UFC 104 “Machida vs. Shogun” Results Live

machida vs shogun stairdown

UFC 104: Machida vs. Shogun – October 24 from the Staples Center, Los Angles CA.

Undefeated Lyoto “The Dragon” Machida will defend his newly won UFC light heavyweight title against fellow Brazilian striker Mauricio “Shogun” Rua. Also Cain Velasquez will continue his quest for contendership as he takes on former IFL standout “Big” Ben Rothwell in the co-main event.

CageToday.com will have live results stating with the undercard at 8pm ET followed by the Pay-Per-View at 10pm ET.

MAIN CARD

PRELIMINARY CARD

*SpikeTV will broadcast fights leading up to the main card on PPV

Lyoto Machida vs Mauricio Shogun Rua fight video
Cain Velasquez vs. Ben Rothwell fight video
Spencer Fisher vs. Joe Stevenson fight video

Comments

1. Joe Smith says:

Rumble cost himself part of his pay-check and the KO or the night for his weight. That was at least $65,000 of lost money. That's a heavy lesson to learn. If he doesn't come in for the next fight on-weight, then Dana should DQ him from the 170 division.

2. and Fat ass Rothwell wasnt defending himself he never threw a punch .. i agree with the stoppage its not like he a great fighter and has been through that before.. he just looked like a punching bag

3. Whodini did u really just say that he didnt beat machida up? What do you consider beating up? Beating them to a bloody pulp. Machida was limping and if you did go back and watch the fight andf you still think Machida won you are a FUCKING RETARD. He got the shit beat out of him.

Only a guy who has no xperience at all getting leg kicked and fighting with no knowledge of mma would give machida the win. But then again there is always that dumbass who gets it wrong. What sucks is this time they were the judges. Machida stopped moving a lot in the 4th and 5th b/c he was so jacked up from leg kicks. A guy runs and you think he won. He landed less and did less damage. He never controlled the octagon and was beaten in every aspect of the fiht and still somehow you think he won. WOW all I can say is wow.

4. Are you fucking kidding me…you think Machida lost this fight…no Rua didnt do enough to win this fight bottom line…Machida at most time is a boring fight but a smart one and while Rua did eventually in the later rounds catch him with leg kicks he missed a hell of alot during the first 3 rounds and machida hit him with jabs and right every time he threw and missed a kick…his takedown defense is huge that scores points he was never able to take him down after 5 attempts i think. The judges called this fight correctly the people who think Rua won are the ones that hate Machida. I like the guy but he is a boring fighter to watch at most times but that is his style of fighting you either like it or you dont. I think it was so close that a rematch should be in order though.

5. Either way that fight win, it wouldnt take away how shitty the card was no good fights at all.

6. Where are all the morons at now that think machida could be beat brock, i guess you think Rua could beat him to now, NO CHANCE IN HELL FOR HIM TO BE BROCK!!!

7. BJJ Brown Belt says:

You are Tim. I do not dislike Machida. Usually I want someone to win because I like the fighter or there may be a situation where I won't care to much for one guy but because I cant stand the other guy, I'll root for the that guy…either way, for the most part, I end up selecting a favorite. In this case, I really didn't care who won. I think that they are both great fighters, neither is cocky, neither talks shit, neither has an asshole coach or come from a turd camp…meaning that I do not dislike Machida. However, there is no way that Rua did not win 3 rounds of that fight. Forget the numbers, scoring, and what goes into scoring…there is no way that you could convince me that he did not win 3 rounds. I am not a huge fan of Joe Rogan and the other announcer – can't think of his name right now, and I poke fun at how many times they are wrong, but even they were stunned when the announcement that machida was the winner was made. I am not letting emotions of whether I like someone or not enter into this…Rua won that fight. You have made some good points on this website but sometimes I think that you just like to argue, even if you have no point.

8. BJJ Brown Belt says:

Sorry, my first sentence should say, "You are wrong Tim."

9. thanks Tim … you got my meaning ..and yes he did run..like i said it looked like most boxing matches …all and all the fight sucked ..im not a Machida fan ..i was hoping Rua was gonna STOMP HIS ASS…but he didnt ..the champ always gets the close rounds

10. WAR SHOGUN says:

Shogun kicked Machida's ass, all of you saying shogun missed a lot, well off course Machida for running faster than Forrest like a bitch.

11. As i said Rua could of very well won that fight but he lost that fight on his own it was too close of a fight overall when you take in the facts the late rounds kicks and the earlier unsuccessful takedowns. IF RUA WAS THE MORE AGGRESSOR IN THE 4 AND 5 ROUND HE WOULD OF DEFINETLY WON THIS FIGHT. Facts are facts Rua's corner and Rua himself lost this fight for him they told him he was winning so rua backed off which as you all know you never ever do in fighting never back off your opponent. your right Whoodini close rounds usually go the champ if there wasnt anything else to set them apart thats just the way it is. While many think Rua won frankly to be honest after thinking and reviewing the fight even though i was there live i think they both won the fight and thats why they need a rematch asap which looks like its going to happen, props to Dana for speaking up againt this fight and saying he believe rua won but that he needs to get a rematch asap. Aslo the rothwell fight was an early stoppage big time. Mazzegatii is a stupid fucking ref.

Bottom line Machida is a boring fight but he fights smart and i also think he took rua lightly but he won and he did just enough to win the rounds. All in all like i said they both won the fight and you can make ample statements and facts from both ends to back them up but like him or not Machida is the champ and i cant wait for a rematch.

