UFC 86 Results Live

forrest griffin ufc 86

UFC 86 “Jackson vs. Griffin” takes place July 5 from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. Headlining the event are The Ultimate Fighter 7 coaches Quinton “Rampage” Jackson taking on Forrest Griffin for the UFC light heavyweight belt.

The undercards start at 8:30 pm EST with the Pay-Per-View main card to follow at around 10 pm EST.

Main Card

• Quinton Jackson vs. Forrest Griffin (T)
    CT R1: 10-9 Jackson, Rampage drops Griffin towards the end of the round.
    CT R2: 10-9 Griffin buckles Rampages leg early in the round, Griffin controls the ground.
    CT R3: 10-9 Jackson, Flurries of Punches by Rampage, Griffin Playing it Safe, very close.
    CT R4: 10-9 Griffin, very close
    CT R5: 10-9 Griffin, Griffin lands more, Rampage did damage. Hard to call.
    Result: Forrest Griffin defeats Quinton Jackson by Unanimous Decision
  • Patrick Cote vs. Ricardo Almeida
    CT R1: 10-9 Almeida
    CT R2: 10-9 Cote, dominated stand up, escaped when taken to the ground.
    CT R3: 10-9 Cote, very close, lackluster round. It could go either way.
    Result:
  • Gleison Tibau vs. Joe Stevenson
    CT R1: 10-9 Tibau, close – Tibau held Stevenson in an omaplata ending the first round.
    Result: Joe Stevenson defeats Gleison Tibau by Submission (Guillotine Choke) at 2:57 of R2.
  • Chris Lytle vs. Josh Koscheck
    CT R1: 10-9 Koscheck, all lay and pray
    CT R2: 10-9 Koscheck, Kos’s elbows from top cut open Lytle.
    CT R3: 10-9 Koscheck
    Result: Josh Koscheck defeats Chris Lytle by Unanimous Decision.
  • Tyson Griffin vs. Marcus Aurelio
    CT R1: 10-9 Griffin
    CT R2: 10-9 Griffin
    CT R3: 10-9 Griffin
    Result: Tyson Griffin defeats Marcus Aurelio by Unanimous Decision. (30-27 x3)

Preliminary Card

UFC 86 Links

UFC 86 News
UFC 86 Weigh-In Results
UFC 86 Preview Part 1.
UFC 86 Preview Part 2.

UFC 86 Videos

UFC 86 Preview Trailer
Rampage Talks UFC 86
Forrest Griffin on ESPN Sportscenter
UFC 86 Weigh-In Video
Press Conference Video: Rampage and Forrest
Rampage Outside The Cage

Comments

1. Jackson

Tibau

Ricardo

Josh

Tyson

I would like to see Justine win but i dont think so

Corey

Cole–but i would like to see Jorge win

Melvin

2. dane drebin says:

i agree with everything but i think jorge will beat cole

3. dane drebin says:

and i dont think melvin will win either but who knows

4. griffin

stevenson

cote

koscheck

griffin

gonzaga

hill

gurgel

guillard

5. Nate Fury says:

My predictions for tonight are:

Rampage

Almeida

Stevenson

Kos

Tyson Griffin

Gonzaga

Hill

Cole Miller

Guillard

6. I watched the weigh-ins and I didn't think Hill would lose to that guy. He looked so much bigger. Gurgel got submitted…what? Thats pretty funny. I think he needs to take the hint and leave the UFC. I can't wait to see the Melvin KO because you know that's going to make the PPV. Be safe everyone, I'm off to watch this thing.

7. Oswald Gobblecock says:

What's wrong with this site? It hasn't update since early last night.

8. You can watch the Gurgel/Miller fight at UFC.com. Its actually a pretty good fight.

9. i wasn't to impressed with this card, the forrest rampage fight did not live up to expectations, i thought rampage looked like shit but i had him winning i will have to watch that fight again to see.rampage won the first round forrest dominated the 2nd but the last 3 where close but i gave them to rampage i thought you had to do more to take the belt.

