UFC 104 “Machida vs. Shogun” Results Live

machida vs shogun stairdown

UFC 104: Machida vs. Shogun – October 24 from the Staples Center, Los Angles CA.

Undefeated Lyoto “The Dragon” Machida will defend his newly won UFC light heavyweight title against fellow Brazilian striker Mauricio “Shogun” Rua. Also Cain Velasquez will continue his quest for contendership as he takes on former IFL standout “Big” Ben Rothwell in the co-main event.

CageToday.com will have live results stating with the undercard at 8pm ET followed by the Pay-Per-View at 10pm ET.

MAIN CARD

PRELIMINARY CARD

*SpikeTV will broadcast fights leading up to the main card on PPV

Lyoto Machida vs Mauricio Shogun Rua fight video
Cain Velasquez vs. Ben Rothwell fight video
Spencer Fisher vs. Joe Stevenson fight video

Comments

1. Machida

Velasquez

Stevenson

Johnson

Tibau

Bader

Hardonk

Sonnen

2. wow this was bullshit shogun clearly won that fight

3. Is this a joke? Machida should fight Forrest on a running fight. Shogun DOMINATED Machida, how can it be a unanimous decision?? Thats the worst decision ever!!!!!!! Shogun WON Machida sucked ass, he should run in the Olympics instead of "fighting"

4. Was Cecil Peoples one of the judges? what a rip. Shogun won.

5. Apparently the UFC wants to bank on the drawing power of the "undefeated" dragon a little longer because Rua clearly won that fight.

6. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Wow! I even wanted Machida to win that fight and I'm saying he lost. Shogun did get robbed. That was bullshit!

7. Lyoto should be the new nike poster boy, running for the win lol

8. Do these judges know anything about MMA?

9. R u fucking kidding me right now????????????????????

That is a worse decision than Hamill v. Bisping.

Shogun won 4 rounds to 1. And all 3 judges gave it to Machida???????????????

Another BULLSHIT decision. I will never order UFC again. I am gonna watch them for free. What the fuck are these juges scoring on? Machida clearly got the shit beat out of him. Rogan was talking about Shogun vs Anderson and he ended up losing? Another decision based on poilitics of the fight game. Shogun was robbed and he can do nothing about it. I want those judges out of the UFC forever and out of judging in general. Was machidas family the judges? The whole crowd was cheering for Machida at the beginning of the fight and at the end the crowd was cheering for Shogun. That says enough. Machida couldnt even bounce on his legs and was outstruck the whole fight. UNBELIEVABLE. I want to here Dana White say Shogun should be the UFC LHW CHAMP not the beat up and broken down Machida. I know I rambled a bit but I am pissed.

10. steve you are 101% correct, Shogun IS the real Champion, he looked GREAT, hes my hero. No matter what anyone says he WON.

11. One of the worst decisions in UFC history…IMO…Those judges had their heads in some (o)(o)…aka boobs…LOL

Shogun the real LHW champ…

12. Even if you subscribe to the philosophy that you have to BEAT the champion to be the champion, I still think Shogun won 4-1. For the judges to give Machida the victory by 3-2 is just too much of a swing for my taste.

Dana said to Shogun after the fight that he won that fight, and Dana hates the judges. Shogun deserved the win tonight, and did everything he could to get it.

13. This is highway robbery , what fight were the judges watching . since the begining i said shogun would win this fight . he really exposed machita for what he is a counter fighter and went in there with the perfect game plan . too bad that Shogun will have to wait for another title shot when he clearly won this fight . i mean who else has given machita such a competetive match.

14. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Steve, don't go too far man. You know you'll order another UFC PPV! Also, it's not the UFC's fault. Shogun should get an immediate.

15. Dana white better act fast to fix this BS decision. there has to be a lot of pissed off mma fans right now. shogun should get an immediate rematch, and not a year from now. hands down the worst decision in mma history.

