Video: Jeff Monson Calls Out Kimbo Slice

TG: CageToday Reader “Steve”

Comments

1. I LOVE THE SNOWMAN and would love nothing better than to see kimbo get freaking mauled by him.

2. I can't see this fight happening soon. Monson hangs with the big boys and I think this fight would be too dangerous for Kimbo. He can't afford the loss this early in his career.

Kimbo won't last long in this sport if he starts fighting legitimate fighters. He needs to make enough money quick so that when he loses 4 times in a row, he'll be set to retire.

3. Monson will destroy him then we can all see if we didnt see before against thompson how pathetic kimbo is on the ground

4. "i know kimbo does fucking read" hahaha funny snowman

o yea jeff would kill him but idk kimbo is very big but idk but jeff will takie him and and ground and pund him

5. Scooby Doo says:

hahahaha,Yea boy call him out cause the F%@!er can't read! I love it go head on SNOWMAN!

6. Monson is the man hahaha!

7. That would be a good fight. I'd rather watch Kimbo fight Monson than Rogers.

8. Whoever said Kimbo was a big dude, your far off man, the guy is a weak 230lbs. i think monson would kill the man to be honest by the way.

9. Yeah both of those guys are kind of short and stocky for the HW division.

10. true and it would be good and jeff would get the win

11. damn thats some WWE shit there

12. I love it. I would be $50 on ppv just to watch that fight. Can't wait to hear kimbo stutter his way through a rebuttle to that.

13. dane drebin says:

if kimbo wants to act like the top dog and get paid more then monson why shouldnt monson be able to beat his ass? monson is only 5'8 but im pretty sure he weighs like 10 pounds more than kimbo. he would submit kimbo in a round

14. Thank you cagetoday for putting this on the site. Also this fight is a very bad fight for kimbo and I dont see gary shaw setting it up anytime soon. Kimbo still has to beat Brett Rogers who has looked a hell of a lot more impressive then kimbo. But everyone looks good when they arent getting hit. So if kimbo gets past brett which that fight will be all standing unless kimbo gets rocked and tries to take brett down. But if he does get past him he still has never beaten a well rounded fighter or better yet a ground fighter. Monson is a ground fighter. And he is humungous for being 5"8. And he is stronger then kimbo and has the experince and wrestling skills not to mention the submission he can power his way into. It would be a very quick fight with Snowman taking him down and submitting him in the first round or second round. Kimbo would have to sprawl and brawl. If he could do that successfully then he would knock Monsonout but I dont see it happening because if monson gets a hold of you u are most likely in trouble. But I would like to see kimbo evolve as a fighter and not remain a one dimensional street fighter. He is wanderlei without the knees and ground game.

15. dane drebin says:

dont compare him to wanderlei… wand would knock kimbo the fuck out

16. there arent many people that can beat kimbo standing. If he fougfht wanderli he could knock him out dane. And wanderlei isnt hard to hit. iIt would be a brawl and the first one to get caught would lose. Kimbo is much bigger then wanderlei so that would play a big role. Wanderlei is the shit but kimbo could definitly knock him out if he caught him on the button.

17. Nichole Lesniak says:

Hey Steve – ANYONE would be knocked out if caught on the button.

You give Kimbo way too much credit.

18. Okay so if jens pulver hit Hong Man Choi on the button he would knock him out. That is your theory Nichole Lesniak b/c you said anyone. Thats is a great theory;)

If giving kimbo to much credit is saying that he could knock wanderlei out is giving him too much credit then I guess i am but comeon kimbo hits like a mac truck. Wanderlei has more scar tissue then Forrest Griffin fuck he bloks with his face. Like I said kimbo is too big or wanderlei. I feel like kimbo would beat him up. I like wanderlei a lot but that is too big of a weight advantage for Kimbo. And the power advantage is with Kimbo also. Wanderlei could knock kimbo out also but if you know what your talking about and you know both fighters then you would know that Kimbo could win and lose to wanderlei.

19. i bet if jens hits in on the button he will get knock out

20. Nichole Lesniak says:

Put Jens Pulver on a ladder, then yeah, he could knock him out.

Just because Kimbo is big and can throw a punch doesn't mean he's skilled. Silva is. Look at his fight with Chuck. He took some big punches and stayed on his feet. He's got a solid chin. Kimbo has not fought any quality fighters yet. Once he does, you'll see his true colors.

