Video: Sean Sherk Talks BJ Penn, Roids

Comments

1. dane drebin says:

hahaha he doesnt think about knocking people out or submitting them because he doesnt know how to do anything but hold people down for 5 rounds!

2. there are the fighters that go in there to knockout or submit their opponent, to end the fight. then there are the guys who "just want to win" like sherk. that sounds like boxing to me where there is a possibility you can KO someone but for the most part you are just trying to outpoint them. i'm hoping theres a finish in that fight with sherk wondering where he is.

3. BJ Penn is unstopable at the moment…He's going to train on his striking and go into this fight even more well rounded then he already was…Penn wins with a triangle in the second round

4. why doesn't he just say i plan to take him down and hold on to win a decision.

5. i am not a big sherk fan does anyone know how many fights he has left on his contract. After Penn beats his ass I hope he just fades away.

6. BJ just so flexable and Sherk isnt even good with submissions so I dont see him doing much beside takin BJ down and look for a decision like most of you guys say.

BJ by submission Shrek does have a chin he can absorb lots of blows and just shoot though for his takedown.

7. He also has a bit more power in BJ but Penn is definitely the better striker/ fighter. I'm sticking to my prediction all the way: Sherk will shoot and take BJ down, BJ will pt him in guard and while Sherk is trying to ground and pound Penn is gonna get him in a triangle (Round 2). That's how BJ is gonna become the true lightweight champion

8. BusinessOwner says:

Sherk will win by ref stoppage. Just like the last Matt Hughes vs BJ fight.

9. you all are crazy! sean is the champ! no matter what a win is a win! i would rather be a winner than a looser like most of u people!

10. You're a winner? Are you aware that your screen name is Bitches? One can only assume that you actually gave yourself that name. Yeah…..You're a real winner. Mom must be very proud.

If you're the reflection of what a Sean Sherk fan is, no wonder so many people think he's going to lose. I think Brandon is spot on with the second round submission prediction. I'll second that.

11. Sherk is very strong… and a good fighter, I don't believe he intentionally cheated… but,.. just like Joe Daddy he will be totally out classed by BJ Penn

2nd round submission win… I'll 3rd that!

12. yeah right sherk will not be out classed…sherk is taking hime down all night and sherk has better hands

13. tom whats with the better hands than b.j. when has he shown that he has better hands than b.j. its really not even close no disrespect but where do you base that from.

14. A focused BJ Penn is a very dangerous man. Penn knows he has to beat Sherk to have a any chance at fighting GSP so I think he will will submit Sherk in the third round and then Dana will make him fight at least one more time at 155 before he gets another shot at at GSP.

15. Ultimate47 says:

I cant be assed to comment. But respect is what people should have. I think the fight will be a war,a dn i think Sherk will be to much for BJ to handle. Unless he's training his ass off. His cardio needs to be 1,000,000% better than ever before. Both good fighters, its a good match up for them and the fans of MMA.

16. Ultimate47 says:

I cant be assed to comment on the above. But respect is what people should have. I think the fight will be a war,a dn i think Sherk will be to much for BJ to handle. Unless he's training his ass off. His cardio needs to be 1,000,000% better than ever before. Both good fighters, its a good match up for them and the fans of MMA.

17. Ultimate47 says:

Dam, double post!

18. bj's biggest weakness is his conditioning. he would have beat hughes by unanimous decision the second time if he didn't gas. he needs to get off that bj penn diet where he eats burgers all the time, and get his ass running. he needs to get rid of the pot belly!

19. dane drebin says:

he looked in pretty sick shape to me in the stevenson fight

20. I agree he was in good shape for the fight against Joe and I think with the continous training he will be in better shape when he faces Sherk.