UFC 83 Video: Dana White On “Off The Record”

Dana White

UFC President Dana White makes an appearance on TSN’s “Off The Record” to promote the already sold out UFC 83. Dana calls Tito Ortiz a Weasel and Randy Couture a legend.

UFC 83 sold out the majority of its tickets to “UFC Fight Club Members”($79/yr)” ,the remaining tickets, of the 22k sold, were sold to the general public early this morning and sold out in one minute.

Watch The Video Here

Comments

1. Of coarse it sold out by there standards. How many tickets did they give out free. I know for a fact that the ufc use to give Marc Ratner 150 tickets per show when he was director of the Las Vegas Athletic Commission. This was told to me by Armando Garcia the director of the California State Athletic Commission. They would constantly offer him free tickets. I wonder if the ufc paid the required taxes on those free tickets they gave out.

2. dana called tito a weasel. lol.

3. Kazja,

Your on every thread with all this nonsence about ufc and athletic commissions just chill out. Its not about marc ratner or who invented the ring its about fighters showing there skills to entertain you.

4. Luke, I agree, but when you get the athletic commission in california telling promoters that they will only give them a promoters license if the fights are predetermined outcomes and the commission has to know who the winners are before there event is allowed, then the story must come out. I have the minutes of this commission admiting this and fox 11 interview proving this. This is not nonsense, the public should know what is really going on. The commission and the ufc needs a complete overhaul before this sport is ruined.

5. I would venture to say not many people care about these conspiracy THEORIES. In fact, you sound like a paranoid schizophrenic. If you have been medically diagnosed, I apologize, and please don't take offense, but take your meds. Also, you have got to be the biggest thread hi-jacker I've ever seen. At least try to stay on the topic for most of your posts. I'm sorry to come across like an asshole, but it's rather annoying, and I don't think I'm alone here.

Being the MMA guru that you are, surely you've heard of Sherdog? Actually, you probably invented it, or "originated" it. In case you haven't heard of it, you can create your own topics there. You can make it about whatever you want and argue about it until you're blue in the face. I think you'll like it much better than Cagetoday.

6. Joe, these are not conspiracy theories. I have all the proof if you care to see it. I will scan it and e-mail it to you. Especially about the California State Athletic Commission. I will be putting the fox 11 interview about the predetermined fights on u-tube so everyone can see. Also posting all the letters from promoters and fighters interviews telling how the commission has ruined there lives. You will be surprised what is truly going on.

7. dane drebin says:

your right kazja its all fake… FAKE I TELL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha

8. Dane, contact dean lohuis of the athletic commission at 916 263-2195 ask him about the interview on fox 11 with Randy Kerdoon. Also ask him about the time Alan Lowenthal a senator in california had an interview with dean and he told him that the fights were predetermined. Also talk to inspector larry irving of the commission he would collect the money and make sure the fights were predetermined. This is all proven. I can e-mail you anytime the proof and names of the witnesses. There are alot of promoters and fighters that refuse to go along with it and the commission has ruined there events.

9. Dane, I will update you soon where all this info will be posted. I have just gathered the information I am for the sport and for the fighters. This is why I am informing the public what has been going on with this California State Athletic Commission.

10. Good Lord kazja stop it already. Every post its the same thing.

"I spoke with James Gilmore of the FBI who spoke with the Greg Jones of the Alaska state athletic commision who spoke with Barbara Bloodmoon of the Mohawk tribe, who cuts the hair of a Dana White and they say TAPOUT is not owned by the UFC."

I know you invented the internet I believe man I believe!

Kazja you really think people will believe that the CASC told you MMA fights have to be like WWE matches, Predetermined?

You sound insane! Your not outside my house watching me through the window are you?

11. lawdog are you ok. Why would this get you so upset unless you work for the ufc or the athletic commission. Get off there jock. I am just stating facts. I have all the proof if you ever want to see it. I would be more than willing to share it with you. Take a chill pill or something.

12. Some fights are fixed in smaller events, yeah I heard that too. Even if I didn't hear that I already know about sports in general, its not all clean. There is cheating and gambling and drugs in every sport. I don't beleive the CSAC requires predetermined outcomes, then MMA would look as fake as the WWE. I'm sorry but these are fighters not actors.

If there is a fix its between the head of an org and the fighter. I really don't care about that because real fighters don't stand for that. Any fighter like Bo Cantrell that wants to get a paycheck and take a dive won't bother me, I could care less if they step in that cage.

