UFC 87 Results LIVE

UFC 87 “Seek and Destroy” features one of the strongest fightcards of the summer. Headlining the card is UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre taking on Jon Fitch who is 8-0 in the UFC. Co-headlining the show is wrestling sensation Brock Lesnar going head-to-head with MMA veteran Heath Herring. Also on the card, The Ultimate Fighter season 1 cast member Kenny “Ken-Flo” Florian taking fellow UFC up and comer Roger “El Matador” Huerta in lightweight superfight. Tonight should be a solid night of fights.

CageToday.com will have the LIVE results of UFC 87 starting with the undercards at 8pm EST with the Pay-Per-View to follow at 10pm EST.

RESULTS AFTER THE JUMP

UFC 87 Videos

Dana White and Rampage at UFC 87 Press Conference
ESPN Pre-Fight Interview With Brock Lesnar
Dana White UFC 87 Video Blog
Kenny Florian Pre-Fight Interview
Wanderlei Silva Breaks Down UFC 87

Comments

1. this card isn't looking half bad, other than gsp theres a couple tough calls. brock vs herring although i think brock will win herring has a better than good chance at beating him, kenny vs huerta is a tough fight and should be fight of the night i'm leaning toward kenny in this one,mcdonald vs maia -maia's bjj is sick but all go with macdonald who is more well rounded and gamburyan should kill emerson.the prelim got a couple fights i like as well cummo wilson kongo

2. Man this Fight between GSP and Fitch will be a great one and let me tell u if GSP beats Fitch then he will get matched up with Alves and thats going to be great because them 2 have simalier styles.

St.Pierre Beats Fitch By Submission 2nd Round.

3. I dont think that GSP will much trouble with fitch anywhere. AAI think lesnar will take herring down and ground and pound. Herring will probally scramble to his feet but I think he will just keep getting taken down and eventually tko'd. I dont really see any similarities with gsp and alves. Alves likes to get in and throw as where gsp looks to keep distance or take it to the ground. Alves tries for a stand up war most of the time and GSP is more of a groung and pound guy that has great stand up and i know that alves is bjj black belt.

4. I hope huetra wins. Saw the UFC countdown and he had it rough. I like the underdog story b/c it shows that u can achieve greatness even if ur born into a shitty situation.

5. huertra will lose

6. dane drebin says:

my predictions:

Brock lesnar will win by crazy GnP

maia will pull out a sub

GSP will win a decision

Florian will win because he has better technique and will catch huerta with huertas wreckless style… im not sure tho this fight could go either way

kongo will win by knockout i hope to set up brock vs kongo so brock can maul him

manny will detroy emerson in the first or second if emerson is lucky

i think what i like about this card is any of the fights on the main card are a toss up and could go either way

7. How the hell did Cummo loose?!?!?!?!? He showed excellent takedown defense against Diego, great heart, and excellent striking ability and he looses to this freaking nerd. WTF!

8. Scooby Doo says:

kflo is weak he should be call run hoo !!!!

9. I was expecting more from kenny and roger. Ken-Flo disapointed in third with that track meet.

10. Wow Manny got KTFO!

11. Good on Brock for winning kid's got alot of tallent

12. @Arthur…..Well Said

Brock did good, but he still needs a lot of work on the ground.

GSP is a complete badass……disappointed he didn't get the finish. Fitch get mad respect for taking a beating.

13. I told you all LESNAR wins!!!! of course he still has alot to learn and honestly i think he could of finished that fight when he wanted to but i think he was toying with Herring and gaining octagon experience at the same time. 30-26 that was one lopsided fight if i ever seen one. Lesnar proved one thing he is legit and is a handful for anyone he fights, he manhandled herring, he made him look like inexperienced fighter, he walked right over him and through him. Next up Cheick Congo…i presume, and lesnar has this fight won as well, no one can out manuever him on the ground and that flying knee surprised the hell out of me. Props to Lesnar he deserved this won and many more to come.

14. If Brock ever does figure out how to put the hooks in and finish someone is going to get hurt. I am not sure I like the idea of letting guys in the ring who did not fight. I like BJ and everyone already knows he wants to fight GSP next so why not let Georges have his moment after victory and save the rest for the next TUF. I think they would be good coaches with a great fight afterward.

