Kimbo Slice A Cast Member Of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Season 10

mma_kimbo_petruzelli

Famed street fighter, Kimbo Slice to appear as a cast member of The Ultimate Fighter 10 reality show. Filming of TUF 10 started today.

“It should be interesting, given some of the things I’ve said about him” said Dana White [Yahoo Sports]

The addition of Kimbo Slice to TUF 10 is a win-win situation for the UFC. Positive – Kimbo Slice brings national notoriety from his fights for EliteXC on CBS, a sure spike in TUF ratings. Positive – If he does bad, Dana White and the UFC can gloat over past statements that Slice is “Not a real Fighter”, “ a joke,” a “bum” and “get murdered if he fought in the UFC”. Positive – If he does good, the UFC can a benefit from his celebrity status and either build him up or feed him to one of the heavyweight beasts (Lesnar, Mir or Velasquez) currently under UFC contract.

TUF 10 was slated to be Middleweights and Heavyweights, but the powers that be had a change of heart, all Heavyweight on TUF 10.

Comments

1. Cobra Clutch says:

Um…last I remembered you have to win your way into the house, and they haven't started filming, yet, have they?

2. dane drebin says:

they changed it for this season it was gunna be middle weights and heavies but they made it 16 heavyweights and they all are all ready in the house. i just read it on yahoo check it out

i actually hope he does good this is pretty cool of him to do its pretty honorable imo makes me gain some respect for him

3. Rampage tweeted that this was his first day at his new job. "I'm starting the first day at my new job. Hope my co-worker likes me! Haha…"

4. other derek says:

its gonna boost the rating big time but kimbo wont go far

5. Cobra Clutch says:

They'll probably make Kimbo go towards the end in case he loses they can get some good house-time and training time with him. Believe me, Dana wants him to do something, but the fool's gotta earn that!

6. Cobra Clutch says:

Ugh…they obviously let them move right in, because they were afraid Kimbo would lose the initial fight then be out after one show. hahaha.

7. dane drebin says:

for sure they are gunna milk kombo for all he's worth its smart on their part. a lot of the time the heavyweights arent real heavyweights too just 205 pounders who fight heavyweight for the shot. kimbo might be able to do well he atleast will be use to the pressure. kimbo seems like a real nice guy that just took the oppurtunity that was handed to him. i dont fault him for it. I'm prtty happy he's taking the hard rout. if lashley does the same tho lashley will destroy him.

8. I'd actually rather see Seth Petrazelli back on the show than kimbo

9. Nichole Lesniak says:

I definitely have mixed feelings on this one….

10. I like this. I want to see how much better he gets and how he acts. Im interested for sure.

11. this is a good idea..let him fight make it on the show, but if he winns It will hurt the sport but he shouldn't win..

12. This is a good move for Dana and it doesnt hurt Kimbo either, he will regain his fame on this show and have the CHANCE the slim chance of winning and going to the UFC to make more money…

Its a win win for Dana, as if Kimbo loses well shit he can gloat that Kimbo couldnt handle it with TUF fighters….if he wins than he can spoon feed him to the UFC heavywieghts like Lesnar, Carwin, Velasquez, CroCop, etc…and let them dominate him and make a mockery of him…So you see its a win win…its all about the money to Dana.

13. it bothers me that kimbo slice made 500,000 for his last fight with Elite XC. I cant think of a top UFC fighter who has ever seen anything close to that. I am amazed that they keep these guys around paying them peanuts when affliction is paying Arlovski 1.5 million to fight Fedor. It is just messed up. Everyone pays more than UFC and they are the richest group going.

14. Nichole Lesniak says:

But jack, that is exactly why other organizations are folding. They can't really afford it.

Fighters in the UFC know it's the better organization regardless of the pay. They sign up for it knowing what they're getting into. They don't like it, they can fight elsewhere.

15. I'm not a Kimbo Supporter at all!!!! But i think Dana may have seen an improvement in his game at the tryouts to even give him a shot, i mean come on, if there were actually quality fighters that he passed up on to put Kimbo on the show, then ask yourself this, is Dan White doing everthing he can to make sure he's getting the best fighters into the UFC?

TIM: "if he wins than he can spoon feed him to the UFC heavywieghts like Lesnar, Carwin, Velasquez, CroCop, etc…and let them dominate him and make a mockery of him…"

True Tim this may be the case, but i dont think any one of the TUF 10 HW's would fair much better against any of the Top Contender's in the HW division.

If he wins good for him!!!!! they will spoon feed him a couple of "easy" fights to see how he does, then throw him to the wolves.

16. Thanks, i agree.

jack, dude there are several UFC stars who make well over a milion per fight, its just not in their base pay….Lesnar made 450K for his win over Randy and randy made 200K for the fight then you throw in their sponsorships and paperview percentages and its well over a million each. Others as well have made close to 500K per fight in base pay as in Liddel if he wins his fights…Rampage, etc… they all have base pay plus win bonuses and most also have paperview percentage as well.

Kimbo first has to make it past the first fight….if he does it works out even better for him and Dana…I do not like Kimbo but you have to respect the man for wanting to go on TUF and have the chance to prove to the world and the UFC he is a REAL MMA fighter.

I am kinda intrigue to see how he does….this will be huge ratings for the UFC at least for as long as Kimbo is on the show.

17. Nichole Lesniak says:

Tim, I agree 100%.

These guys are not hurting for money.

And I agree about Kimbo. As much as I dislike the guy, at least he's going about it the right way this time.

18. other derek says:

could you imagine if fedor and lashly were on it to……lol…….not like fedor would ever go on the show he would get instant title shot………….but it would be crazy money

19. 69insidemytriangle says:

other derek why da fuck would fedor go on Tuf hes got over 30 fights and has been a champion. kimbos got like 4 fights. tuf is for findin new talent dat havent proven demselves. get logical and think like a man. neither of the emelianenko boys be goin on that stupid ass show.

20. other derek says:

69 you obviously don't know how to read……I said he would never go on the show….. dude you sound very immature how about grow a pair …….fooking amatures

21. other derek says:

your probably some punk kid that can't get any ………..BIATCH!

22. 69insidemytriangle says:

my bad playa i must be trippin i didnt see tha end of that last comment. i jus read off of the side thing on the left it cut da rest of da comment off. still tryin to figure dis website out dont hate dont hate

23. Cobra Clutch says:

is that even English? hahaha.

24. other derek says:

cool

25. I know of a guy from TX who is on the show. He's quiet and nice but will rip Kimbo's head off. Kimbo has no ground and pound, he gets gassed way too easy, and is only a striker. He'll get pounded and submitted in about 2 min in the first round!

26. RatAttack68 says:

I think its a good idea for the ufc more people watching and hopefully this season will help the heavy weight division weather or not kimbo makes it only time will tell. They can only give kimbo one or two easy fights and ten it gets tough. Dana is giving him an opportunity and now kimbo just has to take advantage of it, but to be anybody and stay on top for awhile in the ufc you have to be a well rounded fighter not just a striker.

27. RatAttack68 says:

Even tough I like rampage better than evans I hope evans wins he is more rounded than rampage and one day will have another chance at the title.