Strikeforce “Fedor vs Bigfoot” Results LIVE

Strikeforce “Fedor vs Bigfoot” — Live February 12th from the Izod center in East Rutherford, NJ.

Results

Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva defeats Fedor Emelianenko via doctors stoppage at the end of round 2.
Sergei Kharitonov defeats Andrei Arlovski via KO (strikes) at 2:49 of R1.
Shane Del Rosario defeats Lavar Johnson via submission (armbar) at 4:31 of R1.
Chad Griggs defeats Gian Villante via TKO (strikes) at 2:49 of R1.
John Cholish defeats Marc Stevens via submission (kneebar) at 3:57 of R2.
Igor Gracie defeats John Salgado via technical submission (arm triangle choke) at 3:04 of R2.
Sam Oropeza defeats Don Carlo-Clauss via submission (strikes) at 4:10 of R1.
Josh LaBerge defeats Anthony Leone via TKO (cut) at 5:00 of R1.
Jason McLean defeats Kevin Roddy via split decision. (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

Comments

1. forget ufc, fedor cant win a fight in strikeforce. all you fedor nuthuggers can suck it

2. Holy crap. Not only lost, but utterly dominated. So ridiculously dominated.

3. Also go silva, boxing is much improved.

4. wow

i did not see that coming

Fedor just lost his top ten ranking

You have to hand it to Coker, he put on a good event

Overeerm has got to be pissed off that Fedor has been ducking him, but a victory over him now would net be considered so great a thing. It seems Fedor is following Cro Cop in terms of having lost his edge, meanwhile Strike Force may be panicking now that their no. 1 draw seems to be badly faltering.

5. Ural Subby says:

Oh My Goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a true Fedor fan this was brutal

Very close in likeness to Lesnar vs Mir II

Fedor was destroyed in the ring and crying after the bout

He just had no answer for Big Foot while a merciless onslaught of hammer fists reigned down on him, leaving his face a bloody mess. I don't know who was screaming louder between Big Foots camp or the relieved UFC saving their $30 Million offer.

6. After the Doc stopped the bout because Fedor could not see, Fedor announced he is considering retirement.

Coker jumped in and said he's just being emotional and that he has lot's os SF bouts left before stepping down.

Then Coker said he would give Fedor another shot in this tournament as an alternate in round 3, which smacks of desperation after this utter domination by Silva.

Watch fight highlights on ESPN.com

7. Frank Shamrock after the fight said

"May be it's time for Arlovski to retire"

He too was destroyed, knocked out by Sergei.

Two MMA household names humbled in a single event.

8. Fedor was not dominated, that's absurd.

They both fought well, Silva had the edge with two take downs and able to shrug off Fedors best strikes and an Ankle hold. They stopped the fight because his eye was so swollen.

Fedor looks slower than in the past, but still looks like a capable HW. Silva however gained confidence as the bout went on and showed that his ability is quite good and that he knows how to use his great size and weight in the ring.

It was a good fight. You can watch the entire bout on You Tube.

9. Mac he was dominated, how else can you put it. The ankle lock had no effect at all and Silva was NEVER in trouble. Fedor was lucky it didn't get stopped after his face was a catchers mit for the hammer fist. No other way to put it then getting dominated.

10. Respectfully PoppyNick, lots of Fedor fights begin that way. Watch him vs Hong Man Choi (a similair opponent), he was underneath him the entire fight until he submitted him. A match being stopped for a swollen eye is uncommon, swollen eyes are a very common side effect of getting struck there. Fedor was losing, but getting dominated?

Far from it.

I hope he keeps fighting.

11. LOL, Mac, he was dominated. Fedor was mounted and getting pounded the whole damn second round. His eye looked like something out of a horror movie. He did nothing to Silva, he might have scratched his arm or something lol.

12. Typical Jersey Guy says:

Total Domination there Maco

Big Foot rode him like a virgin on prom night.

After the bout ended Fedor was practically crying,

his eyes are all watery from Silvas shots.

He should retire with grace and his incredible record still intact. Ohhhh!

13. Mac, often your the voice of reason here, but watch it again with an open mind. Forget about who Fedor was in Pride and then tell us if anyone was dominated in this bout. It's clear as day, even to Fedor!

14. Dominated Mac

Big Foot owned him

Fedor could neither escape or put up a fight.

15. Fedor who????? Worst management in the world. They should have eploited his hype before he got exposed as being just another fighter.

16. Whoa! Blue, 7 years undefeated proves he is no ordinary fighter!

But Mac, seriously that was a total one sided fight.

