UFC 106: Tito Ortiz vs Forrest Griffin

tito vs forrest ufc59

Its set, Tito Ortiz announced on his Titter account that he will be fighting Forrest Griffin at UFC 106 on Nov. 21 in Las Vegas. Tito was to take on UFC Hall of Famer Mark “The Hammer” Coleman on Nov. 21, but Coleman was forced off the card after suffering a knee injury.

So the match has been set!!!! Forrest vs Ortiz 2 live Nov 21st Las Vegas PPV. Let the Punishment begin!!!

The two previously fought at UFC 59 “Reality Check”, Ortiz came out the victor with a split decision.

For the latest on UFC 106, check out our UFC Rumors section.

Comments

1. dane drebin says:

im hoping tito can win impressively im getting tired of griffin crying and pouting everytime he loses

2. Tito has been out a long time I dont know how healthy he is right now. Forrest on the other hand has been injury free with the exception if Anderson really broke his jaw or not. But I see Tito having ring rust and Forrest taking the decision

3. i'm hoping forrest can win impressively. i'm getting tired of tito being a little bitch and an asshole hahaha. ;)

4. dane drebin says:

ur right forrest laying down and balling when jardine beat him and running out of the ring crying against anderson wasnt being a little bitch at all but tito is… and forrest has been kind of an asshole to his fans lately when they ask him why he ran out of the ring he tells them to get get head from ur mom… pretty classless. Atleast tito is always nice to his fans.

5. Tito being an asshole and little bitch??? Does this dude even know who Forrest Griffin is? He is the little bitch. Who else has honestly cried and ran out of the cage after they lose in the ufc? And not just once but twice. He fucking ran out of the cage crying. Give me a break. I hope Tito fucking KO's him and forrest wakes up starts crying runs out the cage again and gets dropped by the ufc. I was cheering for him against Anderson Silva and for him not to even land a fucking punch get ko'd by a jab and everything then run out the cage? I will never cheer for forrest again. And then he was talking shit about the fans who look up to him. Fuck Forrest Griffin. I hope he gets seriously injured by tito.

6. Why is everybody talking about Forrest Griffin crying after fights and not pointing out that after the loss to Couture, Ortiz stood in the middle of the ring blubbing his eyes out, not to mention the same in both losses to Chuck Liddell. Shit i think he was even crying at the press conference after the draw with Rashad Evans.

Im happy to see this rematch, i believed Forrest won rounds 2 and 3 in the 1st fight but Tito's dominance in round 1 and that final takedown (though it was a tad lackluster) in round 3 swayed it for the judges.

Steve – How about you step in with Anderson ( or Jardine for that matter) and see how quick they make you cry!

7. He really only cried after Silva and Jardine. He didn't cry after losing to Rashad and Tito, did he? And I don't know, sometimes people are sensitive about certain things. Sure he is a bitch about the loss to Anderson, but I'm not going to hold that against him. I think Tito has shit on more people in the past, fighters and fans. I think Forrest has gotten better and Tito a little rusty since the last time they fought.

8. i see forrest getting the decision but i hope tito beats him bad forrest griffins a knob

9. Forrest cried not out of pain and not out fear, which they say is allright in Japan.

10. i thhink Tito will win this fight again..but the TKO in the late 3

11. I'd rather see Tito fight Forrest than Coleman anyways. I've always disliked Forrest and Tito for that matter. They're both cry babies after losses. Tito cried and screamed after the losses to Chuck and Randy and Forrest cried & ran out of the octogon after the losses to Jardine and Silva. (They should really give Forrest the nickname "Gump", so we all have something to say when he's running out of the cage crying…"Run Forrest run"…LOL) At least we'll get to see one of them get their a** kicked again and i'm sure we'll see some waterworks from the loser after the fight.

12. i hear they are redoing tha and now the ramp…they are making it two lanes … so TIto and Forrest can run out at the same time

13. King kong. says:

anyone else think this is a bad fight for Tito?

he wins, and everyone will just say Forrest is over his head wasn't in the right place after Silva (and its not)

he loses and well hes loses!

14. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Despite Forrest running out of the ring crying he still deserves the win long before dough bag Tito! He still runs his mouth and in interviews you can tell people try not to laugh when he says he's gonna be champ again. I don't think the problem with all of those fights was his back… it was his lack of being able to adjust and evolve with the sport. He claims he did well against the last 3 champs which he has but they've all improved since they fought Tito and Tito looked the same in every fight. Yeah he caught Michida in a triangle but he got out of it pretty quick but what about Machida putting him in a crucifix and being saved by the bell the 1st round and droppin him with a knee to the stomach. Plus Tito didn't do anything else that whole fight! He got a draw against Rashad but since then Rashad has hands which he didn't have against Tito and he KO'd Liddell which Tito couldn't do twice. Forrest had improved alot since he fought Tito and those judges were bullshit cause one gave Tito all 3 rounds which there's no way Tito won the 2nd round. 3rd round could have went either way.