15. True and i dont think you have to worry about that and as i said it looked as though Lesnar was toying with Herring, if you watch the fight closer it really looks like lesnar is just learning and gaining experience and going through herring like he was some amatuer fighter.

16. I'm sure has much better technique on the ground when he is in the gym. But under the limelight you could tell he went to his bread and butter instinct of wrestling, keeping dominant position on the back.

Brock was snake close on the back but when he gets to the mount or side control he still keeps space in between his opponent. Give him time he will be really good. I give a lot of respect to Herring for hanging in there. That first punch was everything Brock has to offer and he took it.

17. I know Heaths back is gonna hurt like hell for awhile. Those were some killer knees Brock was throwing.

18. Florian did good the first two rounds but you guys are right he played it safe in the third. I don't ever want to hear his BS about finishing fights or how Lightweights should finish fights, ever again. And Huerta just ran his mouth about everything and now he's got a hole to dig out of. You say you might leave the UFC because you don't get paid enough, that you don't get GSP money, then you come out like that. Good luck on that negotiation table.

19. Brock still has two left feet lol.

I laugh every time the bell rings and he bum rushes his opponent. I think he started with a flying knee. lol.

20. Heath is going to be pissing blood for weeks with all those shots to the kidneys. Lesnar was a different fighter tonight and would have killed Mir if he were to have fought like he did tonight.

21. That was a great UFC. Yeah Herring is going to be a mess this week and so is Fitch. I wonder what Herring is going to have to say about fighting Brock and about the taunting. I thought that his chest tatoo was a sword but it might just represent being a dick.

22. I told you all LESNAR wins!!!! of course he still has alot to learn and honestly i think he could of finished that fight when he wanted to but i think he was toying with Herring and gaining octagon experience at the same time. 30-26 that was one lopsided fight if i ever seen one. Lesnar proved one thing he is legit and is a handful for anyone he fights, he manhandled herring, he made him look like inexperienced fighter, he walked right over him and through him. Next up Cheick Congo…i presume, and lesnar has this fight won as well, no one can out manuever him on the ground and that flying knee surprised the hell out of me. Props to Lesnar he deserved this won and many more to come.

23. dane drebin says:

wow i got every single prediction right and the finishes too except for the manny fight whih i think was a fluke and manny would win 9 times outta 10. go look at my comment number 6 i should have bet on this paperview i woul have cleaned up

24. These guys have so much heart. Hearing recovered from a huge punch that brock landed and kept fighting and fitch got dropped a couple of times and went the distance. I was very impressed with brock and gsp. Great ppv.

25. I hate Rob Emerson for what he did when he was yougner but he could beat Manny 8 times out of 10. Manny stand straight up and never tucks his chin. Manny isnt that good and rob exposed his horrible stand up in only 12 seconds. It was not a fluke.

26. "How the hell did Cummo loose?!?!?!?!? He showed excellent takedown defense against Diego, great heart, and excellent striking ability and he looses to this freaking nerd. WTF!"

Omfg, I'm so emberassed by this comment but let me clear this up. I always confuse these two fighters Luke Cummo and Luigi Fioravanti, so in the former comment I was referring to Luigi and not Cummo. Cummo and that geek are both garbage.

27. @ Steve

Yeah I saw Manny "work" on his stand-up and I was like WTF you got to be kidding me. I knew he was going to get Ko'd while throwing an overhand right. When I saw him train he was just wrecklessly throwing overhands with his chin up. No combinations, no accuracy or precision, and not even that much power or strength behind those punches. But his strong areas aren't his standup, they are his ground game and Judo.

28. dane drebin says:

i dont know i think if emerson didnt land that shot that manny would have gotten him down and pounded him out just my oppinion mybe im just sour cuz thats the only prediction i didnt get right DAMN

29. I agree with you Steve, about Emerson. I figured GSP would win, and he did great. Mad props to Fitch for hanging in there. How many fighters can go the distance with GSP and still have energy at the end? I have a feeling he will be one of those fighters that is always in the shadow of the number 1 contender spot. Little more work, Fitch vs. GSP 2 would be even better. Lesnar, come on. He did a great job using his wrestling and strength, and his standup was better than I thought. I didn't like his celebration before the fight was even over. Either way, he is a force to be reckoned with, he just needs more work on his BJJ. Seemed like he got on herring, but didn't know what to do from there. I wanted to see Huerta win, but he wasn't aggressive enough. I do like Florian though and he played a smart fight.