Kazja, you should get going on that posting of proof instead of trying to convince us here. If you want to get the attention of the UFC you should go to sherdog and post there because something tells me that Dana isn't posting on this site.

13. fixed fights? LOL. how can you fix a lower level fight when they are only making $3K.

14. Fixed fights hahaha….. What are you going to say next, that the WWE isn't real.

15. Kazja we all have heard you already so you really do not have to keep bringing it up if you have proof than do something with it and quit using the message boards as you personal soapbox.

16. Kash,

rhinox,

derek,

It is hard for some people to accept the truth. That is why there are so many fans of wwe.

June 25, 2001 letter addressed to me from Rob Lynch of the California state athletic commission concerning Darren Dodsons MMA event.

Rob Lynch: Mr. dodson was taxed the sum of $1000.00 for an event held on November 3, 2000 this event was taxed the minumum amount of $1000.00 pursuant to Business and Professions code secton 18824. We treated this as a wrestling exhibition because the outcomes of the exhibitions were prearanged.

On july 6, 2000 Mr. Morera was taxed the minumum of $1000.00 as we also viewed this as a wrestling exhibition.

Interview with Rob Lynch of the CSAC submitted by Keith Mills posted on 01/04/2003

Keith Mills: How many promoters were going for that predetermined outcome strategy besides IFC, Venom, and Kage Kombat?

Rob Lynch: Kage Kombat doesn't, that is the illegal shows in Los Angeles that the police won't help us on. We even had an injunction one time from where he used to have them. We can't get the authorities to stop it so we're going to try to get another injunction on them.

Keith Mills: Is that the only promoter that you haven't been able to stop?

Rob Lynch: Yep

The California state athletic commission put an injunction on me in 1999 because I would not do fake fights for them. Go figure!

I will be posting all this proof soon. MMAweekly has recently contacted me. Come out of the ufc closet.

17. i'm not a ufc nut hugger. i'm pretty open minded about mma in general, but i find it hard to believe that cro cop was paid to take that brutal kick by gonzaga or that hughes allowed GSP to masterfully dominate / humiliate him twice. i also find it hard to believe that lower level fighters (who want to get known and make even bigger bucks by WINNING) will get paid to throw a fight. i've never heard of fixed fights in boxing either, although that ali – liston phantom punch, did arouse my suspicion somewhat. lastly, promoters / event organizers usually tag something as a "wrestling exhibition" as a way to expose a loophole in order to pay the least tax as possible; if the EliteXC listed their venue otherwise, imagine what the tax would be on a multi-million dollar venue. and finally, link me to that interview.

18. in addition, fixing title fights makes sense, but again, what champion wants to get paid to lose, when their reputation / health is on the line and when they are already making so much? in contrast, fixing lower level fights is pointless. who gives a shit if mike greenpie beats jack bunson? i could see how fixing fights can make certain people rich due to the betting odds, but that is illegal… so illegal that it would bring down pyramids of people… and so illegal that people woudn't risk it because they're afraid of meeing bubba, their new best friend, in prison.

19. dane drebin says:

true that

20. The fighters, promoters, and fans do not want the fixed fights for mma, it is the California State Athletic Commission. Some promoters would miss match the fights. The fight would be real but they would put a top fighter against a beginner so they can predict the out come. This is so the commision knew before there event who the winner was and they would not shut the event down. This is dealing with the fighters safety. We do not need these corrupt commissions in our states. Eventually all the promoters will leave the states where commissions are. They have to much power over regulation. I still refuse to do an Athletic Commission event because of the corruption.

21. That seems right to me, for some reason they considered the event a "Wrestling Exhibition." In that sense they might ask who is going to be winning but even that I don't see any point to.

Personally, I have heard stories about a couple of fixed fights in KOTC. But I don't read into the gossip I hear. I can't recall any fights that seemed rigged to me.

One that made me mad was Herring vs. Nog. Herring knocked Nog down with a great punch and then just stood there and didn't finish the fight. But I came to terms with the fact that Herring just screwed up.

Bo Cantrell was not prepared for Kimbo and he decided to take the easy way out of the fight. Noone told him to do that.

22. Derek,

The Athletic Commission employs the deputy attorney generals from there state. This protects them and makes them above the law. Guess who is in charge of gaming? The deputy attorney general they employ. The UFC went one step further than anyone. They hired the ex deputy attorney general Kirk Hendrix for there personel attorney. Imagine how above the law they are. They will never meet Bubba.