16. Not only was shogun robbed tonight, but the fans were robbed. everybody should get there damn 50 dollars back from this payperview. im ready to put my tickets for sale on ebay that i just bought yesterday for 107! what sucks is that there is really nothing you can do to make this right……

17. I feel the same. This fight should be overturned and ruled a No Contest at worst lol. I know it will never and has never but come on. Shogun went from thinking champion of the ufc to getting robbed. And there is nothing worse than getting robbed. Also I am not kidding about not ordering ufc again. Im watching them free online. So Dana and the shit judges can sit on that and spin.

18. To CAGE: put up a poll asking who you think won

Machida or shogun. 50-45 49-46 and so on.

19. got to hand it to shogun he was the better man tonight

20. i was all about machida coming in to this but hands down i thought shogun won the fight. i wasn't even looking at the screen when they announced the winner because i was pretty certain shogun was getting the belt. that was a pretty bad decision. shogun did the most damage and even though machida had some good moments shogun seemed to dominate the action. there must have been some boxing judges who just don't know how much kicks hurt.

21. some stuff dana just said:

he wants shogun to get an immediate rematch because he thought shogun won.

he thinks mazagatti shouldn't even watch mma let alone ref it, pretty funny.

22. UFC 104 Machida vs Shogun judges score cards

Marcos Rosales

Round 1 – Machida

Round 2 – Machida

Round 3 – Machida

Round 4 – Shogun

Round 5 – Shogun

23. I think Cecil Peoples literally closes his eyes and checks random boxes…dam them boxing judges f#$@ up MMA.

24. i was thinking the same thing. had to be boxing judges that don't score kicks to the body and leg like they do punches to the face.

25. New poll up..

26. there is only one reason i think that could be down to the decision.

5/1 odds.

27. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Why does Dana need to sit and spin Steve? He said that he thought Shogun won that fight. It's not his fault the judges are stupid. People need to realize that.

28. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Either way, Machida was exposed tonight and I wanted him to win but after that fight I thought Shogun should get it and wanted him to get so Anderson Silva would go after him since he wasn't too eager on fighting his friend.

29. complete BS, Shogun kicked machida's ass all night….

30. i'd also like to add, now that everyone knows the gameplan to beat Machida…. he won't be champ for long (he is evasive but you can't move your body and legs as fast as your head.

31. I don't agree with the decision but those first 3 rounds could have gone either way. Shogun won the 4th and 5th for sure. The judges were probably thinking that shogun is just gettin in leg kicks but never really went after or rocked machida whereas machida rocked shogun several times during the first 3 rounds. And when he did, shogun would shoot for the take down and machida successfully defended it. Either way they are gonna have an immediate rematch and it sucks for shogun cuz I think that machida will beat him in the rematch now that he knows shogun's strat.

32. Balendin, I thought bout the odds and how it was rigged too but last I checked, wasn't more money put on Machida? I know the house would love for underdogs to win but please correct me if I'm wrong.

33. dane drebin says:

damn i thought i was taking crazy pills at the bar everyone thought machida won im glad im not alone and everyone else thought shogun won too. that was bullshit im still happy because i said shogun was gunna shock the world to everyone adn he did. he fucked machidas face up and is the real ufc champ.

steve dont get pissed at the ufc or dana white they have nothing to do with the judges and have no control over the refs or judges. if that was the case tito would never win a fight lol

34. Vincent.

even if more money was put on Machida. I'm willing to bet it was nowhere NEAR x5.

a simple choosing of boxing judges would have done it. (Machida gets hit so little he'd win a boxing match with anyone at 205lb.)

35. Joe Smith says:

Stupid poll. Shogun didn't destroy Machida. There were no knock-downs or near knock-outs or near submissions. Shogun didn't even get a take-down. You can say Shogun won, which he did in my opinion, but don't think Machida got crushed. Come on, now.

36. Joe Smith says:

dane, what town do you live in, and what bar was that so i know never to go there, because those people don't see reality. my bar here in l.a. was in an uproar over the decision.

