UFC 128 Mauricio Shogun Rua vs Rashad Evens Fight Poster

Comments

1. ironcjb82 says:

Damn, Seeing Faber fight used to be free now he is a co- main event. Not a fan of that at all.

2. Rashad to win via shogun gas-out

3. ironcjb82 says:

Shogun via TKO – punch to Rashads dome. I hope rashad wins though.

4. P4P #1 Fan says:

hosan – you cant judge him by his first 2 fights in the UFC because he was coming off a long lay off and his knee injury. He is an MMA veteran that when healthy is a great fighter with no cardio issues. he did not gas out against Machida in their fight that went 5 rounds so he is back. I predict he will KO evans.

5. I wouldn't go so far as to say you can't judge him by his first 2 in the ufc, because this is a very similar situation. He's gone through a long lay off due to a knee injury. When he fought machida he fought earlier that year, and he was injury free (as far as we know).

Shogun's win over Machida happened May 8, 2010. The Rashad fight will happen March 19. that's nearly a full year coming off of knee surgery.

Rashad has looked like he's taken to his wrestling roots a little bit more, and he's had another fight more recently, and he is injury free (as far as we know).

I think all of that is valid to somewhat predict the fight. It's 2 least good info to consider if you're making a bet.

6. *@ least

7. MMA maniac says:

Hosan rashads last fight was also May 2010 against a out of focus rampage. Rashad has no strking on shogun at all. Shogun is also a better grappler than Rashad. Agreed rashad trains very hard and is a great athlete and high level wrestler. But Shogun has the edge on him in all aspects of MMA

8. I think shogun would definitely win this fight if I didn't have suspicions of his cardio. I can't get behind a guy that's had this exact thing prevent him from performing properly when he joined the UFC.

I agree that in almost all areas Shogun has more skills than Rashad, obv. better jiu jitsu, and I believe that Muay Thai is the highest level of striking.

That said, Rashad does have great hands with great speed. On top of that I think Rashad has stronger wrestling/takedowns than Shogun.

All-in-All if I felt like Shogun was 100% (as far as fighters go) He would have an edge over Rashad on the ground and standing. I just don't think he will be up to snuff.

9. Rich in NJ says:

Either way, I'm expecting a great fight on a great card. Both fighters should come in focused and I think their styles match up very well. Love seeing Faber fight, so the co-main event should be exciting also. Edson Barboza is an up and coming guy at 155. Glad I got tix last night!

10. Turnbuckle says:

Who is Wineland? We used to see Faber fight Brown and other tough fights for free and now we have to pay to see him fight Wineland? Really?

11. quiet you people, its different now coz its gonna be The BONE vs. SHOGUN. Who's your bet huh????