Sean Sherk: BJ Penn Is A “Pothead”

bj penn

The drama continues as recently striped UFC lightweight champion Sean Sherk fires backs at BJ Penn, calling him a “Pothead” and challenging him to take a polygraph examination.

PC: BJ Penn is concentrating on you a good bit, although he'll be facing Stevenson. Would you like to fight BJ in the near future?

SS: I'd like to fight BJ, you know? I think that would be a good fight for me. He keeps talkin' tons of crap, which I think is pretty funny because he's getting ready to fight Joe Stevenson and he's spending more time thinking about me than he's thinking about Joe so obviously I'm in his head already and that's good. I like that matchup with BJ. There are a lot of things I see in BJ that don't match-up real well with me. I'd love to fight BJ Penn. He has a big mouth and I'd love to be the guy that shuts him up.

PC: BJ's been saying a lot of things about you. Some of the things he's been saying are that you've been cheating for a long time and now everyone knows it. He also said that he and Stevenson will be fighting for a real title and not a steroid title. I'm sure you would like to respond.

SS: He said I've been cheating for a long time and everybody knows it?

PC: Basically what he's saying is now that you've tested positive, the whole world knows that you've been cheating.

SS: Oh, nice! My response is I've done everything I could do to prove my innocence, including a polygraph examination. I'd like to strap him up to a polygraph and find out when was the last time he smoked reefer. The guy is a pothead and he wants to talk about natural title belts and that's not true. He's got secrets and he's not fighting for a natural title belt so he could say what he wants to say, but I hooked myself up to a polygraph and I'd like to see him do the same. – fighthype

Comments

1. haha i could see bj being a pot head.. just look at him

2. im sure BJ does smoke pot, but he has never failed a drug test. drug tests not only test for steroids, but for contraband as well.

3. Pot v. 'Roids. Gotta say the guy on 'Roids is cheating. Pot doesn't give you the super human strength and bulk. Sherk, admit you're a 'RoidHead.

4. Pot does give u an advantage in the fact that u dont feel pain and u will not freak out when u gte cut u can control breathing easier and even just stay calmer all together. But steroids are obviously worse. Even if Sherk did take steroids which he obviously did he still works hard as anyone I have ever seen train. And Sherk had so little of a trace of steroids that it wouldnt have affected him like everyone thinks. I dont like Sherk but I dont think the only reason he is champ is cuz he took steroids.

5. that was a weak come back by sherk he should have just kept his mouth shut.

6. To be honest there were probally a lot of people who took steroids before and got away with it in the UFC. Testing has only been gonna on since what like 2001.??

7. true he should have kept quite.

8. Steroids in sports is the major cheat, not pot. BJ won't quit becuase of pain and he wont freak out if he gets cut. I agree that BJ does probably smoke some Maui Waui but probably not when he is seriously training for a fight. Sherk probably is right on the money with his comback but it doesn't hold any weight next to the fact that he tested positive for Nandrolone…not even close. He's a cheat and I hope BJ stomps him.

9. mateo…… AGREED!

10. obviously u guys are pot heads if u think it is ok to smoke pot. There is a reason it is illegal. Lol it can kill you. Too much of anything can kill you to be honest. Dont call me a jackass for thinking that pot is bad for you when it is breaking the law bitch. I fucking hate when people call out people over the internet. Grow some fucking balls bud. Obviously u have never fought while u were high. U have also not been high. When u are high u are less tolerant to pain. It is a fact u dumbass. Zach ur not smart enough to think for urself u just I agree with mateo. Fuck you too. Cheating is cheating. I wasnt saying that B.J. is gonna quite or freak out if he gets cut or anything. I was merely stating the effects of what pot does to the body. Obviously steroids are worse but 2 wrongs dont make a right. You Fucking Faggots.

11. Winner:pot what a fucking loser. U have no clue what it takes to be a fighter so I dont even know why u act like u do. Ur probally some punk who watches people who beat up 10 people ur whole life and think ur a hardass. Boy i will smash anyone u know. True MMA fighters dont cheat to win. Plain and fucking simple pussy.

12. steve your a jacka$$. Obviously you have no idea what “pot” does. Okay let’s see, steroids… will kill you. Pot won’t. Steroids will make your nuts shrink…. pot won’t. Steroids will make you very aggressive and lash out at people…. pot won’t. Steroids will make your muscles grow faster than your joints and cause major problems….. pot the only thing you worry about are the size of your joints! Steroids taken wrongly will cause you to grow boobies… pot makes you wanna look at boobies. Winner: Pot!

