Post UFC 102: Marquardt, Rosholt, Couture and Nogueira Earn 60K Bonuses

couture vs nogueira ufc 102

UFC 102 ended with a bang. Randy Couture, the hometown fighter, was overwhelmed by Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira’s numerous submission attempts and improved standup. Here is a brief breakdown of the UFC 102 post-fight press conference.

UFC 102 “Couture vs Nogueira” live from the Rose Garden Arena in Portland, OR.

Press Conference Notes

• 16,088 fans in attendance for a gate of $1.92 million
  • Dana admits the UFC might of made some mistakes pricing tickets for time in Portland
  • KO of the Night – Nate Marquardt – 60k
  • Submission of the Night – Jake Rosholt – 60k
  • Fight of the Night – Randy Couture and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira – 60k each
  • Next time the UFC heads to the Pacific NW it will likely be in Seattle
  • Dana – No one went to the hospital tonight
  • Randy face is substantially swollen and red at the post fight press conference
  • Randy Couture signed a new contract with the UFC. 28 months/6 fight contract!

Comments

1. looks like Randy is ducking Fedor?!

2. Fedor has a 3 Fight Contract with Strike Force, correct? Couture signed a 6 Fight Contract with UFC.

It looks like Couture is just waiting on Fedor to make the jump when his contract is up.

3. I learned alot about last night. NATE is GREAT. Randy is old, i duno about the six fight deal, but randy is my fav fighter so I'm happy about it. Leben, eeehhh, looks like hes close to getting cut, I didn't see the fire in his eyes the whole fight. I gained respect for BROCK, I HATE BROCK, but if what Goldy said was true about him throwing advice to Randy I gained a lot of respect for him…and Tuchereesrerererere or however you spell his name, going to fight after the kick in the balls…thats a man right there. If anyone has gotten kicked in the balls during a fight, even with a cup…IT HURTS, esp from a kick from Gabe Gonzaga, ive been kneed in the balls, but I'm 145, I can't imagine a 250 guy kicking me there….Brock backing his teammate up shows me he cares, not only about his teammate, but mma. I openly hate Brock, but what he showed me, not even fighting…i mean i respect him more. Todd Duffee…look out for that MF. Keith has no chin. Keith is out of the talks about title shit and all that. HE WILL NEVER GET A TITLE SHOT. Thiago Silva is the MAN, when not fighting Machida, but lots of people are. I'd like to see him get more fights and challenge Machida once again. Good fights, good night for the UFC in my opinion.

4. ps. what ROGAN said during the break when tuchererererer got kicked in the balls was PRICELESS. "God was not thinking when MMA was designed" HAHAHA. I'm going to have to go back and listen to all he said, but man that was great.

5. "what a terrible design by nature. God never thought about mma when making humans."

throwing up into a bucket…then getting up to fight!!!

6. Aldo Raine says:

Ha Ha yea Balendin Randy is ducking Fedor by signing with the company with the most talent. HAHA what a dumbass!!!!

7. Oswald Gobblecock says:

I know right! Fedor ducked the UFC period and this guy says stupid stuff like that. lol

8. ed herman had to have gone to the hospital after his fight

9. Randy wanted to get out of the UFC to fight Fedor.

(he spent a year on the sidelines)

then when the time finally comes and he is close to getting out he……. signs a new UFC contract…. yeah good idea Randy.

Company with the most Talent? yes, Company that Randy is going to get bums thrown at him now, YES

Fedor is the best comp Randy could fight….. when Fedor has finished his next 3 fights….. Randy will be washed up and will have loss more fights.

10. other derek says:

these were two legends fighting and they gave it their all….big nog has a chin and so does couture…..it was a great fight

11. Couture and Nog put on a show. Six fights is a lot I hope Randy has it in him. But it's always fun to watch him in there.

12. Give Randy Some Resp says:

Randy took a year off, then came back and beat Silvia for the title, so I don't see how a year off effects his performance. The guy has only had 26 fights in 12 years, and only has a 61.5% win rate. He started with pro MMA when he was 34. Give the man credit. Half the fans were saying Nog is done, and he's 33. Couture started fighting professional MMA when others are about to hang it up. The man has fought everyone and anyone and has been in wars and fought Lesnar at 45 when he was hopelessly out-weighed. Maybe these point would be valid for any other fighter, but Randy has proven he's not just any other fighter. I'm not a huge Randy fan, but the man deserves more respect than "he can't take a punch" and he's "ducking Fedor." It's simply not true and there are no facts to back up those claims.

And for someone else saying Randy can't take a punch anymore? I didn't see him get knocked out last night. Saw him get knocked down but he rode the storm and it went to the cards. Remember Chuckie knocked him out, he took 13 months off, then came back to win the title, and there were people then saying the same thing.

The man is uber-human and if he want's to fight another 6 fights in the league who brought him all he has, then let the man. Why go to Strikeforce to fight Fedor for one fight? Fedor ducked the entire UFC Heavyweight class over money issues. M-1 was greedy and it was their fault. They wanted to co-promote something that Zuffa built from a failing outfit into a multi-billion dollar global enterprise and M-1 wants half of the promotions just because they have Fedor??? If you owned a business would YOU agree to that??? Hell to the no!