30. And Dane, come on, it was a good knockout by Emerson. I don't like Manny, but I know he is a good fighter, but he got caught. I wouldn't mind seeing them go at it again.

31. Just in case anyone wasnt sure if lesnar was for real or not ask the left side of heath herrings face!

32. the roger vs kenny fight was a big let down as they were building it up for "fight of the year" florian is just quicker and was more dominate. lesnar absolutely killed heath herring and got him with a great shot right at the jump in the same eye the ref accidentally poked of heath's. lesnar needs to learn submissions because he had a lot of openings for them and could have ended the fight early. that would have stunned everyone if he could have done that just because what we have seen is brock gNp only. he did a great job at keeping the pressure on heath and keeping him close. i would have been miserable in that situation. i am not sure though if those knees were as devastating as you may think, but i know heath is hurting from brock laying all over him and pounding him. i am curious to who brock fights next. we still didn't really get to see if he has a chin either. i thought he would be tested more on stand up but he took it to the mat. and very easily every time. i thought the goldberg spear was great/funny after he dropped hearing. he could have folded him and broke his neck if he would have hit him right with that.

33. Nate Fury says:

Brock Lesnar vs. Gabriel Gonzaga next?

34. Businessman says:

Lesnar is going to be tough to beat. He definitely needs to learn submissions and more efficient ground and pound…but he is only going to get better. Can you imagine him throwing elbows or forarms? As tough as Heath is, those would have opened him up and ended the fight. Kongo is a great match-up, style-wise for lesnar. Lesnar would pretty much do the same thing that he did to Keith, to Kongo. With Arvloski, Tim (as much as I hate him), and Randy gone or not fighting, There are not too many good established fighters in the HW Division. The only established guys for him to fight are Fabricio, Napao, and Minatauro. Some of the young guys like Cain and Carwin are looking good to. It should be interesting. I think Lesnar's next apponent will be Kongo and if she wins, which he should, he would probably take on Napao.

35. i would love to see shane carwin vs. brock lesnar. both are physical specimens and have superior wrestling.

36. Nate Fury says:

Brock Lesnar wants to fight top guys. Gonzaga is a top 10 heavyweight. This is the fight that makes the most sense right now. Kongo lost to Herring, so the would be a step back for Lesnar. Carwin and Velasquez are still trying to gain recognition and make a name for them selves. I think Gonzago is the next suitable opponent for Brock on his way to being a contender.

37. Brock has huge potential 2 be a great fighter. He has exsposiveness and athltic abillity way beyund the ability of youre average 265 pound fighter. If he finds himself a good Ju-Jitsu coach then he could just blow up the rankings.

38. dane drebin says:

Ryan S i agree with u that manny got caught all i was saying is that i think manny is a better overall fighter than emerson but its who fights best on a certain night. i think manny will go a lot farther than emerson but he should drop down to 145 i would like to see him fight faber later in his career when he gets more experience

39. Bock Lewnar is unquestionably the next big thing in MMA, two years from no or 4 more fights/wins and he will have a shot at the title. Hmm i predict that Mir will beat nogeura for the title and this will set up a rematch between Lesnar and Mir for the title. Brocks next opponent is Kongo, i know herring beat him but lesnar still needs ring time and herring only beat him by decision and it could of gone either way. Lesnar destroyed Herring and made him look like a baby.

Article from Yahoo….MINNEAPOLIS – Brock Lesnar is about the size of a small SUV and as powerful as a large one.

But what will one day make Lesnar the best heavyweight mixed martial artist in the world isn’t going to be his size or his strength. It’s going to be the quickness and the athleticism he shares with a guy who was sitting at ringside at the Target Center Saturday, watching him annihilate Heath Herring at UFC 87, Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson.

Lesnar won a unanimous decision over the PRIDE and UFC veteran, taking the bout 30-26 on all three cards.

He’s only won one fight in the UFC and only two of his three career mixed martial arts bouts. A title isn’t imminent, but have no doubt, Lesnar will one day have a championship belt strapped around that massive body of his before he’s through.

