UFC 93 “Franklin vs Henderson” Results LIVE

franklin-vs-henderson

UFC 93Rich Franklin vs. Dan Henderson” on January 17 from the O2 Arena in Dublin, Ireland.

The 2005 PRIDE Grand Prix Champion Mauricio “Shogun” Rua returns to face Mark “The Hammer” Coleman, the man who broke Rua’s arm during their first meeting at PRIDE 31 “Dreamers” in 2006.

CageToday.com will have live results starting with the undercard at 1pm EST followed by the PPV at 3pm EST

UFC 93 Results and Spoilers after the JUMP…

MAIN CARD

PRELIMINARY CARD

Comments

1. Nate Fury says:

This will definitly not be the card of the year, but Franklin vs. Hendo should be a solid fight. I have to give the edge to Hendo in this one. Don't get me wrong, Franklin is very good, but Hendo has more tools. The standup should be pretty much even, but I think if Hendo gets in the clinch then Franklin is in trouble. I also think Hendo has the advantage on the ground with his wrestling and g & p. I hope Coleman can pull of the win over Shogun, that would be sweet. I would like to see Coleman move back up to hw to fight Couture.

2. Anyone else not gonna order this. Im not ordering 2 ufcs uless they are both stacked. Cant wait till BJ and GSP.

3. I live in England so i dont order PPV fights but i do subscribe to Setanta Sports (the channel that carries UFC events). Dan Henderson vs Rich Franklin alone is without a doubt worth my £10.99 this month and the fact that GSP vs. BJ penn falls in the same month, i feel i should give the channel more money.

4. dane drebin says:

im not ordering this one either prolly gunna go see it at a hooters or somethin. anyone else gone to ufc.com to see shogun and coleman workin out for the press. shogun looks way better than when he faught griffin and coleman looks huge for a lhw!

5. This upcoming weekend is sure to be a weekend of excitement and cheer for UFC and MMA fans. UFC 93 in Dublin will be a fun fest of MMA cheer right after the holiday season, and with the card expected, should be a nice start to a jam packed 2009 MMA year.

6. Really looking forward to watching this on the internet. Denis Kang is a beast.

7. dwayne-dwayne dookie says:

what's the web site to wacth or go toooo ??????

8. dwayne-dwayne dookie says:

WATCH???

9. I really would enjoy watching this card but I won't spend the money for this card with the BJ/GSP fight coming up. Sorry. Quite frankly though, Franklin v Henderson should have been a "Co-main event" and NOT the main one.

Again, I would LOVE to watch this pay-per-view but realistically, this should not be one of your more memorable card unless the Franklin/Hendo fight pulls off a "fight of the year" candidate.

10. i think rua is going to get his revenge on coleman in this card. he looked healthy in the weigh in's.

11. The Shogun/Coleman fight was so disappointing. Both guys gassed early and Shogun just looked plain lazy. If they do take it to a third fight I hope they come in better shape.

12. PoppyNick says:

Morey couldn't agree with you more. That fight was disappointing….both gassed and Shogun has not looked good since coming to the UFC.

13. Businessman says:

This UFC sucked!!! The Belcher VS Kang match was the only good one. VERY DISAPPOINTED!

14. i am glad i didn't order it, happy to hear hendo won and that sucks about shogun did he look good besides gassing

15. Havent sen any of the fights. Cant belive Kang lost to Belcher. Not shocked tho about Kang being sub'd. His defense in subs inst great but his stand up id very good. Wonder if he dd good in the stand up. Gonna go look for the fights now.

16. Dang somebig nws has been announced tonight. Shogun is fighting Chuck on UFC 97 main event and get this Rampage vs Jardine at UFC 96. Why would Jardine even acept this fight? He is just gonna get KO'd. Shogun and chuck will be interesting. Didnt see how Shogn did against Colen yet but I would imagine he will try alil harder in training for chuck.

17. Coleman=colen i guess dont know what happened there lol.

18. Half the time I thought Shogun looked like he was in there doing a light sparring session. He wasn't very agressive or alert out there. He could have finished Coleman a few times. On the other hand Coleman never gave up and he had Shogun in a bad situation in the third. I don't know if it was the cutting or the weight but both of those guys looked pretty bad.

19. Steve, so I'm guessing thats like a four man tournament for a #1 contender spot. In the meantime I think Machida will get first crack at Rashad if he wins.