37. This is the exact reason that boxing is not as big anymore. Terrible decisions. This is what loses fans. This card sucked ass. Give Rumble a challenge next time. Did anyone in the world think yoshida had a chance? If you expect me to believe that dana and the ufc cant have different judges if they so choose your high. They can change refs and judges by simply asking. How fucked up is this. The only ones who gave Machida the win were the ones getting paid to do so. You cant even say they were boxing judges becauseShogun had better hands than Machida and landed the harder shots. Had octagon control and pushed the pace. At times chasing after a running machida. Then Machida says he thinks he won the fight lol. So much for him being a very stand up nice guy. He knew he lost but all that karate and yoga by the waterfall wouldnt help him admit defeat. So much for the discipline. Cant wait for the rematch. Just not sure how shogun is gonna win.He wins 4 rounds and still loses by a unanimous decision lol.

38. Dear Machida,

Hamill and I thought you won as well.

Signed,

Michael Bisbing.

39. This was a terrible UFC card not any good fights and the main event was fixed. TERRIBLE!!!!

40. Card was pretty shitty, johnson needs to figure the weight thing out or move up, and Rua just found out how important it is to finish fights. I agree that it was close but I just don't think you should take the belt from a champ in a close decision, you should have to take the belt not have it given to you. yes i agree even back then that forrest got a gift too.

41. boy that fight sucked …looked like boxing .. well maybe a kick fight at best …..remember you have to beat thge champ to be the champ..Shogun didnt beat him up he just chased him … watch it with the sound off and you'll see what the judges saw .. Joe Rogan and his butt buddy screaming everytime someone lands a kick drives me nuts

42. weak fights…Shogun won

43. Prime example of why you NEVER let it go to the judges. Ask Lennox Lewis, he'll tell you all about it with his draw with Evander Holyfield lol.

44. that is what happens boxing judges, judge an mma fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

45. good judges, coture for wrestling, lidell for striking, and r.gracie for grapling! f**k them boxing judges!!!!!!!

46. BJJ Brown Belt says:

I agree that you should do you best to keep it out of the judges hands but man, Shogun clearly dominated. I don't see how the fans at the event, everyone on this site, and people on other sites could all be wrong. I feel real bad for Rua. All the training and hard work was taken away by this bullshit decision. It has to be devastating and deflating. I give Rua even more credit for being a true porfessional and taking it as well as could be. If was him, I would have went off. God bless him.

I agree that the fights were not that good but on a positive note, Cain looked like a monster. The UFC may test him one more time against someone like Nog or Mir but if he wins that, he has to be in line for a title match. His standup still needs improvement but his takedowns, wrestling, and ground and pound are really strong. If he could improve his standup and his submisions, he will be a tall challenge for Lesnar or Carwin. Ben is no joke and Cain demolished him.

47. Poor decision but as a fan of machida's im happy he got it :) even though he clear got beat.

Shogun as shown Machida isnt impossible to beat but i do expect machida now to analysis this fight and come into the rematch even better. I think Lyoto in the rematch will strike more with his hands because that where he was doing better in the fight. Plus he''ll find a way to not get kicked so much.

Good to see Shogun is starting to get back to his old self, gonna be plenty of good fights for him in the future.

Other fighters i was impressed with were Joe daddy Stevenson and Chael Sonnen.

I think Anthony Johnson should be made to go up in weight class as he clearly isnt a welterweight and that fight shouldn't have even happened.

48. They aren't boxing judges, it is just a boxing style point system. Why isn't this thread updated?

49. CECIL PEOPLES seems to be the common ingredient in these bad decisions. rua clealy kicked the shit out of machida's legs and ribs. even machida's marathon running couldn't keep him away from rua. rua did look back in old form tonight.

50. Machida was tenative He was not so precise like he was against rashad and Thiago. If Machida would have been more loose and let it go he probably would have hurt shogun. I hope he comes back stronger