13. Don't hold back Steve, tell them how you really feel…lol..

Very soon, I imagine there are going to be enough people firing back at you with proven scientific facts that marijuana can not kill you, and reasons for why it should be legal. So I'll go ahead and stay out of that argument.

However, I do agree with the people who said that Sherk had a weak comeback. Even if BJ Penn is a "pot head" it doesn't prove that he smokes it just before the fight. He would have to be high at the time to get the benefits you speak of. Moreover, it effects people differently. There could be as many drawbacks to fighting high as there are benefits e.g. slower reaction times etc… Steroids are entirely different. If Sherk is smart he'll shut up about it and separate himself from any conversations involving steroids.

14. Steve ole buddy old friend, you are misguided and misinformed about the effect of canabus on ones ability to "feel" pain. Canabus does not effect the nervous system that way….PCP and such would allow a person to not realize the amount of pain their body was being delt, but not canabus.

Being a former "pot" head I smoked alot of pot, I'm pretty sure I never died. You do know that in lab tests rats were given straight tap water in large amounts and they developed cancer. Also if you drink to much H2O you can die from hyponatremia.

Comparing "pot" to steroids is a stupid point. Yes canabus is illegal, so was alcohol at one point. To put the two in the same catagory is ignorant on your part.

IMO- HGH should be legal…if you do some research on the effects of HGH you'll find it has some very strong points for use.

15. Oh and back on topic of Sherk…what an ass, BJ is a cool guy. What he does in his free time is none of Sherks concern. If BJ is able to pass urinalysis before fights then more power to him.

Take your suspension like a man and quit juicin' up you little roid head. No wonder he's so angry…roid rage has him all in a tissy.

I'm glad the pulled his belt!

More power to BJ.

16. ok people I dont care enough to argue that pot is wrong. Since it is only mentally addictive and all. If u cant follow the rules then u cant be the champ. Serk learned that.

17. steve bj has never had a dirty test so sherk accusing him of smoking pot with out any evidence is wrong.the guy test positive for steroids claims he is not guilty then accuses someone who has no dirty test of smoking pot, its not near the same level of steroids and without any proof.and you don't know shit about weed.

18. straight up, WHO THE FUCK CARES IF BJ PENN SMOKES WEED?!?!?!? it doesnt affect his fighting in the slightest and i truly dont see it as wrong, steroids are wrong, not nugget. But BJ should be concentrating on stevenson not sherk

19. dane drebin says:

speakin from experience… fightng while high is not a good thing it slows u down… ahve u ever worked out at the gym high? it will not be a good performance in the least. it makes u tired. while steroids makes u wired and a machine. bj's never tested positive for weed so shut up dude.

20. See Steve, I told you it would happen. :)

BTW sex, coffee, chocolate, pizza, shopping, soda, jogging, watching TV, scratching your ass, and a plethora of other things can be and are mentally addictive.

Okay, I'll leave it alone. ;)

21. lifeless420 says:

hey hey hey c'mon now steve didnt know any better and its kinda true if bj smokes about 80lbs of weed in one sitting he will die but short of that i doubt well ever hear of bjs "marijuana" od

22. 1st of all only an idiot would skoke pot before a fight, regardless of testing pot will affect your performance. and if u were stupid enough to take pot before a fight, let see hoe intolerant to pain you are when i put u in an armbar or kick u in the head a few times. it has been months since sherks last fight with florian, so he had plenty of time to juice up, slowly release it out of his sytem while maintaining muscle mass, problem was, he didnt get the time right and a 'small trace' was left in his system. the people that test the fighter for banned substances arent dumb, they are a completley seperate entity from the ufc, these are the same athletic commission that tests the boxers so they know when someone is trying to cheat the system. sherk got caught. he passed a lie detector, so have many other people who are guilty, polygraph test arent acurate. it doesn't matter if he was guilty or not. the results speak for themselves, whether he accidentally took the horomones or not doesnt matter, they were in his system, so his title was stripped, that seems fair to me. sherk has always been in good terms with the ufc so im sure he will get a rematch for the title. in that case i want to see bj smash his head in coz sherk is a boring fighter and i want to see an exiting lightweight division!

