Strikeforce “Gina Carano vs Cris Cyborg” Results LIVE

Gina_Carano_vs_Cris_Cyborg

Cagetoday.com will have live results of Strikeforce “Carano vs Cyborg” on August 15th from the HP Pavillion in San Jose, CA. The show gets started around 8pm EST, followed by the Showtime broadcast at 10:30pm EST.

Gina Carano and Cris Cyborg will make history as the first women to headline a MMA event and compete for the first ever Strikeforce 145lb. womens championship title.

MAIN CARD

PRELIMINARY CARD

• Scott Lighty vs. Mike Cook
    Result: Scott Lighty defeats Mike Cook via TKO (Strikes) at 2:05 of R1.

• David Douglas vs. Justin Wilcox
    Result: Justin Wilcox defeats David Douglas via submission (Rear Raked Choke) at 3:16 of R3.

• James Terry vs. Zac Bucia
    Result: James Terry defeats Zak Bucia via TKO (Strikes) at 1:23 of R1.
  • Isaiah Hill vs. Alex Trevino
    Result: Alex Trevino defeats Isiah Hill via Submission (Side Choke) at 3:56 of R1.

Videos

Gina Carano vs. Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos Fight Video
Fabricio Werdum vs Mike Kyle Fight Video
Gilbert Melendez vs Mitsuhiro Ishida Fight Video
Renato “Babalu” Sobral vs Gegard Mousasi Fight Video

Comments

1. I am so exicted for tonights fights…Cant wait..

Gina looking sexy

2. i hope gina is a true tactition in this fight. she'll have to be. oh let the hours past fast

3. shes not..Cybroge is fast,stronger,meaner,bigger and more skill full…Good Bye Gina..

4. Cyborg had the winning look in her eyes at the weigh ins. Carano looked kinda nervous. I think tom is right cyborg is quicker and meaner and looks more determined than carano.

5. Gina dont like to get hit .. just wait till Cyborg hits her she's in trouble …neither like to go to the ground .it will be stand and pound

6. and Chris is awefully mannly looking in that photot also

7. Gina could still pull off the smarter fight, like forest vs. rampage. but still i admit its a long shot.

8. Go GINA!!!!

No life till leather

We are gonna kick some ass tonight

We got the metal madness

When our fans start screaming

It's right well alright

When we start to rock

We never want to stop again

HIT THE LIGHTS!

9. Killah Hillz says:

Oh, well, Gina is STILL the best woman fighter in the world. She just fought a man. Hahahaha.

At least she's still pretty. :)

10. Killah Hillz says:

Funniest Tweet I saw regarding this: RT:

"Cyborg vs Lesnar!"

hahahahahaha. Awesome.

11. thechemiist says:

That sucks.

12. What did I tell you guys in commnet 5. Gina looks nervous and cyborg looks real determined

13. Whos next for Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos

Gina Got killed like everyone said she would..They both gased in the first round..HAHAHAHA but it was funny at fiurst then just sad..

Gegard Mousasi is the furture

14. Killah Hill says:

You the man, Jay. No one believe Cyborg would win. You know all. hahahaha. LOL.

15. dane drebin says:

no shit jay ur the man picking as dude to beat a girl how do u do it bro? lol

16. MOUSASI! damn, killer instinct. Gina, i still love you….

17. hahahaaaaaaaaaa everyone had cyborg winning….because she's not a girl…duh.

18. Businessman says:

Mousasi looked real good. It made more sense for the UFC to offer him a 5 fight contract than it did to Fedor. There are a max of 3 good fights for Fedor but for Mousasi, at 205, he could gone up against crybaby Griffin, Rampage, Rashad, Rua…all even before going up against Machida. Plus even though he has stated that he does not want to fight at 185 any longer, with some convincing, he could have been Spider's best challenge yet. Dana missed the boat on not trying to sign him.

