna hahahaha like kicked him in the bread basket and dropped him then slapped the shit out of him matt hughes is a dick but it made me laugh

11. Mask gives money to fighters…we all know they dont make shit from their fights. He found a way to get paid himself…much respect to those guys. Who cares if they are freaks, they at least give back to fighters.

12. KOPowerisDumb says:

KOPower…..

You don't think TAPOUT makes money from endorsing fighters? Please man. They are wearing their gear in magazines, photo shoots and in the show. The fighters are promoting their gear and in turn TAPOUT makes money. Learn the business before you go yapping your mouth.

13. Read it again you Hooked on Phonics dropout. I commented that the fighters dont make much. I guess I should have spelled it out more but I didn't think retards were commenting on this site. Of course Tapout makes money, they are in the business of making money.

14. you guys seem upset. i liked this episode best ,they seem to focus on the fighter more than their own drama..and are you really bashing the fibhter for his confidence? maybe he should make him self fearful ,nervous? how many pre fight interviews have you seen that the guy isnt talking about hows hes gonna win?this guy won the fight and did everything he said he was gonna do..you guys are just upset you aint doing it and never will..hate on haters..im a a fan of this guy even more now ..

15. CAN U PLEASE POST EPISODE SIX OR THE EPISODE THEY GO TO MATT HUGHES IS PLACE PLEASE

16. I think it was one of Tapouts best shows to date, by far the most talked about. Epstein is a guy I love to hate the other guy sucked but he had heart and put on a Rodie type performance. Did any body notice the angry neighbor who slammed the door in Skyscrapiers face.

17. alright likerealist said not one of you gus fight and none of you probal will s top hatin untill anyo of you atualy go ot and fight yourselves. When you do fght this guy and when you do then u can get n and talk abunch of smack

18. "he is cocky and arrogant just like any of the folks you can find at legends/10th planet. Bravo acts like his jitz is the best lol.. who has his school produced that places in tournaments???"

his school has been around 1/10th the age of the other arts. he HAS to promote his if he ever wants it to be successful, his no gi style is one of the best, rubber guard works, as well as some of his other techniques. nothing starts from great, he had to start from formal gi taught jj to what he has now and its admirable to even bjj's beginning. einstein is one of the first fighters that is using his style in MMA. its called the evolution of style, nothing in mma is constant, otherwise wed have royces running around winning all the shit forever.

19. Josh.. who cares how long his school has been around?? he is a black belt, thats all that matters. i have been to academies who have been around less than 2 years and produce champions. trust me his bjj is not stellar.. he is a laughing stock in the majority of the bjj community. he is a marketing machine thats why he gets fools to believe in his system. dig a little deeper and you will see.

20. therealist says:

truth you are misinformed,,very .einstein has placed and won many jiu jitsu tornaments from grapplers quest to no gi pan ams..denny p just won the worlds among many other tournaments. and if eddie was a joke in the community then why are all these fighters from around the world coming to his gym to train? you are just another retard talking about something you know about second hand. and all you clowns here trying to diss einstein for WINNING..wow just wow..the kids undefeted ,all submissions ..go insult your mom for passing on her shitty genetics to you all..

21. Therealist you are a brainwashed tool just like eddies students. who did denny p beat in that tourney??? nobody. no one worth a mention competed in his division. einstein has not won anything worth a mention either. look him up. a 20-0 loss and more losses recently. if he wasnt a cocky douche i wouldnt knock him, but he is. TRUST ME. i dont want to say how i know but i do. yeah he is undefeated in mma, he has fought bums. wait until he faces a decent blue belt.. he will get tooled. and what mma fighters ACTUALLY are trained by eddie LOL?? they may go to legends and use the facility but make no mistake, they dont give a fuck about his bjj. guy gets a lucky tap against royler and stops competing.. MARKETING MACHINE. riding that wave all the way to the bank. rubber guard for the most part is dogshit. high level guys rarely even think about using it. he is a pot smoking, earring wearing wannabe rocker and a marketing machine.

22. truth..way too go ! feel good to bash peoples accomplishmentS? talk shit when u do anything,,loser

23. Truth=false…..I have traind @ 10th planet

and know the TRUTH..the system is great and high level guys dont use it cause they dont know it.also i have watched epstein win the panam no gi open weight ,never tap super fight,and i know he placed in GQ ,Best of the west and a lot of others.i never meet denny but i know he placed in gq and others. you guys get and base your posts on what other anon posters say on other forums…smart way to formulate an opinon..

John B.

=

24. um ok, and flyer.. you are both idiots. epstein is a douche just like you guys. 10th planet is a joke, eddie is a joke. i have met both of those guys and they suck. deal with it. go back and reread my other posts then jerk off to mastering the rubbersguard.

25. Businessman says:

I am not going to say anything negative about Eddie or Epstein. The fact is that Eddie beat Royler. What I will say is that while the rubber guard worked for Eddie, I am not coinvinced that works in general. I am a BJJ guy and love BJJ. I enjoy new variations and give credit for new spins on the moves.