23. I can't believe you assholes even argued over all this. Who gives a shit if Blow Job Penn smokes dope? So what if Sherk took a few cc's of Deca. The main problem is nowadays, if you eat poppyseeds before a fight, it shows up as THC on the test………..If you take Sudaphed, it shows up as meth……….If you take saw palmetto with estrogen blockers (legal type) it shows up as Nandrolone. When the fuck is somebody gonna develop a drug screen that actually works? Nowadays, we don't even have a clue what the real truth is, regarding these tests, because they are so inaccurate. WTF?????????????????????????????

24. John: Where have you been getting your info? Most of your information is completely innaccurate. If you can't believe we're talking about it, why are you wasting your time with it?

25. heydane drebin, why dont u shut the fuck up. Arnold swchazanegger wrote a book in which he leasts that massive amount of body builders that smoke weed before training becuase it focuses them. im not saying its the best thing in the wrld, and im not saying bj penn smokes weed, all im saying is that if he does, i dont care. and if he does it means hes been smoking for a while and hes still been pretty damn good. learn ur shit before u take a shot at me.

26. hey pansy ass potheads why dont u wake up and fukking realize weed is nt good for u. There is a reason why it is illegal. So u can sit around all day saying that it doesnt do anything to u but there is a reason it is ILLEGAL. So no matter what facts u throw out there smoking pot is wrong. So get over this topic you all look like idiots saying weed is perfectly fine. This topic is almost as dumb as arguing over tank vs Kimbo.

27. HAHAHA…This can't be the Steve that usually posts here. The regular Steve has more common sense(at least I think.) First of all, I don't want to hi-jack this post and make it about something other than Sherk/Penn, but I think you took a shot at me by saying "Hey pansy ass pot heads" just because I somewhat defended it. If you were talking to me, first I'd like to say. I DON'T SMOKE POT…. However, I do know FOR A FACT that it is NOT bad for you. You should really do some reasearch Steve instead of letting the Federal Government lead you around by the nose. There is a reason (several) why marijuana is illegal, but it has absolutely nothing to do with being harmfull.

I am not in agreement that anyone should smoke it just before a fight. It's against the rules, and I believe that it would hinder most people's performance rather than benefit. But come on Steve, really, you really shouldn't tell everyone they look like idiots when you yourself have absolutely NO CLUE what you're talking about.

28. I agree with Joe, Steve's an idiot thinking so narrow minded.

29. Joe i got ur back, steve ur a dumbass. Lets say BJ penn has smoked before all of his fights, does it really matter outside the fact that its against UFC rules…it obviously doesn afect his fighting ability…i just dont see anything wrong with it. i guess we'll find out when after penn beats stevenson and then beats the shit out of sherk

30. Most of you must be on roids and smoked a J before posting!

31. lifeless420 says:

Why then has the FDA failed to respond to the 1999 Institute of Medicine (IOM) report which concluded that marijuana's active components are potentially effective in treating pain, nausea, the anorexia of AIDS wasting, and other symptoms, and should be tested rigorously in clinical trials?

It perplexes us that even though the FDA is responsible for protecting public health, the agency has failed to respond adequately to the IOM's findings seven years after the study's publication date. Additionally, this release failed to make note of the FDA's Investigational New Drug (IND) Compassionate Access Program, which allowed patients with certain medical conditions to apply with the FDA to receive federal marijuana. Currently, seven people still enlisted in this program continue to receive marijuana through the federal government.

The existence of this program is an example of how the FDA could allow for the legal use of a drug, such as medical marijuana, without going through the 'well-controlled' series of steps that other drugs have to go through if there is a compassionate need

got that from http://www.2008electionprocon.org

32. Let's face it, BJ just won the UFC Lightweight title on a doctor's note….a technicality. Not against the best man in the weight class. BJ should at least have the class that GSP did and say "This belt is not mine until I defeat Sean Sherk."

Plus, look at all all the irregular results out of testing labs, who don't follow protocols of the testing equipment manufacturers. See cycling's TdF winners Floyd Landis (split decision-guilty) and Lance Armstrong (dirty french labs) and Tyler Hamilton. It ruins careers, it hurts the sport….it hurts any sport.

