Looking Ahead, Chuck Liddell vs. Forrest Griffin At UFC 92

It looks like the UFC is planing a light heavyweight title fight at it UFC 92 NYE show between Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffin. The news was spilled by Chuck Liddells sponsor Iceman Rx is planing a contest that will give away a custom “Ice Mobile” Hummer H2. The contest concludes on Dec. 27 to coincide with Chucks appearance at UFC 92.

The only thing standing in Liddells way is an undefeated fighter named Rashad Evans, who he will be fighting in a little over a week at UFC 88 on Sept. 6 from the Phillips Arena in Atlanta, Ga.

To hype December’s fight, Iceman RX is holding a sweepstakes starting on September 1 and ending on December 27 (to coincide with Liddell’s appearance at UFC 92). The winner receives a special edition Chuck Liddell Iceman Rx Hummer H2.

Comments

1. it would be nice to see the iceman win the title back and then retire. i wonder how happy he was deep down when forest beat rampage knowing that he wouldn't have to fight jackson for the title again?

2. i bet he was really happy that rampage lost. but forrest has grown a hell of a lot since the show. on the same note if he looks past rashad like he did jardine he might not even get a chance to do this promotion.

3. I don't think I see that fight going so well for Chuck, if it happens. Everyone saw how Forrest took those punches from Rampage and still recovered fine. Chuck took one and it was lights out. If that fight happens, I think I would have to go for Forrest.

4. Businessman says:

Chucck should beat Evans but he can't look past him. He will lose to Forest…

I sure would like that H2 in my driveway!

5. Oswald Gobblecock says:

I hope he beats Rashad, then beats Forrest to get his belt back then beats Rampage. I know he could beat him. Sooner or later I'd like to see Anderson Silva win the 205 belt.

6. chuck will lose to forrest

7. I think Chuck will put Forrest out just like Jardine.

8. Oswald Gobblecock says:

I don't think Chuck will lose to Forrest. Just cause 1 lost to Rampage and the other won. Lets remember who we're talkin about here.

9. dane drebin says:

i think chuck will beat forest but he still has o get past rashad lets not get ahead of ourselves. rashad may be boring but he's still undefeated and that is saying a lot in the ufc. like i said i think chuck would win but i thought shogun and rampage would beat forest too so im not gunna doubt forest anymore and just hope for a good fight.

10. Oswald Gobblecock says:

Jardine won against Chuck, I still think Chuck just had an off night but it can happen. As for Rashad, the only real big name he's fought was Tito and Tito isn't shit anymore plus that was a draw!

11. I think Chuck knows that he can't keep having setbacks. He's not young anymore. If he wants the title back he will make a run right now. I don't think the fight with Rashad will go to a decision and I think Chuck will get a TKO.

12. Does Chuck really deserve a title shot if he beats Evans? in my opinion… NO! There are some great 205 lb fighters out there i think it should go to the winner of Machida vs Silva in October.

Sure Chuck is a huge name and can bring in the numbers but i think this is the wrong move (if there is any truth to the rumours).

13. Oswald Gobblecock says:

I think he does, not just for beating Rashad but for beating Silva too. If Silva would have lost to Jardine then I'd say Jardine would deserve it. Thiago and Machida need to build their names more I think before they get a title shot. It's just good business that way.

14. OSWALD, I still say Forrest just because of how he can take Rampage's punches, and Rampage is a strong son of a bitch. A lot of his punches caught him right in the chin too. I just think that is all Liddell goes for, is that one strong punch, or that one combination that can lead to the TKO. Griffin has more weapons than that.

15. I can see Chuck winning this one (if it happens). He is on a mission to win the title back. When he lost to Rampage he thought he was unbeatable and it got to him. As much as I like Forest I dont think he can beat a determined Chuck. It should be interesting though because Forest is such a strategy style fighter. Chuck has the ability to KO Forest. Forest doesnt.

16. right when forrest won the title i knew right away that this would be his next match. Stuff like this is wat makes ppl think UFC is fixed, just look at Brock Lesnar vs Heath Herring i gotta say that punch looked a lil fixed, but we'll never know. but we just have to see wat Chuck does with Evans!

17. Nothing about the Brock fight looked fixed. That punch was a good one and cought Herring coming in. On top of losing his sight he lasted the whole fight taking blows from Brock. If you know Herring at all yoiu know he has too much pride to give up and too much pride to sell out. Herring is a vet in the sport and wouldn't ever sign up to take a dive to a former fake wrestling champ.

18. very true, lets see wat brock does in his next fight, possibly kongo, i think thats more of a realistic future fight for him, randy is to high ranked to be put in the octagon with him, to soon for that one, i think!

19. YC, what do you mean the punch looked fixed?

20. when u watch the slo-mo reply it looked like herring was waiting for that punch, but im probly just talkin out of my ass lol!

21. oh I got you. Yeah, I'm not sure about that. I don't think Herring is about the payout. I think you might just be a conspiracy theorist lol.

22. I am a big believer that Brock Lesnar does not deserve a shot at the title and yes i do believe he is grappling machine with surprisingly quick hands. But his cardio hasn't been tested yet and we know from Mir's fight that he is not that great in BJJ. what i am curious about is how his Dirty Boxing skills are cause Randy's DB is awsome and his Cardio is second to none let's not forget who is in his camp. Now i would love to see Wanderlei silva and Forrest Griffin Fight cause they both have hearts of lions.

23. Also one thing we really have to consider is Randy wouldn't take this fight unless he thought he could win it so i am looking forward to some solid grecko wrestling and some lethat dirty boxing and leg sweeps.