Tito Ortiz Makes Amends With The UFC and Dana White

ufc85 tito ortiz vs dana white

Tito Ortiz on the Tapout Radio Show,

“I’m very thankful for Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta from the UFC and I’m glad that me and Dana kind of got to brush each other off. We may not still like each other or whatever but we came to amends, which is awesome. I gotta thank Strikeforce for giving me an opportunity and I want to thank Affliction for giving me an opportunity.”

It looks like Tito Ortiz came to the realization that Strikeforce and Affliction were not going to be able to pay him what he thinks he’s worth. With the help (Begged) Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta, Tito claims he and Dana White have made up. While Ortiz is not even a player in the light heavyweight division, he can still draws fans. He’s only 34 and with his new back, can this be the opportunity he needs to get back on top. Look out for Tito Ortiz coming to an Octagon near you, Fall 2009.

UPDATE
titodanalovetwitter

Comments

1. Are you serious? We might see that bleach blond, monkey back in the UFC….OMG, he sucks and i don't think he really has any fans out there or anyone that even really likes him, period. Tito is a one trick pony, take you down and ground n pound you. The only problem with that is Tito takedowns suck now and are very slow, his ground n pound is still pretty good. I think he's never goin beat even the mid class fighters in the UFC Light Heavyweight division, if he decides to come back and if Dana wants to bring his stupid ass back.

2. i am no fan of his, but this is a smart move on there part.he would be a big impact for a different org and thats probally why they resigned him like him or not he is a big draw and he isn't really that bad he beat forrest should have beat rashad and gave machida his best fight in the ufc and thats the last 3 champs so he can hang with the top guys in the ufc.

3. Yeah, hang with them but not beat them. Everyone knows he should of lost that fight with Forrest. Forrest got robbed that night and the fights with Machida and Evans, Tito did practically no damage to either of them. I really don't want to see that blond monkey back in the UFC, maybe some other org. where he might be able to do something.

4. maybe jenna jameson can be like holly madison and be the new ring girl! tsk tsk jenna. she is probably looser than a wizard's sleeve now.

5. Cobra Clutch says:

yeah, derek, then the entire front row can get hepatitis B.

6. Yeah, who would want her being next to you? She's had more weiners in her than an Oscar Myer Factory…LOL

7. dane drebin says:

tito is way underrated he beat forest which i think he won he sealed the deal with take downs in the last round. he should have beat rashad. rashad was getting tooled in the first 2 rounds. and he did a lot better than rashad did against the current champ almost submitting him. thats a lt better then rashad getting knocked the fuck out. who knows if titos back is healed his shot might be a lot more powerful and his whole game might improve. i think hes a lot like brock lesnar people dont like his personality so they say he has no skill. im not friends with any ufc fighters i just like watching them fight so i could care less about who tey are as a person. i enjoy watching tito fight and im happy hes back in the ufcs crazy deep 205 division.

8. other derek says:

franklin vs tito ortiz maybe headline ufc 103??????

9. I'm not so sure that Tito's back in the UFC, quite yet.

But, Tito might do okay against the mid level fighters at 205 but he's never going to be able to beat the elite in the division and I dont say he has no skills because i don't like him, i dont like him becauses he's an asshole but, its because he really doesn't have the skills, good enough to compete with the elite in the UFC. Tito should stick with something that he's good at and that is being a commentator.

10. the thing with tito is he is a great fighter with excellent cardio and best ground and pound. Tito did not evolve as a fighter and from i heard he never wanted to learn anything new. he should have fine tuned all of his skills. He should have not been so arrogant and should have focused on improving his game

11. i don't think tito can be a top contender in the LHW anymore. first off, machida is champ. and he already beat tito. second, i think rashad evans would beat him in the rematch. third, other guys like forrest, rampage, wanderlei, etc would be great matches for tito. tito has little hope of winning any of those. last, but most importantly, tito won't be able to focus on training. we all know fighters take a vow of celibacy for the duration of their training camp. with a wife that is jenna jameson, who can resist??

12. dane drebin says:

i think tito has a lot more fight left in him than chuck lidell does. tito could beat jardine, thiago silva, has a good chance at beating franklin if he gets him down, went to a draw with rashad, wand would be a good match still, and many many more. he's gunna be a lot more competitive than people are giving him credit for.

zack do u consider forest and rashad elite 205'rs? because tito more than hung with them. people act like it was so long ago that tito was ragdolling rashads ass around the ring it wasnt very long at all.

13. dane drebin says:

it was only a few fights ago u dont improve that much in a few fights.

14. tito schooled rashad and forrest in the first round and than faded as the fight went on, and that was with his bad back if his back is in good shape he can hang with the top guys, beat machida probally not but not many others will either.

15. I think this could actually be kind of cool. Hopefully with this new contract comes the old tito that was a much better fighter. I wouldn't say he totally sucked at the end of his UFC career, but he definately wasn't what he was.

16. i don't think it was that he got worse as much as the new talent and people getting better. i don't see him beating the best guys but probally anyone under them yes. rampage,shogun,machida no forrest jardine yes rashad may be better than him now too. but the good thing is hopefully we will get to see.