I wonder if a Sean Sherk B sample was authenticated by a different lab? I wonder if the sample was identifible as Sean's before the test? It should be a numbered sample not identifiable to the athlete.

What's next? Pot's legal in some states for certain conditions. What if the guy get's toasted and tests positive for Jack and Coke? I'm sick of it….let them fight!

33. for all you none believers of BJ take that. I told you that Joe would be destroyed by BJ. Too much to handle.

34. WOW!!! This Steve guy says the most idiotic things I have ever read on the internet. He is obviously talking out of his ass and refuses to do any real research to back up his claims. Since when does pot mask pain? IT MAKES IT WORSE!!! It makes you much more sensitive to any feeling and as far as calming you down….. WHAT!!! What an ass, it may calm you down at home watching tv or playing games, but in front of a large crowd in one of the most important fights of your career… PARANOID CITY!!! I hope he comes back and responds with more asinine statements so everyone can rag on him even more.

35. Steve, Steve you seem a little aggressive and lashing out on people here…Hey if Bj smokes pot, its not going to help him. I think it makes him hungrier. Look at his abs or lack of it prior to the stevenson fight. c'mon now…

36. I hope BJ beats the brakes off of sherk, I dont have anything against sean (other than the roids) I just like to watch BJ whoop ass, he is awesome.

Also, to contribute to the side topic, I believe you have to take everything the government says with a grain of salt.

Pot might cause cancer, but so does a lot of shit… im sure BJ is capable of making the decision to smoke or not on his own.

Cancer is truly the only downside to the drug (maybe laziness too)

37. haha, the ignorance of people regarding pot is hilarious. AS IF any mma fighter would be smoking weed before a fight – that is insane and most definitely not pain numbing or performance enhancing but rather anxiety inducing, and reflex slowing… Maybe while relaxing at home – but hey, that's there business.

38. dane drebin says:

as a person who hasnt smoked pot in over a year but used to daily… pot is dumb as shit and makes u slow and only hampers u. i think its retarded but i could careless if someone wanted to smoke pot before they faught me id roll the blunt for them cuz it would give me the upper hand haha. comparing pot to steroids is nonsense one makes u stronger and the other makes u lazier. the only reason the ufc has banned it is to look good because it is an illegal substance. while i could careless if people do it… dont be saying it isnt bad for u. its horrible for ur lungs and in some cases can be more cancer causing than smoking cigarettes. thats not mary jane bashing its just facts look it up if u dont believe me or are too high to believe the truth haha. but i must state once again i think its a pretty harmless drug in the big sceme of things and if drinkin is legal so should pot. alchohol is way more dangerous.

39. The same people who think pot makes you a better athlete are the same ones who think they are flying when they are laying on the couch. Its just like if you're drunk you wont feel the punches, but at the same time you aren't going to get any punches in.

40. lifeless420 says:

is the LARGEST study done to date studying the connection between cancer and pot and im sorry to say dane ur wrong on the whole more cancerous than cigs thing unless you have a better study to site (hopefully not that new zealand study based on like 79 people) ? as for

numbing blows like when ur drunk hell no bud does not work like that maybe smoking a couple of bowls after a fight but there are no advantages to smoking b4 a fight.

41. lifeless420 says:

i cant get a link to work but just google "ucla marijuana cancer study"

42. Steve is probably not reading this, but you are either a 13 year old Christian boy or some other nutcase who thinks pot will "kill you?" RIIIIGHT………

43. Jun Da Silva says:

Who the fuck care if BJ smokes the Dro, thats his business, as for Serk now Roids is an other story. The Cronic does not I repeat does not help one win fights so Sean should keep his mouth shut because I think its even effecting his brain maybe he's the one smoking the bowl.

44. What is this a Science Journal? Fact is Sean Sherk took roids, now Bj Penn, smoking some Maui Woweee , is speculation, but personally I believe he does. Not that my opinions matters. Second, why would Sean Sherk take steroids, hmmmmm, lets asks Barry Bonds and Jose Canseco, it can't be to gain an advantage, no no no. Bj on the other hand just probably got some second hand smoke from a Katchafire concert. Bottom line, you gotta look at the intentions, sean is a cheat and bj is a laid back guy who gets the munchies.

45. Lol…funny stuff. Good point ben.

46. lifeless420 says:

i bet bj is smokin a fat celebratory blunt lol

47. all hawaiians are drug addicts