The show was pretty sucky but nontheless I prefer to a sucky Strikeforce that no MMA last night. This could have been a pretty good show but unfortunately lots of fighters dropped. Riggs, Diaz, Overeem, Thompson… Strikeforce needs to have better showings if they hope to make a dent. They could have showed the Jay Heiron match instead of talking so much.

it really looks like their business model is to go after the mainstream versus the true MMA fan. I base this on free (if you have cable) shows, so much talking from the announcers, the what do they call it "Key to the Match"… they are trying to break it down for viewers that are not informed. Maybe this where they find their niche but I don't know. Elite tried that and it didn't work. The casual fan is not always going to be around. With them, it is kind of like, if I am home and nothting better is on, I'll watch…unlike the true MMA fan that plans events, or outings AROUND events. I hope they continue to put on shows but they definitely need to improve

19. Killah Hillz says:

At least they're education a potential consumer who might not have a clue why these guys are "rolling around, wrestling" or know anything. If they break things down for the casual fan, and reach more people, then some of those will become fans and the sport keeps growing. You're not going to convert everyone, and hard core MMA fans can still watch it. It wasn't dummed down to the point of unbearability. I think it's a good thing. I did notice one thing myself, though…

My cousin had on UFC's replay on the TV, while I had on Strikeforce on the laptop, and he wasn't at all interested in checking out what was new. He was fascinated by the UFC for some reason. And he doesn't like MMA or sports at ALL, so it was interesting to see a complete non-fan's reaction to two simultaneous events. He also had no interest in watching girls fight. Or, in this case, a pretty girl fight an ugly man.

Last thought for me…Cyborg is amazing, but she's honestly (no joking aside) going to have to fight a man at some point to stay competitive, because there's no woman out there who can hang with her at all. Gina's 2nd best, trained hard, and had a great game plan for Cyborg, and she didn't even get out of the first round. I think Cyborg deserved to win, she is obviously the better fighter, and all that, but with Gina losing, I think the general public is going to be far less interested in seeing another female fight for some time.

I'm happy Gina's face is still OK. She's still pretty. phew!

20. Dane lol so true and funny. I just wonder who was picking Carrano. mmajunkie poll results had 51% picking her to win. wtf. Man am I glad Mousasi raped babalu like that. I have said in the past back when mousasi fought in a M-1 event and in the pride MW tourney that he needs to be singed by the ufc but Strikeforce got him. I see him being in the ufc very sortly after his strikeforce contract is up. He is a beast and this was not a fluke fight.

21. yeah mauro ranallo needs to shut up for sure … and how long has Frank Shamrock had those braces on anyway ?

22. Gina found herself having to contend with more power than she has ever faced before. I think she handeled it pretty well, but in those last few seconds she covered up when she should have pulled cyborg in. Randy will show her how to deal with that and she'll come back better and smarter.

23. the show was pretty sucky?? hmm I thought it was pretty good had fun watching it all the fights were finished and they were all pretty damn good.

24. dane drebin says:

i think gina could do better in a rematch but cyborg would still prolly win cyborgs just a beast. shes a female brock lesnar. i was hoping the bell would sound before it got stopped. gina will get a rematch tho i mean theres like 4 women in the womens division and shes one of them hahah. not a lot of contenders she needs to get by. id like to see her beat on kim couture since we all know that shes been bangin radny behind kims back for quite sometime lol jk.

25. cyborgs weakness is def the ground game, Gina mounted her twice…just keep her on bottom and not let her up, but easier said then done

26. Killah Hillz says:

let's repeat al's quote "gina mounted her twice" yeah…now in my mind i insert myself in cyborg's place. gina mounted me twice. nice. that's better.

27. i think cyborg has bigger balls than i do

28. Thats funny STEVEO. Everybody here always thought you had a pussy.

29. a real knee slapper!!! good news guys jakes gonna stop blowing dudes at truck stops and start paying rent by being a comedian.

30. Dwayn-Dwayne Dookie says:

Gina Gina GgGginnnaa! i won 200 Dollhairs thank you for not training hard and get'n lazy. Cyborg had that fire in her eyes, Gina you have to be serious in this fight game you can't think you can CRUSH! Everybody. Go train back at your old spot and get away from the lights and glammoorror.Love me. Just like killa hillz stated in 10 you still pretty.