UFC 104 Video: Dana White “Shogun Won The Fight”

UFC President Dana White agrees that Shogun won the fight against Machida, talks smack about referee Steve Mazzagatti for his early stoppage in the Velasquez-Rothwell fight and more.

Comments

1. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Can't wait to see the rematch. I wanted to see Machida win and I'm saying Shogun got robbed. Plus after the fight I really wanted Shogun to win it so Anderson would go after him for the belt and for beating his buddy. That fight would be amazing.

2. At least Dana is honest and now there should be a quicker rematch then if he believed machida won the fight.

3. i thought Shogun won 4 out of the 5 rounds..

4. Well a win is a win And I think Machida will come back stronger in the rematch and possibly hurt shogun more. We have seen Machida more explosive and more alert than last night. This was totally a Tactical battle of 2 warriors

5. dane drebin says:

a win isnt a win when you obviously lost…

just like i dont consider bispings win over hamill to be a win because it wasnt a win.

Everyone knew who the real winner was in England and everyone knows who won lastnight thats good enough for me.

Shogun the true champion>lyoto the oragami champion

6. Im sick of hearing Dana complain about Mazzagatti after a fight. We all know he SUCKS. Dana step up and do something about it.

7. Joe Smith says:

bpeters, if you're sick of hearing it, then don't click "play" on the video. there's nothing dana can do about mazzagatti. he doesn't pick him. the judges and referees are appointed by the athletic commission. this is a good thing, because if dana (or any organization owner) chose the judges and the referees, then that opens the door to corruption. having an independent third party choose the refs and judges is the only fair way to go.

that being said, the athletic commission should have a clause where their choices in judges and refs can be argued if shown just cause, like the early stoppage. then again, it's not like Rothwell was going to do anything in that fight but just get his ass handed to him even more. so i don't really care about that stoppage. but the boxing judges judging mma…that's not cool.

8. shogun won, i can't wait for the rematch should be even better. now you people see why i picked shogun to win.

9. Dane I couldn't agree more with everything you said.

I hope there's a rematch and it isn't retards judging.

Cecil peoples…. what a joke.

10. I agree too, but I think Jay means on paper, a win is a win. Shogun should have won, but the rematch should be better because both men have something to prove and cannot afford to be too passive in the fight. The Rothwell/Velasquez stoppage was really early, but that fight would not have ended differently in my opinion and I think every ref has made early stoppages. Does Mazagatti really do it that often? I haven't noticed.

11. dane drebin says:

Mazagatti either stops fights to early or lets people get beat on like 9 punches after they are out i swear he is blind. He's the guy that took a point away from lesnar for hitting mir in the back of the head without warning and changed the momentum of the fight. he's done losts of stuf like that.

12. It was a close fight. The only thing I'm gonna say is Rogan and Goldie were hella biased for shogun. During some iof the exchanges, I felt like Machida won and all you hear is "NICE LEG KICK BY SHOGUN!" It was almost as bad as Brenneman on Tebow, the only thing they left out was calling shogun jesus in the cage. Watch the fight again on mute. Dunno if it will change your mind but it has for many people on other forums.

13. I agree David, I watched the fight online and had to mute it cuz I couldn't understand them. I thought Machida won the first 3 rounds and Shogun the last 2. I watched the replay with Rogan and Goldberg and thought Shogun won. So I watched it a third time back on mute and agree with my first opinion where Machida won 3 rounds to 2.

Tim Tebow, Jesus in cleats. Shit always cracks me up man

14. I agree. Lights on for Machida in rounds 1-2-3. Lights on for Shogun in rounds 4-5. This all equals Machida keeps the lights on and stays bright halogen champion.

15. dane drebin says:

wats with all this lights on lights off shit?

i watched the fight at the bar and u couldnt hear the commentary and i still thought shogun won.

16. Well Dane Drebin…..its because your Fucking retarded.

17. dane drebin says:

good one dbag… sept 90 percent of mma fans agree with me which makes u the minority… the numbers agree with me, most of the fans (even machida fans) agree with me, and lyotos fucked up face along with his gimp agree with me.

and i highly doubt thats steve saying that since he's one of the biggest shogun fans on here. post as ur self loser.

