UFC 89 “Bisping vs. Leben” Weigh-In Results

ufc 89

UFC 89 Weigh-In Results

Chris Leben (186) vs. Michael Bisping (185)
Brandon Vera (203) vs. Keith Jardine (205)
Luis Arthur Cane (206) vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (205)
Chris Lytle (170) vs. Paul Taylor (170)
Marcus Davis (169) vs. Paul Kelly (169)
Akihiro Gono (171) vs. Dan Hardy (169)
Neil Wain (254) vs. Shane Carwin (264)
David Bielkheden (156) vs. Jess Liaudin (155)
Sam Stout (155) vs. Terry Etim (155)
Jim Miller (155) vs. David Baron (155)
Per Eklund (156) vs. Samy Schiavo (156)

Undercard fights begin at 1pm EST in the US.

Comments

1. damn, if that picture is untouched, they both look sickly skinny to me.

2. dane drebin says:

i dont know they both look pretty cut and in shape to me

3. I always thought Bisping did look cut and healthy, but I'm kind of surprised at Leben. Now, they are the same weight class, but look smaller to me. Oh well, I could be wrong.

4. i think there is some pretty evenly matched fights on this card should be a good one and free too.

5. these are weighins anyone who cuts weight for a sport knows "the look" they both have it they will look just as big as usual sat night.

6. dane drebin says:

i cant really pick a for sure winner in any of these i love that should be really exciting

7. dane drebin says:

i think this is the best shape i have ever seen leben look

8. oh I agree about Leben's shape. It just looks like they cut a lot is all I'm saying. Hey if they can cut that much, all the more power to them. You're right Zalbag, they will probably look a little thicker tomorrow when their bodies aren't as dehydrated.

9. i have heard rumors of leben trying to go down to welter wieght after this. don't kow if its true.

10. ww huh well that me must be for the obvious reason of trying to get back at KOS you know if he does go down, Dana will pair them up at some point. It seems like the thing to do consider the idea take GSP out of ww and its a crazy wide open competition.

11. Leben has never came in looking like he is now and and neither has Bisping. Bisping is shredded more then I have ever seen him. Both guys look great but I hope this fight lives upto what it could be. Bisping should be able to dance around him and pop in and out on Leben and Leben may look for a takedown. Who knows. I hope it stays on its feet and gives the fans what everyone wants. A completely face smashing, bone crunching KO. Much like Liddell v. Evans LOL.

12. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Both Bisping and Leben do seem like they're at the top of their games right now. Unless Leben shows us something new in this fight, like Rashad did against Chuck, then I'd give it to Bisping just cause he's already looked great in his fights where as Leben has just won his but didn't look real impressive as a top level fighter. We'll see tomorrow night.

13. Businessman says:

I don't think Leben has a chance. I think he is the same fighter that Rich Franklin is…good at a few things but not great at any. Bisping should pick him apart. I don't like Lesben much but my feelings aside, I don't think he is that good, at least not a top fighter. I predict a second round TKO or submission from Bisping. There are other fights on the card that look good. I wonder which Vera is going to show up??? The one that looked great from a few years back or the boring, lost fighter from that has shown up recently. Also the Luis and soko should be a good one. That one could end at any minute and one of them is definitely going to get the f*** knocked out. There will not be any grappling, wrestling, ground n pound, submission, bjj, etc. in that one

14. I'd never count Leben out. He is still a vet fighter who has an iron chin and knockout power. He is also sober now that he moved to Hawaii. I'm picking Leben to win.

15. Leben seems to KO people when it looks like he is abut to go out. It is crazy like Terry Martin had him badly hurt. But the thing is when Leben dont knock someone out he loses. He doesnt have the technique to win a decision usually. Bisping also may not be able to really rock chris either. I am interested in seeing how Bisping does against Leben after looking great against Jason Day. Maybe the drop down was just what he needed.

16. Leben's take down defense is not too bad either, and I know he does ground work, you just don't get to see it in action. I'm gonna pull for Leben.

17. PooPooPlatter says:

Leben's hair looks stupid!

18. i doubt leben will go down to welter. he barely made weight yesterday at 186. however, leben looks like in the best shape to date. he has NEVER had 6 pack abs in any of his fights…. except for this one.

19. Leban 3 rd KO

20. check out the cnbc interview with leben. hes been sober for months so thats why he looks like hes in great shape. no drama at all in this event. these guys showed a lot of class in their pre fight interviews.

21. i think decision leben 29-28