UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem will attempt to pleads his case for to the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) following a positive random drug test. The NSAC meeting starts at 12pm EST.
- Over 35-year old fighter Mark Hunt gets approved to fight Stefan Struve at UFC 146. Gets extra brownie points for typing his NSAC commission application.
- Overeem is live in house along with a very lawyery dude for his NSAC hearing.
- NSAC Chairman: “[TRT] will be allowed sparingly and not as an excuse for ‘juicing’”
- Keith Kizer: Following the presser “Overeem speeded out of the building” before taking the drug test. They had to call him and “get his ass” back or it would be considered a positive test.
- Overeems team asks the NSAC for a continuance so they could gather more expert testimony.
- Overeem talks to the commission for the first time, guarantees under oath that he will return before commission if given a continuance.
- The motion for a continuance was denied!
- Dr. Molina, Overeem’s Dallas doctor who prescribed the anti-inflammatory is being questioned by the NSAC.
- This is the longest commission meeting I have ever witnessed.
Overeem’s doctor is more shady then Overeem.
Dr. Hector Oscar Molina’s patient who had been hospitalized for a botched breast augmentation surgery, the public should know be aware of the doctor’s shady background:
On December 31, 1998, Hector Oscar Molina, MD was arrested by Irving Police Department and charged with felony theft of $1500 or more. His case number is F-9900834 with Dallas County Court. [Ripoff Report]
That’s not all, he was also busted for prescribing meds online,
Molina, who was licensed in Texas in August 1997, violated the proper physician-patient relationship because he prescribed the drugs without having examined the patient, taken a proper history, acquired adequate medical records and performed adequate tests. [Star Telegraph]
- After that shady doctors testimony, Overeems team makes the case for a shorter penalty since the injection was not performance enhancing.
Overeems prescription vial that was prescribed to him by Dr. Molina,
- Overeem given 9-month suspension, on the condition he will not fight overseas in that time.
- Suspension will be backdated to March 27, date the random drug test.