UFC 90 “Silva vs. Cote” Preview Trailer

Comments

1. Oswald Gobblecock says:

I can not take this fight seriously at all. Cote is so undeserving of a title shot against Silva. Silva should just keep fighting at 205 against better fighters cause there's no1 that really deserves a title shot at 185 at this point.

2. cote would have got a shot either way so it doesn't matter. cote will always loose against silva. think of it as free money for people that bet.

3. Oswald Gobblecock says:

How would he have gotten a shot either way? What's the other way?

4. Well I could see Dan and Marquardt fighting eachother to earn a title shot but your right he is not deserving just b/c of a poor and boring performance Unanimous Dec. win over a strictly BJJ guy like Almeida and a couple of tkos over some not so good competition dont earn u a shot. Besides that he has no fans lol. And also I dont need free money i got that I would rather see a good competitive fight but the ufc is obviously a little scared to see him get roughed up at 205. I dont blame them. There are some guys that pose some serious problems for Anderson at 205. Either way he should easily beat Cote and be able to fight in 2-3 months after that so I think I can wait as long as they give him a Contnder next fight at 205. Make him earn the 205 title shot not give it to him.The Division is just to crowded to have him jump to #1 contender after 1 solid win.

5. Anderson Silva is by far the best fighter in MMA. There is nobody in light heavy that has the skill he has. He dismantled Dan Henderson. Rampage couldn’t even put Henderson away. This fight with Cote is a joke. He should get a automatic title shot against Forrest. They are going to give BJ a title shot and he only defended the belt twice. There are a lot of deserving light weights in line to fight him. The UFC doesn’t want its poster boy Forrest to get embarrassed.

6. Sorry but Fedor is the best fighter in all of MMA and they dont want anderson getting beat thats why they gave him James Irvin and now Patrick Cote. So that people like u keep thinking he is the best ever lmao.

7. Oswald Gobblecock says:

There have been quite a few people that have gone to a decision with Fedor. Silva destroys and finishes whoever he fights. Franklin has beaten nearly every and Silva killed him twice and worked Henderson. Irvin was a huge prospect! Maybe you don’t realize this. As of right now I’d say Anderson Silva destroys more competition then Fedor.

8. I`d like to see Hendo and Marquardt fight, and the winner could fight the winner of Leben VS Bisping for a shot at Silva`s title

9. Fedor is a lot more well rounded. I say have Fedor and Silva fight so everyone can find out who the better fighter is. I'm kind of interested.

10. I'm glad Penn is fighting GSP. But the fight I would like to see who's better is GSP vs. Anderson Silva.

11. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Most think Silva would kill GSP and I agree. If Silva and Fedor fought then Fedor might win just cause of the weight advantage cause they could not meet at equal weigh ins.

12. This Cote fight is just gonna be another highlight reel for Silva. I think that a gsp mathcup would be very interesting. gsp is smart enough to control silva on the ground but i could also see silva ko'ing gsp. As for Fedor, i think he is the best but if he ever wants to prove it for himself it would be nice to see him go to the ufc for at least a 3 fight deal. Silva walks around at 220 before he cuts weight and fedor is a smaller heavyweight, it could happen but i'm not holding my breath.

13. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Ya see I'm not sure if GSP will even get past BJ so Silva sure as hell doesn't interest me. I'd rather see Silva go bigger and fight in the stacked 205 division. There's so many more interesting match ups for him there. There's no way that GSP could strike with Silva and if a bigger and much stronger guy like Henderson got beat on the ground by Silva then I wouldn't care to see what GSP could try to do.

14. That bj and gsp fight is gonna be great. I would also like to see silva move to 205 but he doesn’t seem like he wants to because he wants Machida to be the champ. But I agree, there would be some great fights at 205 for Silva.

15. patrickgamil says:

every second UFC sentance in their promo say anderson is best P4P.

Fact is Fedor would brutalize him and they are not that different in weight. Anderson is taller fedor chunkier.

it would be a tactical fight because fedor knows not to open up to and elite counter striker.

once their bodys get close it'd be over.

i'm not saying that i think fedor is more awesome just that he'd win, and that the P4P nonsense doesn't take into account a lot – fedor doesn't cut weight, fedor fights all weights (although he should fight barnett, kharitonov, arlovski,werdum amd gonzaga.)

also spider walks around well over 200 lbs.

so thinking of them strictly as 2 weight classes apart is an arbitrary way of thinking

16. patrickgamil says:

not so sure silva could handle GSP. It might come down to strength size. the 185 lb limit would be better news for GSP – if it was open weight I think the cales would tip for anderson as he'd be better able to avoid losing by being outwrestled. I can't see GSP hanging in the stand up as Silva is S O L O N G, and accurate