23. the athletic commission is specific to each state. hence, ufc has still to get a license for the venue in each state, and these are independent of other states. if what you are saying is true, the ufc has to have powers in each state they have fights — from nevada to nj to florida all the way into canada for ufc 83 and across the seas into britain. the ufc may have west coast connections, but i doubt it can be connected extensively in canada and britain.

24. Mark Ratners of the ufc primary job is to establish commissions in states and countries where they do not exist. He was the head director for the largest athletic commission in the world. The Las Vegas Athletic Commission. Do you know how commissioners are assigned. I asked one commissioner how he got appointed to be on the commission. He told me he helped out the governors campaign and said that he thought it might be fun to be on this commission. he knew nothing of the sport. Who do you think assigns the commision if you establish it. It would be Mark Ratner.

25. richaaron says:

Whoa man…Wouldn't that suck if kazja was actually right…? I hope I could get all my money back from PPV's…

26. dane drebin says:

oh my god its all comming clear to me now! they signed a huge superstar named crocop for a rediculous salery and then had him beat by two nobodys becaus that makes so much sense! they invest more money in brock lesnar than their former heavyweight champions to have him lose in 69 seconds. oh wait wait! they had serra knockout their superchampion gsp in his first title defense and screwed up the entire welterweight landscape because it made so much business sense! it makes so much sense they have been signing all thses huge pride stars just to have them beaten on purpose to waste all their money! how could i have ben so stupid. I DONT CARE WHO U GET UR INFO FROM MARK RATNER TO WILLIAM SHATNER… THE ENTIRE MMA WORLD IS NOT A FARCE AND IF U HAD PROOF IM PRETTY SURE IT WOULD BE ALL OVER THE NEWS NOT SOME KAZJA JAWA DUDE ON CAGE TODAY

IVE TRIED TO BE NICE BUT SERIOUSLY THIS POST IS STARTING TO PISS ME THE FUCK OFF!!!

27. Thank you dane you read my mind.

28. Dane Drebin, Wow! did you take your meds today. I thought we were not suppose to swear on this page. I guess you can't take it anymore. It is coming out. Relax take your meds this will be my last post. Have a nice day and stay on Dana White and the ufc athletic commissions jock. You sound more like dana white everyday.

I never said the ufc does fake fights. I just said the ufc controls all commissions. Clear all the smoke and take your time and read all the threads slowly. God Loves You.

29. everyone knows that ufc is trying to manipulate the mma world by refusing to do co-promotions or promote their fighters by wearing another brand of clothing, etc. every educated mma fan knows this. what made everyone mad is that you claimed to have proof that the ufc had "predetermined outcomes" on fights, as you mentioned way above in (4). that one statement alone undermines the way the sport is run. you are basically dissing the fighters that train really hard or those that get paid really low in order to entertain us…. by saying that they train hard for nothing because the outcome is already determined. which is bullocks. even boxing doesn't have fixed outcomes now.

30. dane drebin says:

when u think of something smart to say besides did u take ur meds to everyone let me know and show me the proof… everything i said made a lot of sense and u cant explain why in all the situations i stated they would throw away all their money

31. Amazing what you think and what I know, and the files of evidence in my case. I have proof of boxing also:

December 18, 1999 Fantasy springs Casino Indio Ca. Jr. Featherweight fight 10 rounds. Television coverage was channel 34 Univision Network.

Marcos Antonio Barrera vs Ceaser Najera

49-2, 36 KO,s 17-3-1, 7 ko,s

WBO jr. Featherweight Champion Tough Contender

Mexico City, Mexico Mexico City, Mexico

I was asked by my student and friend Jaunito Ibarra who is Rampages manager and boxing coach to please investigate this because he attended this event and thought it was a pillow fight. When I contacted Rob Lynch of the Athletic commission he agreed that it was an exhibition. Well on an exhibition the refree has to step out of the ring. Which he did not. I questioned this. Rob Lynch said that the referee was left in the ring for the safety of the fighter. I next asked why were there judges present. They also have to leave by law. Well Rob replied that they pulled the judges back six rows.

The audience thought the fight was real and especially the fans at home watching the fight on television.

