UFC 100 Video: Frank Mir & Brock Lesnar Rubbing Elbows At Photo Shoot

You can really see the size difference, between Frank Mir and Brock Lesnar in this video for UFC the Magazine.

Comments

1. whodini says:

Franks gonna take him not sure how

2. I don't think Frank is even as confident as YOU ARE…Good luck. Not gonna choke him out, out punch or outwrestle him. He's leaps and bounds better at not getting caught in another ankle lock. Oh, and probably, the ref won't give Frank an early rescue this fight like last. Bueno Suerte' amigo!

3. Cobra Clutch says:

Scary thing is, Mir is a big fkn guy, and he looks middleweight next to Brock. But it's good to see them laugh together and have a few jokes before trying to pound each other's faces in. hahaha. Gotta love professional MMA fighters. Someone should give the Diaz brothers notes that you can still be a pro fighter and not have to be a cock.

4. Thats kind of funny, I thought they really disliked eachother. I keep going back and forth on this fight so I'm not gonna say either will win. I'm just gonna watch the fight and enjoy it.

5. if he gets cought with a sledge hammer like he hit Heath Herring its wont last long lol ..your probably right mw55 .. im just staying positive … thats all

6. Mir is in overconfident fighter or should i say he talks very confident too much in my opinion. Mir is in for a beating…there is no way i see Lesnar losing this fight…i dont see lesnar making another rookie mistake and allowing a submission…the only way Mir is going to submit Lesnar again is by a bottom half sub, i can tell you right now Mir says he can stand with Lesnar but we all know thats a joke…he says he is trying to nuetralize lesnar by focusing on his standup and ground defense…thats all good and all but i will say it again Couture could hange with him and that shot skiidded off the side of his head and dropped him…that herring fight well i think thats all i have to say about that. I hope lesnar comes out and kills Mir literally…the man is a smack talking and thinks he is Gods gift to MMA…just imaging here we go and lesnar throws a punch, Mir backs off and lesnar throws a right and down goes Mir…lesnar begins ground and pound and the ref stops it after Mir goes limp…Lesnar wins first round ..by the way Mir is stil down and unconscious…Okay so a bit of a long shot but anything can happen. I know one thing Lesnar will Win….he just wants it more and has more to prove.

7. ron shaw says:

i think lesnar did as well as he did in their first fight because he was so agressive. he was so agressive because he was green. he was trying too hard. in the couture fight he was more composed and didn't charge or throw quick punches.

in the next fight hes going to be a lot more composed. i don't know if that a good thing or not. mir didn't know what to do with the guy when he was wild.

8. has evry one else missed this or is it just me, why the fuk is dana white stood on the front of that mag like he is a fighter what a dick that guy is cant wait till his days are up

9. Hahaha. I was laughing at that too. On the best card in UFC history he doesn't feature the fighters on the cover. It's still all about him.

10. True Lesnar isn't going to be as anxious. But I know Mir won't win on the feet and Lesnar will over power him on the ground.

11. Porsche930_Pilot says:

Man allot people are giving up on Frank. Being all beefed up like Lesner isn't a good thing in MMA it makes you slower and awkward. All the best fighters in MMA or other real fight sports are nowhere near as beefed up as Lesner. Sure if he gets a good hard shot in it could be trouble for Frank but I think Mir will be able to avoid that. Speed is just as important if not more important them muscle. So we'll see but it's a mistake to count Mir out already.

12. dane drebin says:

to count out either one of these world class beasts would be a mistake

13. Porsche930_Pilot says:

Absolutely!

14. Cobra Clutch says:

I know this will get flamed, but I need to say it anyways. Let's give props to Dana for taking the sport we all obviously love and making it what it is today. If he wants to exploit that success and make more and more money, then so be it. Without him, these fighters probably wouldn't have a venue like UFC 100 to even showcase their talents. Who cares if Dana is making these biz decisions, and all over the magazine. Look what he accomplished. Let's stop hating on the man. It's his organization that he bought for pennies (relatively speaking) and made it, and MMA in general. It's really only up to him how he wants to run it, and what he wants to do with it. Do you care how people would tell you how to run your business? No. He's been successful, so let's give him his due respect and enjoy the show on the 11th, because that card is absolutely amazing from top to bottom.

15. Proche930_pilot……I dont think your giving Lesnar enough due here. You bring up a good point about muscle vs speed but I think that is actually one of Lesnar's best qualities is that he is so fast for his size. He showed that in the Herring fight how quick he really was. I hope that Mir wins because I think Brock is a cocky dick but I have to put my money on Brock for this fight….of course I said there was no way Mir could beat Brock the first time and he pulled it off so who knows. Brock is the real deal though….if he gets by Mir I don't see anyone who's gonna beat him….Like Couture said after the fight he's just a big sum bitch…..however mark my words when Brock is all done fighting I really think he wont be known as much for his wrestling but for his standup….even a jab by him is enough to knock someone to the ground.

16. Cobra you're right…. they'd all be in Pride instead…. oh wait what?!

Pride > UFC.

Lesnar to win, Frank is WAY WAY overrated.

Drago how can you say Lesnar is cocky then support Mir?! lol irony…

Brock will control this fight, this'll be a repeat of the Vera v Mir fight…. maybe more blood from Mir tho.

17. dane drebin says:

i agree drago but i think shane carwin will be lesnars real test. nobody's laid a heavy bomb on lesnars face and it will be interesting to see how his chin is against a beast like carwin.

18. yea it will be good to see carwin vs lesnar but the only thing is that carwins chin is suspect and i think lesnar will be able to hit him first and that will be it fight over, gonzaga would of beat carwin if he carried on punching him after he rocked him, but at the same time we have yet to see if brocks chin can hold up to a good punch and carwin has got wicked power,

and cobra it aint cos dana has done well with the ufc thats all good stuff its the fact its ufc 100 and and the guy is posing like he is a fighter when he aint thats like me posing on the front of a mag as a golfer when i aint one, the guy is a dick

19. That is true dane……Carwin will be tough….I would almost say he is next in line now that Congo lost. They do say though that the bigger your head is the better punch you can take….So for example Brock should be able to take a punch better than Cro cop. But when you get two guys like Carwin and Lesnar who punch that hard I dont think it matters.

20. dane drebin says:

oh ya for sure i would think brock has a good chin but sapp has a huge head and has a horrible chin so who knows carwin will definetly test it tho.

21. We cannot at all take lesnar lightly. Freakish size and amazing wrestling talent are props earned and due to him. I know he is working his butt off on strikes and trying to get some jitz defense down. Even so, wrestling is a great jitz defense all on it's own but I was reading above at some of the comments about how Lesnar will not make rookie mistakes again and what we have to bear in mind is that he has a better than average chance to beat most guys out of pure athleticism and strength alone. He beat Couture by out wrestling him when it counted and just out powering him and smacking the crap out of him the rest of the time. But, he is still a rookie… his 4 or so matches have not made him some wiley veteran of the octagon so be wary when you are talking about what he will not get himself caught up in. Mir never lost his belt. He was in an accident, he tried to come back too quickly and looked pretty bad in his first couple of showings (Brandon Vera for example) but he has looked fantastic his last couple of outings and he seems to be getting more confidence now that he has a jitz coach as opposed to trying to be his own coach. I am picking Mir, I think it is gonna be a great fight!

22. Jim Ford says: