UFC 100 Video: Frank Mir Talks Brock Lesnar, Calls Out Fedor

Frank Mir theorises about his upcoming rematch with Brock Lesnar, Nogueira and Fedor.

Comments

1. i think mir would do better Verse Fador then he will do verson brock..

2. I agree…Brock had his way in his rookie debut with him as we all know up until he made a rookie mistake, since then he has gotten only better and more calmer in the cage…This will pretty much be the same fight again minus any subs with Lesnar TKO to victory.

Mir vs Fedor would be interesting since both have a solid Sub game.

3. cant wait!

4. mir lost his mind, he better worry about lesnar and not even think about fedor cause he won't ever get to that level of being worthy to fight fedor.lesnar is going to smash him and he won't beat a top 5 hw again.

5. Fedors Gay says:

Brock vs Mir is going to be a good fight. Mir vs Fedor I dont think would. Beside Arlovski Mir is on a higher level competition than anyone Fedor has fought for a while. Mir would be able to roll through people like Barnett. If Fedor comes to the UFC I dont think he will be able to hang. He would have to fight top ranked guys continuously.

6. mir would never beat barnett or fedor.how can you say mir is facing the harder comp? he fought a rookie lesnar and a sick nog and that was his toughtest comp of his career. before that he fought hardonk and getting his ass beat by vera and peda pano cruz?

7. If Fador come to the UFC he knows he wouldnt be the number 1 guy anymore…I think Alot of The UFC guys could run with him and a ithink Carwin, Brock, Gabrail and Mir could Have there way will Fador..

8. Roy I agree. It is so funny how tom said that Mir would do better versus fedor than Lesnar. And how Fedors gay said AA is the only comp he has faced in a while. So Anderson fights top guys continuously?? I dont think so. GSP fights top guys. Borck fought 3 times in his ufc fights. Fedor would smash Mir. He has already beat the hell out of Herring and he would beat Couture in my opinion pretty bad. So if fedor fought the guys that big boy lesnar fought he would be 3-0 in the ufc. And beating Sylvia isnt a joke. Sylvia is a great fighter. Beating AA is another feat. Top 10 HW still. So Dana White stop posting under the name Fedors gay.lol

9. Absolutely my butt. Mir got whopped by pedro pano and Vera. Pedro pano got whooped by Arlovski and arlovki got whooped by fedor. what makes Mir think he can beat Fedor. Mir used to dominate when nobody was well rounded and did know jiu jit su. fedor will dismantle mir.

10. Cobra Clutch says:

If Fedor keeps fighting second-rate talent (non UFC) then he's not going to prove he's the best, nor be able to keep his skills top-notch. He HAS to come to the UFC, or all the UFC guys have to, one by one, pick fights with Fedor elsewhere during lapses in their UFC contract. They'll get more money for it…why not?

I don't think there's anything about Dana White that is compromising in the least. He'll do what the F–K he wants, how the F–K he wants to do it (I'm sure he'd say it like that, hahah). So don't ever expect to see Fedor in the UFC. Dana will look at that as giving others what they're asking for, and Dana is only about what HE wants.

With Mir, Lesnar, Nog, and a few others, there's more than enough competition for Fedor to come in and get a multi-fight deal, since Dana (and he has a legitimate point here) refuses to sign Fedor for one fight.

I say a compromise should be if Fedor wants in, then he signs a TEN fight deal, like he does for his minimum-wage TUF winners (3 years, 9 fights). That will get the UFC much exposure with Fedor and he can prove he's the best.

11. I'll fight FEDOR or FEDORS GAY!

12. Corba Clutch why the fuck would fedor sign a 10 fight deal and have it a shitty no money contract. Everyone who knows about mma really knows that fedor is the best HW and most dominant fighter in mma history. You saying he should take a deal for virtually pennies over something that Lesnar would never take is rediculous. Fedor is the best whether he goes to the ufc or not. If he went to the ufc he would beat lesnar and then who? Frank Mir or Kongo? He would sub kongo in 2 mintues and he would rape Mir. After that beating them who does he fight? old man Couture? A still unproven Shane Carwin or Cain Velasquez? Beating these guys wont make his legacy so much greater. The fact is fedor dominates. Look a wwe steroid superstar is the champ of the ufc. So how tough is that.

13. PoppyNick says:

Mir will beat Lesnar AGAIN…..stamp it! I get so sick of everyone saying Mir got lucky and caught him in a sub….really, your a black belt in bjj and catching someone in a sub is lucky….give me a break. I'm not impressed with Lesnar and never have been. Mir wins this one…..AGAIN!!!

14. PoppyNick says:

Steve I agree, I'm not a Fedor fan but you can't deny the facts……he is the best HW hands down. It really shouldn't be a discussion because no other HW has come close to what he's done.

15. cobra i never noticed that your a ultimate fighter fan, i can see why you would think that if all you watch and listen to is dana white he has sold you on just about everyone of his pitches.the only thing second rate is the ufc hw devision.bottom line is fedor is the hw champ of the world not the ufc hw champ.i can only pray that one day he will go to the ufc to prove the idiots wrong,i say idiots because everyone else already knows that fedor is the numbnes 1 hw.but by the time he gets there mir won't be in line to fight him after losing to brock and every other well rounded hw they put him in with.

16. brock and mir will get there chance one day at fedor well brock will for sure he wont end his career without fighting fedor and the money would be sick so it will happen at some point guarantee it.

17. dane drebin says:

Fedor>Brock>Mir imo

18. This was one of the "better" interviews I've seen in a while. Informative and funny. Check out this interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQFPFCqmZP4

19. I gotta say, I don't think Mir's wins are that impressive. I agree with Roy. I think Mir needs to start to think before he speaks about fighters he hasn't fought yet.

20. Gotta respect the size of Lesnar, but I sure hope he loses. Lesnar having the tittle is like a horny teenager taking your daughter up to the lookout. It just ain't right. MMA represents so much HONEST hard work and determination. He is the Kimbo of the UFC or the Ivan Drago of Rocky IV…I guess I could go on, but I won't.

21. Cobra Clutch says:

First of all, Steve, calm yourself down. If you have a question about a post, then ask for clarification. This is what I meant to say:

Fedor should sign a 10 fight deal. OBVIOUSLY he won't get paid shitty money. He'll get top-billing money. But the longer commitment (like the longer commitments asked of the TUF fighters) would assure both money/competition/exposure for Fedor, and a guarantee for Dana that it won't be a one-shot advertisement for Fedor to take elsewhere. It has to be a win-win for both in order for it to happen.

Now, about my feelings about Dana. I love and admire the guy. I get my feeling about him from his blogs and interviews from him that are posted on the Net. I take anything on TUF with a huge grain of salt, because it's scripted. And for the record, I never said UFC was second-rate at anything. If anything, I keep saying in every post to KEEP the UFC number one, and to avoid all these lame WWE antics and characters from entering it.

Record = Set Straight.

22. Cobra Clutch says:

Before you guys jump on that last post, too…let me clarify…what Dana says on the show is scripted, not the outcomes. Phew! I think I got my first gray hair there, dodging all these arrows!

23. patrick bateman says:

Mir is an idiot and this time Lesnar will finish him early the way he was on his way to doing in the first match untill "that idiot ref" (you know who i mean) stopped him and stood them up because he said he was punching the back of his head. Bullshit and he even took a point away in this being his first ufc fight without a warning first. Fuck that made me mad he should never have been allowed the ref again. It is a little hard not to hit someone in the back of the head when they are scrambling to save their lives like Mir was. I see this too often even in the GSP Penn 2 fight GSP was warned about the same thing. This issue needs to be sorted out because what is a fighter supposed to do when the guy is turtleing beneath him nothing Fuck. Lesnar by KO easy and early.

24. Lesanr is the champ so deal with it, he won it fair and beat one of the best ever. Lesnar is no poser he has mad skills and undeniable athletic ability that makes him who he is, no one else could do what he has no one with such limited time training MMA going on 3 years now and he is the champ. Mir is one cocky SOB and sure is talking shit for someone who knows deep down he is about to get his ass beat.

25. patrick bateman says:

i hate Brock haters. this guy is for real. i still think he should have beat Mir in fight #1 and in fight #2 he destroyed Heath who is a vet who has fought everyone includind Fedor and do i need to remind everyone that in only his 3rd fight he beat the arguably the best UFC fighter in history Couture by TKO. Fluke? face it people. If you dont believe watch what he does to Mir this time.

26. Fedor is the best, there is no doubt about it but he should be fighting in the UFC. Yes there isnt a great deal of talent in the HW division in the UFC but its got enough to give Fedor a challenge. Im not stupid enough to say fedor will beat every guy in the UFC because he's never fought them, ofcourse he'd be favourite against every single one of them but until he actually fights them we can only assume he would beat them. So come on Fedor just go to the UFC beat them all and complete your legacy.

As for Mir V Brock. Mir by sub is how its going to end :) . Nog might have been sick during his fight with Mir but Mir still looked like he was back to has good if not better than he was before his accident. I dont actually like Mir, he's just too cocky and arrogant for my liking but nevertheless he's got mad skills and can cause most fighters problem. The first fight i think Mir didnt take Brock serious as he thought he was just an oversized WWE star and Mir probaly assumed he would punch him and KO in the first. But this time he'll be more aware that Brock aint no joke and wont be so relaxed about Brock getting near him. Meaning Mir will work his angles and slow the bull (brock) down

First time writing on here, sorry for long post just bored at work hehehe

27. Yaroukh says:

the interviewer is nuthugger, funny how he forgot to mention that it was Mir who threw the $hit first, speaking about making Lesnar famous by a break he will do to him

28. Brock to win ko 1st round, hope fedor does sign i think hes overrated and hasnt fought top opponents like in ufc

29. dane drebin says:

fedor beat the number two ranked heavyweight in the world in his last fight get the fuck outta here with that shit.

30. Wadey never watched Pride and has never seen a pride show obviously Dane. There is no point in arguing about Fedor anymore.

31. dane drebin says:

true that steve it seems like some people will always judge a fighter on appearance rather than skill

32. Fedor HAS fought the talent from the UFC. He has fought and beaten (handily I might add), Kevin Randleman, Matt Lindland, Andrei Arlovski, Tim Silvia, Mark Hunt, Marc Coleman (3 years ago when he was still relevant), Cro Cop, Antonio Nogera, Heath Herring (when HE was relevent), and Renoto Sobral. I would say that is a pretty good talent pool to still be UNDEFEATED!!!

There is no one more deserving of being called the best of the best and no one who is calling him out has a better resume. They are merely trying to stake a rep of their own because Fedor is out of reach.

33. Brock is horrible in the fact that he had to lay on Mir the ENTIRE match in order for him to throw tiny little punches to squeak out with the victory…i say if he fights Fedor he WILL get KNOCKED OUT!!!