The Ultimate Fighter 7: Week 11 Recap

The night that begins the semis begins with scenes from last week’s episode. Jesse Taylor outlasts Dante Rivera to earn a place in the semis (which Jesse almost loses when Jeremy May almost goads Jesse into hitting him). Then Tim Credeur is able to submit Dan Cramer with a first round heel hook to move him into the next round. In Dana White’s opinion, the best guys have made it to the final four.

It is decided that the first fight will be Jesse and Tim. While they’re close friends, it is clear that to them, the cage is all business. Forrest then decides that he will corner Jesse (with the help of Matt Brown), while the rest of the coaching staff will corner Tim.

As is TUF tradition, Dana brings on the Coaches Challenge. They go into the casino thinking they’re going to play cards…until they walk on to a basketball court. Forrest is elated (he played ball in high school), while Rampage basically admits that he sucks. The challenge: Ultimate Fighter Horse. The winning coach gets $10,000; the fighters each get a grand. Dana ups the ante and offers to double the fighters’ money if Rampage can nail a three….and somehow he pulls it out of nowhere and does it! But…it goes all down hill for Rampage from there — he totally stinks up the court, while Forrest is on fire. He even ends it with a sweet dunk (so white men can jump?) and Rampage just gives in. On the game, Dana says “I don’t know if Forrest wanted the $10,000 or if he just wanted to beat Rampage, but he was dead fucking serious.” No freakin’ kidding.

Back at the house…Jesse gets a hair cut and gets — get this — half of a dollar sign shaved into the back of his hair. This is part of his new persona — JT Money. To top it off, he starts a sober rant, but it’s nothing but gibberish coming out of his mouth. Yes…I said sober.

But, then the Jaeger begins to flow…Tim doesn’t really drink, which is lucky for him because the house goes from 0 to Animal House in nothing flat. The shots are flowing and all the guys are downing beers left and right. There are a lot of shots of Jesse acting like a drunken frat boy. He’s running and jumping everywhere — turns into Coco the Monkey says Amir — and is zipping through the house with a bottle of vodka tucked under his arm like a football. Finally, Tim tries to be the voice of reason and calm Jesse down and sober him up by getting in the pool. Jesse changes into his shorts, then stands on the living room carpet and pisses his pants (Déjà vu anyone?). He then gets in the hot tub and keeps himself underwater because he doesn’t wanna get out of the hot tub. Yeah, he’s pretty much trying to drown himself. Drunk. Before a fight. Tim has to physically drag him out. And yet somehow, the next day, Jesse is not even hung-over. WTF??

At the Team Forrest Training Session the next day, both fighters give each other a lot of props. It is pretty much the consensus that Jesse is a great wrestler, but that Tim has better jiu jitsu. Tim is even kind enough to give Jess advice on how to avoid the triangle because he wants to beat the best Jesse possible.

When interviewed back at the house, both guys are very emotional. Jesse’s motivation is his 3 year-old son. He says he never realized how much he would miss him. Tim, on the other hand, has his wife to thank. After 10 years of not winning, he was about to retire. His wife convinced him to stick with it. She showed him that good things happen to good people — and now he’s in the final four. Go figure.

FIGHT DAY
3 Five-minute rounds

ROUND 1
Both seem a bit tentative and start it standing up. Taylor gets the take down and begins his typical ground-n-pound. Credeur does a good job at covering his head and blocking. Credeur is able to get head control. But Taylor is still able to land some great shots to Credeur’s head. Taylor keeps posturing and landing punches. He continues his GNP in full guard. He’s raining down a flood of elbows, forearms and fists. Credeur then gets Taylor’s arm…..Taylor gets out of it and Credeur goes for the triangle, but can’t quite get it. Taylor gets back in full guard and delivers more GNP. He drops several big elbows on Credeur’s face. Credeur keeps trying to posture for a submission but he opens himself up to some serious punches. Credeur is really being punished. He goes for another triangle or an arm, but can’t get it. He ends up back with full guard and, you guessed it, more GNP from Taylor. The round ends with Credeur warding off Taylor’s heavy hands.

ROUND 2
Credeur comes out with a big spinning kick that doesn’t connect. Taylor gets the take down and Credeur immediately goes for an arm, but can’t keep it. Taylor is back in full guard (Gee, this feels familiar!). Taylor continues the punishment where Round 1 left off. Credeur tries to maintain control of Taylor’s head. Taylor is off for a second and Credeur tries to take advantage and find a submission….and Credeur ends up on top in full mount! Taylor rolls and Credeur gets his back. Taylor rolls back over and Credeur still has full mount. Taylor rolls and bucks Credeur off, with Credeur on his back with full guard. Credeur at least tries to kick Taylor off and maneuver out of guard. He uses the fence to turn himself, but not necessarily in a favorable position. Taylor continues his GNP. Credeur swivels on to his side which allows Taylor to pound on his face. Credeur returns to his back and the end rounds with Credeur fending off punches to his face.