Lesnar would have done the exact same thing to fedor

17. Good point Blue, They MUST be kicking themselves for turning down 30 MILLION BIG ONES from DANA WHITE

OMG

…and Mac, you are getting dominated on this thread!

LOL

18. @ stanley; Your right. I thought someone would point that out and Fedor does deserve repect. I was just trying to point out that Fedor missed a big opprtunity.

19. P4P #1 Fan says:

Silva totally dominated Fedor in the second round but NOT in the entire fight. I am a fedor fan, but I can put that a side to say that IMO, he won the first round. They even said after the fight ended that two of the judges gave Fedor the first round. You can't say that Silva dominated the fight- he dominated one round. Yes, the domination in that round was so bad that it ended the fight but I will not agree with a general statement that Silva dominated him.

You guys are probably right that Lesnar would have done the same thing to him…but why? IMO it is because of the size difference. Before you guys think that I am only making excuses for Fedor, I have made the same argument for guys like Mir and Randy. The HWT division has to big of a weight range. How is a 225 to 235 pound fighter going to beat a 265 (285 by fight time) fighter? I feel for these guys because Mir is a champison quality fighter but when you put guys like Lesnar and Carwin in there and he is giving up 40 pounds (proably all muscle)…that is like asking Frankie Edgar at 155 to fight Anderson Silva. I know that it is what it is but having a 65 pond variance (on the weigh-in not even mentiong the added weight by the time of the fight) is not logical. How do you have the 6 other divisions with no more varians than 15 pounds and here you have 65 pounds. it is common sense that if equal skill or close to equal skill, the bigger man is going to win.

Having said that, as a Fedor fan, because there is not going to be a change to the weight class, he either needs to retire or drop to LHWT. The big men of today have evolved from the big men of the past. In the past, if you look at the big men- Sapp, Choi, Paul The Giant Silva, even Sylvia- they were big but not that skilled. Before Silva, the UFC biggest HWT champ was probably barnett or Rizzo. This new breed of big men are not only big but skilled and someone like a Mir and like a Fedor, no matter how good they are, can over come it. One thing is to be big but it is another thing to be good and big. Even if Fedor had won this one, there is no way he would beat Alistair- for the same reason…the size difference.

20. Aldo Raine says:

I had it scored 20-17 for Silva. That is domination.

21. I don't think Fedor needs to retire, I do however think its time for him to take a page out of randys book and take a step down to 205. At this point hes still a good fighter but with age and giving up a ton of size to most of his heavyweight opponents we can only expect more manhandlings in the future. I think its time to put down the cheeseburgers fedor.

22. even brett rogers almost dismantled him before the ko. what would overeem do to him.

23. Alexander Baring says:

Overeem will rape Fedor

I kid of course, but perhaps these are Fedors final MMA days, a great career, yet he is only 34

Interesting ideal Steveo, dropping to LHW

24. I know it would never happen but I think Fedor would do so much better as a light heavyweight. Fedor vs. Hendo at 205 would be a great headliner for strikeforce. Just my opinion.

25. With already owning a better record (for a while the best) and more money than most fighters, I think it's a good time to get out while he's still ahead. No one who has watched fedor's history doubts he was great, @ one pint the greatest hw, but his time in fighting might just be over.

He may be able to hang in @ 205, he may not.

There's a difference between quitting a quitting while you're ahead.

In other news dana white just saved hundreds of dollars by switching to Geico! And by hundreds, I mean millions. And by "switching to Geico!" I mean telling finkelstein go fuck himself.

26. or…well…by finkelstein telling dana to go fuck himself. Man I bet he's sad about that.

27. No kidding. Single biggest fuck up in MMA history, right after the Gracies giving the UFC away

28. Fedor shouldn't retire. He should just think for himself. I love him but he seems like a 'tard. Always seems like going with the flow of his management. What kind of management would let a fighter fight someone 50 pounds heavier???? Hong Man Choi was lucky and he sucks but the fuck?? 50 pounds?!?!?!

29. Flying Armbar says:

You said it Rubs

By the way, that is my Fathers name.

30. Aldo Raine says:

I think you could see this coming. I mean after Pride ended he wasn't fighting the top ranked guys anymore. As competative as MMA is you can't just find mediocre guys once a year or twice at the most. He was so dominant in Pride because he was fighting 4 or 5 times a year against solid fighters. After pride he got all this credit about fighting these UFC champions and beating them but they were not in the UFC because they weren't top competion anymore. I think it comes down to continously fighting top ranked people and fighting often. Thats the best way to stay at the top of the division. I think the other fighters talent has finally caught up to Fedor.

