UFC Fight Night 13 Extended To Three Hours

ufc fight night 13

According to MMAJunkie, a source close to the event [UFN 13] exclusively told them that the SpikeTV broadcast of UFN 13 will be extended from two hours to three on April 2. This rumor comes as good news for fight fans who want to see the undercard filled with fighters worthy of carrying a main event.

a source close to the event exclusively told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that April 2’s UFC Fight Night 13 event will, in fact, run three hours.

Main Card

Joe Lauzon vs. Kenny Florian
Tim Boetsch vs. Matt Hamill
Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin
Karo Parisyan vs. Thiago Alves
Nate Diaz vs. Kurt Pellegrino

Under Card

Gray Maynard Vs. Frank Edgar
Marcus Aurelio vs. Spencer Fisher
Josh Neer vs. Din Thomas
Anthony Johnson vs. Tommy Speer
Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo
Roman Mitichyan Vs. George Sotiropoulos

UFC Fight Night 13: Nate Diaz Added To The Undercard (UPDATED)

nate diaz

The Ultimate Fighter 5 winner Nate Diaz has been added to UFN 13 on April 2 from the Broomfield Event Center in Broomfield Colorado, according to GracieFighter. UFN 13 is looking to be one of the best stacked fight cards so far this year. To bad most the fights won’t be seen on TV.

Nathan Diaz has been added to the April 2nd, UFC Fight Night card. Diaz has submitted every opponent he has faced in the Octagon and is looking to continue his winning streak. He will be facing tough competition and we hope to announce his opponent in the next couple of days.

UPDATE:

Nate Diaz will take on UFC up and comer Kurt Pellegrino on the televised portion of the main card.

Main Card

Joe Lauzon vs. Kenny Florian
Tim Boetsch vs. Matt Hamill
Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin
Karo Parisyan vs. Thiago Alves
Nate Diaz vs. Kurt Pellegrino

Under Card

Gray Maynard Vs. Frank Edgar
Marcus Aurelio vs. Spencer Fisher
Josh Neer vs. Din Thomas
Anthony Johnson vs. Tommy Speer
Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo
Roman Mitichyan Vs. George Sotiropoulos

MMA News: Felony Charges Dropped Against Din Thomas

din thomas

Today the Port St. Lucie PD dropped felony charges against UFC lightweight fighter Din Thomas for running an illegal cage fighting event.

Thomas, 31, was originally charged with a felony count of running prohibited competitions following a tip to police about a “fight club” at a training studio in St. Lucie West. The crime was described by one prosecutor as promoting an activity not sanctioned by the Florida Boxing Commission, which has jurisdiction over professional boxing and mixed martial arts events.

Assistant State Attorney Jeff Hendriks said there was an exception to the law Thomas was arrested on: If all of the fighters are students of the school and the purpose of the event is training, then it is allowed. In addition, Thomas and the school did not profit from the event, as money was collected as part of a raffle and was later distributed.

“What is important is that the road patrol officers present had to determine whether they had probable cause to believe the statute was violated and given the information at the time, they acted appropriately,” Hendriks said in a statement. “I have a different, higher burden of proof, as well as the hindsight advantage of full knowledge of the facts from both sides and that is what formed my decision.”

Great news for Din Thomas, who still hasn’t started training again after tearing his meniscus during his fight with Kenny Florian at UFN 11.