UFC 105 “Couture vs Vera” Results LIVE

couture-vera

UFC 105 “Couture vs Vera” on Nov. 14th from the M.E.N. Arena in Manchester, England.

Randy “The Natural” Couture drops down to light heavyweight to take on “The Truth” Brandon Vera in the main event. Michael Bisping will try to get back in the win column as he takes on Denis Kang. Also, Mike Swick will take on the UK’s wild Dan Hardy in a welterweight match up that is sure to be a barn burner.

CageToday.com will have live results starting around 1pm EST. Remember the free taped delayed SpikeTV broadcast starts at 8pm EST.

MAIN CARD

PRELIMINARY CARD

Couture vs. Vera Video Here

Comments

1. Couture, Bisping, Swick, Brown and Riley

2. Couture, Kang, Swick, Brown, Pearson

3. CobraClutch says:

Hardy was impressive today. He'll still lose to GSP, but looked real good.

4. Don't know what fight Joe Rogan was watching. I had it the same as the judges, 29-28 Couture.

Hardy impressed,

Etim is amazing. The UFC needs to get him on the main card.

5. i was doubting bisping at the end of round 1 but he pulled it out. hardy looked realli good so did pearson. good all round for the uk

6. Hardy was the suprise of the night. I think he deserves the title shot after tonight. I don't think he's going to win GSP either but it will be good.

7. I agree. Hardy looked great. He's going to be tuff for anyone. He has a lot of confidence.

I'm not sure if Bisping looked better or if Kang has just been overrated. It wouldn't be the first time a pride guy didn't do well in the cage.

8. Man wat the hell was wrong wid Randy hell I figured it to be a draw or Vera to win .I bet Randys ribs arent going to feel good in the mourning. Hope to see a better Randy next time. Randys getting old if they ever bring Fedor to UFC I hope Randy stays away from him for his on sake. He was the best and still is to me but I think after this contract he needs to hang it up.There is no way Randy could defeat Anderson or Vitor if he dose some how he still needs to retire after that.

9. I thought it was a bad match up and Randy would be way too slow for Vera. Randy looked better than I thought and he was stronger than I thought he would be. But it was more of Vera lacking a killer instinct.

10. Hey Hall Fedor was given the most money he's ever been offered to join the UFC and he turned it down remember. Randy doesn't need to stay away from Fedor……Fedor is staying away from the UFC. SUCK IT FEDOR FANS!!!!!!!

11. Aldo Raine says:

I dont think that Hardy stands a chance against GSP. Honestly I think it will be one of GSP's easiest fights. Not that Hardy is that bad but GSP is that good. He's in Andersons silva's shoes now where he had kind of cleared out the division and needs to look for easy fights or people he's already fought. Also Hall I got to disagree with you on Randy not being able to defeat Vitor. I think (like he did before beside the eye incident) he would destroy Vitor. I dont see why everyone thinks Vitor is a god all the sudden. He did good against Franklin which Franklins tough but if he fights Silva he is going to look stupid. Vitor is not in Silva's class. Silva is in a class of his own…..GSP may be close to his skill but Silva is above everyone in my opinion at the moment.

12. What fight were the judges watching. I didn't know that leaning was scored so high. Vera had two significantly damaging kicks in two different rounds and a takedown in the third…Randy uhh leaned a lot and did no damage. Even if you gave the first round to Randy and that's debateable, the next two were definitely Vera's. It will be interesting to hear what Dana White says.

13. its called octogan control sy. thats what randy was doing. its not pretty but it was effective. vera had a few flashes but randy controlled pretty much all of rds 1 and 3. as far as dan hardy good luck to him but hes got nothing for gsp. gsp will dominate that fight from start to finish

14. bisping looked great and pulled it out! hard looked realli good and even if he is the top contender gsp will destroy him.i cant see anybody at ww who can stop gsp's takedowns and take him out his comfort zone. Gsp vs silva at 180 or summin just make it happen!

