UFC 106: Tito Ortiz vs Forrest Griffin 2 Promoted To Main Event

ortiz-vs-griffin-1

UFC 106 mix-up, Tito Ortiz vs Forrest Griffin 2 has been promoted to the main event after Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin was rescheduled to UFC 108 on Jan. 2.

A illness caused Brock Lesnar to withdraw from this UFC 106 title defense fight against Shane Carwin. The UFC quickly made the move and pushed back the fight a little over a month to allow Lesnar to get well and get back to training.

Comments

1. they need to do alot more than turn this in the main event.

2. Scooby-Doo says:

THIS ON BETTER BE ON SPIKE FOR FRREEE. I don't care about seeing one of these guys crying or running out the cage if they loose or win.

3. lol SUCKY :S thats not really a main event in my eyes .

How can 2 loser b a main event fight co-main ok but main event is so a no no.

So any word whats gone b the co-main event ?

4. man i feel bad for everybody who bought tickets for this

5. just looked at the card, and wow, seems like it should be free otherwise they need to add a fight or two to make it even worth thinking about buying

6. Random Name says:

They should combine UFC 105 and 106.

7. Damn!! this really sucks. dont tell me you guys are actually gone pay 50 bucks to watch 2 overrated fighters go at it again.

8. THIS CARD IS WORSE THAN 104

9. no way should anyone buy this, they better step it up or just give it for free.

10. UFC 104 was weak as fuck but atleast it had 2 top guys on it. Tito hasnt fought in 1 1/2 years. And forrest got imbarassed worse than I have ever seen anybody get in his last fight. He honestly looked like a fucking faggy ass little bitch. I am so not looking forward to this or a lot of the cards the ufc is putting together. All they are doing is putting on 1 good fight and now they arent even doing that. Putting co main event fights as main events. Get the fuck out of here. FREE ON internet like I said.

11. your right steve, they have enoguh fighters they need to start giving us at least 3 top match ups a card really it should be five. shit pride would have huge cards stacked from top to bottom.

12. Random Name says:

what top three match-ups would you guys prefer to see for UFC 106, then? instead of randomly complaining, offer ideas you would like to see.

I suggest combining best of both 105 & 106 cards and offering only the PPV, since they are both mediocre now.

13. You know what sucks i just checked ticket prices for UFC 106 on StubHub and there going from 185-25000.00, thats not going to happen since this Lesnar fight was moved to UFC 108 what sucks is who has already bought tickets.

No one will by this Card now for 106….hell i am not buying 105 either…or maybe 107.

14. i agree wid TIM I know Im not going to buy this card! Wats up wid Brock He"ll never loose a fight fighting once maybe two times a year. People can talk shit all they want about Fedor but at least he fights more than twice a year

15. Terrible MAIN EVENT cant be serious

16. come on Tito's headline material …………… don't believe me …just ask him ….what a bummer huh ? they might be headline material for showtime …hee hee

17. one dominant win and all you shit talkers will be back on titos nut sack quicker than forrest can run out of the arena

18. Random Name says:

BigJon….or should I say "Dane Drebin" …. NEVER be on Tito's nuts. I don't care even if he saves a bunch of retarded children, kittens and midgets from a burning leukemia ward.

19. random name or should i say… every other retarded ass name uve thought up get me off ur homo mind man ur like obsessed with me u wierdo.

Im actually interested in seeing who wins between forrest and tito i doubt either one will be a champ again but thats what makes it a good fight they are both at about the same level and the first fight was way competitive and fun to watch.

20. Tito dont have a nut sack…. he is the huntington beach bitch boy

21. Random Name says:

Dane, stop crying.

22. Scooby-Doo says:

Here's an idea do like PRIDE used to do GRAND PRIX put 105 & 106 together the winner out of couture & vera fights the winner from tito & forrest (other wieght divisions also like the dream macthes)( you Member tha axe murder vs Cro cop). Id pay 50 buck for something like that. Come on UFC you are the Superbowl of mma (Thats what u say D.White)start thinking like it. What do you mma fans think?

23. Scooby-Doo says:

Remember mma Fans on this Date 10/28/09little ol Scooby -Doo thought of it! I ain'nt going to be paid for that thought! Dam! mit!!! Get a hold of me D. White. LoL.