Tim Sylvia vs Ray Mercer Fight Video

Tim Sylvia’s KO loss to Ray Mercer at Adrenaline 3 “Bragging Rights”.

props NextMMAFighter

Comments

1. Hahaha. Tim Silvia sucks big time.

2. the one says:

Tim Blows! He is so fat now that he is not in the UFC. Kimbo put this guy away.

3. what a loser he shoud stop eating babies and lose weight

4. dane drebin says:

hahahahahahaha ray mercer vs fedor 2010 lmfao hahahahahhahahahahahahfuckinghahhaahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

5. dane drebin says:

does anyone like else besides myself like the fact that andrei got ko'd by grim and sylvia got ko'd by mercer… makes fedor have to come to the ufc to prove himself i love it. i wanna see fedor in the ufc by next year

6. patrick bateman says:

fuck yes arlovski and sylvia should fight a fourth time in so you think you can fight with big gloves and head gear

7. other derek says:

dane drebin lol……totally agree

8. hahahah AA vs Tim 4 would be good

9. Dane Drebin and Other Derek, you morons do know that Arlovski and Sylvia were both UFC Heavyweight CHAMPIONS, right? Tim Sylvia beat Vera in one of his last UFC matches. Brandon Vera beat Frank Mir. So by your same logic, the UFC must be REALLY weak. Why the hell would Fedor need to come to a weaker heavyweight division when he can fight anyone else in the world right now? You guys epitomize what it means to be an ignorant UFC fanatic.

10. Tim Sylvia got lucky in his first win against Arlovski, and in the second both just stared at each-other and only cause Slyvia was the champion he got the Win. (i think the last fight between them should have been a draw, it was that boring).

11. Honestly …How many people thought Tim Would Lose?

i Don't like Tim at all but i still thought he would beat up Fucking Ray Mercer…… Tim Sylvia 0-2 vs Senoir citizens.!!!

this guy needs to hand them up….

12. hahahaha

13. Mercer wanted a genltemen's agreement to keep it standing and Tim ignored that agreement even though Tim was the one who called out mercer for a BOXING match.

Tim's a douche and he deserves that KO.

I hope he goes back to Maine and rots there.

14. WHODINI says:

no big supprise

15. I'm suprised nobody is talking about the big issue here. What does this take away from Fedor? I mean Tim just got destroyed faster by an over the hill, semi-retired boxer than Fedor. Also Brett Rogers destroyed AA way quicker than Fedor did as well. Somebody has to get whats going on eventually. Fedor is getting the washed up guys. One was never good in the first place (won the championship when the HW division was the weakest) and the other has a chin more fragile than glass.

I just think this should be called to the forefront. O and I really dont think Fedor beating Barnett is gonna prove anything either. Barnett should have subbed Yvel in the first round. He didn't impress at all in that fight.

I don't think Fedor deserves the #1 p4p ranking. I think that honor has to go to GSP or A. Silva. Just my opinion. I can't wait to here the criticism

16. honestly, fedor has no real competition outside of the UFC. he needs to come to the UFC to see where he stacks up. all the good comp is in the UFC — from cain to shane to brock to frank mir. those are all better fighters than no chin AA, boring barnett, and glass jaw tim sylvia.

17. I predict Tim Sylvia will commit suicide within a year. That's the only thing left for him. Tim please stay out of Maine, I may want to move back there someday. This officially makes Fedors "wins" over Tim and AA a joke. I can't wait to see Fedor get KTFO by a fat Josh Barnett.

18. To Chance,

I understand your disdain for Fedor because he won't sign with UFC but facts are facts. He has beaten everyone they have put in front of him except for the one who cut him early in his career. No UFC champion can ever say that. Your GSP was knocked out easily by a fighter he should have easily outclassed. He was beaten by a Matt Hughes who was nowhere in his prime. Sylva was submitted by a guy who he was dominating and although he walks around as a heavyweight (220lbs) he fights as a middleweight. Fedor is 6' 230lbs and is in no way shape or form a body builder like many of the UFC characters who fight. He could probably cut down to LHW easily and possibly fight as a middleweight and who in any of those divisions could stand with him??? That is what makes a fighter the best pound for pound in the world. If Sylva's natural weight was 185 he would get my vote for it. If GSP's natural weight was 170 (he walks around at 195) he would get my vote. They cut to fight smaller opponents therefore, by my standards, they don't get the nod over Fedor.