ROUND 3
Taylor immediately goes on the offensive and goes for the take down, but Credeur sprawls and avoids it. Eventually Taylor gets Credeur on his back though. Back to the usual…GNP from Taylor. Credeur gets his feet on Taylor’s hips and tries to flip him a couple times. He eventually flips him off and gets Taylor’s back. He almost gets his hooks in but Taylor rolls and gets Credeur on his back and has him in full guard. Credeur manages to get an arm, but Taylor twists out of it. Taylor continues to control Credeur with his barrage of fists and elbows. Credeur finally gets his hooks in, but loses them to more GNP. Credeur throws in some desperate elbows and punches from his back, but Taylor just responds with the same. Credeur makes another armbar attempt, another triangle attempt, but nothing is close to being accomplished. The fight ends with more damage being done to Credeur’s face.

Winner: Jesse Taylor by unanimous decision (30-27; 30-26; 30-26)

The post-fight scenes are the best I’ve seen yet. Dana shares his words of wisdom. Tim’s corner told him not to close his guard, to stay in the butterfly guard. When he was doing that, he looked fantastic. When he didn’t, he was getting his face smashed in. When you’re a good submission guy like Tim, you’re always just one little move away from ending the fight. And he was always thisclose to ending the fight.

And for the priceless moment of the night! Before the winner is announced, Jesse is almost crying as he hugs Tim. At which time, Jesse then runs to the corner and throws up.

Jesse moves on to the finals and will face the winner of the fight between Amir and C.B.
And from the guy who gives us the greatest yakking moment in TUF, we also get the quote of the night. In response to his win, Jesse is stoked that his dream came true and he will be moving on to the finals. The finals are “the icing on the ice cream; I dunno if I said that right.” Yep, that Jesse is a man of words, I tell ya!

In a preview of next week’s episode, the remaining semifinal fight between Amir and C.B. is hyped. But something even bigger is going to happen. We are flashed a scene involving a limo (and what appears to be a broken window)… and it is implied that someone in this limo does something very stupid. That very stupid something gets them kicked out of the finale, and out of the UFC! Who said there’d be no drama this season??

Just a thought…Could it be our dreams may come true? Could it be that Jeremy May’s ridiculous antics will finally catch up to him and make him go away? I don’t know about everyone else, but I will be wishing for it for the next week.

Comments

1. Yeah it wasnt bad. I like this episode especially because JT Money was acting like a fool in the house. I was hoping that Credur would pull out the submission but it was that he did not have enough energy and JT was too strong. I cant wait to see CB and Amir. I hope Jeremy May is the one thats kicked out I hate that guy.

2. i didnt get to see it buy tea taylor won.. i think its going to be to of the best wrestlers in the finals..

3. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Well Dana said whoever messed up that limo is out of the finale so could that mean it's either Jesse or the winner of CB and Amir?

4. i guess CB is going home. his arrogance finally caught up with him.

5. They showed a little different preview on the spiketv website and it looks to me like Jesse Taylor. Given his past with drinking and turning ape shit crazy on the show I am not surprised too much. He was pretty hammered the night before hes fight with Tim Credur.

I knew the guy was a meat-head but how dumb can you be you are weeks away from your UFC/MMA dream and you have to get black-out drunk…again.

Ah well I just wanna see the CB vs Amir that will be great still.

6. Nichole Lesniak says:

I thought so at first, too, Oswald….but…everyone fights in the finale, so it really could be anyone.

7. poopooplatter says:

I was thinking the same thing about the limo scene! I hope Jeremy did finally do something that catches up to him. He aggravates me more and more each week.

8. cb vs amir should be a good one.

9. yeah i hope amir wins but i dont think its going to happen.. because i dont think CB will get cot in a little traingle but idk amir always gets lucky

10. wow i really want to see the final ep because its 90 mins and what is the shock

11. I don't think Dana would kick out any big name fighters from the show. If CB or Jesse did something stupid they would just edit it and keep the show going. If Dana kicks them out of the UFC they just jump to Elite and already have a fan base going…and he wouldn't give them any favors like that.

12. Nicole, no sexism intended but its awesome ur a girl who likes MMA, u fuckin rock!!

13. Let the losing fighters have a car to leave and party. Then see who wants it thats left.

14. mmaFury says:

I think CB is going home. The limo incident occurred while returning from the coach's challenge. Spike posted a video which shows a guy leaving the limo right after the incident. Even though they blurred the guy, you could see he was wearing a light blue jeans and had white shoes. Gues who were dressing that outfit? CB and some other guys but not Amir or Jesse.

15. According to wikipedia, the TUF 7 finale has (aside from the two semi-final winners) these two fights:

Middleweight Bout: Matthew Riddle vs Dante Rivera

Welterweight bout: Matt Arroyo vs. Matt Brown

So, I figure "out of the finale" means that Matt Riddle, Dante or Matt Brown are out. And seriously, Matt Brown is a nut-case, so he's my pick as Limo Puncher McGee.

16. True MMA you don't know the right kind of girls.

All the girls I know like mma.