17. Yeah, dane drebin. I believe Forrest and Rashad to be elite now but not when they Tito fought a couple of years ago when Forrest and Rashad were both just starting out in the UFC. Tito did not own Rashad when they fought, Tito barely did any damage to him. He did cheat a bunch of times by holding the cage to prevent Rashad from standing up because Tito was just holding him down. If that what you mean by ragdolling..

I, guess??? That's the best Tito's got, barely winning a decision and losing a decision to two up and comers that havn't even began to reached there peak? Yeah,Tito Sucks

18. he must need a paycheck… lol …. someone pay attention to me .. i am someone …dont believe me just ask him

19. I don't know how UFC 100 didn't beat it but Tito/Liddell II is still the biggest grossing UFC in history. It makes sense for the UFC especially with Liddell sidelined. They need another marketable fighter in the Light Heavy division.

20. Mike Rotch says:

Tito does seem to me to have lost that 'x factor' which a fighter needs to be in the elite. Whether its cause he's put on bulk or cause he's not a youngster anymore, I'm not sure but either way he's lost the speed, explosiveness and surprise factor which characterized the old, amazing Tito. Anyone remember the way he ate a flying knee from Yuki Kondo and stood straight back up? or the way he basically beat Guy Mezger in that early UFC (if the ref hadn't unfairly stopped it) while he was just a college student? Anyway in my opinion he would still be in the top five light heavyweights, its not any lack of ability on his part that makes me not want to see him fight, nor because of his character, its simply that he just seems boring now, I'd rather watch exciting fights, I don't get excited when he knocks someone out, nor do I get excited when he gets beaten. I am numb to him! I felt sorry for him a bit after watching his comments a few months ago about Dana and how he felt that he'd been wronged by the UFC, but with JJ for his wife I can't feel too sorry for him! If I was him, I wouldn't get out of bed!

21. I'm not that excited to watch Tito either but for some reason he sells PPV's. IMO he's more entertaining when he's not fighting. I don't know the specifics but Tito's got like three PPVs that have grossed in the top 5 for the UFC. Now what they'll do is put him against a fighter that he'll look pretty good against and he'll be in the loop again. I hope he comes back a different fighter. New camp, fixed injuries, whatever. I hope he brings more to his fights.

22. Mike Rotch says:

…in fact what am I saying – surely the stats should be what we judge fighters by in terms of their superiority over one another. Tito has an MMA record of 15-6-1 (and I'd personally dispute the loss to Mezger anyway) the other four losses being only to Randy, Chuck and Frank Shamrock. I think his losses to Randy and Chuck were due to a specific psychological barrier which Tito was unable to overcome – i.e. seeing them as the two classic undefeatable old-school heroes of UFC. The worst I could say about him is that he hasn't fought many fights lately, but thats due to a combination of his back problems, and Dana not giving him fights – then he can't prove himself, he can't stay fresh in peoples minds, he gets forgotten. Dana effectively has Tito's career in a rear-naked choke (as he does all but the very best fighters) and its good to hear that it seems that Dana has eased up a bit, and allowed the breath of life back into Tito's career, its only fair I think. After all, some of the comments here are bad mouthing him and doubting his ability compared to other light heavyweights, some of whom he has never even fought!! (i.e. Rampage & Shogun) and others who he has beaten!!! (i.e. Forrest & Wanderlei) how the hell does that make sense? Innocent until proven gulity, surely? I mean ok, currently the stats tell us that Machida is better than him, and Rashad about on a par with him, that still makes him statistically in the top two or three of the light heavyweight division! Surely he should be allowed to prove himself through the outcomes of his fights, not mere speculation. For that reason, however boring I find him, I'm glad Dana appears to have given him another contract. Who knows, if his back was slowing him down previously, then he might even once again show us the crazy spark of the old Tito in the flame shorts that used to strike excitement into me when I saw him leaping in the air in the octagon, before he suddenly inflicted unholy carnage on some self-proclamed hard-ass and left them wondering what just happened.

23. paycheck? tito is not doing it for the money. from all the dicks she has milked, jenna is definitely richer. tito is making a comeback to make his legacy. he doesn't want to go out as the fighter who didn't make good with the ufc. did you guys see the top 100 ufc fights? none of tito's fights were in the top 100. that's complete bullocks.

24. They showed Tito getting KO'd by Chuck in the UFC top 100…LOL

25. ok Tito is 34. his window of oppurtunity has passed by. I think if he can mentally be ready now he could still hang with them. But believe me it is about the money. Tito is still popular he got paid good for his fights. He got 200k to fight Machida and Chuck

26. Tito is defintely not the same kid that came out picked up Evan Tanner and slammed him unconscious but he can still put up a fight with most of the top guys in the 205 lb division. Really he beat Evans but was robbed. Fought Forrest and won a close decision. Was overwhlemed by Machida buy he did better than Rashad did against him. Not sure how those fights leave you out of contention as much as you guys act. He beats Franklin and another big name he could get a title shot. If you can make money with him they will. He is HUGE as far as fan base is concerned thats why they are gonna have him on ufc 103. The PPV that goes head to head with Marquez vs mayweather.

27. you haters who trash talk about Tito probably just barely started getting into MMA, because only OGs know that Tito is one of the founding pioneers of making MMA what it is today. As for bashing Jenna, like you idiots wouldnt give anything for a shot at her, not taking into account of your trailer park below-average-looking better halves.