Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Arrested Again? UPDATE

TMZ:

Sources say last night an Irvine police car was waved down by people near the place Rampage was staying who said he was acting weird. This, of course, following the insane chase the day before in which the UFC fighter hit several cars in his monster truck and was arrested at gunpoint.

We’re told Irvine cops saw Rampage, deemed him a danger to himself and others, and took him to a hospital for observation.

Cops won’t officially confirm if it’s a psychiatric hold.

UPDATE:

Lt. Rick Handfield of the Irvine Police Department:

“We did go out to the residence where he was staying at 4:31 p.m. PT (on Wednesday in the city of Irvine, Calif.). We were asked to assist with him and make sure that he was safe and not a danger to himself or others. He was exhibiting some unusual behavior that his friends that were there felt concerned…. At the conclusion of our contact, we did detain him and take him to be seen by mental health professionals. We left him with the mental health professionals.”

TG: CageToday Reader “Roy”

Comments

1. Looks to me like he got high as hell on all the attention from breaking down 2 of the best MMA fighters ever, and crashed hard from getting whooped by a guy he deemed a chump.

I hope he gets over this, and gets back in the octagon soon.

2. AND THEN THE WHEELS FELL OFF……. this guy is done. DONE!!! if Dana is gonna kick Jesse Taylor off the show for kicking in a window what kind of example is going to set if Rampage, star or not, runs from the cops and gets arrested twice in one week including a hit and run accident. if Dana doesnt crucify him everyone is going to think hes an even bigger joke than they already do.

3. I AGREE….. This is not good for MMA!!!!!

4. Nichole Lesniak says:

But at the same time, if something really is mentally off with Rampage, if Dana just dumps him off he's gonna look bad anyway.

5. like in any sport if your a bench warmer and get in trouble your out but not the star.i dout dana will punish him at all and it might not be needed anyways it all sounds more like mental problems than being a criminal or a drunk idiot.hopefully he will get this tooken care of and be back in due time.

6. STEVEO

dude youre a douche the UFC doesnt have to do anything that you feel should be done. why are you so hung up on "crucifying" jackson. you dont even know what state of mind he was in, whether he was on medication or not. you just want to jump to conclusion because you want to see this man fall to the bottom.

you cant compage JT's situation to Jackson's. JT and Jackson business wise are too totally different assets to the UFC. obviously JT did something dumb under the influence and was yelling "I'm a UFC fighter" was jackson doing that??

you are blowing his second arrest out of proportion.

7. I think the whole thing is sad. I feel bad for Rampage, being in his position must be hard and must mess with your head a bit, but I don't deny that he made some awful decisions. I hope he gets it together soon.

8. damn i know griffin didn't hit him THAT hard in the head.

9. OH and PS jesse taylor is fighting against cb dalloway on the anderson silva vs james irving card. so second chances are easily given out if it produces numbers and ratings.

10. "obviously JT did something dumb under the influence and was yelling “I’m a UFC fighter” was jackson doing that??"……… he was not yelling it, but he was driving a big truck with UFC sponsor's and a picture of himself in UFC attire…….. so he might as well have yelled it!!!!

THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR ANY BUSINESS.

Would any of you still have a job after that?

11. All of it is "F"ed up but I'm sure that Dana wants him to get better, it seems like they have a friendship beyond the buisiness side. Hell there's no telling what I'd do if I was on top of the world and things stated to go down hill FAST. All of us have done dumb shit and live with regrets in our life. I'm sure Jackson didn't say I'm gonna do a hit and run and start funcking up real bad. With everybody in everybody buisness and everyone who has a camera waiting to see you fuck up or fart wrong, shit I'd be going nuts too.

12. he is definitely going to have his job back. dana isn't going to can any A list fighter. rampage will go the filho route and get away for a while until he gets it together again. i can't believe he is taking that loss so bad. it may be some other stuff too that we're not hearing about.

13. Have to agree Rampage will have a job in the UFC.

If the UFC drops him there are other shows that will pick him up.