17. I hope its CB, the guy is just a puke. Or May also reminds me of vomit. The one thing I like about this cast is that theyre are a few gusy that I can see fighting in the UFC. I love to watch Amir, someone said earlier he gets lucky. Well would you say that Mir got lucky against brock lesnar because he was getting his face smashed in. Its part of the fight boys. You gotta bring it until you finish it because your an armbar, kimora, or choke away from going home without a scratch on you with a loss.

18. Nichole Lesniak says:

True – No worries, I don't think it's sexist. I think it's a shame there aren't more women into it. A few of my friends watch, but it's more about hanging out than it is about the fights. They're clueless.

19. T.U.F E12 peak says:

On the 12th show CB Will get kicked off the show. Dania is quoted as saying "how dumb the guy won his two fights and he pulls this shit". But what will CB go home for, tune in on Thursday and find out.(All I can say is that it involves CB kicking out a window of someone`s limo).

20. PoppyNick says:

I really hope it's not CB. I agree the dude is a prick but he's the best guy in the house and I'd hate to see him blow the opportunity. I was really hoping it was Jeremy May!

21. CB is a good fighter and definitely a better wrestler than JT money…but im not a big fan of his anyway his cockiness is too much for me

22. Hey, what are you guys talking about, it isn't CB! There are videos, just recently added ones on youtube of CB training alongside with Chipper at his gym in Arizona preparing for the finale lol. His and Amirs fight looks insane, but I'm 99% sure CB won. Not to get anybodys hopes down but it isn't Jeremy that gets kicked out either, I checked out his myspace page and theres pics of him at UFC partys just recent, and him all happy that he finally made it, even tho he didn't win the show he still got a small contract. And it is indeed Jesse Taylor who gets in the incident, Dana said the final match up for the finale was all set, then boom, and that one of the two fighters on the finale is done and out of the UFC. Anyways just the info to clarify things, CB may be cocky and everything, but you need that arrogence to succeed as a fighter, and look at the guy, he may be cocky but he backs up his talk. He is by far the toughest guy in the house, and it doesn't really matter who he fights in the finale (if he does indeed get past Amir) he will win.

23. Hey, what are you guys talking about, it isn't CB! There are videos, just recently added ones on youtube of CB training alongside with Chipper at his gym in Arizona preparing for the finale lol. His and Amirs fight looks insane, but I'm 99% sure CB won. Not to get anybodys hopes down but it isn't Jeremy that gets kicked out either, I checked out his myspace page and theres pics of him at UFC partys just recent, and him all happy that he finally made it, even tho he didn't win the show he still got a small contract. And it is indeed Jesse Taylor w.ho gets in the incident, Dana said the final match up for the finale was all set, then boom, and that one of the two fighters on the finale is done and out of the UFC. Anyways just the info to clarify things, CB may be cocky and everything, but you need that arrogence to succeed as a fighter, and look at the guy, he may be cocky but he backs up his talk. He is by far the toughest guy in the house, and it doesn't really matter who he fights in the finale (if he does indeed get past Amir) he will win.

24. Nichole Lesniak says:

Dylan – I'm sure what happens is all a bunch of conjecture and guesses…BUT…. CB does not need to be that arrogant. There's a difference between arrogance and confidence. Yeah, he backs it up, but if he's an asshole, so what? There are PLENTY of GREAT fighters who aren't dicks about it. Read about Chuck lately? Awesome fighter, awesome guy. CB just needs to be put in his place – good or not, he needs to EARN his respect.

25. Nichole- I totally understand where you're comming from, but seriously I don't even know why people find him cocky and stuff, I dont find him arrogent or anything. Regardlessly, he is a good fighter no matter what anybody says. I think CB has earned respect from each and every one of those housemates with the impressive wins he's put together so far. He has all the reason to be arrogent, he's young, he's unbeaten, he's making it to the ufc. If I were as good a fighter as him I'd be pretty cocky to, but as his career goes on and he looses a fight or two, that arrogence will start to diminish, he's just young and starting off.

26. Nichole Lesniak says:

I might be inclined to agree with you, but it's not like I'm the only one who thinks it….. besides, he's a KID, no, he hasn't earned it.

Even the guys in the house think he's too cocky – that's not respect.

27. i think CB is cocky because he was probably dominated during most of his wrestling career from high school to college. he is just like any successful jock, big headed and feeling invincible. the guys got talent no question. no way the ufc boots him, they hyped him too much during the show.

28. PoppyNick says:

Korn no disrespect but CB was a stud wrestler in high school and college…..can you say State Champion and All American????? I agree dude is a complete tool but he is the best guy in the house.

29. alligator blood says:

If jt gets kicked off then why is forrest happy and rampage pissed watching the video and why isnt cb on rampages friends list on my space everone ealse from his team is and him and cb were close

30. Alligator Blood, Forrest ain't all happy, he's like smiling and shaking his head in shock/disbelief. Nobody from the ultimate fighter is on Rampage's friends list except for Gerald Harris, and he's the only one because they train together outside of the ultimate fighter. Ramapge looks serious because someone just blew the biggest chance of their life, he ain't gonna be laughing in their face, you'll see on Wednesday.