18. Ha ha is there only one Steve in the world you dumbass. Theres actually quite a few people on this site that agree with the judges. Did I miss when Lyoto's face got fucked up. I saw like a little cut of his lip. What maybe a puffy eye. When did his face get fucked up? I though it was a good fight.

19. dane drebin says:

this site was a lot less douchey when there was only one steve

20. Light off for Dane. Sorry dude, but not everybody's light on with you. My name isn't Steve. It's I Luv Lamp. And I'm a lamp, so I lights on things I like and lights off things I don't. If you knew half the stuff you thought you did then people wouldn't call you out all the time and want to beat you up. hahaha. Lights OUT for Dane.

Is this you?

21. dane drebin says:

har har har light out wtf and no thats not me

22. I gotta say I Love Lamp, having that picture there is kind of mad creepy. Why do you think that is Dane? Try to find me!

23. Wow I missed that steve thing. This is the shogun fan steve here by the way. Look at what Machida said recently about the fight. This is why I think he is a bitch. He actually thnks he won? Shogun has no suspension at all and could fight tomorrow. Machida got 60 days no contact. LMFAO. Well like I said there is always dumb fans out there and unfortunately you cant stop them from thinking machida won.

and here is the Sherdog anlysis

24. Random Name says:

steve, sorry….that doesn't prove anything. SO many people went back and watched the fight again, with the sound down, and really LOOKED at the fight….and it's clear that Machida won rounds 1 and 3 and Shogun won rounds 4 and 5. Round 2 really could go either way. I think the first 3 went to Machida. Many others felt the same way. To beat the champ, you have to beat the champ. Shogun hung in with the champ, but never came close to finishing Machida, but almost got finished himself at the end of Round 3. Go back and watch it again without sound.

25. ^What a loser shogun never came close to being finished in round 3 or at all in the fight for that matter what fight were you watching???

26. No name I have watched it with no sound. No how bout you go back and tell me when Machida actually outstruck Shogun. At any point in the fight when did he hurt him. You are a fucking retard. Saying most ppl say machida won? What site is that on and who are they thats saying it. Blind fucks knew who won that fight. Dana Whte himself said Shogun won. If you really went back and watched the fight you would have seen Machida with his head down and thinking he lost after the fight was over. God damn you fuckers that post that Machioda won are really probally half fucking retarded and have never even been in a fight and dont know what you are watching. Nobody is saying he won except for dumbasses like who say to go back and watch the fight again as if its gonna change the fact that he got the fuck beat out of him by shogun. The fucker couldnt even bounce on his leg at the ned of the fight. He was outsruck in every category. Shogun had control of the clinch landed more shots and not only landed cleaner shots but harder shots and controlled the octagon. How the fuck anyone thinks Machida won is beyond and is MOST likely having the IQ of an 8 yr old. Just b/c you are rooting for someone doesnt mean they won.

27. And I got a whole community to back me on this one OWNED.

28. don't take what he says too seriously steve he's probably never been leg kicked in his life. He porbably thinks his World of Warcraft account gives him the MMA knowledge we all are lacking hahahahaha

29. Joe Smith says:

Roid rage = steve. lol

which one of you is dane drebin's new name where he post "anonymously?" hahaha

30. Joe Smith says:

I think Machida won 3-2 as well. So I think it's actually closer than you guys think.

31. joe smith, fake steve, i luv lamp, Random name… all obsessed with "Dane Drebin" when i havent even been posting… hmmmm… multiple people disagree with u so u make tons of screen names to agree with yourself. pretty pathetic duder. Sounds like somebody jumped on the piss drinking machida bandwagon a little soon and can't take that a guy who got choked out by Forrest Crybaby Griffin could tool ur butt buddy, make him look average and he shouldnt have even one title defense. its ok if u make enough sn's and vote enough times maybe u can make it seem like there are a ton of people who think machida won.

when this site started out there werent hardly any people posting except for a few chill people so i used my full name but ive been meaning to shorten it for awhile now. never good to have ur full name on the internet especially when fuckin wierdos like this douchebag have nothing better to do with their lives then try to track me down and harass me. kinda sad.

…lights out im goin to bed