UFC 100 Lesnar vs Mir 2 Results LIVE

lensnar vs mir 2 weigh-in

UFC 100 “Lesnar vs Mir 2″ live from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas – Two titles are on the line, UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar defends his title against the man that gave him his first and only professional loss, Frank Mir in what should be an explosive battle of heavyweights, and UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre will try to defend his title against Brazilian brawler Thiago “Pitbull” Alves. Also, TUF 9 coaches Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson will face each other, in a UFC middleweight top contender fight.

CageToday.com will have live results of the undercards, starting at 8pm EST.

MAIN CARD

PRELIMINARY CARD

Comments

1. Its pretty obvious that season 10 of TUF has been cast with Brock in mind. They don't fight to get on the show. There a several football and prior UFC fighters.

Wish they could show all the fights or the good ones afterwards at least.

GSP pulled his groin and it really hurt alot, really bad, pulled his groin, not sure why that bugs me but the guy really is a proffesional and he is a great sportsman. And seems to like his suits.

I don't care for Brocks antics either but I he probably is serious when he says he doesn't care what people think. I don't think he is concerned about the money, I think he really just wants to fight. I hope the "Dana Chat" sunk through his thick skull. Where is that blog? now that would be fun to watch!

I agree they need to look at the weight classes, maybe a HUGE MF class or something for the over 250's

2. Brock, sad to say, proved me wrong. I was for Mir. His ground-and-pound got better. But im still not diggin' his smother style. I'd like to see him fight someone with actual wrestling skills and can size-up with him like Velasquez or Lashley. I really think those two will test Brock. Also Brock also proved another thing, he's a bigger douche than i expected his doucheness in the beginning. What a dbag. I really believe Dana isn't mad at all. I bet he's pretending to be mad but deep down, he's loving it. A villain means money in the bank.

I expected GSP to win BUT DAAAAMN. Demolition of Alves. hahaha. Sick wrestler.

Hendo = awesome

Bisping = annoying loud-mouth

3. also, Dane, I agree with your post, just like some BJ penn fight where he talks all kinds of cmakc about how I hate so an so my mommy hates so and so bla bla bla, After the fight there all buddies. Whatever, if I hate ya I really hate ya, you kick my ass I still hate you, matter of fact I may just hate you more for kicking my ass!! And I am going to get my mom to hate you to!!

I generally ignore all the trash talking before a fight since thats what it is, so some one shows that he really was pissed and now people want to hate on him. its like hey WTF you can act like you hate him but don't really hate them!! It like WWF hate maybe just entertainment smack talking.

So from now on just pretend you see a small line at the bottom of the screen that says:

**I don't really dislike ______ I just want to sell somemore tickets and PPV**

4. Good point TAZKE. That might be true in most fights. I don't think so in Brock's case. Sorry, i really hate him. hahaha

5. After everything Mir said I understand why he was jacked up after the fight. After watching the post fight press conference I felt a lot better about Lesnar's actions.

Love Brock or hate him he has definitely spiced up a boring HW Div.

6. Mike how can machia already b #2 best p4p fighter?

He hasent even def his titel yet once anything can happen in his next fight.

And people forget that people have feelings no matter how yu are or what yu do. And it they get hurt in what way f@ck yeah that youre gonne flip sombody the bird and talk shit or act angry in what way yu feel fit.

C'mon people yu really think dana was pissed at brock for what he said hahaha .

Think twice al eye's on the ufc now and that what dana want all eyes on us :D

7. Nichole, what was Brock saying before the fight that got people to hate on him? I did not recall Lesnar talking any trash really before the fight. Mir talked a bunch of shit before fight, making fun of Brock and his WWE past. When Brock won all he said to Mir was "Talk all the shit you want now". I thought Mir got what he deserved. And when the whole world is hating on you like they were Brock. Brock felt like f*ck the world and flipped off the crowd. I admit he should of just celebrated and not did that and not talk shit but, i can see where he's coming from.

Lesnar's SMOTHERING as everyone is saying, was the most brutal Ground and Pound, I've ever seen. So quit saying that and GSP did the same thing and just layed on Alves. But, GSP didn't even do half as well as Brock and his ground and pound on the ground. Why isn't anyone talking shit about the way that boring, a**hole, GSP fought?

If Dana can get Fedor to come fight in the UFC, Fedor and Lesnar would be huge matchup. I would love to see that fight. I believe Fedor would probably win though by TKO or sub. But i would want Brock to win. I just want to see somebody kick Fedor's ass.

8. i had a feeling Coleman was going to take Bonner i didnt watch it was he anygood or was Bonner that bad

?