Jaunito gave me the flyer and ticket stub. No where on the flyer or ticket stub did it say that this event was an exhibition. The ticket said: Fantasty Springs Casino presents Barrera vs Nagera "Millennium Mayhem"

$ 50.00 4:30 pm. Sect. D Row 03/ seat 12. If you or I would of bought that ticket we would of thought the fights were real.

Jaunito then asked me to investigate celebrity boxing.

When I contacted Josh Jovnal the head of publicity he told me the fights were real and were going to do a # 3 event. They hired Marty Denkins a Commissioner appointed by Senator Burton to be a Judge.

1. a commissioner can not be a judge and commissioner at the same time.

2. You can not have a judge at an exhibition.

3. Denkins should not of been a commissioner at the time because he was once on the board before and can not serve another term.

On February 19, 2003 I received a response letter to this. Here is what rob lynch said. This was on line 4 of my letter.

The commission's position on Celebrity Boxing was that it was strictly entertainment. It was not boxing because none of the participents would of qualified for a california boxing license.

The same goes for this. The public thought it was real. In the audience and at home.

Dane you say why would they throw away there money. Try and think. If you bet a million dollars on a 20-1 odds you make 20 million. That is not throwing money away. Are you brain dead.

Come on you guys wake up to the facts.

The next time you attend an event walk up to Rampages coach Jaunito Ibarra and ask him about the Fantasy Springs fight and Celebrity boxing. He will give you the same facts. I do not want to keep supplying facts to this anymore there is just to much.

I am not saying that all promoters and fighters do this. I manage some great fighters who would never take a dive no matter what you pay them. Just open your eyes and ears.

From my investigations Marty Denkins was imediately removed and Rob Lynch no longer serves on the commission. To bad they replaced him with the most out of control commissioner I have ever met. Armando Garcia. This guy has to go for the better of this great sport of MMA.

32. dane drebin says:

ok who cares about that place tho who in the ufc do u know that has taken dives?

33. Derek said they don't have fake boxing.That was an answer for him. Get off the fake fights go to another thread.

34. dane drebin says:

im not tryin to dis u or make fun ogf u i just wanna know what fights u know ahve been thrown in the ufc

35. No fights have been thrown regaurdless of what you think Kazja, i do agree however in other orginizations there are thrown flights, but i strongly believe that it doesn't take place in the UFC

36. kazja, first off, what do you do for a living? are you a manager for fighters? if you are, then you are ruining the sport.

37. Kazja your a fuckin weirdo, enojy the sport for what it is. MMA. get over yourself you dont know anymore than the next person. dont overload your self with your own BULLSHIT. dont you enjoy the sport for the sport not there business deals? thought so, must be a fake

38. Kazja as long as your fighters aren't taking the dives or selling out I wouldn't worry too much about any fighters out there who are willing to cheat. Those guys will never be reall Mixed Martial Artists, they are just taking up space. If you have proof put it out there with your sources. Otherwise you are just wasting your time trying to prove to us on this site all of the conspiracy theories and names the for the most part mean nothing to us.

39. derek,

Let me educate you some on the law of wrestling exhibition taxes. On feed 17 you wrote promoters/event organizers usually tag something a wrestling exhibition as a way to expose a loophole to pay the least tax possible. And you use elite exc as an example. Why not the ufc.

First of all the event is taxed the same as boxing or mma which is 5% of the gate. The only great thing is the state does not have to send out a team of inspectors they send out one inspector to collect the tax. Fake wrestling brings in way more money than boxing.

What gets me the most in the book of Athletic commision regulation is on the front cover it says Laws & Regulations Governing Boxing & Martial arts in California. No where on the cover does it say wrestling. Also in the book on page 11 law 18626. States: Enacted 1985. repealed 1989 CH.757 Here is what it says.

18626 was repealed: Wrestling exhibitions means a performance of wrestling skills and techniques by two or more professional wrestlers, to which admission is charged or which is broadcast or televised, in which the participating wrestlers are not required to use their best efforts in order to win, and for which the winner may have been selected before the performance commences.

This law has been repealed and therefore the state athletic commission does not regulate this. How can they tax it if they don't regulate it.

This is extortion. The only reason this commission was kept alive until mma arived was because of wrestling.

When I questioned Armando Garcia on this he said they voluntary give up the tax. Come on I am not going to give up a tax if I don't have to. Celebrity boxing did not get taxed and it was fake. Also martial art ehibitions are not taxed.