15. dane drebin says:

its funny how people like to forget that tito won the first fight with a haggered back AND a torn ACL… i think titos gunna ground and pound the shit out of forrest.

16. AFRAIDOR MILLIONERKO says:

As much as I hate Tito's antics …especially in the 2 fights w/ Chuck… AND I believe Forest won their fight….I don't think Tito has grown worse. I feel Forest may be a little too punch drunk now, before the fight. I hope not…but either way, I'll be watching.

17. Titty may not have grown worse, but he hasn't really grown at all. He hasn't fought in years.

I hate tito cuz he's got no class. All the shit talk about chuck, the whiny bs during the machida fight, just his general cocky douchey nature really irks me. At least forrest can laugh at himself later.

I hope forrest shuts ortiz up.

18. Howcome Tito fans are almost always as obnoxious as he is? Lets be realistic. He hasn't had a significant win since 2005. He's past his prime and less evolved than most current fighters.

Tito will yap about how he's 100% and is going to kick Forrest's butt.

Then, when he loses he'll blame his loss on some nagging injury that's been bothering him for quite some time.

He'll also give some crazy bullsh1t theory how when he tied with Evans he really won that fight and since Forrest lost to Evans that somehow means he beat Forrest…

(he said he beat Shogun because Forrest beat shogun and Tito beat Forrest. Hes done it other times too so its obvious he'll do it again.)

and his fans will nod their heads frantically yelling, "UH HUH!" and they'll come to message boards everywhere to parrot him and troll it up.

19. To luke. You said how about I step in the cage against A.Silva and see how fast he makes me cry? Am I a former ufc lhw champ and do i get paid good money to fight in the ufc and did i say i was gonna go in and push anderson and come ut a victor only to get complety imbarassed and run out crying? NO. Tito after he loses thanks the troops usually and thanks his fans for the support and how if it wasnt for his fans he wouldnt be able to do what he does and all that. What does forrest do? He didnt even land a punch and he got knockedout by a fucking 1 footed jab. He was suppose to give anderson a fight. He was scared of Anderson and the fight was over before it began. I lost all respect for forrest who I use to like and I thought he was a down to earth guy. I was way wrong.

20. Seriously watch the fight with anderson again and tell me if forrest thought he had a chance. How do you not land a punch?

21. The guy got outclassed, plain and simple. Your right the fight was over before it started, Griffin even said he was scared ( i thought he was joking but….). All im saying is why focus on Forrest crying and running out of the ring? Why not focus on the fact Anderson Silva just made a former champ look like he didn't know what he was doing. Why would you loose respect for someone who was so disapointed with his performance he didn't want to stay around and watch replay after replay.

Tito on the other hand may thank the troops every time he has lost, but when he wins he's a cocky idiot flipping people off and wearing those stupid t-shirts. I hate that guy, He is irrelevent in the 205lb division. Should have gone to Strikeforce, beat Sobral before ultimately been retired by Gegard Mousasi.

22. Steve: and what does Tito do when he wins? he does that stupid victory celebration with the miming of the guns and the other nonsense then he runs around the arena waving his stupid flag and during the post fight interview he carries on about how no one can beat him… why cant he be classy and thank the troops when he wins?

23. dane drebin says:

tito does thank the troops when he wins or loses. he's arrogant for sure but a lot of people do wierd celebrations afterwards. rashad and anderson dance while their opponents are unconcious, rampage howls, chuck screams into the air, gsp does gymnastics, penn drinks peoples blood lol get over it people win and should be excited that they won. i didnt lose any respect for forrest because he got his ass handed to him even tho it was a pitiful sight to see. im just annoyed at how he went into hiding wouldnt talk to his fans and when he finally did talk to his fans he is being rude to them telling them their moms give good head whenever they ask him about the anderson fight.

24. Luke if you cant even hit a guy after you said you were gonna beat him in a Main Event then you lose some respect from me but when you say after in an interview that you dont want to be looked upto and say fuck you to all the fans that were dissapointed that you put up a fight like that. Thats when I lost my respect for him. Tito has never said fuck you to his fans and yes he does thank the troops win or lose. Shows how much you guys watch him fight I guess.

25. Its not that we dont watch Tito fight, its just been that long i actually forgot about him, Nobody cares about Tito anymore. He kinda dug his own grave with all his shit talking and moaning about Dana White all the time. Now i just see him as 1 of those celebrities, famous for having kids with a famous person, he has no interest in getting a UFC title its all about the money and the red carpets.

And Steve i have to agree with the way Forrest neglected his fans but once again wouldn't it be better to say Anderson Silva went in with a former Light Heavyweight Champion and didn't even get hit! Thats how good that man is.

26. thats right Luke thats all Tito wants is someone to recognize him ……hey look at me im Tito (the huntington beach bitch boy) Ortiz