19. Great Points David – I agree…. Fedor is amazing… But I have been saying for a while that if he's coming to the UFC he should do it ASAP because the new breed of fighters are much better than 5 years ago – just look at how the old pride elite have fared in recent year…

I would be most interested in seeing Fedor at LHW in the UFC – Great match ups there (Machida & Anderson Silva)… plus it's much more realistic considering his size!

On a side point I think its just a matter of time until the UFC intrduces some new weight classes or alters the weights… What about;

146 to 155 Lightweight

156 to 170 Welterweight

171 to 190 Middleweight

191 to 210 Light Heavy Weight

211 to 230 Heavyweight or Crusier

231 to 265 Super Heavy Weight

20. I agree with chance. The hw division in the ufc is looking better and better. If fedor wants to go out on top then hurry up and sign a deal. Fight guys like – carwin, cain, brock, mir, congo, ect..

after he beats barnett then who's left outside the ufc?

21. They walk around at what they are comfortable at, it's not a matter of cutting to fight smaller people cuz when silva cuts weight he's smaller then a lot of the middleweight fighters. And he was actually losing the fight vs ryo chonan. Chonan was doing an amazing job and was actually frustrating anderson. Anderson knew he was losing the fight and was setting up for some big shots and combos to try and finish chonan when he got caught with the scissor kick. Great fight all in all. And I agree that fedor would be better off trying the heavyweight div. in ufc then moving on to the star division of ufc.

22. dane drebin says:

david shut up man just because people comment that its strange the two big names fedor just beat got beat by nobodies which is true it doesnt mean that people are hating on fedor. i have watched fedor probably longer than you have so get off your high horse and stop acting like a child calling everyone morons. like T.R. and everyone else whos posted have said the UFC has a lot more fights for fedor. I think anyone who is a true fan of fedor wants him to go to the ufc so that he can silence his critics. after barnette theres only a couple fights i would wanna see him in like overeem. i dont even wanna see him fight Rogers i dont think he deserves it yet. I have said many times fedor is the P4P best but if he wants to keep that eventually he will run out of good fighters to fight outside the ufc and he WILL need to prove it in the octagon.

23. dane drebin says:

dont get me wrong fedor is the greatest of all time and he doesnt need the ufc because he could retire a very wealthy man with a lot of respect without it. but as a true fan i want to see him wear that belt.

24. I think T.R. said it perfectly. The UFC is the one that signing all the up and coming prospects. Honestly the only three fights Fedor has left are all against inferior opponets. Those of course being Rogers, Overeem, and Monson. And even in those 3 fights the first two give him fits standing up (especially Rogers in a year or so) and Monson may be able to grind a decision IF he can get Fedor down

25. Damn dane beat me to his fights left outside of the UFC lol. I just threw in monson cause hes been on somewhat of a tear lately. BS decsion over Nelson and all

26. dane drebin says:

i dont think monson or rogers will have anything for fedor… overeem who knows he's a beast right now

27. don't you think it's funny how Dana White is very disrespectful towards Fedor… but anyone who knows anythng about MMA knows that if/when he signs with the UFC – Dana will Trump him up as the greatest Ever Mixed Martial Artists… P4P King etc!!!

Dane – You're absolutley right – Fedor coming to the UFC would be fantastic for MMA fans – I, for one would be very pleased – but, He doesn't need to prove anything

Like I posted before – I think he'd be better off at LWH – The weight range at heavyweight is too big – Especially when you have Lesnars and Carwins cutting to 265! I think Fedor fights at around 220 (and he's carrying puppy fat)

28. Dane,

I really don't think we know how good rogers really is yet. I know his fight b4 the AA fight was less than impressive but he just walked through AA. I think Overeem/Rogers is gonna tell us alot about Rogers new skill set. If Rogers beats Overeem I have to see him as the next shot at Fedor.

