UFC 103: Dan Henderson vs Rich Franklin 2

franklin-vs-henderson

The Ultimate Fighting Championships announced today, Dan “Hollywood” Henderson (25-7) will take on Rich “Ace” Franklin (25-4) for the second time this year, in the main event at UFC 103 on Sept. 19 in Dallas, TX.

Henderson pulled off the split decision win in their first fight at UFC 93 in Dublin, Ireland.

Following his win over Micheal Bisping at UFC 100, Dan Henderson was expected to be next in line for a title shot with current UFC middleweight champion Anderson “The Spider” Silva. It know looks like he will have to get past Rich Fanklin, again, before begin considered the top UFC middleweight contender and get another shot at the belt.

For the latest on UFC 103, check out our UFC Rumors section.

Comments

1. I wish franklin was fighting tito. That would have made for a much better fight. This is going to just as boring as I thought the first one was. I am not looking forward to watching this only seing who wins.

2. other derek says:

franklin will get his revenge

3. I'm usually under AL and Al 2.0 and i'm out of town right now and i usually don't do this with other people's computers and whatnot, but i gotta comment, but this is bullshit!!! Dan vs Rich…who wants to see that again? Dan deserves Anderson… Henderson/Silva 2 would have been so much better and so much more hype then this…i call bullshit. I'm asking, is there anyone that wants to see this fight again so soon??

4. other derek says:

why do you switch to 3.0?

5. other derek says:

and i would have rather seen franklin vs ortiz but i still don't mind this fight cause rich wants his revenge and i think he'll get it

6. what weight I wonder.

7. This is total bullsh*t, I'm pissed off hearing this news. Dan is getin f*cked, he's deserves a title shot. He's already beat Franklin not even 6 months ago. So, if Franklin wins he gets a title shot instead of Dan. Dan's already beat 3 top conteneders in a row( Palahares, Frankiln and Bisping) , Franklin has just beat one by a bullsh*t decision(an old Wanderlei, that Dan has already crushed in his prime). I'm pissed off at the UFC for even doing this match again, they got the fight right the first time. The UFC loves stupid ass Rich Franklin for some reason and i don't know why. I guess they want to keep his sh*tty career alive, what little he has left. He's never going to be champion again. Well at least this time we can see Dan KO Franklin's bitch a**. Hendo's goin KO Rich the same way that he KO'd Bisping's a**.

8. other derek says:

fuck that rich is gonna beat dan down with class and striking…….dan didn't do shit the first fight………….fuck hendo

9. this is pathetic i wanted 2 see hendo vs silva again

10. other derek says:

i don't understand how anyone can call franklin a bitchass………he's got way more class then anyone in the ufc

11. I have to agree with Zach in lighter terms. I really see no reason for this fight. The UFC is really setting themselves up for a potential disaster. First off, the first fight between these 2 was a sleeper. Total borefest. 2nd IF Franklin wins, then what? Are they really going to put him up against Silva again? That would make as much sense as a Ortiz/Shamrock 4. Neither fight has been remotely close. I hope Franklin wins, because I'm getting a little annoyed with Dana's decisions lately. Like talking up how he's "going" to sign Fedor, and then this week trashing the hell out of the guy. Cause that's going to make him want to sign. Woo yeah.

12. I liked the first fight, but WTF!

I love em' both, but Hendo needs to fight Silva again, he's earned another chance. WTF was Joe Silva thinking??? HEY I KNOW, LETS TAKE THE ONLY GUY TO GIVE ANDERSON ANY TROUBLE AT ALL, AND HAVE HIM FIGHT FRANKLIN AGAIN!!!

Give me a break UFC, you couldn't find a better match up than a rematch from 6 months ago, quit with the damned weight class jumping and get back to title defenses.

13. F*CK RICH… Rich is a bitch. Like Al 3.0 said this is bullsh*t. Why didn;t he outstrike him the first time they fought, other derek? It's because he was scared of getting KO'd by Hendo's bombs, like a scared lil bitch. Dan's goin to crush him this time by KO not by a decision that Franklin luckly survived, WAIT and SEE.

other derek your goin see your boy Franklin just like Bisping, on the mat KO'd and sleeping and waking up and asking" what happened". I hate Rich the bitch, he's a douchebag, a**hole. Hendo's going to kill him come Sept. 19

I agree completely, Bob..

14. the hendo-franklin fight was real close. it could have gone either way. the rematch will determine the winner. i personally think rich has some great skills. hendo also has some seasoned skills as a veteran. i don't think either can beat silva though.