15. TartanTorpedo says:

Hello folks,

Would just like to say i was impressed with Pearson, thought his debut was a very solid one and if he keeps improving through match experience could be a big contender.

Hardy and Bisping also did great although The Counts first round might still have people doubting him but overall a good night for the Brits, seems to be a mini wave of us in the UFC just now.

Have to say i alway want Randy to win but he seemed very one dimensional against Vera, evrytime they were standing in the middle of the ring i was fearing the worst.

16. I thought Vera won 29-28. I gave the 1st round to randy because he controlled vera for that round even if he didnt do any damage. The second round was the closest round in my opinion because again randy controlled quite alot of it but vera did land the more damage and i think damage caused should score more than holding someone. 3rd round randy still held for awhile then vera landed more damage again and even mounted randy. So vera should have won in my eyes.

Hardy looked great and it looked like Swick was scared after the first right he got from Hardy. Like 99% of people i understand that hardy only has a punchers chance against GSP and even that is a slim chance but i think its great for hardy, he's 27 and already getting a title shot against one of the top fighters of this century.

Bisping mhew. had good ground defence in the 1st round and second round he overwhelmed kang but i still think he could have done better on his feet. Great G'n'P but bisping use to be great to watch on his feet hopefully he gets back to smashing people while standing.

Matt brown, Ross pearson, Andre Winner (PHOW what a striker) and Terry Etim all impressed me too. Matt Brown v Wilks was a good match up.

17. Hey WKRV I am glad Fedor did not sign with UFC because there seems to be some kind of pandemic going around the UFC that is only effecting the heavy weights.

I heard that Carwin has the clap, and Velasquez has the Chicken pox. HA HA just kiddin , just seems lately every time someone backs out its a heavyweight fighter. Last night Randy looked like he had something wrong wid him I was hopeing he would crush Vera but it seems that old age caught up wid him .Thank god for the judges that were on his side because it looked like Vera had that one. Randy steped down from the heavyweights just in time so I think he will be safe from the heavyweights virus called 'cold feet' I think Brock has it the worst I pray he will recover and fight before the end of next year.

18. How can you seriously give the third round to Vera. He fell strait into mount at the last second big deal he did no damage. Vera gassed, stayed curled up on the ground catching his breath after the fight while the 46 year old true champion got up an held his hands high.

A few powerful leg strikes doesn't make you a champion. Go watch it again.

19. The fight was close. The ref should have seperated them. If Randy got the takedown the ref would have let hiim lay on Vera for the whole round. But Vera got it and was stood up in about 30 seconds. When nobody does much damage in a fight it can really go either way. Vera with that takedown and mount could have won the 3rd round. I dont think he won the fight but it was boring as fuck and I wasnt watching every second of it so really I cant say vera got robbed or that is was justified. I just know that they were hugging for about 14 minutes and looking at eachother for the other minute. Not my kind of fight I want to see in the main event.

Also how you get up after a fight shouldnt change how the judges score the rounds lol. After the bell the fight is over. I WISH people gave it their all every fight and could barely stand after that bell sounds. I did not enjoy seeing Randy fight with this 1 dimensional stupid wrestling style. Back in america I hope the refs will break up the clinch in a minute if nobody is doing anything but holding. Good job Bisping. You got outstruck but survived the storm got the takedown and opened up a cut and finished it. Impresive. Swick got worked over pretty good. Hardy has some serious power but GSP vs Hardy? Thta is not a good match up for Hardy. Guys go back and watch Hadry vs Marcus Davis. GSP can take him down or outsrike him but I suspect wth ll the power in Hardys hands that GSP will be shooting. Loved to see Matt Brown beat the fuck out of the traitor and pussy ass James Wilks. He needs to get the fuck out of America and go back to the UK. I cant stand people who live in the my Country (USA) and yet support a different country first. Damn it that pisses me the fuck off.