31. Hall and Oats says:

FAKOR LOSES AGAIN

THE LIE IS OVER

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so sick of hearing his legions of fans talk about the legend that hides from actual competition

32. tru dat

33. Yea I like Fedor but I'm glad he lost just because of his fan base. I'm talking the retarded Fedor fans that are completely Fedor and UFC sucks and Dana White ruined MMA. Those are the fans that make me happy that Fedor lost. So to all Fedor fans like that…. HA HA and Eat Shit!!!!!!!

34. Finally some comments I can get behind.

MAC – Your hero is a punk, that hides in his

little girls leauge while the best HW's are

mixing things up in UFC. He just got schooled

by a mediocre fighter twice. He could not even

compete in the UFC.

35. These 2 losses do not dimish the career that Fedor has put together. He is not a top fighter anymore but over the course of his career, he has beaten everyone, with the exception of the last 2 fights and the one that was stopped by an illegal elbow. His career record is 31 – 3 and only 7 of the wins have come by decision- that is pretty dam good considering all this laying and praying crap that we see now. To say that he is a "fake", is absolutely stupid. He is older and his skills are diminishing but I can guarantee that not many fighters will beat or top his overall record. Yes, he has fought some bums but who hasn't? Don't forget this recent list of mediocre to average UFC fighters that have fought for the championship: Hardy, Leites, Cote, and Maia- does that dimish GSP's or Anderson Silva's record- absolutely not. You can only fight who is put in front of you and in a sport where an upset can happen at any time, Fedor has rose to the challenge almost every time. Is GSP's legacy tarnished because he had an off day against, a has been, or probably better, never was top contender in Matt Serra? No but as you see, everyone can let their guard down and he didn't.

Having said that, Fedor's demise was due to two things- 1. Not evolving and 2. not fighting top fighters more often. In a time where fighters travel the world in search of the best camps, training partners, coaches, and techniques, he just stays and russia and trains there.

I don't see it as mystique, in fact I wish it wasn't the case but I do beleive that he truly does not care about his legacy or what anyone thinks. As a fedor fan, I would like to see him retire. I don't think he has anything to prove and while he is still fairly young, he has had a lot of fights, with many of them being wars, not to mention sambo competitions. The selfish side of me wants to see him fight again but with him not wanting to evolve and with him having to fight huge HWTs that outweigh him by 40 to 50 pounds, I would rather he retire than lose to inferior but bigger opponenets. With all respect to Antonio Silva, who has evolved and improved his game since the first time I watched him Elite XC, Antonio is not a more skilled fighter than fedor. His size is what made the difference and there is no way to overcome that.

36. HA HA Ox I think you take the Fedor thing a little to serious. The difference between Hardy, Leites, Cote, and Maia is that they were at the top of their game when they fought Silva/GSP. They were the #2 guy when they fought for the title. Nothing against Fedor but the reason he lost is because the talent caught up with him. Also you say that Antonio Silva isn't more skilled than Fedor…..Did you watch what happened in the fight. Yea he used his size to absolutely dominate the second round but most people scored the first round for Silva who outstruck Fedor. This doesn't mean Silva is going to have a better legacy or any of that bullshit but on Saturday Silva's was a more SKILLED fighter than Fedor. I think Fedor has had an amazing career and all that but I think he should be looked at as a great fighter based on what he did in pride. What he has done as far as wins in the last 4 years isn't all that impressive. There are a lot of fighters that could have easily beat the competition he has fought in the last 4 years.

37. ox these two losses make Fedor look like an asshole. Him and his gay management playing hardball with the ufc like he is some god, then loses to 2 dudes who are not even top ten ranked in strikeforce ?? Lol. Dude got demolished by big foot, not just doctor stoppage but got his ass beat. I swear i saw tears trickling out of little Fedors eyes. He looked out of his element trying to scramble. The only thing left in his career is maybe at lhw. put down the ice cream cones anmd lose some flab Fedor, heavy weights just to much now.

38. Hall and Oats says:

Affraidor should keep hiding and fight some guys with less talent

39. correction i meant *top ten ranked and fighting in strikeforce

40. Fedor lost by way of Doctor stoppage ironcjb82.

Get your shit right.

Visit Krishna Copy for all your copy store needs!

41. Yeah he "lost", you just said it. Got his ass beat, wooped, destroyed…call it what you want but Fedor lost, get YOUR shit right dumbass.