UFC 112: Anderson Silva Claims Antics Were Due To Demian Maia’s “Disrespect”

UFC middleweight champion is claiming that he was disrespected by Demian Maia pre-fight comments, so he had to be punished. Silva has some soft skin if quiet soft spoken Demian Maia is getting to you. Whats he going to do if he faces a true trash talker like Rampage, Mir or Tito.

Its a different story in the other side of the cage, Demian Maia claims that Anderson even “apologized” after the fight,

“I went to fight and he [Anderson Silva] was running around but it’s okay that’s his game and I knew he was going to do that. He was very disrespectful to me but no problem, it’s his way. After the fight he apologized but I don’t think it’s right for him to do this during the fight. He was swearing to me in the middle of the fight, it happens, it’s okay, he’s the best in the world.”

Comments

1. HORSESHIT.

2. man, what a jerkoff…show some respect for the fans, Maia and the sport

3. Now everynbody is on the hate train of AS you fans are really shifty on day youre up this fighters as and praise them.

The other day youre in another fichters as bashing the other yu where in

4. CobraClutch says:

Donio, we're just reacting to what Silva did. I'm a Steelers fan, but Big Ben has been acting like a douchebag. You need to call our your friends and people you admire if they're acting like assholes. Doesn't mean we don't love Silva's skill or think he's not a good fighter anymore. He acted like an ass, and he should be called out for that. If he gets in there, learns his lesson, and doesn't be a douchebag anymore, then the love will return and so will the praise. If he keeps doing this, then we'll keep calling him out. What's fair is fair and you reap what you sow.

5. Put a better fighter in there. Stop matching him with grapplers. BTW didn't he knock out his last opponent, Forest Griffin. Stop being so fickle people. Set up a better match.

6. Personally I thought it was funny. I LMAO for all 5 rounds.

7. I'm amazed that anyone who actually watched the fight could be defending Silva right now. Not only did he make the fight incredibly boring, but he disrespected Maia, the sport, and all of us watching. I think somewhere after the second Franklin fight Silva's head got too big for his shoulders; and now he thinks the best way to demonstrate his superiority is to disrespect his opponent and dance around like an ass.

8. Come on people!!!! That shit was funny.

9. Tommy if you laughed your ass off for all five rounds its because you downloaded the fight for free or went to a bar.

No one who paid for that shit thought it was funny, not the big shots who paid a thousand bucks a ticket or the little guys who paid 50 bucks to watch it at home.

I will never EVER pay for another PPV with Silva on the Main card, I don't care if they send him to be executed and he's facing someone like Rampage

10. anderson is complete goat shit. and i don't mean greatest of all time. i feel like he's gotten bored with his fighting career that he just toying with fighters. people can't challenge him, and in a way, combined with anderson intentionally not finishing fights, he just showboats now. frankly, i don't think GSP can put on a good fight with anderson. fedor would give anderson a good run for his money. so would mousasi. of course, neither are in the UFC. anderson should move up to HW if he wants to have a real challenge. those big guys, especially those strikers and wrestlers, will give anderson incentive on not to toy around. maia didn't do anything to disrespect silva. he was just trying to sell the fight. plus, maia is a pretty damn quiet person. so proves my point that anderson is horse shit.

11. CobraClutch says:

I love how after every PPV there's someone saying they'll never pay for another one.

Fancy B…I've been saying this all week, and no one's listening…Silva's been doing this from the beginning of his career. It's just who he is. Yes, the other night was far above and beyond the worst example of his antics but just check out that first fight. He starts off with a stare-down kiss, then starts flopping around in Round 2.

Watch this video at the 5:00 mark…he's always been doing this.

12. Silvia should of finished maia all that showboating and NO finish bad for the sport and paying fans, I've have spoken, and bj still lost.