Epstein's numerous rubber guard attacks did not result in anything. The guy he fought did not look like he was well versed in BJJ, specially in defending attacks. However, he was able to get out of three or four rubber guard attacks. Epstein won with your basic triangle choke. Again, nothing negative against Eddie, Epstein, or 10th Planet…but I am not convinced in the effectiveness of the rubber guard. I a interested in testing it the next time I spar.

26. truth you obviously have personal issues with 10th planet. ..why dont you tell me who you are so i can let them know?i know you wont , stay negative ,your a child .btw ,einstein is not cocky he just strange.. you have to know him ,trust me i do know him.bussinessman you are correct to some degree,but the triangle was finished because of a rubber guard set up called meat hook. also einstein won his last fight in under 2 minutes with and armbar from the rubber guard called the croc. did you see the aoki vs jz fight? there is some more rubber guard at work,,

27. Businessman says:

I did not see the Aoki vs JZ match. Where could I find it? Have you worked with the rubber guard?

28. google under videos aoki vs JZ or maybe a link under MMA videos here they might have it still.

29. Businessman says:

I just saw it. Nobody should be surprised that JZ could escape the armbar, because he is a BJJ Black Belt…but while Aoki was close, he did not get a submission. Which again, brings me back to my questioning the complete effectiveness of the rubber guard. Can you catch strikers or beginner/intermediate grapplers with submissions from the rubber guard? Sure. But will more expereinced grapplers be caught… if you are not Eddie, I don't know. Again, please don't confuse me with "truth" because I have nothing against 10th Planet, Eddie or Epstein. I am just not convinced at this point. It looks intertesting. We have not practised it much. I will try it this week and let you know. Sometimes you have to practise something or have it practised on you before you can truly understand it. I just see so many options if someone tried the rubber guard on me. First of all, if you posture right, I don't see how they could get it to begin with. If they get it, couldnt you sneak the knee through and pop the guard open? Maybe it is just that I am a big guy and it just doesnt look like big man BJJ :) I am willing to add anything to my game…so I will try it.

30. Flyer, tell me your name if you are so bold. I dont need to tell you who I am, I will do my talking on the mat. I respond to this posting only because I do dislike Eddie and Epstein, it doesnt take a genius to see that! If a 10th planet guy beat me, Id give him credit, but I still dislike the school. Epstein is cocky, Im not basing this from just the video either. Id say 80% of the BJJ community secretly or publicly laughs at 10th planet and that whole scene in general. Its just not worth anyones energy to make a big stink about it. Eddies school will continue to be mediocre at best and everyone knows it. Google what Drysdale said about Eddie.. Its spot on. And if you know Eddie tell him to shut his mouth at tournaments.. The attention whore. No one thinks he is funny, people are laughing at him not with him!

31. scott epstein says:

sooo one of my students told me to look at this..oh boy..i really wanna thank you guys for thinking about me as much as you all do..it looks as if truth is really into me.lol.@ truth, my name is scott epstein..talk to me on the mat please.you sound like every other hater on the net..so original..LEGENDS MIXED MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING CENTER

1626 N. La Brea Avenue

Hollywood, CA 90028

323-230-7669.im here everyday come thru bring your friends and fam so they can see you do all your talking on the mat.lol.Businessman the rubber guard is very effective i set up many subs from the guard but my opponent would escape the sub it self. if you learn the system properly you will see how much im setting things up on the kid.sweat is a huge factor in his escapes ..as for breaking a guys posture thats some time a huge factor .if someone has a back like sokaju im not breaking him down,fortunately we have weight classes.when it comes to strikes, the rubber guard is a great way to not get hit or hit hard.jason day never got hit against alan beltcher. guys ignore people like truth he no one.10th planet has 5 affiliates through out the world already ,eddies does a seminar every weekend.i have done 8 in the last 2 months. keep an open mind .i did, i trained at ricksons for 2 years and alliance nyc for 3 before i meet eddie..sorry for the long post .hope you enjoyed the show. i like big butts and ice cream now google me lol

32. Lol Epstein cares what people say about him online and left Ricksons and Alliance to train with Eddie.

33. Evil Maggot says:

Epstein got the W, that's what matters right ? I've seen 1 other fight of his and it was tight. Perhaps it was the flames style matched up to Epsteins. Every fight is different and not every fight can be won with 100% precision the way a lot of ppl here seem to want. So he comes off a bit cocky, so what, he's winning. When I heard him say "google me" I didn't think he sounded cocky at all, I thought he sounded like a doushebag, not cocky. He's a bit immature, but he's young, give him a couple of years, he'll wise up, get a lot of education in the cage and perhaps turn into something great. Who knows what the future holds. Starting out 5 – 0 is something a lot of legendary fighters didn't even do. Cut the kid some slack.

34. the epstein kid is a cocky douche – on top of that no personality, and no stand up. everyone who watched this episode was rooting for the other guy and that says something about your persona. Plus guys who just do JJ or avoid banging suck to watch. Point being – Epstein stinks I hope the next guy has the power to deck his nancy JJ ass