UFC 112 Results LIVE

UFC 112 “Invincible” live April 10th from Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi. Two title will be on the line, Anderson Silva will try to defend his middleweight title against BJJ master Demian Maia. Also BJ Penn will defend his lightweight title against Frankie Edgar.

Cagetoday.com will have live results starting at 11am EST.

PPV times are 1pm EST for the live show or catch the PPV replay at the regular time of 10pm EST.

**Spoilers** after the jump.

MAIN CARD

PRELIMINARY CARD

Event Notes

• Paul Taylor vs. John Gunderson has been canceled after Taylor was not medically cleared to fight. Taylor’s trainer Shawn Tompkins announced on his facebook page, that complications with the fighters weight cut left him “not medically cleared” to fight
  • Frankie “The Answer” Edgar takes away BJ Penn’s belt to become the new UFC lightweight champion.

• Rafael dos Anjos earns “Submission of the Night”, receiving $75,000 bonus for his Armbar submission of Terry Etim.
  • Mark Munos and Kendall Grove earn $75,000 each for “Fight of the Night”.
  • DaMarques Johnson earned $75,000 for “Ko of the Night”
  • 11,008 filled the arena for a live gate of $3.5 million.
  • UFC 112 videos HERE

Comments

1. Silva, Penn, Hughes, Etim, Grove, Davis, Osipczak, Johnson, Veach and Al Turk

2. Holy shit BJ loses title!!!

3. Wow indeed.

This is huge, as Penn was considered unstoppable for his weight class!

And good for "Old Man" Hughes, he continues to dominate the Gracie family.

I wish I could afford this payperview, ah well.

4. Wow, BJ's first Lightweight loss since 2002 to Pulver. This is exactly what the LW division needed, a shot in the arm. Good for Edgar from Jungle Land.

5. CobraClutch says:

This is either a huge upset, or it's another Machida/Shogun or Jackson/Forrest issue. I can't wait to see the fight tonight.

But I did wake up in time to see the "running man" being performed by Silva for the last half of that fight. For all you GSP haters that love Anderson Silva, I don't wanna SHIT from you guys any more about GSP's fighting style. This was absolutely and unequivocally a bitch-ass way to win the fight, and I have hereby lost all respect for Silva. At least GSP engages, and tries to finish, he just does it where his opponents can't defend against it.

6. Oswald Gobblecock says:

True Anderson and GSP have both had their boring fights but Silva has still finished people in a more impressive fashion. We knew this could be another Thales type of fight. The Vitor fight would have been awesome. Also, it's ridiculous for Silva to cut to 170 when he fights at 205 and seemed to get tired at 185. GSP walks around a lil heavier than 185 so he looks like a bitch there.

Can't believe BJ lost at LW but Frankie was on fire. Very impressive.

7. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Also, alot of Silva haters went back to him once he destroyed Forrest like nobody else had ever done and this will be no different the next time he has an amazing performance. It's been years since I've been impressed by GSP.

8. I wonder if Silva will lose any sleep over your loss of respect for his bout.

Winning a match by decision is one way to win. They both fought well, but one fought better.

It was a good card.

9. PoppyNick says:

Hey Corbra, when was the last time GSP engaged someone standing?

10. CobraClutch says:

I'm not the only one, Trevor. You definitely don't want to take Anderson's side on this one. There are many more pissed off people than those like you that think this was a good ending and a good way to win. But live on your island, it's all good. :)

11. PoppyNick says:

Gobble Gobble….I fully agree with every thing you posted. Well said.

12. CobraClutch says:

Poppy, this is MMA, not boxing!!! If you guys only think striking is "fighting" then stop watching MMA fights. Seriously. GSP's opponents should learn how to stop the take-down and learn how to get up if they don't. It's not GSP's fault that he takes the fights where he is strong to his opponents' weaknesses. No one will ever accuse GSP of not engaging or running away. You can't possibly be anti-GSP and support Silva's last two rounds of this fight. Well, you can, but you'd be a hypocrite. Sure, the beginnings was great, but that was a bitch ass way to finish, and Sherdog, Dana, and many others are pissed off about it. Silva got threatened with a point reduction because he was running around so much. Put the Kool-Aid down, people…it's going to be alright.

13. PoppyNick says:

Well looks like Hughes gets to stick his chest out a little more now that he has beat a 2nd Gracie in their 40's past their prime. Way to go Matt, I'm so impressed.

14. PoppyNick says:

Yo Cobra, I didn't say anything about not like some ground work. Matter of fact the ground game is the reason I like MMA. What I'm trying to say is Silva and GSP do the same thing only opposite. If you don't like Silva dancing around and avoiding punishment then figure out how to get him down and keep him down. Just like GSP, figure out a way to get up. I agree fully with Gobble, Anderson has been more impressive both on the feet finishing fights and on the ground finishing fights.