My first live UFC fight and it sucked overall but the atmoshpere of just being there made it worth it. Not to mention being 30 rows from the cage with free tix helped too. Got to love working for the UFC!!!

12. Tim way to say two things and contradict yourself. First you say Machida won and pretty much laughed saying You thought Machida lost this fight and now you say after everyone burns on you that Shogun could have won. No Tim he did win the fight clearly in any real mma fans eyes. Take that how you want and you said that the only ones that thought Machida lost are the ones that hate him?? Wow you are really stupid honestly. The Fans were CHEERING for MACHIDA at the start of the fight duh!!!!!!!!! At the end of the fight when everyone thought Shogun had done more than enough to win a decision the fans gave Shogun their applause. So the whole anti Machida thing is proved wrong there. And then not only that but go on any mma website and look at all the people saying what a terible decision that was. Machida was shocked when he found out he won and he really never acknowledged that he thought he won. He just said that the judges gave it to him sorry guys lol. People like you are what piss me off about mma sites. If you couldnt see a clear win for Machida after watching that fight you are an IDIOT.

13. dane drebin says:

i agreed with u until ur last sentence steve u might wanna re read that lol

14. yeah sorry dane thx for correcting me there. A clear win for shogun***. No more multitasking while typing lol. Lost my game in fantasy football damn it :)

15. dane drebin says:

haha i hear ya

16. Joe Smith says:

Actually, go back and watch the fight again. with all the controversy i just watched it again, and you know what? Machida actually DID win the fight. It was that close, but if you watch with an open mind, and with the sound down, then you'll see Machida actually won the first three.

Here's why I think we all think/thought Shogun won:

1. Goldberg and Rogan from the beginning kept saying how Shogun was winning, and every time Shogun landed a shot, Rogan yelled "SHOGUN HIT HIM!!!" Even with the flurry at the end of Round 3, Machida had Shogun in the most danger either fighter was in through the fight, and Machida was landing left-right-left-right, and Shogun hits Machida once, and Rogan yells "SHOGUN HIT HIM!!!".

2. Shogun won the last two rounds easily, and was on his way to eventually….eventually….dominating the fight. So since he won the last two decisively, and Machida was on a downward slop, we assumed that Shogun was working him throughout the entire fight.

The fight was VERY close. So close that we keep talking about it. If you're champion, then you really have to BEAT the champion. The fight was so close, that Machida really should have kept the belt, because a close match goes to the champion.

So, I changed my verdict after I saw the fight again and really WATCHED it, not just in a bar with a few drinks and people yelling.

17. you go Joe

18. i totally agree joe, I too took a second look at the fight and saw it the same way entirelly. Sho guns kicks were loud and flashy but what i saw Machida land at least one or two punches for every leg kick he took. it was close but if you are fighting for a title you should not go in just planning to score points with leg kicks you gotta be hungry and take the title. and Sho Gun fell a little short on this one.

19. HOW ABOUT NO OPINIONS MATTER MACHIDA WON THE FIGHT AND IS STILL THE CHAMP MOVE ON WAIT FOR THE REMATCH

20. How did the rest of the undercard fights end?

21. Lights on…Joe, WHODINI, krage, DuH…..can't ALL be postings from "steve" can they, Dane?

Lights off…Dane isn't as cool as he thinks he is.

Light out…dane reminds me of that snooty little bitch you all knew in high school who thought he knew everything, and had to always tell you about it…and try to cry when people didn't agree with him. Must have a small penis.

22. dane drebin says:

You would think about my penis lamp fucker

23. wow. is that your come back? Hahahaha. I think the lamp won.

24. dane drebin says:

i guess i could just care less wat someone called I luv lamp thinks about me or you for that matter to write a couple paragraphs

25. dane drebin says:

this site is goin down hill quick i miss the days when there was about 8 of us that talked about mma and shared our oppinions. a lot of the main guys that started out here dont post very often if at all anymore and i can see why. it was bound to be over run by retards sooner or later and its headed the way of sherdog quick. the way of mindless name calling and childish fighting. you cant argue with stupid nobody wins so i think this will be my last post for awhile im tired of being associated with such stupid people. Definetly not gunna use this name ever again seeing as creeper wierdos like i luv lamp are searching for me on the internet… fuckin wierdos

26. guess you thought second about writing a couple paragraphs, huh? hahaha.

See ya….don't let the door hit ya on the way out, biatch!

wwwaaaahhhhh. the site is lame (yet he keeps coming back). wwwwaaaaahhhhhh. i want to express my opinion and make fun of you ("you live under a rock?") but if you make fun of me, then you're stupid. wwwwaaaaahhhhhh.

Get on with your bitch ass and GTFO of here, then, lil whiney bitch.

27. I agree with Dane though. This site is getting kind of stupid kind of fast with some of the people on here.

28. no one thinks that fromer mma champs would make the best judges??????

29. Random Name says:

Sites been like this for over a year now. It's not that it's been going down recently. Remember Cobra Clutch and 69inside my triagnle or whatever. There's always assholes here. Dane isn't exactly the nicest guy on here, either. He just doesn't change his name every week like all the others. hahaha.

What we need is a log-in system with actual user names which require a real e-mail verification step. Then we'll see what's up. When little boys and girls get to post "anonymously" they get realllly brave with their postings. they're keyboard warriors already on the net, and we give them full anonymity here? that's just a recipe asking for this immature bullshit that is going to happen.

30. "When little boys and girls get to post “anonymously” they get realllly brave with their postings"

hahaha totally agree "Random Name"