20. Steve welcome to America thats just the way it is I dont like it any more than you do.

21. maybe i didnt watch the same fight but i didnt think hardy was that impressive. if he was he would have finished the fight. Its hard to watch it impartially when Goldberg and Rogan are blowing hardy the whole fight, OH HES HURT, not really, HE GOT DINGED, no he didn't can't any of these fight organizations find one person who has some sort of annoucing prowess to call these fights, almost makes me want to watch it on mute. Couture did what couture does, enough to win, Vera has got to start finishing fights or he may as well retire because hes never going to get a shot going the distance. Andre Winner needs to stop being cocky and keep his hands up, he pulls that shit against somebody good and hes gonna get death punched. Bisping wins. all and all a pretty unimpressive card. I did like the refs making the fighters push the pace a little by breaking them up when they are resting. I know its part of the game but there are guys out there who just lay on each other to rest.

22. i thought randy lost, octogan control? i would say brandon had that he controlled where the fight took place randy went for the take downs and could not get them so vera contolled where the fight went and did more damage. the other fights where pretty good though hardy will get killed by gsp and how do people get title shots with out going through alves fitch or josh? he beat some middle of the pack guys and gets a shot? i was impressed by his chin though swick hit pretty hard and he never even seemed to get phased by any of his punches.

23. WAR SHOGUN says:

^ "i thought randy lost, octogan control? i would say brandon had that he controlled where the fight took place"

So Vera wanted to have his back against the cage the entire fight? That's why he did nothing at all, just stood there… that explains it all… your right Vera won… lol

24. lol so holding someone against the cage wins a fight lol. do you think randy was going for the hold you against the cage? no he was going for take downs that he could not get. i never said vera got robbed just that i thought he won in a real fight he would have been the winner in pride he would have been the winner but with the ufc is octogan control worth more than damage and strikes? no it should be in a even fight than you go to octogan control to see who won but holding someone against the cage and not being able to get them down should not be considered control brandon controlled where the fight took place and that was on his feet.

25. WAR SHOGUN says:

Brandon didn't controlled ANYTHING, Couture Clinched him and took him to the fence at will. Landing 3 or 4 kicks in a round doesn't win a fight. Couture was bitch holding Vera yeah it sucks but when you press someone against a cage and keep him there that's control, so he won.

26. Couture Clinched him and took him to the fence at will

lol took him to the fence at will, yeah but he was going for the take downs witch got stuffed? whats worth more a few kicks or holding someone against the fence getting every take down stufffed? i guess its a matter of opinion but i prefer the guy who is trying to fight trying to do damage than the guy who is holding on for dear life. this was all about fighting when it first started pride had real mma scoring who did the most damage and who was winning at the end of the fight not some point system that rewards people for hanging on.

27. Brandon didn’t controlled ANYTHING

if that was even close to true than brandon would have been on his back the whole fight.

28. CobraClutch says:

It was a draw, IMO. Randy controlled him from most of the time, but Brandon landed the harder strikes and did way more damage. However, Brandon didn't do enough to win since most of the time he was trying to avoid getting old-man smothered.

And we can't say that if this was Pride it would have been the same, because Randy's game plan in a ring wouldn't be to push Brandon against the ropes the whole time. Roy, you can't just assume all the actions would be exactly the same if you change the entire environment.

29. true, and brandon should have done more to win i just don't see what randy did to win and if thats all he has left he might want to retire instead of getting beat up when he faces tougher guys, his chin seems shot he used to be able to take a great punch now it seems he gets rocked whenever someone touches it.

30. I had Vera winning the fight 29-28. I gave Couture the first round, eventhough nothing significant happened. Vera wins the second, because of the knock down and did more damage and Vera wins the 3rd with more damage and the late takedown.

31. Come back matt hughes!!! or don't

32. Nate, the only reason I would give it to Couture is because aside from those things you mentioned, Couture controlled Vera's body the whole fight. He put him where he wanted. I think Couture knew he had a good chance of getting ko'd by Vera (I actually thought that would happen) and didn't want to stand and bang with him, and I think Vera was respecting Couture to the point where is was kind of nervous to let his hands go.