15. How will this rematch be any different than the first fight? Rich isn't goin to be able to KO or submit Dan and Henderson is definitely able to KO Rich and will be able control the fight where ever it go's, standing or on the ground. I predict the fight goin the same way with Dan controlling the pace of the fight and controlling the stand up. Making Rich run around and rocking him with punches, The only difference could be, that Dan could KO Rich unlike their first fight. I would love to see that happen.

16. other derek says:

BOB the only guy to give anderson trouble u think was henderson? when was anderson in trouble lol? calling rich franklin a bitch and an asshole? Dude ZACK he's the only person in the ufc that doesn't talk shit he just goes out and preforms.

17. OTHER DEREK, saying "F*ck Hendo". What the hell's that about than? Dan is one of the classest MMA fighters out there. He never talks sh*t and never did to Bisping on TUF 9 and that must of been hard with his dumba** mouth.

Did anyone else hear that Bisping wants a rematch with Dan ASAP? (true statement) He'll probably get one to after Dan KO's Rich. The UFC will probably screw Dan out of a title shot again and put him up against Bisping again, instead of giving him a well deserved title shot.

18. other derek says:

i'm saying fuck dan cause i don't like him he was talking shit the first fight with franklin…….but i never said he was a bitchass or an asshole……agreed he does deserve a title shot but anderson is fighting in aug. and this is in sept. so who gives a fuck? the fight between him and anderson won't happen for atleast 3 or 4 months so what are you worried about franklin beating his ass?

19. I'm not worried, i just think it's bullsh*t that he was supposed to have a title shot in his next fight and the UFC makes him fight someone he has just beat 6 months ago.

What shit was Dan saying before their fight? That he was goin win by KO, yeah that's really sh*t talking. I hate Rich because he always trys to be in front of the cameras and give them a lil show. He does it in between rounds saying "thats a bad cut" and saying other dumb sh*t and making his trainer do push ups after his fight with Matt Hamill was douchebaggie.

OTHER DEREK, all I want to say to you is your all on your own here. Normally me and you agree on a lot of stuff, obvouisly not this…LOL. But, everybody here is saying that this rematch is total bullsh*t and that Dan deserves a title shot. Do you not agree with all of us in saying that this is a bullsh*t rematch and Hendo deserves a title shot? I guess we can leave it at this, you are a Frankiln fan and are pulling for him to win and I'm a Hendo fan and I'm pulling for him to win.

20. other derek says:

i already said i'd rather see franklin fight ortiz and i already said that hendo deserves a title shot but i'm gonna back ace when someones talking shit………..and back him in any fight he's gonna take……….i'm also pissed at the outcome of the first fight so i kinda want him to get his revenge…..agreed to disagree………..LOL

21. rich all the way..i got my tickets best sits in the house

22. Well me too, I'm gonna back Hendo when somebodys talking shit about him and back him in any fights he takes. I don't know why your pissed off about the their first fight and think that it was controversial. Franklin did nothing to Dan that whole fight, never even hurt Hendo that whole fight. Dan on the other hand rocked Rich bad in the 1st round and control him pretty much the whole fight. There was no controversey, Franklin definitely didn't win that fight and didn't one stupid a** jugde give Franklin a 30 – 27 unanimous victory??? Giving every round to Rich??? That's complete bullsh*t and everyone knows it.

23. Yeah, Tom. You got the best seat in the house to see Rich go ALL THE WAY to the ground, when Hendo knocks him out.

24. Who gave all the idiots computers? Both fighters are great in their own respects. No one on this board talking shit could get in the octagon and do a 1/10th of what those two men have.

25. other derek says:

when did rich get rocked oh by the head butt? or maybe the eye gauge?

26. NO, it was an overhand right and follow up punches on the ground that rocked Rich bad in the 1st round, FYI. You need to watch the fight again and you'll see.

Also, Rich and everyone needs to quit crying over an accidental headbutt, it happens all the time in MMA. Dan definitely did not mean to do it and when Dan accidentally eye poked Rich there was less than 30 seconds in the fight, so that did not change the outcome either. Rich never did anything to Dan and definitely didn't hurt him.

Come on, other derek, do you honestly think Rich won that fight? Because he didn't, sorry to say.

27. other derek says:

it was very close could of gone either way but they gave it to dan………..i just watched the fight on ufc unleashed today again and he never got rocked he was fine

28. YO, shut up. YO the idiot…. I'm not saying i can go in there and hang with these guys and do what they do, so for you to even bring that up and say that is completely stupid. Stay out of the conversation.