9. colman vs bonnar..sucked

10. Everyone bags on lesnar but you know hes all jacked up after a fight and he was getting booed and i wouldnt touch gloves with mir either after all the mouth runnin he was doing. So if he flips the fans or me off in the heat of the moment, i really don't care. I dont think GSP's fight was boring either he had a game plan stuck to it and dominated the fight. I agree with whodini I wanted to see the Bonner fight and I cannot believe coleman won.

11. Dan said if he doesnt get his Tittle shoot vs Silva he will be moving up to 205… i hope he gets his Rematch with silva

12. Nichole Lesniak says:

Kash – OMG – I though Lesnar looked familiar! lol Think he went home and laid in the middle of the road?

Tim – If smothering were a "skill", anyone could learn it. Maybe I'm going to the wrong gym, but it's not something you train in. It's just using your size to lay on someone and hold them there. Not gonna see Penn or Sherk or Silva doing that. And to answer your question, I don't care what people say about me. And I wouldn't go around giving people the finger or bashing my boss's sponsor either.

donio – Yes, I think Dana was pissed at Brock. Bud is the UFC's biggest sponsor – you don't want to piss them off. Bud pays UFC, UFC pays Brock. Wrong people to bad mouth.

zack – After the last fight, Lesnar called Mir's win lucky, among other things. And if you watched the countdown videos, it's not like he was praising Mir.

And you're right, GSP didn't do HALF as well, he did better. GSP actually WRESTLED.

13. Nichole, I dont know what fights you were watching but, Lesnars ground n pound was a hell of a lot better than GSP's. GSP just layed on Alves and did pretty much nothing the entire fight. He just held Alves down to prevent him from standing back up to avoid the stand up and won a boring decision. Brock on the other hand, finished Mir with absolute brutal ground n pound. Did you see Mir's face after the first round and after the fight. Mir didn't even looked like the same guy that entered the cage, his face was a complete swollen mess.

14. some of you guys in here were rooting for Mir. where are you guys?? please get off mir's nuts now!

15. Nic do yu know how many ppv the shold that night ?

Littel things like that wont make the man upset Dana knows the game . I really think he sad somthing like brock just say sorry and blabblablabla .

16. Nichole Lesniak says:

So let me get this straight – you give Lesnar credit for breaking down Mir's game and exploiting his weakness, but you don't give GSP credit for doing the same?

All Lesnar did was throw all his weight on Mir and punch him. At least GSP attempted submissions…oh, Lesnar doesn't know what those are!

donio – Losing sponsors upsets Dana. Especially since so many sponsors are already pissed at Dana. No sponsors, no money. It's a business.

17. Nichole, Pierre DIDNT DO ANYTHING ON THE GROUND but lay on Thiago for 5 boring rounds and GSP was hardly attempting any submissions and the ones he did Alves was never in real serious danger. GSP was really never trying to finish Alves. He got what he wanted and that was to win a decision. Lesnar on the other hand, went in there and wanted to pound Mir and finish him off brutally and that he did. I hate and do not respect fighters that just stall fights to make them go to a decision, like GSP.

18. other derek says:

we gotta keep this post going and break the all time record

19. other derek says:

and i agree with everything zack had said on post 107

20. other derek says:

nichole where do u train?

21. Not to brag about myself but, all of my 5 main bout fights predictions were COMPLETELY RIGHT with the all the rounds, stoppages and decisions correct. Damn i'm good…LOL

If you do not believe me check out the Post:

UFC weigh in Results LIVE – zack comment # 10

If you have time.

Damn, i guess i should have bet some money…LOL

22. other derek says:

bows down to zack …..LOL

23. other derek says:

your just too good

24. Thank you, O derek. I guess, i'm physic or just know know a lot about MMA… LOL

25. What the fuck do you want Brock to do?

At least he can finish a fucking fight, yeah GSP actually wrestles, Brock beats the shit out of his opponents on the ground, he doesn't just grind out a decision. So biased, my god.

Oh yeah, so he should allow Mir enough space while in half-guard so he can use his black belt in BJJ, or he could keep close, tuck Mir's head and punch him into a coma. GET OFF MIR'S NUTS.

The after fight behavior was bad, I'll agree with that, but maybe Mir should shut his fucking mouth and train more.

As for GSP, even though I don't like the fact that he always grinds a decision these days, I am a big fan of his and he amazes me, he did completely break Thiago's offense, i don't know if anybody can beat him right now. His striking is so varied and fast, takes down opponents at will, truly awesome.

One more thing, Nichole, no offense, but have you watched all the old UFC's? If you think Brock smothers people, you should watch a bunch of the old shows when the ground game would usually break down into running each other out of breath from guard for a half hour. Brock doesn't smother, he neutralizes.