21. dane drebin says:

steve u have no idea what ur talking about. do u know a fighter by the name of mark hunt? look him up bro. if u just started watching mma u prolly dont but he's a heavyweight that is much bigger than kimbo by about 25 pounds. he is one of the most feared heavyweight strikers in the game. he has taken crocops kicks to the head full on and been unfazed. he has faught and done well against fedor and josh barnet he is only lacking a ground game. basically kimbo just way better in every way. wandy entered the open weight grand pre and took it to him almost knocking him out and was screwed out of a split decision. go watch the fight and tell me wandy wouldnt beat kimbo. kimbos a bumb who couldnt even win all of his street fights against nobody. wandy would mop the floor with him. no contest and kimbo knows it.

…owned

22. lol okay the reason mark hunt lacks a ground game is b/c he was a kickboxer and kickboxers never develop a ground game. Also since you are so fucking stupid to you cant spell BUM right. I watched pride back in the day so dont think just b/c u looked up mark hunts record and saw him fight 3 times dont make u a fucking genius. Anyone who follos mma would know that Wanderlei could get knocked out by kimbo. Hendo knocked him out cold. Kimbo throws lot harder then Hendo. Yes wanderlei was sick the night before with strep throat and spent the night before in a hospital but he still got KO'd. Where do u get off saying kimbo knows it?? Kimbo will fight anyone you ignorant douche bag. So dont talk shit to me like ur a badass when are nothing more then a keyboard Hero. Meaning ur a fucking badass on the keyboard. Mark Hunt is a ig guy but he doesnt have near as good of hands as kimbo. All he can do is kick and eat punches to the face. You are a pussy who gets off acting like you know more then me. LMAO you dont know a third of what I know as I can see from your spelling. Kimbo is a Bumb LMAO. Also kimbo isnt going to be losing anytime soon on the feet. He might get taken down but thats it and Wanderlei wouldnt take kimbo down so Nichole ur fucking stupid. You actually said that Jens Pulver could knock out Hong Man Choi. You are a stpuid bitch. He couldnt knock him out with a fucking baseball bat. lol

23. dane drebin says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH easy man dont take it so personal. ya im the keyboard warrior lol.

"you always argue!" – no shit its a site for posting ur oppinions on mma you fuckin retard

"Mark Hunt is a big guy but he doesnt have near as good of hands as kimbo" – that's straight up laughable and sums up everything you wrote. mark would end kimbo in a round.

"I never said Wanderlei wouldnt beat him. I said that he could get knocked out by Kimbo" – thats a pretty easy statement to make seeing as anyone can beat anyone on a given day with one lucky punch.

"Also kimbo isnt going to be losing anytime soon on the feet" – watch a nobody like rogers knock him out next fight bud

you can always tell when someone can't think of good smart things to say when they throw together a few stupid facts and the rest of their ramblings are name calling or personal attacks on someone they know nothing about. so i spell shit wrong man lol i didnt know i was turning any of this in to a teacher to get a grade man. i type fast and dont skim over everything i post. how do u know u would fuck me up? you dont know who i am. i could be a midget. i could be 7 feet tall. lol it's way funny to see people take shit so personally on this site. Oh no u didnt! lol

at no time in my previous post did i call u a name or "talk shit" to you. nothing in my post is anything but facts. ur the one who got all butt hurt because nobody agrees with ur stupid ass.

fyi i dont ever get picked on i was a varsity wrestler in high school and do judo 4 times a week and jui jitsui 3 times a week. i train with olympians in judo like ed liddy and my jui jitsui teacher is a national champ.

this shit is stupid and ive wasted to much time replying to a moron. theres no winning with morons they just believe what they want to. stop callin people out on the internet as if you are gunna fight them tho man it just makes urself look like a fag.

24. Wow talk about issues.

I like how you call other people pussies but you talk more smack then anyone else here.

I love the classic "you would never tell me that in person to my face" what a fucking pussy you are.

Trying to sound tuff in some blog comment post get some IQ points and a backbone you ignornat mofo. FYI I would so fuck you up son yeah I said it oh I am so bad ant I…

Back to the topic of Kimbo is a weak ass bum who won't fight anyone good anytime soon.

steve Says:

June 24th, 2008 at 1:15 am

there arent many people that can beat kimbo standing. If he fougfht wanderli he could knock him out.

What kinda crack are you smoking cause I want some of that good stuff my stuffs been weak lately.

25. Nichole Lesniak says:

Steve….If he's a keyboard hero….what does that make you? Oh, I know…you're probably 12 and just learned to use big words.

I hope sometime soon, you grow up, reread your post and realize what an idiot you sound like. And if you're going to criticize someone's spelling, you might want to check your own.

I'm a stupid bitch, HA!

26. just another MMA dud says:

Well, Nicole, you have proven yourself to be stupid–what with all your clear and concise writing, journalism, and prompt coverage of the sport! Who needs fancy book learning, an eye for detail, and a solid working knowledge of the MMA world? You are the one who needs to grow up and get into the mindset that Cromag pre-teens with a laptop should be allowed their analysis whilst you stay in the kitchen cookin' the vittles.

Kimbo is a solid striker…his ground game sucks in comparison to the vast majority of the MMA fighters. Until he gets tested with an opponant that is equal to his hype, we just won't know for sure if he is worthy of his status. I, for one, am anticipating it and will tune in to that fight for sure. Monson has always been a favorite of mine and I would love to see him mix it up with Kimbo. It would look like a couple of bulldogs fighting over a steak.

Seriously, Nicole, I am loving your writing and thanks for all of your hard work! Nice job and don't let the 12 year-old, monosyllabic, old latch-key kids get you down.

27. Nichole Lesniak says:

LMAO….. priceless….best thing I've read all day!

And Derek – you totally nailed it. I agree 100%.

28. Also you illiterate fuck I never said Wanderlei wouldnt beat him. I said that he could get knocked out by Kimbo. Which he could. FUCKING MORON. You always argue and I bet its b/c you have been picked on your whole pathetic life and you try and make yourself feel tough by talking shit on a computer. You would never tell me I dont know what im talking about to my face. I would fuck you up son. And thats on the real.

29. i don't even know why monson is calling kimbo out, he must want a payday because he is way above kimbo's level.

30. I have to agree with Roy, Monson got in the ring with sylvia for the belt and kimbo has beaten a has been, a never was, and a guy who looked like a seven foot tall down syndrome sufferer. But again I maintain, kimbo isnt the problem, like somone said up above, its all the 12 year olds with a laptop and youtube watching kimbo beat up janitors in someones backyard that are hyping this guy beyond belief. Anyone who has watched one or all of his fights in my case can see this guy just doesnt have it, potential yes, but talent right now, NOPE, and last I checked he isnt exactly a young fella. So if he gets in the ring with monson the aura surrounding the next best thing we be LOOOOOONNNNGGGG GONE!

31. kimbo is a striker, period. chuck liddell is a striker too, but at least his MMA game evolved. he has an excellent takedown defense and minimal ground game to not be submitted. chuck can also stand up off the ground very quickly. kimbo cannot and does not have those things. to have power is one thing, but to have skill to use the power is another. chuck isn’t very muscular or big, but yet, he knocks opponent TFO. kimbo just comes and overwhelms with pressure, but gases very quickly. dont even compare kimbo to wandy. sholdn’t even be mentioned in the same sentence. wandy trains with a snorkel for crying out loud. let’s just wait to see how to brett rogers – kimbo fight goes.

32. I like how steve said that dane has a pathetic life and always talks shit on the computer, then proceeds to say, "I would fuck you up son." hmmmmm. Anyway, like MMA dude said, just because you are strong, doesn't mean you know how to make that punch effective. It doesn't mean you have good combinations that work with your particular opponent and it doesn't mean you can recover from being caught or defend yourself effectively. These are all just a SMALL part of the stand up game. I think the EliteXC show on CBS was probably Steve's first MMA experience and it made his pants a little wet because he was so excited. Wanderlei has an amount of experience and can excel in all the areas I listed much better than Kimbo can. Will Kimbo improve? Probably. Does anyone care to see that happen? Not really. Not a lot of people are interested in seeing a big retard that used to fight random people with almost NO fighting experience in someone's back yard, except people who get so excited they wet their pants. Wanderlei Silva would have my bet if he was 20 pounds lighter, based off his experience, recovery time and his use of combinations and the muay thai clinch.

33. Oh yeah sure ryan since you have looked up a couple of wanderleis fights on the net you think that makes you an mma buff. Dont critisize me if all you can do is same the same thing as the guys on top of you. You say I pissed my self. Good one. Considering almost everyone of you losers dont know what its like to fight a bigger guy or fight at all. So plese just keep typing about how you know this and do that b.c im done arguing over something that will never happen anyways. If you would have read my original statement you would have seen that I said Kimbo could knock him out. Then Dane brought up Mark Hunt which is funny because Wanderlei got KO'd by cro cops high kick which grazed him on the top of the head when Mark ate the same kick. And also like I said before if you would have read you would seen since you probally dont know that Wanderlei was KO'd by Dan Henderson. Yes knocked out cold smart guy. So how in the fuck can you say that kimbo couldnt knock out Wanderlei. I never said Wanderlei wouldnt beat his ass. I did say that he could get beat by Kimbo. So you acting like you know what your talking about is amusing to me. Anyone who has been knocked out is capable of getting knocked out again. And it is actually easier to get knocked out once you have been knocked out before.But I bet you already knew that. LOL