13. I'M A DUMBASS!!!! FEDOR ROCK!!!!! WOO FEDOR WOULD BEAT EVERYONE IN THE UFC AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!! FEDOR WOULD BEAT BROCK IN 3 SECONDS!!!!!

14. why on Earth do idiots get bum hurt and post in other people's names?

Randy has gone on About fighting Fedor for a YEAR he had a chance to take time out, fight Fedor then go back to the UFC. he didn't. so imho hes ducking him.

its like Anderson Silva wanting to fight Roy Jones Jr then pulling out and carrying on fighting in the UFC.

15. Aldo Raine says:

UM Balendin……Anderson Silva is an MMA fighter first. Not a boxer first. That was one of many stupid things you've said. Sure he probably does want to fight him but by him staying in the UFC and not breaking his contract which would get his sued and would probably make him bankrupt isn't really ducking him. Thats like him saying he wants to play basketball against shaq and you saying he's ducking him for not canceling his contract with the UFC so he can go start his basketball career. HAHA your really dumb IMHO.

16. god Aldo you're AN idiot.

CONTRACTS RUN OUT

Silva has already stated he wants to box Roy Jones Jr.

are you dumb? oh wait… yes you are.

I KNOW A.S IS AN MMA FIGHTER FIRST BUT HIS CONTRACT IS DUE TO RUN OUT -.-

people can't think for themselves eh?

I'M IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM SAYING RANDY OR A.S SHOULD CANCEL THERE CURRENT CONTRACTS BUT FINISH THEM!

(Randy resigned with so few if any fights left on it, A.s has 2?)

17. Aldo Raine says:

Then explain to me why Randy would go to Strikeforce to fight Fedor. Take away the contract…..why would he go to a company with little talent in the heavyweight and light heavyweight division and make less money. It doesn't make sense. You say because he wanted to fight Fedor. He also wants a rematch with Brock too. I dont think going to a weak company to fight Fedor for less money is number 1 priority for him. OK seriously is this Mike…….Your the dumbest person besides Mike that I have seen on this site. This has got to be Mike or a twin brother or something because your fuckin dumb man.

18. Randy resigned with the UFC becuase its his home and he doesnt have much time left and he signed a 28 month 6 fight deal whichever comes first. Rnady will not get a rematch with Brock any time soon after that loss to NOG, I look for Randy to step down to LHWGHT and take on few fights there…maybe even a title fight with Machida or a fight with Anderson Silva. Silva has only 2 fights left and he said after that he will retire from MMA and fight Roy Jones @ boxing. Anything can happen i hope silva resigns with the UFC but dont count on it.

19. other derek says:

lol….aldo

20. Aldo….

you're a dumb ass.

Randy is never going to get a rematch with Lesnar….. Randy knows that, hes going downhill now.

errrrrr

Fedor WAS a priority for Randy to fight…. thats why he wanted to fucking LEAVE UFC in the first place!

I'm sure Strikeforce would pay Randy good money…. probably the same as UFC.

21. dane drebin says:

bslendin u sound like the dumbass randy is the king of getting title fights when he doesnt deserve them. thid was his first 3 round fight in forever. he got KO'd by chuck twice then won the heavyweight strap.

and nobody in their right mind would leave the ufc for strikeforce end of story.

22. Aldo Raine says:

HaHa Balendin I never said Couture was going to get a rematch with Brock. I said he WANTS!!!! a rematch with Brock. Wants a rematch. Also Fedor wasn't the only reason Randy wanted to leave you dumbass. He was pissed because people like Chuck were on a two fight losing streak and making way more money than he was. The whole Fedor thing was a small issue.

Your comment does prove how stupid you are though. Since when is Strikeforce paying the same amount as UFC. Strikeforce would never match what the UFC gives Couture. If they did they would go under. They dont have enough viewers. Chuck Liddell or Brock bring in more money than Fedor. They are just more popular and well known so I dont think now that Fedors there Strikeforce is bringing in all this money.

Anyway I'm getting dumber posting responses to you I can't do it anymore.

23. his fight with Nog he got 250k

250k….

Dana wipes his arse with more money.

Strikeforce couldn't offer that money to anyone. but to Randy… EASILY could…

Randy is one fucking big pull.

if you think that with a Randy vs Fedor event that Strikeforce couldn't offer that money you're an idiot.

24. I would love to see Randy drop down to LHW and fight Tito as his first fight. I think that would be a pretty decent fight for the fans. I think he has the time left in him to fight 2-3 fights at that weight before he would get a title shot but then again as dane said he is the king of title fights.

25. Aldo Raine says:

Its not gonna happen man. Get over it. Fedor pussed out.

26. ALL YALL BITCHIN ABOUT MONEY . WHO GIVES A DAMN !!! FEDOR DOSE"NT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT MONEY HE IS LIKE A KING IN RUSSIA BITCH > HE FIGHTS FOR THE SPORT OF IT AND HIS FANS. THATS WHY HE"S THE BEST . DANA WHITE CAN STICK THAT MONEY UP HIS ARSE!!!!!!! DANA WILL NEVER HAVE FEDOR I HOPE

27. The state of idiocy some of this forums posters are in is depressing.