Matt Hughes Investigated In Alleged Bar Fight

Former UFC welterweight champion Matt Hughes is linked to alleged bar brawl in Taylor Springs, IL that left a woman with a broken nose.

According to a source who was inside the bar, Hughes got into an argument with a male bar patron … which led to some forceful shoving … the woman is alleging Hughes pushed the other man into her … and she suffered a broken nose in the collision. [TMZ]

The April 23 incident, lead to Hughes being named in the official police report. No word yet on any charges being filed against Hughes or the other bar patron involved in the incident.

Comments

1. Not broken….just ugly

2. Nichole Lesniak says:

Uh, maybe don't hang out in bars past your 20s and you'll be fine?

Wah, lady, wah.

3. Ryan S says:

Hughes is past his 20's. And he is a total dick. I'm just saying, I'm not surprised if it really was his fault.

4. Nichole Lesniak says:

Um, I'm talking about the LADY being past her 20s.

He was shoved into her…not his fault.

5. You can sue for anything these days. Um I don't see bruising on her nose and we didn't get a before shot, so I guess he'll see her in court.

6. Kung Fu Panda says:

The witness is saying that Hughes pushed the other man into her…not Hughes getting pushed into her. Either way, I agree with Ryan S- I did not meet Hughes but have been at the same location (grappling tournaments or MMA events) that he was at, a couple times and he seems like a dick. There were a few jerks in the old MFS camp. No wonder that camp had a major falling out and splitting up. Jeremy Horn and Jens Pulver are pretty cool but Miletich, Hughes, Silva- total jerks!

7. Nichole Lesniak says:

Even still, dick or not that doesn't mean he should get sued over something so totally ridiculous. Unless Hughes pushed the guy INTENTIONALLY INTO her, big effin deal. Lady needs to get over herself.

8. he's a classic dick. but i don't think that lady would be sueing if he was an average joe.

9. Monster says:

I agree that as a society we are sue-happy and that she probably would not be suing if he was an average joe but if she truly suffered a broken nose or any other injury that caused her an economic loss, then I beleive that she is owed, if nothing else to compensate for that. He is stupid for putting himself in that position to begin with. He deserves to be sued.

MMA fighters + alcohol + customers with liquid courage = trouble.

Choosing to be a celebrity comes with a price and responsibility.

10. well said monster…