Hopefully he will get over this big loss.

Start/stop taking whatever he needs to be normal.

I am prayin for you get well Rampage.

14. ok ill say this again lol STEVEO is not me and he is a fucking idiot. Jesse Taylor is a nobody and the UFC can afford to lose him b/c its not like he was ever gonna be a contneder anyways. And u also cant really market him since he is so boring so comparing him to rampage is a fucking joke. STEVEO you obviously dont know how the world works. Rampage will be in the UFC as long as he wants. He puts fans in the seats, is one of the best 205lbers in the world and was the only guy to beat Chuck, and has blockbuster fights ahead of him. A 3rd fight with Wanderlei, 2nd fight with shogun maybe fight chuck and forrest again. Besides they dont want any great fighters going to Affliction so they will keep him for all these reasons and if you dont think that then what are you even doing talking on an MMA site?? Jesus and u were sayin that you werent me. LMAO dude ur a fucking moron.

15. I agree with that Steve. Rampage puts fans in the seats and sells PPV's. I don't know what would make him fly off the end like that. He was probably on something when he did those hit and runs. Right now no, he's not good for MMA. But I hope he can clean up his life because he's a goof fighter and personality.

16. Ramp noooo. You have girls, money, people like you. What the hell man?

17. I think he probably got drunk and started thinking about the road back to the title. Then you think about how you lost by maybe a round in the judges eyes. Thats gotta be hard to take. Hope he gets his head on straight again.

18. dane drebin says:

who knows what happened lets let him tell his side of the story before we judge

19. fighters and celebrities go through shit like this all the time guys. We know that. Just look at Paulo Filho. He checked himself into rehab after he was contemplating suicide and shit. So u never know the situation but 1 thing is for sure he will be with the UFC as long as he is fighting.

20. Florida BOYZ says:

Forrest Griffin gots one coming but I guarantee he cant defend the belt once w/o some corrupted officials throwing the fight his way over a couple of leg kicks. Long LIVE RAMPAGE

21. thats what happens when you smoke too much crack

22. rampage waz robbed

23. Lets be honest here fellas, it doesnt matter what state of mind he was in. It doesnt matter if he was celebrity. Its people that think its OK because he was famous. His life isnt over, he doesnt have cancer, hes not dying. HE LOST A FUCKING FIGHT AND THAT DOESNT GIVE HIM THE RIGHT TO BE AND ASSHOLE AND BREAK THE LAW and endanger the lives of other people I.E. me you your kids. Putting butts in the seat or not the laws the law. AND STEVE AND JOHN AS FAR AS BEING INTERNET TOUGH GUYS IM A US SOLDIER AND IVE BEEN TO IRAQ TWICE AND BEEN SHOT AT BY GUYS WHO TAKE SHITS TOUGHER THAN YOU SO UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOOK ME AND COME GET KNOCKED OUT WATCH YOUR MOUTH I DIDNT ATTACK YOU JUST MY OPINION. Crucify was maybe a bad choice of words but either way he fucked up and he should pay for FAMOUS OR NOT!

24. and I apologize to the rest of you who can come on here and have an inteligent discussion but I just get tired of these guys.

25. steveo i agree with you to a point, it dosn't matter that he is a celebrity or at least it shouldn't matter but we know it does help in court they seem to get off easier, but the fact is we don't know the facts from everything i have heard there no drugs or drinking involved and this might be purely a mental issue that he needs help with, but either way i don't see him doing any jail time, fines probation community service i'm sure but i bet you he does no jail time.

