UFC 85: Chuck Liddell vs. Rashad Evans

rashad evans

According to Sherdog, Chuck Liddell will take on Rashad Evans at UFC 85 on June 7 from London, England. Liddell was originally scheduled to fight Mauricio “Shogun” Rua, but Rua was forced to withdraw after suffering a ACL knee injury.

Evans winner of “The Ultimate Fighter” season 2, was originally set to take on Thiago Silva at UFC 84 on May 24.

It is unknown whether the UFC will find a replacement to fight Silva in May.

Comments

1. Rashad was very poor against Tito & Bisping… Looks like his undefeated status is about to disappear… I hope Chuck Knocks his Ass out! Especially cos I've got tickets!

I think I woulda prefered the rematch with Jardine though!

Ultimatley Rashad is a small 205, I reckon he should drop to MW and take on Franklin/Hendo/Okami or maybe even Silva!

2. Yeah Chucks stand up is a level above Rashad. so he will have to work his groundgame if he can but we all know Chuck sprawl and ability to stand backup is outstanding.

I was hoping to see Jardine with his CrystalMethMonkey style.

3. Hmmm bit disapointed with this matchup to be honest. I wanted Chuck vs. Anderson although it was unlikely to happen.

4. I don't think the names are going to draw, but I also think that Rashad doesn't get the respect he deserves.

5. shogun5811 says:

rashad is a good fighter, albeit small for 205, but i think chuck is in another league, & will deffintly end rashads winstreak

6. I agree both are good fighters with Liddel having a slight edge, remember Liddel is always out of shape/he looks like he could always be in better shape when i see him fight for his fights and relies only on his KO power punches. Realisticly i do think Liddel doesnt have much time left in this sport. It wouldnt surprise me if Rashad won.

7. Scooby Doo says:

I would rather see Chuck vs T. Silva instead of Rashad.

8. not the match up i was hoping for, probally not a good match up for rashad , chuck should be able to out strike him and chuck has faced better wrestlers than rashad so it won't be easy for him to take chuck down.i bet chuck was happy about this pick.

9. Brandon says:

Like the match up, would have rather seen shogun obviously. Chuck has got this one hands down

10. I'm going with Rashad on this one, Chuck is great at takedown defense but I think he can still do it.

11. I forgot about Rashad as a possibility. I like this matchup because I want to see how Rashad can handle the next level of competition. I really don't consider Tito to have been all he could be in their meeting. I know that Chuck is coming to win because that would set him up for a possible title shot. I think we will see both fighters at their best.

12. yeah kash it is time for rashad to take on one of the top guys and see what he is about.

13. I'm actually liking this match better then the one with Shogun.

14. i can't agree with you on that one boris, shogun was thought to be the best lhw out there i could not think of a better match up for chuck.

15. After Chuck vs Wanderlei that was the fight of the decade IMO. Shogun if he is back to he old pride self could be even better being similar style but i think shogun got a little more range then silva.

16. dane drebin says:

i like this fight better too boris because i like chuck and chogun and would hate to see chuck lose and not get a title shot before he retires and i would hate to see shogun get beat again and see his name become tarnished. i however dislike rashad for his attitude and cockiness towards everyone he fights. people need to shut up and stop complaining nonstop almost every legitimate 205'er is allready in a match and this is a very good replacement.

GO CHUCK

17. Dane i completely disagree…I love Chuck don't get me wrong I'm a big chuck fan, but how could you like this fight better based on wanting Chuck to get another title shot and Shogun losing. First off Chuck can be a real dick in public and is notorious for not training hard for his recent fights. He was reported seen countless times at night clubs mad times days leading up to his last couple fights. And how can u not want a fighter to fight just because he might lose. Thats a huge part of the sport and a reason why fights are great. I personanally do not believe Chuck would have beaten Shogun, but even if he did his name would not be tarnished because real MMA fans know what he did in pride and wont take a loss to forresr or Chuck as completely discarding him. Rua is much more well rounded and has fought better opponents than Rashad, I like this matc up but not more than the original one.

18. But also every fighter is cocky, it doesn't matter what he says to his opponents. He acts hard and triest to scar his opponent but also has the skill to back up his excessive shit talking…even tho i think Liddel has got this one…if he doesn't get taken down which Evans has got to set up with quick punching AND STAYING AWAY FROM THE RIGHT!!!

19. dane drebin says:

call me crazy i just like it better when i really like a fighter and i really dislike the opponent he is going against. the shogun vs lidell fight (while i would still like to see it someday) is like watching ur two favorite football teams facing eachother in the first round of the playoffs. id much rather see them fight at the superbowl (or a 5 round title fight in this case). i just think chucks a bad matchup for shogun and he shoudlnt have gone against such a hard opponent after such an evasive surgery in the first place. shogun needs atune up match before facing the likes of lidell. just my oppinion.

20. Goodnight Rashad.

21. Scooby Doo says:

I would love to see T.Silva destory Chuck like he did Alexander, Rashad is going to get knocked out like the “tiger” Vernon W. from the old lions den days.

22. rashed i hope gets knock out..wtf they better get Thiago Silva a fight..hes a bad dude and walked throw Houstan Alex and they are still throwing ALEX fights but not Thiago Silva wtf

23. likely outcome: Rashad will shoot a few times get stuffed by Liddell's take down defense, get frustrated try to stand, get rocked go for the take down to try to recover & get stuffed again & catch a hook to the temple on the way up & get koed

24. i hope chuck stomps his ass,,,,,, he better……if not all i can say is the fix is in again like in his tito so called fight