Monson may get a shot after Barnett though because who else is there? If the Overeem/Rogers fight happens they don't have anyone else to put Fedor against for a while. You may very well be right about Monson not having anything for him though

29. dane drebin says:

i totally agree with you chance but a quick knockout doesnt impress me as much as say if he dominated arlovski for 5 minutes then finished him off. with those little gloves anyone can get a KO but i agree if he beats overeem which i dont thinki he will he should face fedor.

30. Mercer called out butterbean after this fight. bahahahahaha.

31. Losing 1 fight doesnt mean you are trash like everyone seems to think. I understand its bad that AA got flash TKO'd and Sylvia got KO'd in only like 8 seconds but this doesnt mean that they are both terrible fighters. Brett rogers is still UNDEFEATED. Ray Mercer has a punch that could knock anyone out. Its obvious Tim took this shit lightly. He saw Mercer get raped by kimbo and so he thought he could get fat as hell and not train and still beat Mercer. Well mercer came in shape and landed the punch. Mercer would beat Butterbean for sure. Butterbean has no skills. He has only beat up locals and losers. Look up his fights. Fedors wins are still impressive IMO. AA is a great fighter and still is very good. Sylvia is just so out of shape unles he gets really motivated to get back in shape he is done. Syliva at his best could comepete with the top guys but not now. After Barnett fedor will probally go to dream for a fight or 2 and then sign with the UFC. This is how I see it going down. At HW anyone can be KO'd.

32. patrick bateman says:

Sylvia vs Buentello slated for Affliction 3 probably off i bet

33. dane drebin says:

sylvia took mercer lightly does anyone else see the irony in that as he weighed 310 pounds

34. I don't like Tim Sylvia and him getting KO'd doesn't surprise me, the only thing that surprises me is how fast it happened. I have never thought Tim Sylvia was really that good other than his reach. I know a lot of you think he is a great kickboxer, but I have never thought that way. I think his reach advantage carried him through his career.

35. whodini says:

Tims lazy left hook left him open

36. whodini says:

Randy did the same thing to him

37. i said mercer would win, the only thing that could have lost this fight for him was his age but it didn't play a factor in 9 seconds.tim did not take this fight serious but if he came in shape would lose again in a boxing match, in mma you would probally see him shoot for the first time in his career.

38. as far as fedor this dosn't mean much(although of course i want him in the ufc), it would say worse than about the people tim and aa beat in the ufc.i agree with steve aa and tim got caught not taking the fight serious. tim is done aa will be back.tim was supposed to fight buentello in the next affliction i bet that is off now.

39. Shogun of Harlem says:

what happened i blinked and i missed the fight

40. NW Okie says:

Aright, tim has bein done for a while and AA was done the 2nd time he fought Tim. While a lot of you that dis the ufc are the same that said kimbo was the greatest and now even kimbo knows if you wanna be the best you have to beat the best in the ufc (and we'll see how he does in TUF). The best used to be pride, but now all the pride fighters have bein KO'd in the ufc you have to say ufc is the toughest mma. Fedor may have bein able to say we WAS the greatest. But Fedor is getting old!!! he cant cut down to LHW at his age. Fedor is so old now i can see him loosing to barnett by stamina alone. and Barnett sucks!! if fedor wins he needs to make his next 2 fights in the ufc or get out of fighting. I am a fedor fan but im pissed he'd rather fight chumps than for something real

41. dane drebin says:

NW okie i dont know a single person that has ever said kimbo is the greatest so i dont know what your even talking about

42. Cobra Clutch says:

Dane, I'm not sure NW Okie knows what he's saying. hahaha "…Tim has bein done for a while…" is that even English? They do speak English in Oklahoma, right? I know it's cow-country, but they do have school which teach spelling, capitalization, punctuation, right? Maybe I'm wrong.

43. Nichole Lesniak says:

Huh? Fedor is old, but Barnett isn't?

NW – do you realize that Fedor is only a year older?

44. anonetimfan says:

TIIIIIMMMMMbbbbbeeerrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!

45. G-Nasty says:

Really? It seems every dang video, no matter what or who's fighting, that somebody has to start talking about Fedor. Sure he's one of my favorite mma fighters, but honestly? Stay on topic for christ's sake.