34. And yeah Wanderlei has used that Muay Thai so effectively in his last 5 fights hasnt he. GIve me a break. He hasnt knocked a guy out with a knee since Quinton Jackson back in like 2004. But yeah since he used the Muay Thai so much against the bigger guys he has fought and Chuck recently. A whole 15 minute fight he threw what one knee? Kimbo is a very strong guy who would train against the clinch and mybe land an uppercut on Wanderlei when he has the clinch. Kibo has excellent power and if he connects it can end it just like that. I know Wanderlei can do that also. I am not arguing about that. Come on man know what your talking about before you jump in a conversation. And im sorry for assuming you could read. It made an ass out of well you. lol

35. SteveISADUMBASS says:

I have been watching MMA since UFC 1. I have also watched all of Kimbo's fights on the net. I think that everyone except for Steve atleast would agree that Kimbo is a good backyard or boatyard brawler. I personally dont think that he has paid enough dues to grace the cover of an ESPN magazine and or have articles in an ESPN mag about him all of the time. Oh yeah, and Steve is one of those dumbasses that does watch a few of the fights on the net and thinks that he has learned something. Talk back to the grown-ups when you have studied and or actually taken part in the sport for a few years. You do have a point Steve, anything can happen in this sport and Kimbo may knock out Wand but it is highly unlikely. Kimbo fights in an organization rich with talent. I mean veterans like Robbie Lawler, Nick Diaz, Yves Edwards to name a few but gets paid more than these fighters who deserve it. Snowman would kill him, so would Wanderlei Silva. The only thing about Kimbo is that he is an enormous marketing ploy for the ELITE XC organization because dumbasses that have seen him fight some wannabe toughguy on the net i.e. Steve, will watch their fight as if it is some monumental shit. Get back to every one on this site who knows anything at all about MMA mr. Steve. Maybe me considering the fact that I am an actual FAN as well as a FIGHTER.

36. ok if u have fought then what is your name and what organization did you fight for sir? Yeah thats right you cant answer cause ur a fucking liar. You have never fought a day in ur life get real talking like ur a badass. Come on bro u been watching since UFC 1. OMG u must know it all. n You diss Kimbo and u call urself a fighter but yet a fighter who is if you were a fightr should respect kimbo b/c it takes a hell of a lot more guts to street fight then it does to fight in a mixed martial arts match. It may be easy for a trained fighter to beat up people on the streets but if you think your a badass b/c you have fought on a local mma show then your a fucking joke dude. And you dont know shit compared to me. You are so fucking stupid all you did was say that kimbo is overpaid and overrated. Well no shit u stupid fuck. He has limtied ground game and that is why he is not an MMA fighter but more of a street fighter but Wand would make it a street fight with him and somebody would fall down. It could be either one of them. Dont act like your hard either b/c it takes aman to street fight and thats for real not some bullshit fighter like you who probally wrestles his opponent to the ground and lays on him. That aint fighting. The UFC has become soft just like society. It is people like you who are the reason for it. You probally think street fighting should be illegal. You are one of the reasons it is. Where as I feel that if you got a problem with somebody you should be able to handle it on the spot no problems. So please cut the shit about you being a fighter and a fan. LMAO any fighter who is coming up in the sport respects kimbo for what he has made himself. yeah they hate on him because they envy him. Oh yeah dont even act like you know more then me about the MMA world buddy b/c u dont know shit. Why wouldnt he be on the cover of ESPN the magazine. People from the streets love kimbo dude. U dont know nothing about that. So that is why he is one the cover of ESPN. It wasnt b/c of his skills but his popularity,story and background. His rise to fame and all that. Did he deserve b/c of his talent as an MMA fighter no way but heywhy dont you just keep talking shit about him that way it will make you feel better about the fact that he would crush you in a minute. TOUGH GUY. And also Elite Xc is not rich with talent. Having 7 good fighters in your organization does not make you rich with talent lol. That is why they have to borrow fighters from other organiztions. Yes they will continue to get bigger or thwey will break like all the organizations but one thing is for sure they dont have any GSP's or Fedor's.

37. Kimbos manager is posting thats got to be it.

You are fool and trying to make people love your streetbum kimbo. It is only making you seem like a bigger tool then you already are.

ROFL Street fights with your whole gang/crew behind you take no balls so STFU about hes so-called street tuffness. Like kimbo was fighting more then 1 guy at one time of some shit. Real Street fights are no rules with no refs. There was a Ref and Rules at every so called street fight yeah thats real street there.

