UFC 80 Results and Recap LIVE

UFC 80 Videos

UFC 80 Preview Video
Road to UFC 80: Joe Stevenson
Road to UFC 80: Joe Stevenson II
ESPN Interviews: Joe Stevenson, BJ Penn, Gabriel Gonzaga
BJ Penn’s Hardcore Diet

Comments

1. Grove, Loss WTF

2. Chris Tinney says:

Whoa!!! Rivera's back I guess.

3. Chris Tinney says:

Well, Lambert must have tried to cruise on Gouveia. He handled the first round very well.

4. Lambert got KTFO

Gouveia landed a huge left hook, Lambert went down head first. Early in the second round.

5. Chris Tinney says:

idk why he was being so tentitive. He looked rather dominant in the 1st.

6. Chris Tinney says:

Just what I expected. Davis destroyed Laudin.

7. Davis gets the big KO. He keeps impressing me with every fight.

8. Davis is proving hes one of the best welterweights in the UFC. The ufc should trough him a bone and let him fight a named fighter.

Maybe Diego Sanchez or Matt Hughes

9. Chris Tinney says:

But, do u really think he is ready for sumthing like that? I mean really.

10. These British guys look like twins, I cant tell them apart.

Paul Kelly, Paul Taylor

Same size

Same color

Same receding hair line

Same First Name

11. Chris Tinney says:

I think we'll see an upset for the title.

12. Ok diego and hughes might be a big step from the chumps hes been fighting.

How about Luke Cummo or Josh Burkman after he loses to Swick

13. by upset to you mean Stvenson beats Penn?

14. Chris Tinney says:

Yeah. You wouldn't call that an upset?

15. Stevenson is under rated in this fight. I think it is all up to Penn and his preparation for this fight.

Stevenson is probably the strongest fighter Penn has faced.

16. Chris Tinney says:

Davis vs. Parisyan sounds good.

17. Chris Tinney says:

You think so? Penn fought Hughes and St. Pierre.

18. mayb I like stevenson but Penn has defeted all types of fighters.

Can you relly see stevenson take Penn down? no chance.

19. Chris Tinney says:

Actually yeah. Stevenson is prolly the strongest fighter in the Lightweight division other than Sherk. I see it going down and staying down as long as Stevenson wants.

20. Chris Tinney says:

Looks like Gonzaga has been overrated for a while.

21. Gonzaga gased, looked like shit in the second.

22. He looked like the slow, tired, lackluster Gonzaga. The way he was before the Cro Cop fight.

23. Gonzaga lossed……….sucks,

I lost money on Gonzaga and Grove

Penn better win

24. Chris Tinney says:

For me it was the fact that Werdum looked worse and Gonzaga off his back is one on the worst I've seen. He just lays there and covers up. If he could get up in those situations, He may have been the champion.

25. Chris Tinney says:

But, I gotta say, he may be taking Cro Cops spot with those kicks as the most feared striker in the division.

26. Penn is dominating the fight on the grould. Penn looks good.

27. dane drebin says:

fuck that gonzaga isnt the most feared striker… how many people has he knocked out? hmmmmm…. i rest my case

28. blood sport, sick

29. Stevenson better finish this fight, they will stop this fight with that cut.

30. Chris Tinney says:

Alright dane, then who the fuck is?

31. Chris Tinney says:

Stupid ass most of Liddell's knockouts where TKO. How many of those does Gonzaga have? hmmmmm?

32. Chris Tinney says:

ok. So I was wrong. This fight reminded me ALOT of Gonzaga/Couture. Once the cut came, everyone know who was gonna win.

33. @Chris

BJ out classed Stevenson, the cut helped finish the fight sooner.

34. Chris Tinney says:

Yeah. I didn't mean to imply that those fights were dicided by the cuts. The cut on Stevenson just reminded me of it. Personally, I thought they were gonna stop the fight aftert the 1st. Its ok though. Sherk is gonna whoop Penn's ass neways.

35. dane drebin says:

arlovsk, tim sylvia, mirko cro cop has knocked out a lot more people than him, i would say fedor is a better striker…. mark hunt…. i dunno there are a lot of better strikers than gonzaga he's a 1 hit wonder so far in my book… im sure he will ahve a good career but i think he is highly overated

36. dane drebin says:

oh i forgot brandon vera

37. dane drebin says:

and big nog… most of gonzagas wins are by submission

38. dredlokrasta says:

I loved all the knockouts so much, I'm watching it again!!

39. Chris Tinney says:

Dane, your not taking into account what Gonzaga did before coming to the UFC. He had 3 wins by tko and 1 by submission. And then of course, he had the loss to Werdum.

40. dane drebin says:

im not taking anything away from gonzaga i think he's a really good fighter but to be honest i think hes still a little green and ya he beat cro cop but other than that he hasnt done much in this sport yet. he's not even in double digits in the win column yet i like him a lot and i think he could be champ one day but he has a long way to go before hes considered the best striker in the heavyweight division… thats jsut my oppinion tho and i respect ur oppinion

41. scot, if ur reading this…u know what to do

42. damn kendall lost again fuck..i thought gonzage would have won

43. I haven't seen results Brandon…tell me something good.

44. my man took the fight scot, now u gotta live up to ur end of the bet

45. This post goes out to Brandon, Roy and Joe : I am stepping up like I said I would to the three of you, for all that post on here to see. I was wrong about the Penn / Stevenson fight. My guy, Stevenson lost the fight to Penn because Penn must be a better fighter like Brandon, Roy and Joe told me. I stuck by my guy all the same, and for that, holding true to our bet this will be my last post for 1 week. I will be reading other post through the week and will be ready to go by next Friday. I have enjoyed going back and forth with the three of you, and look forward to more of it in the future. Until Friday….Peace.

46. This post goes out to Brandon, Roy and Joe : I am stepping up like I said I would to the three of you, for all that post on here to see. I was wrong about the Penn / Stevenson fight. My guy, Stevenson lost the fight to Penn because Penn must be a better fighter like Brandon, Roy and Joe told me. I stuck by my guy all the same, and for that, holding true to our bet this will be my last post for 1 week. I will be reading other post through the week and will be ready to go by next Friday. I have enjoyed going back and forth with the three of you, and look forward to more of it in the future. Until Friday….

47. sweet…respect scot lol, see u in a week

48. Thank you Scot….See you in a week.

49. hahha that shit is funny

50. I'm glad BJ called out Sherk at the end. After seeing this fight I think BJ will be ready to step up against a stronger opponent. Stevenson was no slouch and is a top class wrestler, still BJ was able to control the ground. BJ is the man and I hope he destroys sherk and holds the choke like he did with Pulver.