September 21, 2011 by Leave a Comment
December 6, 2008 by 23 Comments
- Both fighter come in below the 147lb. weight limit. De La Hoya looks much bigger then Pacquiao.
- Round 1: 10-9 Pacquiao
- Round 2: 10-9 Pacquiao, he’s to fast for De La Hoya
- Round 3: 10-9 Pacquiao, close round
- Round 4: 10-9 Pacquiao
- Round 5: 10-9 Pacquiao, Huge round for Pac, had De La Hoya rocked at least twice in the round.
- Round 6: 10-9 Pacquiao, Swelling starting around De La Hoyas left eye, De La Hoya still has no solution for Pac’s speed.
- Round 7: 10-9 Pacquiao, Pac lands a record number of powershots on DLH. Fight close to being stopped. Only 7 punches landed in the round by DLH. After the round, the doctor warns DLH to fight or risk having the fight stopped.
- Round 8: 10-9 Pacquiao, Dr. warns DLH again. Fight stopped. DLH corner decides with the Dr. to stop the fight. DLH seems to have no problem with the decision and immediately walks over to Pac’s corner and congratulates him. De La Hoya hints at retirement in post fight interview.
[Photos courtesy of YahooSports]