13. Fedor is the best without the showboating.

14. PoppyNick says:

I'm a Silva fan and I agree his antics need to stop. He does this though when he is not challenged. Not saying it is right by any means but that is what he does. Cote, Lietes, now Maia…..all fighters who really didn't deserve shots and I think that is how Silva treated those fights. He needs to be challenged at 185 or move to 205 and stay there. As a huge fan of Silva I'll continue to support him as a fighter but I don't want to see another fight like that either.

15. PoppyNick says:

Fedor is the best HW outside the UFC. At one time I might have agreed with that comment but I can't now with the caliber of competition he has faced of late.

16. This is an easy problem to solve. Just start deducting points for evasion. Have Silva (or anybody else) lose a point or two and he would stop screwing around.

Another way to increase fight quality would be to create a finishing bonus to every fight, whether you win or lose. That way there would be incentive, even if you're behind on the cards, to not hide and wait for the judges. Say you take the regular fight purse and split it 50/50. Then for a loser (or winner) to get paid his full purse he has to finish. The win bonus would then be double the sum of the purse + finish bonus. That way everybody, including the guy who is behind on the cards, has an incentive to finish strong.

17. CobraClutch says:

Points are already deducted for evasion. It's a violation of the rules, and Silva was actually warned (but too late) with less then a minute left in the 5th.

18. ChineseNuts says:

Silva should have been warned way earlier in the fight…. I thought it was even bad that Dan was laughing at times throughout the fight, even when Silva went to "hide" behind him.

All in all, it was a horrible fight for the fans. Yes, some will think it was funny and great still, but the majority of us are really upset with it. We all pay good money to sit and watch a fight and when somthing like this happens it's not good for the sport. Who knows for sure what the overall outcome will be and how many PPV buys they might lose on silva's next main event, but if I wanted to watch dancing, I'll stick to ABDC or Dancing with the Stars!

19. ChineseNuts says:

Also, why not implement Pride's card system?

20. silva was tryin to entertain himself

the onlt thing that maia did was the punches in the 5th

he had no chance .

dana is pissed…

but he and joe silva made the fight happen .

give AS where there is a possibillity that he can lose the fight .

i didnt like the fight but its not anderson's fault .

i agree he could ko maia.

21. I'm with ya Tommy! haha, even though i was fuckin pissed about it, at the same time it's always pretty funny to watch one of the best fighters in the world made to look like an amateur and see silva's wild antics. (I didn't pay for the PPV, it was at a friend's house) and it gave me a break to go grab another beer.

They should've just started taking points away during the fight though, and he should've gotten a final warning when he hid behind the ref like that, that if he kept it up it would be handed to maia. Using the ref as a shield is as illegal as it gets, if you smack the ref on purpose then your done, the same should probably apply for using him as a shield. I wish big jon was still reffing fights.

22. ChineseNuts says:

Fabio —

How in the hell can you say it wasn't Silva's fault? He's the one who chose to dance around and hide behind the ref. He could have finished the fight whenever he wanted to. If wanted to give us an entertaining fight, that's cool, but he didn't. He instead gave us one of the most boring and frustrating fights in the history of the UFC. I'm not saying it was the only one, or the worst offender (Quarry v. Starnes), but one of the worst.

I am not entirely pissed at Silva, I'll give him credit where credit is due, but if you know you are the most dominating fighter on the planet not named Fedor, then act like it. Stop making excuses (not just Silva, but even his nuthugging fans) and face the fact that he just flat out is a dissapointing, albeit dominate, fighter that just needs to finish his fights when he knows he can.

23. ChineseNuts says:

Just to add:

I'll admit, the only point when I will agree with Silva's in ring/cage antics is when he was actually trying to get Maia to be more aggressive.

24. that fight was funny as hell what AS did to maia is fucked up maia got a 180 day's suspension .

And AS silva only smacket him the first 3 rounds hahaha maia should b happy he's stil alive if silva kept smacking him like that he would be brain dead.

And as a challenger maia dident do sh*t that was a sad night for him haha