29. I agree with you in saying Dan won the fight but disagree with you in saying Rich never got rocked. Watch it again, I'm TELLING you Dan rocked Rich about 2 minutes or so into the 1st round with an overhand right or maybe it was an uppercut, but he did rock him, Honestly….Maybe you were in the pisser or something and missed the start of the fight…LOL

30. other derek says:

no i know i saw it but it looked worse then it was he never fell down dan fell down after he kicked franklin………..honestly rich was fine getting hit and getting rocked are two different things. We will see in september who the better fighter is

31. other derek says:

it woulda been nice if it was a five rounder

32. Zack, before you try and insult someone you should learn proper grammar and the use of punctuation. As for staying out of the conversation, if you are free to spew the shit coming from your mouth surely I have the right to make an intelligent post.

33. YO, FOOL, You definitely didn't make an intelligent post. You made a absolutly stupid comment that had nothing to do with what me and other derek were taking about. And i'm not trying to have perfect grammar a**hole. What are you a f*cking english teacher or something, you douchebag?

34. Dan is gonna knock rich out this time

35. other derek, Dan will prove he's a better all around fighter and the better fighter period at UFC 103. He's already proved it by beating Rich just 6 months ago. I believe it will be the just the same as last time they fought. Dan will either win a another decision over him or Dan will KO Rich. I think Hendo's just a bad matchup for Franklin.

36. YEAHHH JAY, I TOTALLY AGREE, FINALLY SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THERE TALKING ABOUT…

37. other derek says:

this fight is at 205 right?

38. Zack, I am not an English teacher. I am a person that realizes only a small mind argues a point using insults and vulgarities. If you are so confident in your opinion shouldn't you have a valid argument for why you are right? Both fighters are Future Hall of Famer's; a point you have obviously overlooked. Instead of making any real argument you just insult the fighter, small minded my friend…small minded.

39. YO, YOU STARTED THIS BY SAYING YOU IDIOTS, so quit saying i'm small minded for saying insults. I guess your the small minded one, for starting this child like insulting. YO.

I not insulting Rich for the way he fights, I insulted him because I said I didn't like Rich personality. I realize Rich is a good fighter and will be in the hall of fame someday. If you had read that earlier in the comments you would have seen that. Thats why i said stay out of the convo, because you didn't know what we were talking about exactly.

40. Yeah, other derek the fight is at 205. I'm pretty sure??? Thats what I've heard so far.

41. I'm gonna go with AL 3.0 said and claim that Dan is getting Robbed out the ass…..

42. Did I say Zack you are an idiot? No I did not. You must have a guilty conscience to think that I was talking about you! I was merely making an observation, you are the one who took it personally. I could have agreed with you and been talking about the other side for all you know.

43. how is Dan getting Robbed? lol

Maia and Marquardt are BOTH in line for a shot.

Dan BARELY beat Franklin in his last fight, many disagree with that result too, this is his chance to stake his claim for the shot.

44. Joe Silva's running out of ideas…

45. fuckmeat says:

Lets face it who the hell wants to see either of these two fight Silva again he already stopped them both 3 times total. WTF is Nate Marquardt going to do a second time around and Damian Maia will be a worse fight than Thales Leites was. there is no one left GSP would get destroyed so after the Griffen fight he should stay at 205 and fight some new challengers mabey Machida. A MW division without Silva could actually get competitive again.

Fuck you Joe Silva! Dan Hendo should be pissed why does he have to fight Franklin again when he won already. Rich is going to get fucked up this time like Bispbing.

46. good fight, i cant wait to see it, like em both so i dont even care who wins (secretly rooting for hendo)

47. fuckmeat…. you show what you know about MMA

fuck all.

Gsp would beat Silva.

48. Mike, Dan is getting f*cked because he's deserves a title shot. He's beat 3 very good opponents in a row(Franklin, Palahares and Bisping.) Marquardt doesn;t deserve a title shot. Who's he beat thats better than Dan's competition, recently? No one….

Lets pretend Franklin won that decision over Dan and went on to coach TUF 9. Than say Rich KO'd Bisping at UFC 100, Frankin would have definitely got a title shot. The UFC definitely would not have made Franklin fight Hendo again. This is total bullsh*t. The UFC screwed Dan out of a title shot. I'm really surprised and pissed off at the UFC for doing this.

I completely agree with the last paragraph you said f*ckmeat, but not on the stuff about you saying nobody wants to see Dan fight Anderson again. Well, I do. I want Dan to KO Anderson. I agree with you saying nobody wants to see Silva/Franklin 3. It's would be pointless, Rich would just get KO'd again. Hendo did way, way better than Franklin in the fight with Silva. Dan actually won that 1st round against Silva. Hendo DOES has a chance to beat or even KO Silva with the nuclear bombs that Dan has and if the UFC quits dickin Hendo around and give him a rematch for the title, that he so rightfullly deserves.

49. I really think Dan lost the last tim ebecause of the Head but and the finger pock..But in my eyes i think Dan is the number 1 counter to fight Silva..

I think the fight is at 205

50. the fight is at 205 right??