UFC President Dana White talks with Ariel Helwani following the UFC pre-fight press conference. White talks about the evolution of BJ Penn and there troubled history. Breaks down the UFC 107 main card. Confirms Houston Alexander is done with the UFC following his terrible performance at the TUF 10 Finale.
News and Notes
- Dana White, BJ Penn, Diego Sanchez, Cheick Kongo and Frank Mir in attendance.
- BJ Penn says he won’t run like Kenny Florian or Joe Stevenson, he will meet Diego in the middle of the cage.
- Frank Mir admits he talks a lot, get under his opponents skin
- BJ Penn and Diego Sanchez partake in the traditional Duck March at The Peabody hotel.
- BJ Penn continued his eight week strength and conditioning training camp in California with Marv Marinovich.
- Dana White, UFC going to Abu Dhabi in 2010
- Dana is not mad, Rampage is “Still with us” expects him to fight in the next few months.
- Hawaii maybe in 2010, will be first stadium event. Dana didn’t sound that confident about going to Hawaii next year.
- Its over 1:54pm EST ~Cage
- санчес-пенн пресс конференция
A always talkative Frank Mir breaks down his improvements after losing to Brock Lesnar at UFC 100, details new training and predicts a very easy second round submission against Cheick Kongo on Saturday at UFC 107.
“I think it will go into the second round, Kongo’s not going to have much of a chance of stopping me on the ground. You know, i’ll play around with him on the feet, once the takedown occurs, I’m just going to break him down and the first mistake he makes, I’m going to put him out with a choke….I really don’t want to maul his body and break a bone on him, because I don’t think hell tap. So i’ll just take his neck …. put him to sleep. I got all my kids her so.”