UFC 113 “Machida vs Shogun 2″ Extended Preview Video

Not “some” people thought Shogun won the first fight Joe, all sane people know Shogun won the first fight. Disclaimer: Cecil Peoples and other untrained or partially blind commission judges excluded from previous statement.

UFC 113 Main Card

Lyoto Machida vs Mauricio “Shogun” Rua
Paul Daley vs. Josh Koscheck
Jeremy Stephens vs. Sam Stout
Alan Belcher vs. Patrick Cote
Kimbo Slice Ferguson vs. Matt Mitrione

Comments

1. big gibby says:

i am gonna go to this in montreal. i went last year and it really is true, it was probably the best thing i ever saw live. i am pullin fer shogun but you just cant count the dragon out. by the time these warriors step into the ring i will probably have a pretty good buzz going.

2. CobraClutch says:

Machida won the first fight. If anything, it was almost even. Oh, and more inaccuracies in reporting (you guys should just stick to the facts and leave the opinions to the postings here)…Rogan didn't say "some" Cage, he said "most." Don't call a guy out if he's making your point for you. But I believe, and will ALWAYS believe that in close championship fights you have to significantly beat the champ to become the champ. And Shogun did not significantly beat Machida. I had it just like Dana White had it 3-2 Machida…but we'll do it all again in a couple weeks, starting at Round 6. hahaha.

Machida

Daley

Stephens

Belcher

Mitrione

3. I had the fight 48-47 in favour of Shogun, but it was closer than most people say in my opinion.

I dont agree with the "significantly beating a champion", if the judges feel a fighter won a round they should not be taking any other factors in to acount. The fact that he is the champion holds no relevance to who won or lost a round, you cant score fights on who is the most popular with the crowd, or who you like as a person the most, so why score it in favour of someone just because they hold a belt?

Machida

Daley

Stephens

Belcher

Really couldn't give a sh*t

4. CobraClutch says:

You make good points, Luke! :)

5. big gibby says:

shogun won that fight for sure. i also thought penn won that fight in abu dhabi. shogun took the dragons legs out but apparently the judges werent counting kicks.

6. ChineseNuts says:

gibs — It seems they really do ignore leg kicks more times then others. It really makes you wonder what fight the judges do watch at times….

CC — I gotta go with Luke on this one. Holding the belt shouldn't matter at all. If anything that would create a very unnecassary (sp?) advantage for any champion. You shouldn't have to dominate a champion to be the champion if it goes to decision, you should just have to clearly win 3 out of 5 rounds.

I really wouldn't mind seeing championship bouts go to 7 rounds instead of 5. If anything I think it would cause the fighters to work a little harder and better train their conditioning/cardio for those final 2 rounds instead of showing up looking out of shape (looking at you BJ). Hell it could have made a huge difference in the Silva/Maia fight as Silva was starting to look tired from all his damn dancing in the final 2 rounds.

Well that's my stupid thoughts for today!

//RANT OFF

7. I also thought Shogun took that first fight (though to be fair I didn't score it round by round). I just wish judges would actually score an even or 10-8 round once in a while. The way it is now, one fighter can win a toss up round, get the living crap beat out of him the next round, and still be tied on the judge's cards. This might lead to more draws but I actually prefer seeing a fight scored a draw if that's what it merits. I also think judges often disregard leg kicks. I know I didn't think much of them until I was actually kicked in the leg by someone who knew what they were doing. My solution: make getting kicked in the leg by Thiago Alves (or someone equally competent) part of every judge's certification process.

8. well said fancy b well said!

9. Kos and Daley will steal the show

10. ChineseNuts says:

Machida

Kos

Stephens

Belcher

Kimbo

Honestly I could care less who wins the championship fight (I like both fighters too much). Also really couldn't care less who wins in the Kimbo/Meathead fight since it will be irrelevent anyways….