Plus I remeber plenty of kimbo friends yelling and trying to hop in to save hes sorry ass against sean gannon.

Everyone here will continue to dis Kimbos bum ass until he shows us something. Barely Beating weak ass Tomato Can oppoents is what a bum is best at I guess.

I wish I could be famous for knocking out bums in the park-lots of a taco bells.

38. FOR THE RECORD, steve and STEVEO are not the same person just thought Id get that out there since he seems to be everyone's "FAVORITE" poster on this site.

39. And for the record as well, STEVE, if your so bad why dont you sign up to get shot at for a living like many of our servicemen. I have been to Iraq twice and Bosnia once. So if your that "tough" go put your life on the line not just getting beat up. I like MMA but personally I dont see where getting punched in the face for a living makes you tough, to me, it makes you a punching bag that cashes checks. and take it easy on the profanity man, if you know so much, try and prove it by acting like you have some respect for the sport and the people who watch it by conveying your point like an adult. KIMBO IS A JOKE NOW CAN WE HAVE ONE POST ON THIS SITE NOT BE ABOUT THIS GUY.

40. Nichole Lesniak says:

littleman steve calls out someone who is a fighter for his name and organization…

hey little steve…..what's yours?

Now…step away from the keyboard and go play with your GI Joes.

41. I'm just curious where steve's facts are coming from. I'm not trying to persecute, but the word "knee" never came up in my post. I never said Wanderlei's knees were great. Were you implying that Muay Thai is all about knees and thats it? I said his CLINCH was great. And his combinations are highly effective. Kudos Nichole because I was going to ask the same question. You seem to know more than fighters themselves, where do you fight? Sorry Steveo, this is too fuckin good.

42. dane drebin says:

stop arguing guys Sttttteeeeeeevvveeeee doesnt like it. we just argue cuz we all get picked on so much in our everyday lives. i just got home from judo practice but i got picked on all day at work so im gunna come here while i feel safe and tough. ur the one with jsut ur first name STEVE. i live in salt lake city and you got my whole name bro look me up if u feel tough.

and that's on the real… PUNK BITCH

43. Dane is a badass.So dane if I go to Salt Lake City you will fight me hmm. ROFL. Dane the only thing you would do is call the cops. It takes a real man to fake ur name call someone out. You give away your name and city knowing that nobody is gonna take a few days off work and fly to salt lake city and search for somebody that could be made up. You could be 12 years old acting like your father. Now you dont want your ass beat but if u do tell me the address and when I go there I will pay you a visit. Show me a way to make sure you exist and ill stop by one day;) thats a promise

44. Nichole Lesniak says:

steve….again, you call someone out, but give nothing of yourself!

You say you're a fighter? What's YOUR name? Where do YOU fight? Come on, I want to look you up.

And btw – you KNOW I exist!

45. I can't believe this is still going on. Yeah steve, you talk pretty highly of yourself. Now I seriously am interested and would love to see some of your videos if there are any. Besides, you could do a people search and see if he exists yourself. He probably isn't going to give out his personal info. for everyone to see. And why do we all have to be hostile? What the hell ever happened to having an intelligent debate?

46. wow u guys are taking it way to far and why does everyone seem to hate on steve? I see what you guys are arguin about but Dane I think u started the whole thing when u called him out saying he has no idea what he is talking about.Im sure u guys will team up on me for sticking up for him to wont ya.LOL grow up people and stop arguing on computer please.

47. just another MMA dud says:

Ahhh, remember the good old days of talking Monson vs. Kimbo? Now it's all about UFC 94: "The Brawl by the Bike Racks" with the main card being Steve vs. Dane. My money is on the younger fighter because I think when this gets resolved someone will have died of old age.

And, yeah, if either one of you are really fighters (and I am not saying you are not) I would love to see your fights. And if either one of you fight Kimbo or Monson let me know cause I want front row seating.

48. same here lol

49. dane drebin says:

i want to apologize to everyone on this thread that has become dumber from being involved in it. i shouldnt have written that last comment and shouldnt have gotten sucked in to the stupidity of all this arguing. i shouldnt care what some retard thinks of me. i just got really angry when steve wrote like a million paragraphs about how im such a pussy. getting so angry about someone disagreeing with us is stupid and childish seeing as this is a site that is ment for stating ur oppinions. this arguement has been rediculously stupid and im done with it. theres no use in reasonibng with someone who state: "there arent many people that can beat kimbo standing" seeing as im pretty sure most would agree that kimbo wouldnt be even a top ten striker in the 205 division. im done with embarassing myself fighting on the internet lol next thread.

50. Nichole Lesniak says:

Aw, man….does it have to stop? I was getting a good laugh out of it!