15. CobraClutch says:

Poppy, I just heard that Matt has challenged Helio next. hahaha.

16. CobraClutch says:

You're right about that, Poppy. Silva has been more exciting in finishing fights. I won't argue with that. And you're right that it's the same thing, but that's my point. I'm tired of hearing GSP bashers, and those same bashers support this display of running. That's all. It's the same thing, so either hate both or respect both. That's right.

17. PoppyNick says:

Anther thing Cobra…..you talk about drinking the Kool-Aid. You originally started this debate with your GSP nut huggin and Silva bashing. Throwing rocks at a glass house kid.

18. PoppyNick says:

I'm a fan of Silva and not GSP but I don't complain about the way he fights. I think we are trying to make the same point. Don't bitch about one way and not the other.

19. PoppyNick says:

Hughes would take that fight to Cobra……just to say he beat another Gracie. He needs to go back home and milk a cow….unless he is going to step back up and fight the better competition.

20. CobraClutch says:

Not really, Poppy. You took it the wrong way, but maybe you can re-read the postings…all of them. But, yeah, I am a GSP fan, so what? You're hugging Silva's nuts. Whatever. LOL. Just because someone is a fan doesn't call for insults. You like who you like. Grow up a little bit, because you're on someone's nuts too, as you put it, or as I put it….you're a fan of someone and have your favorite fighters. Leave the high school b.s. in high school, dude. No need to go there. It doesn't look good on ya, man.

21. gashpounder says:

everyone who knocks gsp for his protective fighting ways can look at silva and tell me which one is worse

who is more boring

i will never pay to watch silva fight again

22. CobraClutch, PoppyNick, Oswald Gobblecock, and gashpounder ARE ALL THE SAME POSTER

23. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Really guy? That's pathetic.

24. I thought that the bj — edgar fight was close. But left in the hands of the judges anything can happen (machida/shogun 1). I'm anxious to see how bj is effected by this. He just didn't look real hungry to attack tonight.

And I love the spider but the last 3 rounds were shitty. He will lose fans and the chance to headline ppvs if he keeps this crap up. He could have finished this fight in the first.

25. CobraClutch says:

I guarantee I'm not arguing with myself. Hahaha. I have always had the same thought-lines throughout. I assure you, I'm not Poppy, Cock, or anyone other than me. hahaha.

26. Dana better stick his foot up Anderson and his puppet managers a$$.

27. I want Shogun/Machida/Belfort for Anderson. I’d love GSP but i think his size hinders him from doing much. Anderson’s strength is his length. And fighting GSP, who is a much smaller guy than most he has fought, MIGHT be easy for him. I hope any of the three fighters i mentioned would knock him the fuck out Henderson to Bisping style. I know that’s close to impossible but I can dream hahaha

*Props to heart of Maia. I bet at the end he wasn't scared anymore just because he wanted to try to knock the douche out. hahaa

28. seriously bad fight for silva. The fact that he wasn't engaged whatsoever in the end is god awful. if you're gonna be "elusive" be machida and throw in some counter attack, don't be the fucking runnin bitch for 10 goddamned minutes and waste everyones time. I didn't blame silva for leites or cote. Cote got hurt and leites was the bitch who wouldn't engage. This is different. Showboating 2 1/2 rounds and not attacking whatsoever for the rest is ridiculous. I don't care if anderson silva loses sleep over this. He's in a main fuckin event, he needs to at least try. He could have finished the fight and he fuckin knows it. Dana white needs to pull some serious discipline on this one.

29. ps i'm a huge silva fan, and that's why i'm so pissed

30. Much respect to Edgar, the Jersey kid definitely came out to fight and never stopped moving. However, I only gave him rounds 2 and 5 based only on the takedowns. To me it was clearly BJ's fight, definitely seemed like a Shogun/Machida type of judging. Penn was definitely out-boxing Edgar and stuffed more takedowns than were successful. Still, he did seem to lack the hunger and left it in the judges' hands. Here's to "The Answer" and many good fights to come.

I don't even want to get into how much Silva disrespected anyone and everyone who loves this sport. Way to throw class right out the window…

31. CobraClutch says:

I agree with Deuces. I think Edgar fought a great fight. I feel, however, that if this wasn't a title fight then Edgar would have won. But it would have been a close decision. I think since this was a title fight, however, that BJ should have retained the belt. I think all close fights and ties go to the champion, and you have to BEAT the champ to become the champ, in my opinion.

32. watching the fight i thought edgar won the striking battle but i looked at the compustrike numbers and penn won that pretty decisively. i think bj should have retained the belt even though edgar was more active. all of that movement draws your attention i guess.

33. I could've lived with a close split decision. Even though I thought Penn clearly won 48-47, I want to know what the one judge who scored it 50-45 for Edgar was smoking that night.

I also wonder if the knee sleeve Penn was wearing had something to do with his hesitation to take the fight to the ground, and as to how he was taken down in the first place.