10. I think it almost lived up to expectations. Forrest fought a great fight and Rampage rocked him a ton of times. You saw Rampages power and Forrests heart. I agree with you though Roy that you have to do more to take the belt. On the bright side, I would really like to see Rampage fight Wandi again.

11. hitdabrx says:

rampage got robbed man i guess leg kicks are worth more then punches to the face………. and was i the only one that noticed rogan sucked forrest's dick throughout the whole fight wats up wit that

12. Doumbret says:

I don't know how the judge see the fight … I give the 1-3-4 round to Jackson and the Second (10-8) and fifth to Forrest So In my scorbord it was a Draw

13. whodini says:

yeah it was close Griffin looked like the aggressor to me .. i dunno … maybe cause the Ramp didnt dominate

so Forrest looked better?

14. Give forrest his respect cuz he won that fight and if u think he didnt, then u must be a big rampage fan, alot of people dont understand that leg kicks scores in a fight, he landed more leg kicks tha rampage landed punches

15. Oswald Gobblecock says:

I don't think Rampage got robbed, my whole table and tables around me thought Forrest won but it was a close fight and it was an awesome fight so I don't know what you saw Roy. That was a slug fest, the only thing that would have made it better would have been a knock out but it was a great fight. I don't know how people think Rampage got robbed. I've seen the fight twice, watch it again maybe to see if you see why Forrest won.

16. I agree with Oswald. It was a great fight. They both fought well, but Forest was the aggressor for most the fight. Rampage rocked him a few times, but it didn't really hurt forest. He has a really good chin. His leg kicks were doing a lot of damage too. I agreed with the judging and I think there should be a Rampage vs. Griffin 2.

17. I was also really happy to see Stevenson pull off that win. His defense from the omaplata definately says something about his jiu-jitsu. The Koscheck, Lytle fight was pretty good too. Koscheck didn't really irritate me too much.

18. PoppyNick says:

I thought it was a great fight but I had Rampage winning the 1st, 3rd, and 4th round and Forrest taking 2 & 5. The 2nd round could have been a 10-8 which to me would make it a draw and I still wouldn't have Griffen winning. The unanimous decision was even a huge shocker to me as well. I've watched it 3 times now and still do not see how the decision went like that…..but they are professional judges not me…..I just don't agree…lol.

19. dane drebin says:

i scored it a draw aswell and i didnt care who was gunna win i like btoh fightetrs but i dont think rampage should have gotten his title taken away on that 3 and 4 coulda gone either wat but i think they both went to rampage because he was landing cleaner shots and they made forest fly back each time he hit him. i dunno i just feel bad for rampage my hats off to forest but there better be a rematch soon.

20. PoppyNick says:

I fully agree with you on every thing you said dane, I like both fighter also and didn't care who won. Definitely want to see a rematch now.

21. Oswald Gobblecock says:

I like both as well but I gave 3 rounds to Forrest but you could argue for both. Plus that 2 round was a 10 – 8 so I thought Forrest deserved it. A rematch would be awesome but Rampage needs to work his way back up like every other champ that has lost. I still want to see Chuck get another crack at Rampage. I'd also like to see Rampage fight Silva again. So many great match ups at 205.

22. dane drebin says:

it was such a close fight and could have gone either way it was fight of the year so far how can u say it didnt live up to expectations roy? maybe the judging was bad but the fight itself was awesome anyone can see that.

23. how did u get a draw? Not saying it wasnt close but how did u score it.It is a 10 point must system. So u can give a round 9-9 unless their is a point taken away.

24. cant*

25. so u must have gave forrest 10-8 and rampage 3 round to 2.Right?

26. it probally didn't live up to expectations to me because i felt that rampage looked like shit,it was a close fight but he did not look good to me, i still had him winning but not in good fashion, i expected to see the fireworks he promised and he looked flat.it was not a horrible call it was close i just saw it going his way and he was the champ so forrest should have done more to take the belt.i am not a huge fan of either but i like both of them as well.i thought the rest of the card was ok at best and bought the event mostly for that fight and i did not feel we saw the best of both fighters.

27. damn corey hill lost