Matt Hughes Finds Brock Lesnar Interesting, Not Impressed By GSP

Matt Hughes injured

Matt Hughes Blog:

I went there to watch Brock Lesnar. He is so interesting because he is so athletic as well as being so powerful. So that fight went just like I thought it would, Brock took him down whenever he wanted and on the ground he did whatever he wanted.

The last fight of the night was Georges and Fitch. Georges didn’t look as big as he has before and he seemed like he had gotten tired from the first round. Fitch had the game plan of countering Georges and you just can’t do that. You can’t counter a quicker fighter. To be honest, halfway in the third round I got up and walked out of the arena and went to my hotel. The fight wasn’t the most exciting and I wanted to get out of there before everyone else was getting up to leave.

To be honest, I get extremely bored at these UFCs

I’m not sure if Matt Hughes is just board of UFC’s or he’s just still having flashbacks of the two beatings he took at UFC 65 and UFC 79 courtesy of Georges St. Pierre.

TG: CagePotato

Comments

1. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Ahhhh I guess Hughes has to talk down about GSP because he's still sore from the ass whoopin he gave him. Fact is GSP looked great in his fight, Fitch just kept coming back for more which was impressive but GSP looked awesome. I thought the fight was gonna be closer then it was.

2. Oswald Gobblecock says:

I bet if/when Hughes and Serra fights, Serra wins. Call me crazy but I know Hughes hasn't evolved and I have been impressed with his last several fights.

3. This is kind of funny. Maybe he meant it wasn't as exciting as watching someone get knocked out by Thiago Alves. Hughes excels at that. I really hate Hughes' attitude.

4. Hughes is just bitter that he is yesterday's news.

5. Jordan Katz says:

Matt Hughes image has really come apart these past few years. Through the Ultimate Fighter and greater fighter exposure, his arrogance, lack of class and general disrespect towards other has shone through.

Both Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg commented on the fact that GSP looked big. It was also a pretty good fight, there were three major exchanges where Fitch got dropped, a bunch of great takedowns and some serious striking taking place.

The fight also demonstrated GSP's current dominance so I don't know what Hughes was watching. His comments are really in poor taste.

6. Yeah, I agree with all the posts so far – Matt Hughes is old news in MMA – similar to Tito Ortiz his reign as Champ was in a much weaker division than the 170 division of 2008!

I have never liked his fight style (zero stand up) and after watching just watching TUF 6 I am convinced that he is a penis (like Serra said)

As far as I am concerened I only want to see him fight one more time – So Matt Serra can humiliate the arrogant bastard!

Then he can go and read the bible on his farm for all I care…

He has a good record – and folk say he's done a lot for the sport – but when you campare him to someone with the Class and Humility of Ranfy Couture… Hughes looks ridiculous

7. who is this guy? didnt he used to be in the ufc?

8. Funny stuff. He is not impressed with the fighter who IMO out-fought him 3 out of 3 times. The first time GSP made a mistake and paid for it, but was doing quite well in the fight. All Hughes has ever done is wrestle, and GSP out-wrestled him. It stands to reason that he likes the guy who has yet to develop beyond GnP. He'll get there, but that's who he is now.

9. Look who's talking :D

10. GSP is so professional in and out of the cage. When Hughes makes statments like this it just makes him look like a jerk. The sport is passing him by.

11. that makes matt look bad

12. Hughes left out that he left the arena early to go to the hotel to bang the guy next to him.

13. Man, what a poor loser Matt Hughes is. I mean it's his right to still be pissed about the beating St. Pierre gave him, but trying to pass it off as anything other than that is ridiculous.

14. Matt Who's?…… f**king sore loser!!!!

15. Classless as always.

16. Matt do you respect for you self please,for your hard work for so many years and for the sport you are still great fighter but please go wiht dignity end glory dont lose your heart and love for the sport ,all the best Derek.

17. DanP, thank god someone else said it. He looked like a gigantic penis on the show. Not even a human penis either. Serra may be cocky, but I never thought he was overly cocky, and everything he said about Hughes was true. I don't know if Serra will beat Hughes (if it happens), but I sure think he can and hope he does.

18. Gotta love that Matt didn't even fight that night and he still has a lump over his eye! What an ass – I don't much like either of the Matts (hughes or serra) but I am rootin for serra. Matt Hughes sure looks like the Queen from his story now.

Hey unrelated topic but how about Chuck vs. Anderson Silva at 205 lbs!!!

19. Hey guy's

One great feature on today's computers…spell check.