Once again it says:

On page 21 Article 10 Wrestling Exhibitions laws 18770-18777 Enacted 1985. Repealed 1989 CH 757

Come on give me a break. If I hold a greco roman or freestyle wrestling event the state can't tax that. They have been extorting money for years from fake wrestling. That is why we have to get rid of them.

Dane Drebin, Brandon this one is for you. I am not going to mention names about a ufc fight but let me give you a scenerio. Your a manager/promoter you already hate the ufc because your fighter is going to make only $10,000 for a title fight on pay per view. Now the odds are 10-1 your fighter is going to win. You have thirty thousand to invest. Well you talk to the fighters they are both broke and would love to own a house sometime. Tell them that if they throw the fight we split 300,000 three ways for a minute fight. They agree and go into the octagon not one punch is thrown one fighter turns his back and is choked out in the first round. They walk away with there prize money, hundred thousand dollars, and whatever else they bet or partnered up with other gamblers.

If the you investigated this, one of the most clear examples of corruption is why would a manger bet against the fighter he manages. I would bet on my fighter not against him.

Keep your eyes and minds open. Watch what is going on. The only way we can protect the sport is not allow gaming. This is why I love to go to underground amateur mma events because the fights are real. Ever wonder why this corrupt government commission has not approved amateur mma. We have amateur boxing, kickboxing, wrestling, karate, and jiu jitsu but not amateur mma.

I got approved for amateur mma in california in 2000 but when the ufc got approved in vegas in 2001 no more amateur or mma allowed in california.

Some of the best fighters in the world fought in my event because it was real. ChucK Liddel, Tito Ortiz, John Lober, Ricco Rodriquez, Rampage, Fabiano Iha, Jake Shields, Karo Parysian, Manuel Gamburyan, and more. I will never do a Athletic Commission event because of all the corruption. This is why I still only do once a month amateur events in torrance california.

Have a nice day!

40. michael, comment # 37

I thought we are suppose to be civilized on our comments. Some people can't handle the truth and they have to voice there anger. Are you bipolar. You need to come out of the ufc cloud. I stopped the california athletic commission from trying to make mma the new wwe. Rob Lynch is gone brcause of me. Now I am finally exposing the truth. Sit back and take it in. There is so much more the mma world needs to know. Aren't you concerned with all the wwe fighters entering the sport and making more money than real fighters. They don't care if they win or lose, it is all entertainment for them. They just want there paycheck.

Have a nice day. God Loves you.

41. Jun Da Silva says:

Kazja speaks the truth guys, I'm in MMA myself and what Kazja says is the honest truth, you guys just can't handle it. When I write my comments its like most of you guys are in the clouds of how the UFC or just MMA in general works, believe me theirs much more that will come out one day. I think most of you's are crossing over from the days of "The Rock" when he was on the WWE, you guys are living a fantasy and idiots like Brock that go into MMA and getting paid more than guys that have been getting their ass beat for real not jumping the turnbuckle onto a wooden table. I guess your waiting for Brocks corner to get the attention from the ref so Brock can take a metal object out of his shorts and poke the guys eye out and most of you are saying "yeah why didn't he do that" this is not fake blood ok, your really getting your ass beat. Brock has to start from the bottom just like everyone else and real fighters can't stand guys like Brock he puts a bad name for the sport he doesn't belong in MMA if he really was geting his ass beat he would have quit already. Dana has never been a fighter only an aerobics instructor, yes he wore a spandex liotard and wanted to be Jane Fonda but now he wants to be Vince McMahon. MMA is for fighters not unemployed clown actors, Mr.Dana and Zuffa don't make a circus out of MMA.

42. Bozwell Clark says:

What an unbelieveable rant. Non stop about fake fights, "worked fights", yadda…yadda…yadda. Kazja, get a life you post the same exact hing on every site that doesnt ban you after a few of your grossly negligent libel accusations about UFC, dana white, zuffa, etc. I am suprised you haven't been sued yet. Your comments are illegal and immature. Of course, you will tell me to chill or take my meds or i cant handle the truth just to turn the tables only to make me out to be the knuckle head here. Why dont you go out and do something with all of this instead of being a jerk about it. If all is true about Armando Garcia, dont you think you would be wacked by now. You must enjoy feeling sorry for yourself because you ahvent done a damn thiong except let people jack your ideas. You havent had the inclination to patent or trademark your stuff so look what happened. Then you want to whine like a little bitch because the neighbor broke you toy, ahhhhhh pooooor baby! get a fucking life deadbeat!