20. dane drebin says:

holyshit this was a bad ufc. i seriously wanted to leave in the middle of the coleman fight. coleman looked old and slow but still strong and shogun was not impressive at all either. mark my words if chuck fights shogun he will knock the shit out of him if thats the same shogun showing up.

marcus davis vs lyttle and kang vs belcher was the only fight that keopt me interested.

belcher is lucky as fuck that he got the sub on kang he was getting totally tool'ed for 2 rounds and that came out of nowhere. he beat someone who was a lot better at bjj than he was. he always talks like he could stand a chance against anderson its way funny he would go to sleep in under 3 minutes if that fight took place. what was with that tatoo on his arm did anyone else see that!? looked like elvis before he died or something lol.

sucks rich was really commin alive in the third and dan was gassing fast i think dan definetly won the first two but i wish it was a 5 rounder. i think rich's cardio would have saved him.

damn horn made me ashamed that i live right next to his gym elite performance. he really looked bad tonight and everyone in salt lake was rooting for hima t the bar. really killed the mood at how bad he got handled.

21. i sure am glad i missed it all now…i was way off base in my predictions …what has happened to Horn he hasn't been the same fighter in years has he ? he used to school people

22. damn the fights sucked..i do believe rich won the first and 3… dan was backing up more and only toook rich down 2 times in the hole fight..rich won it easy..

do to see kampton to get a TKO

23. Im on here to tell you that I THINK DANA WHITE SUCKS!

IM NOT BUYING UFC FIGHTS WITH ONE GOOD FIGHT THE WHOLE NIGHT! IM FROM THE OLD SCHOOL WHERE

THER WERE 5-6 FIGHTS A NIGHT….BIG NAMES WE KNEW

…DANA HAS GOT GREETY ALL ABOUT THE MONEY! ALL THE GOOD FIGHTERS HAVE LEFT AND WENT INTO ACTING OR FIGHTING SOME WHERE ELSE! LOOK AT ALL THE FIGHTRS IN AFFLICTION JAN 24TH….DANA THE ONLY ONE MAKING MONEY NOT THE FIGHTERS!!!! SCAM!!

24. Thats was a poor UFC event no Doubt… but with an event every month plus fight nights there's bound to be the odd crappy show! Put it his way I'd prefer to keep it as it is rather than have a show every 2 months or every 6 months like affliction…

And.. Hendo definatley won that fight!!! if it had been a 5 rounder Hendo would have been OK – He did well against Rampage for 5 full rounds and didn't Gas!! If the fight had been 5 rounds he woulda' trained for that! – So don't be too sure that Rich woulda' won if it had continued for 2 more rounds

25. I wish they would give us every fight in these PPV's. The way it is you pay around 10 dollars a fight and with this last one it was definitely not worth it.

26. Nate Fury says:

Coleman proved he is still one bad dude and with a better training crew and perhaps a move to his normal weight class at heavyweight, he could be a dominate force again. I would like to see him matched up against Chieck Kongo. With the winner getting a title shot. I think if Coleman can avoid Kongo's big shots and take this one to the mat, then Coleman could g&p his way to victory. This could set Coleman up with his original comeback opponent Brock Lesnar in a title showdown.

27. i don't know how good coleman is or how bad shogun was, coleman showed he at least had some life left and put on a valiant effort but against anyone else if he had his arms down like like you would have seen a brutal knock out.i won't write off shogun yet but he needs to improve alot but i still think he can.

28. they should start a seniors mma you got 40 and up you got randy coleman they could get frye, severn,shamrock,gracia,militich and other old vets and let them go at it, maybe with slightly bigger gloves.

29. Coleman will never get a title shot…number one he just lost at LHWGHT, 2 there are far more deserving fighters who have actually won a fight in the picture. So unless coleman starts winning he will not get a fight for at least 5 more fights and he must win them all in my opinion to even be considered for one. Coleman vs Couture would be a great fight though.

30. Businessman says:

Common…Coleman for a title shot? are you kidding me? You must not have watched his match against Rua. Although I give him props for being in the octagon at 44 years of age, he needs to give it up. He is gonna get hurt. He is so lucky that he was fighting a recovering/possibly overrated, but nonetheless, a fatigues fighter. Anyone else in the 205 division and we would have seen a Pete Williams flash-back.

31. Yeah, Coleman would have gotten messed up with anyone else. Rua looked horrible, I was really looking forward to him fighting uninjured. Didn't live up to the hype. Definitely one of the worst UFC cards in a while. I hope Rua makes some drastic improvements in the next few months. Otherwise, he won't last against a prepared Liddell.

32. Rua's gonna get better. He can't get any worse than that. I believe after watching this fight, Rua will train like shit for chuck. Franklin hendo, OK match. God, can't wait for the next UFC.. It's gonna be legendary.. GSP and Lyoto for me, but i love silva and penn though