26. Well said Steveo!!!

"HE LOST A FUCKING FIGHT AND THAT DOESNT GIVE HIM THE RIGHT TO BE AND ASSHOLE AND BREAK THE LAW"

27. Roy, I will give you that. If it is a mental issue what if he would have pulled a chris benoit and we would have found him dead in his house with his family. Would it be different or just ok like many seem to think it is. Mental issue or not he knowingly endangered other human lives without thinking of the repercussions. And early someone was giving me a hard time about comparing this to jesse taylor i meant as in the context of his actions being wrong. Granted Jesse taylor was running around acting a fool screaming im a ufc fighting, true, but rampage was laying face down on the highway with two cops pointing guns at him…. I would say thats a just a lil worse. Roy, you are right he will serve no jail time and thats bullshit. If any one of us got an Drunk Driving ticket, at least in Iowa, I would have to spend two days in jail. Hit and Run car accident, FELONY EVADING, and getting arrested twice in a few days. Sometimes pains me to support and defend a constitution that every passing day means less and less and lets the rich live above the law. SAD!

28. i agree with you steveo but thats the facts rich and well know gets you off most of the time, but again no one has said he was drunk driving and the 2nd time he was brought in for a mental reasons not that he broke anymore laws or did anything more wrong the people he was with called the cops because he was acting funny so they brought him in for a mental evauluation

29. I just have a hard time buying it. mental problems is pretty much a cop out for many people who have done horrible things. Everytime some mom kills her there kids there is always some mental "problem". I dont want this to sound like my personal soap box but people need to be responsible for their actions irregardless of the situtaion. You wanna play you gotta pay.

30. i agree all i am saying was he real was not arrested twice

31. fair enough, but the once was enough

32. Ok just because you go to the army doesnt mean you can FIGHT. So dont act hard bitch. You are just mad because everyone was calling you a fucking idiot b/c you said Rampage was donbe in the UFC LMAO. You dont know what the fuck your talking about and it dont take a man to use a gun punk. You have probally never actually fought anyone so lets just stop with the personal shit. Because you really know nothing about me but I know a lot about you. B/c the fact is only a fcuking idiot with no common sense would think and say "rampage is DONE". Dude your a fucking joke so stop acting like being a soldier makes you a badass. You are probally a fucking accountant or something in the army you little bitch.

33. Jordan Katz says:

Whoa, whoa, whoa fellas! Let’s try and keep the personal attacks out of it and stay somewhat civil!!

I think we are all in agreement that regardless of the cause, mental or drug/alcohol induced, what Rampage did was reckless and dangerous. At the root of the issue there may be something very wrong with Rampage and for that I feel awful and hope he can get it resolved. But, this does not excuse the crime he committed. He very well could have injured innocent bystanders.

Fact is though, in the world we live in, money talks. Was the crime Rampage committed so bad that he deserves extended jail time? I don’t believe so. But he should be reprimanded severely with some jail time and or another major punishment. Most likely, with his notoriety and financial backing, the penalties will not be devastating. As far his status with the UFC, he is a major draw and world-class fighter. I would not expect his contract with the UFC to be terminated, although if this were the NFL he would probably be suspended for obvious personal conduct reasons.

Lastly, I respect anybody who serves in our armed forces and greatly appreciate their service. But, to avoid escalating personal attacks, we should all stay on topic so insults can be prevented.

34. Dana White: Rampage Jackson ‘went on some crazy fasting thing’

By: Mike Trask

Dana White provided additional comments on the Quinton “Rampage” Jackson arrest and hospitalization this morning on the Opie & Anthony Show on XM Radio.

Among the odder moments of the nearly 12-minute appearance was White, the UFC president, noting Jackson was “born again” in 2003.

Jackson’s actions (partying in Las Vegas included) over the past few days don’t seem fit in with the Christian tradition and certainly don’t provide any answers for his recent behavior.

However, his bizarre diet during that time might provide some clues.

“He went on some crazy fasting thing,” White said. “He didn’t drink anything but water and energy drinks for four or five days. He didn’t sleep a lot.”

It’s obviously not a clinical diagnosis. But it’s the closest thing to an explanation that’s been offered by anybody close with the former UFC champion to date.

We can only assume that White mentioned religion as a way of saying that Jackson’s a good person — an opinion that is shared by most people in MMA.