I know matt sounds a little rediculus, not as bad as this Chuck vs. Anderson post. GSP did not look as good as he did against Serra! Not as good as vs. Hughes…5 rounds with Fitch??? COME ON!!!

20. Bowhunter says:

I'm not surprised at all by Hughes comments on GSP. He's said it himself that he's a terrible loser and that's all this is. To make comments about GSP's size and he was so bored that he got up and left early is just so childish of the guy because you be hard pressed to find anybody else to agree with his comments. He just can't stand that most people like GSP. He just needs to grow up and TRY!! to show some class.

21. hughes = boring fight.

22. John Wayne says:

Hughes is my hero!

I don't think you guys understand, Hughes isn't really that interested in the UFC anymore. I don't think there was any ill will towards GSP.

He was just there b/c he wanted to see Lesnar man handle Herring, similar to why the WWE fans watched it.

Hughes said a long time ago, he's a farmer first, and fighter second.

But in case you guys haven't noticed, he's also one of the biggest assholes in the UFC, which is why I started with Hughes is my hero

23. Really unrelated, but advice for dave.

When you call out the board for poor spelling:

1. Be certain you know how to spell yourself – "ridiculous"

2. You meant "Guys" as in plural of "guy," not "Guy's" which means belonging to a Guy

24. I think that if anderson silva wants to continue to be considered the best then he has to move up to 205 eventually. I mean, cote for a main event! What a quick knock out this is going to be. I would LOVE to see silva slug it out with intense fighters like: lidell, wandy, rampage, forest, ect.. He looked quick and strong against Irvin.

25. I think he could go unbeaten in middleweight for a long damn time. I think Okami deserves a shot and I would like to see Wandi move down a give him a go and maybe a rematch with hendo but other than that its pretty weak, bisping maybe gets a shot but he will get worked too. I think right now he can get in the ring with forrest and beat him. ah sweet another clown on here giving people shit for bad spelling. AWESOME! way to go dude!

26. i think silva will bet any middle weight and i do agree with anderson vs forrest that forrest will get ko and silva will be the best fighter for along time

27. matts a pussy

28. I don't think hes a pussy. I just don't think his heart is in it anymore. The fight game has evolved and changed so much since he started and was dominant. He just doesnt have what it takes to be an elite fighter anymore. The other reason he keeps getting fights is to cash danas checks and put butts in the seats on name alone. Hes just pist cuz GSP has his number and he knows he cant beat him anymore. A five round decision with a top notch fighter in which he was in control nearly the whole fight, i wouldnt be impressed either, time to hang it up Hughes.

29. I agree with that Steveo. Hughes won't get the belt again but he can still whoop on most welterweights in the UFC.

30. Bowhunter says:

I have to agree with Steve also as far as Hughes not having his heart in it or the drive he used to have for the sport but shit a guy who's accomplished so much you would think would want to leave on a high note and show some class. I remember when GSP said the exact same thing to Hughes about one of his fights and GSP couldn't apologize enough for saying it but Hughes kept harping about it in every interview he had leading up to their first fight so this is probably his childish side thinking he's getting back at him.

31. what a douche bag…

32. ROCKY BALBOA says:

Hughes…retire already….u cant fight anymore and your always talkin shit..your done as a fighter and if your not motivated anymore atleast dont come out and say it be respectful to all the people that pay your big paychecks every time u fight.

33. This is the evolution of MMA. These older one dimensional fighters can't make it anymore. Hughes is/was a wrestler with some basic submission skills. He fought a lot of guys that couldn't defend a half ass takedown. Now the very elite wrestlers have difficulty taking people down.

I also think Hughes is jealous of all the money that's getting thrown around theses days. I saw in an interview where he said he was entitled to these big paydays because of how legendary he has been in the sport.

Hughes is such an egomaniac when he reads the bible ; I think he's convinced he wrote it.

34. dane drebin says:

i am not a hughes fan never was and never will be. but u guys are being way to critical of him. look at who he lost to lately. GSP twice and Alves. atleast he took alves down i dont remember kos doing that. the guy was one of the most dominant champions of all time give him his due.

35. Hughes was a very good champion. I know he beat GSP the first time and BJ the second time. Although, I thought he was losing pretty handily in both fights. However, champions find a way to win and he did.

I do think that he's a stepping stone rather than a contender at this point in his career. Beating Sarah(see I hate on everyone) does nothing enhance his legacy but losing shows how far he has fallen.

Equal opportunity hater.