UFC 126 Results LIVE

UFC 126 “Silva vs. Belfort” — Saturday February 5th from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Anderson Silva puts his belt on the line against fellow Brazilian Vitor Belfort. Jon Bones Jones and Ryan Bader face off for a top position in the UFC light heavyweight division.

UFC 126 Schedule:
Live Prelims Saturday at 8:25 EST (Johnson vs. “Kid” Yamamoto) [Facebook]
Live SpikeTV Last Two Prelims 9pm EST [SpikeTV]
Live PPV at 8pm EST [PPV]

MAIN CARD

PRELIMINARY CARD

Event Notes

• UFC 126 “Silva vs Belfort” is SOLD OUT
  • This is Anderson Silva’s eighth consecutive title defense.
  • Fight of the Night: Donald Cerrone & Paul Taylor [$75,000]
  • Submission of the Night: Jon Jones [$75,000]
  • Knockout of the Night: Anderson Silva [$75,000]
  • It was announced following the Jones victory, Rashad Evans blew out his knee and is forced to withdraw from his title fight against Shogun Rua. Jon Bones Jones will replace him and face Shogun for the title at UFC 128 in New Jersey.
  • Anderson Silva retains his UFC middleweight belt.

Comments

1. Anderson

Jones

Griffin

Ellenberger

Banuelos

Cerrone

Mendes

Kid

Taylor

Romero

Pierce

2. Vitor, Bader, Forrest

3. I think the exact opposite of Cage, except Ellenberger

4. WOW Jones vs Shogun for the UFC light heavyweight title.

5. Rich in NJ says:

Wow…so glad I got tix for Newark right now. would have loved to see Suga, but Shogun/JBJ can be epic

6. Rich in NJ says:

Can Jones turn it around for a title fight in 5 weeks or are they gonna push that one back? I would think he would want some rest and a full camp for this one.

7. Aldo Raine says:

Jones vs Shogun is an amazing fight in my opinion. Its one of those fights where I don't know how its going to turn out. Shogun is probably the more well rounded fighter, however Jones is very talented and very unorthodox. Either way Jones is going to learn a lot from the fight win or lose and he will be the future of the 205 division in my opinion.

8. MMA maniac says:

hey choke Vitor right. Who else was on Vitor's nuts

9. And that's what happens when you give a guy who only has one fight in the UFC (and a catch-weight bout at that) in the last five years a title shot…

10. other derek says:

You shouldn't bag on another guys picks if you didn't gave the balls to make your own predictions known.

11. Vitor should have brought it right from the start. You can't give Silva time to measure you up. A big mistake, and a HELL of an amazing kick! I hate Silva but he is incredible! Way to go JBJ, manhandled an undefeated Bader with ease! Should have bet a million on the Forrest/Franklin fight – saw that boring decision a mile away.

12. MMA maniac says:

shoulda coulda woulda, vitor had his chance and silva was so prepared for his fight. And you guys know all the questions have been anawered Silva is not aging, his reflexes are not slow and he still has it

13. I enjoyed the fights. The torres fight was very disappointing, however. I had all sorts of hope for an awesome, fast-paced fight on that one. It just bored the hell outta me.

Jones put on another excellent performance, and showed some of his superior ground-game, against another guy where the ground was supposed to be his strong suit. Bader has a strange way of trying to takedown from way far outside, and I don't think it's good for him.

I'm still surprised that a)jones is getting a title shot w/o taking on one of the top 4 (then you have to exclude Rashad as a teammate on top of an injury) and b) Taking a TITLE shot on such short notice. Although, he was kind of on the spot, he seems to want it bad enough, and i don't think he really sustained any damage in that fight.

The Griffin vs Franklin fight I thought was a good evenly matched fight, but Forrest really put it to Rich in those first 2. Rich came back a bit in the third, but I still felt forrest won all three rounds.

Prelims:Cerrone looked a bit out of it in that first round. He wasn't really comboing off at all, and just landing a few single strikes here and there. Even in the second round he didn't look THAT great. Well…as great as any of us knows he can be. I woulda thought he would walk through kelly.

Mendes did what Mendes does and beat up Omigawa. Alpha male guys are always somewhere at the top of the lighter ranks.

So….When GSP beats Jake Shields are we finally gonna see GSP vs Silva? Or do we really have to watch silva destroy Yushin Okami? I mean sure, ANYTHING can happen, but who see's okami winning that fight?

14. ironcjb82 says:

Glad Baders wrestling got exposed. So fucking over rated. Belfort should have had atleast one fight @ 185lb to get a title shot. A rich franklin catch weight fight does not justify it.