White said Jackson is still in a hospital undergoing a psychological examination.

“He’s alright,” White said. “When the thing happened it made no sense to me at all.”

Then: “I don’t know what he’s going through right now. He’s a friend of mine. He’s a good guy.”

Jackson, a father of four, becoming a born-again Christian has been noted in numerous publications over the past year. His trainer, Juanito Ibarra, is also a born-again Christian.

35. I like Rampage and truthfully he is about the last fighter I would have expected to have a mental breakdown…beside Fedor because he is a machine. I don't know if he is going to serve time or not but the celebrity trick is to go to rehab and that looks good come court time. Forrest said it best when he said it sucks to have to try to be funny all the time when sometimes you aren't feeling it. Rampage loves to entertain but I think a few weeks away from things is going to do him some good.

36. some of you guys need to learn to use spell check.

37. I've said this several times before. STEVE, CALM DOWN. Someone always states an opinion and you always go nuts swearing at them and calling them an idiot that doesn't know anything because it is not what you thought. I love watching MMA, but I think being a soldier and putting your life on the line daily makes you a lot more of a badass than an MMA fighter who will more than likely not die in the ring. Most the MMA fighters would agree on that. I agree with STEVEO. Even if he was in a bad mental state, he should still be punished for it. He still did it. If it was a mental issue, then get him off the street so he can't do it again tomorrow, that time maybe killing someone. Maybe if he is having a mental issue, he should not be fighting for a living, not anymore at least. All I think is he did the crime, he should get some punishment. Otherwise, where is the line drawn? And STEVE, because of all the swearing and hostility, I still think your like 13, maybe 14. Now I can probably expect you to start swearing and talking about how you'll kick my ass after this post right? Yikes. Tough guy.

38. theduke says:

OK just my two cents on this, Rampage f###ed up and that is a shame to make that kind of mistake…..But just because he is a public sports hero you have all these ass clowns wanting to crucify the man…Who cares what the hell Dana White is going to do, what people or should i say what fans should care about is if the man is alright and to thank god nobody got hurt.. You all will cheer for the man when he is on top but let him lose or f up and its like you cant wait to put a knife in the man… get a life you sorry ass looooooooosers, if your a fan of the man then support the man and say a prayer for his safe return

39. There is no question what Rampage did was illegal, the question is what was the mans mental state? We have a legal system in the US that’s says you are not responsible for your action if you have a mental problem. I also agree that it is over used and think it should be evualted again as a legal plea, that being said it is still a legal defense for doing something illegal. I believe in some cases this is a good law because it’s unfortunate but we do have some serious mentally ill people in the world. They have rights too. We can't fairly judge Rampage and make assumption of what will happen until the truth and all the facts are known. You may be right of what’s going to happen based on past examples but is that being fair to Rampage or any person for that matter. If Rampage had a history of this type of behavior and has repeatedly gotten off with no punishment then yes he shouldn’t get the benefit of the doubt. But if there is no history of this type of behavior can we at lest wait to see the rest of the story and hopefully the truth. I will tell you this if Rampage is the type of guy I believe he is he will not only take full responsibility for is action, but he will also make full restitution and apologize, not to keep his job but because it will be the right thing to do. And as for as being a Christian, the bible tells about this guy name David who was considered a guy after Gods on heart. David really loved the Lord, but this guy committed adultery, and murder. It’s a lot more to being a Christian then what you see on the outside of a person but it is a big part. Rampage will come back strong he will get well and be an example of what not to do as well as what to do. For now let’s pray for him as well as our brother, sisters, mothers and fathers fighting for our country.

40. Mr. Anthony Thompson says:

. Make me strong,

Not to be superior to my brothers but to fight my greatest enemy –

Myself. . . .

. Make me ever ready to come to you with clean hands and straight eyes

So that when life fades as the fading sunset,

My spirit may come to you without shame.

Quinton “Rampage” Jackson will overcome this because God is the judge and juror not the World ! God is Good and All tha Time God is Good !