26. I agree, Bob. Nichole should watch the Gracie/Shamrock fight at UFC 5, if she thinks Brock smothers. Shamrock SMOTHERED Royce for 36 minutes. It was the worst and most boring fight, I've probably ever seen.

Brock doesn't smother people, he pounds them out brutally and violently.

27. EXACTLY, Thank you. Thats the one, also the Shamrock/Severn that went the distance, my god! I enjoy a good technical ground fight, Matt Hughes is one of my favorites after all, but WOW 36 minutes of laying in guard unable to do ANYTHING.

28. I said it before and I still wish Mir won. I just like his fighting style better. That said, I think Lesnar has shown leaps and bounds in his self control (during the fight, not after obviously). He didn't rush in, and when he was on the ground he made sure not to posture up to far for respect of mir's jiu jitsu.

I don't think mir vs lesnar 1 was a fluke. I think it was an experienced fighter vs an inexperienced one. It was a learning experience for Brock and I actually don't think mir learned anything from that fight. Hopefully he did from this fight and will work on his takedown D.

For all of you fools hatin on GSP, did you see Alves' face after the fight. It was swollen and bruised almost to the point that he was unrecognizable. That means he was obviously doing something on the ground. Mostly elbows, but he opened Alves' nose up w/2 straight shots to the face.

Agree w/everyone about hendo vs bisping. Sick ko.

29. Dude, you da foo, for liking that a**hole GSP….

30. Why is Gsp an asshole? Because he wins? Because he is the best wrestler who never wrestled? Because he beat thiago alves, who is way stronger than him, by keeping him on the ground? Because stylistically speaking he can beat anderson silva? I think the reason everyone's callin gsp an asshole is because he is one of the current best, and whoever their lame-ass favorite is can't beat him.

You can't hate him for being canadian. When was the last time anything good came out of canada?

31. well i want to see GSP finish fights. GSP is an awesome stand up guy and i know he has knock out power as well and awesome submissions. this what i figured out. Anderson and him have been strange lately. I guess when you are a champion you try not to lose and be very cautious. Anderson and GSP are being very cautiois and are not letting everything hang out

32. what was wrong with mir???? he wasnt sharp and aggresive like we saw him against NOG. everybody was expecting a Rejuvinated Frank MIr. whats your guys thoughts

33. what is Wrong with Mir? he sucks. always did, he fought a sick Nog who is OK stand up at best (i mean throw him in with a decent striker 95% of the time he loses striking)

Why hate GSP? i guess its his Accent or his "greasing".. oh and Jim Carrey came out of Canada.

if GSP hadn't taken Alves down and GnP'd him for most of the fight, i think that he'd have been beaten, but GSP is well rounded (Wrestling being his strong point).

GSP's style matches Anderson's and i think he'd beat him, but i doubt he'd beat Fedor (P4P wise).

34. dane drebin says:

nchole saying smothering isnt a skill… hmmm tell that to gsp thats all he did for five rounds. brock finished mis in less than 2 rounds. people on this site are so butt hurt that mir lost i love it. and its funny how people say all brock does is wrestle he's out struck every opponent get off the hate wagon and accept that brocks here to stay u losers.

35. dane drebin says:

and i guess it is a skill seeing as he won the championship with his smothering style

36. I like that Dana White is confident that Fedor will be in the UFC. I think he really wants to set up Fedor vs Brock. I think if that match got set up that Fedor would be in trouble. I know he's good at submissions and all that but Brock is so damn strong. I also know that Fedor has fought strong people before but not like Brock. Not as strong and fast.

37. GSP is an asshole because he trys not to lose, instead of fighting to win. He would have probably been KO'd if he had kept the fight standing against Thiago. Everyone says GSP is one the best stand up fighters. Well, why does he continue to hold people down on the mat like his last opponents Serra, Fitch, BJ and Alves and not stand up with them? He's scared of getting KO'd again, that why.

38. I agree with Nichole, but I'm not even gonna try to fight it. I could really give a shit less if Mir lived for 1000 years or died tomorrow, so I'm not on his nuts. I don't like GSP either. SMOTHERING SUCKS. I don't like to see anyone do it. It makes for a boring fight. If Brock would improve his game I would respect him more, but honestly, I think he looks the same as when he speared Herring in round one. So he can punch hard. Kimbo can punch hard too. Doesn't mean I'm gonna want to start watching him fight. He is still 4-1, which is pretty good, but it's an immature record. There are other hard hitters that could knock Brock out too, in fact, I don't even think he is the hardest hitter. He has rocked some guys, but has he actually knocked anyone out with one punch?

39. Anthony rumble johnson is a beast Dana need 2 give him tough fights like jon fitch so he can earn a title shot hes the best striker in the welterweight division and he has a damn good ground game. Other than a p4p fight with silva hes the only fighter that could test GSP.