“I was blown away by how good he looked tonight,” UFC president Dana White said of Lesnar, the former NCAA heavyweight wrestling champion at the University of Minnesota and the one-time WWE pro wrestling champ.

If Lesnar’s weight doesn’t spiral out of control – and if he can continue to make the heavyweight division’s 265-pound limit – he’s going to be just as good in MMA as he was in amateur wrestling.

The fight with Herring – who had been in with greats of the game such as Fedor Emelianenko, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic – ended essentially after the first punch.

Lesnar stormed from his corner, as he did in his UFC debut in February when he fought ex-UFC champion Frank Mir. But instead of shooting on Herring, Lesnar faked the shot, flicked a jab and then landed a crunching right flush on Herring’s eye.

Herring went down and somersaulted backward, with the massive Lesnar in hot pursuit.

Lesnar spent much of the rest of the bout pummeling Herring, making his eye a mess.

“That punch definitely set the tone for the fight,” said Erik Paulson, one of Lesnar’s many coaches.

Lesnar said he had an advantage because Herring had little tape of him to dissect, while he had many fights of Herring’s he could break down. Because of his wrestling background, Lesnar suspected Herring would expect him to shoot for a takedown.

Instead, though, he used the threat of the takedown to set up his powerful right.

“I came with the right hand and I put it where I needed to put it,” Lesnar said. “It’s one of those things. I was stunned for a second.”

He wasn’t nearly as stunned as Herring, who offered little offense for the rest of the fight. Herring had expressed his displeasure with having to fight the inexperienced Lesnar to White privately before the fight, but word had gotten back to Lesnar’s camp.

Herring, who came into the bout with a 29-13 record and was fresh from an impressive win over Cheick Kongo, didn’t land a punch of consequence.

Three fights into his MMA career and Lesnar really hasn’t tasted a solid shot from an opponent.

He’s not ready for the elite guys in the class like Emelianenko, Nogueira and Randy Couture yet, but he’s got the size, the strength and the athleticism to get there once he gets the cage time.

There are few MMA fighters who can outwrestle him now and few who are anywhere near as strong or as athletic. He’s susceptible now, as Mir proved, to good jiu-jitsu fighters and probably would struggle with a heavyweight who had a quality standup game.

Lesnar did show some good combinations on Saturday and there were few prettier or more perfectly executed punches thrown on the card than the right Lesnar opened his bout with against Herring.

Even given that, a quality striker who had the ability to fend off his takedowns would cause him problems now.

Give Lesnar another seven or eight fights, though, and there are going to be few guys who want to get into the cage with him, let alone who will be able to beat him.

He’s a neophyte in the sport, but will be a significant part of its future. On Saturday, he was simply relieved to have finally won in the UFC.

He was describing the significance of his first UFC win when he noted that his background is as an amateur wrestler and said he considers himself an amateur wrestler. He spoke disdainfully of his WWE stint as a time when he was a “professional entertainer.”

White heard where Lesnar was going and quickly interrupted with one of the most salient points of the postfight news conference.

“Let me tell you, Brock Lesnar is a mixed martial artist,” White said admiringly. “Heath Herring was 29-13 and he’s fought all over the world: Holland, PRIDE. He’s been here for two years and he’s fought the best fighters in the world. He got dominated tonight. Dominated, by Brock Lesnar. Brock Lesnar is a mixed martial artist, no doubt about it.”

He’s likely to fight Kongo next, though White would not commit to that so soon after the card.

Whoever is next is going to have a heap of trouble on their hands.

Two years from now, he may be close to unstoppable.

Unquestionably, he’s the sport’s next big thing.

40. I just saw the post fight conference and GSP was the most banged up I've ever seen him after a fight. I give Fitch a lot more respect after that fight he doesn't quit. All in all it was a bad ass UFC. I wish Herring could have done more but after that first punch I'm sure most fighters would have been done.

41. I think Manny is like Mike Whitehead; great in the gym and then chokes in the cage

42. dane drebin says:

manny won his last two fights in the first round and did u see him tear through the TUF house. he was dominating diaz until that freak shoulder accident. im not saying diaz wouldnt ahve caught him in a last minute sub because thats what he's known for but who knows he could be the TUF winner if it wasnt for that shoulder accident. i think he had a bad night lastnight and thats all i expect big things from him in the future. especially if he drops to 145

43. I'm so glad that Brock didn't end the fight quick, If he would have then there would've been people that would say that it was a fluck. But you can't say that after the whoopin that Heath got. And on the Manny fight, he sure is a great fighter, but he always wants to show how bad ass he is and just starts throwing wild, anybody with quick reflexes and skill can catch him like Emerson did.

44. Kash go back and check out GSP after his fight with B.J Penn. Now thats the worst I have ever seen him. Also I would love to see Lesnar fight Kimbo. You know that kimbo talks shit about anyone he fights. I know that Kimbo dont fight in the UFC but I would still like to see Lesnar whip his ass and talk shit before and during the fight. Huerta looked horrible. Kenny really did take advantage of his wild aggressive style. Props to KenFlo. Still I wonder if Lesnar does win his next fight will he get a title shot? I guess it just depends how he looks in his next fight but i wouldnt mind seeing him beat the shit out of Nog or Mir. He just better keep it standing.

45. Lesnar is rumored to fight Kongo next if he wins his next fight i could see him fighting Mir or Nog for the title, but most likely they are going to want to see Lesnar win a couple more fights and see if Mir can beat Nog and if so that would set up the rematch between Lesnar and Mir but this time for the title. it makes sense. i honestly believe lesnar could of finished that fight when he wanted to but i believe he was out to prove something against herring that he can dominate anyone at anytime, Herring could not get up at all and manuever out from under neath Lesnar, the man is just that damn strong and his athletic abilities are tremendous. i love the flying knee attempt and i think that caught herring off guard and even more so that one punch and rocked Herrring so bad he was forced to do a backward sommersault and then came the spear, oh ya and the ground and pound. For all you lesnar haters and doubters it is my pleasure to say I TOLD YOU SO… Lesnar is the next big thing in MMA.

46. Nate Fury says:

If Lesnar fights Kongo, that's gay. He should fight Gonzago, who is a top 10 fighter. Lesnar just destroyed Herring, who beat Kongo. Lesnar wants competition! Kongo would be a step back. Brock Lesnar vs. Gabriel Gonzaga!

47. the ufc has invested too much in Brock to put him in with gonzaga right now. A fight with Kongo would be cake for him. Wrestle him down and g&p just likethe herring fight.Lesnar would have about 50 pounds on kongo come fight time. But I dont really think mir can beat Nog. I really dont think mir is vary good at all. He had really looked like shit against Vera and Maricio Cruz. He beat Hardonk and got sub. on Lesnar but that was only b/c of lesnars lack of exp. If the fag ref wouldnt have stopped and deducted a point for hitting mir in the back of the head when they were scrambling and if thats all they give u i would hit the back of the head too but anyway lesnar imo would have finished him.

48. brock will be a handfull for anybody, but they should not match him up with nog mir gonzaga yet, kongo is perfct for him and should give him another win. i hated his wwe antics during and at the end of the fight but i will look past it once if he keeps acting like that i will not root for him at all.

49. i agree to a certain extent, i dont think they will match him up with gonzaga so soon as he is great at BJJ and we all know lesnar is succetptile to that but it will be a good test for him win or lose. Now fighting Kongo makes sense because he barely lost against herring via decision and it would be another test for him as kongo is pretty strong and very good with boxing and kicks. Either fight would be great and i would love to see him fight again soon maybe as soon as UFC 90 in october 25th but that might be too soon that only gives him 2 months to train but i think that is plenty of time, but i see him fighting in November or December most likely at UFC 91 or 92

50. Ya i was surprised by his antics as well but i think its acceptbile just this one time due to everyone not giving him his dues or credit and hating on him especiallly herring. He went there and proved to everyone he is a force to be reckoned with and just got a little excited afterwards but i loved his comment can you see me now…that was well deserved and he was just making a statement thats all. Lesnar is good guy but that goes to prove dont doubt him at all. Herring took him lightly and i even heard that herring after the wiegh in was in Dana's office telling him that he didnt want to fight lesnar…hmm must got scared when he saw Brock in person…shit i would and i have back in 2000 at J robinsons wrestling camp in minnestota.