Josh Barnett Reacts To Dana White’s Criticism

Heavyweight Josh Barnett on The MMA Happy Hour talking about UFC Presidents Dana Whites “unprofessional” comments about himself and other MMA organizations. Barnett is scheduled to face Brett Rogers in the quarterfinals of the Strikeforce Heavyweight Tournament.

Comments

1. MMA Fighter says:

Absolutely agree…Dana could promote the UFC without bashing everyone else. He has a superior product so he should be proud and above all the trash-talk. Psych proves that someone that is always bashing other is insecure. Dana- the UFC is the best and you have nothing to be insecure about, at least nothing that we know about….maybe your wife would disagree!

2. ironcjb82 says:

Dana White is an asshole, plain and simple. Talks like an angry old man when he is a billionare. He disrespects everything that the ufc is not involved with. Maybe Dana has a small dick or something…I bet he drives a big truck.

3. Muay Thai says:

Barnett is so overrated. I remember at one point he was ranked number 2 heavyweight and I was wondering who he beat to even get that high. Barnett does have a record that nobody will ever beat in MMA though. The only person to test positive for steroids 3 times. In my opinion that sums up his entire career.

4. P4P #1 Fan says:

Muay Thai- I disgree with your thinking that he is over-rated. He has been inactive for long periods of time due to the testing positive and to not having a contract but he has only lost 5 times to 3 different fighters. He has beaten some great fighters. Being in this tournament should show where he belongs amongst the best because he could potentially go up Fedor, Allistair, and Werdum.

5. A lot of what Josh said was very incoherent and didn't really have a point, his opening argument was kind of lost in metaphors and slowly became less logical. But I do like the guy, I don't defend his steroid use but I do like they guy as a fighter and I'm looking forward to seeing him beat Brett Rogers.

6. Some people might think Barnett is over rated but you can't count him out. I would'nt be surprised if he wins the tournament or comes close. I would love to see it come down to Fedor and Barnett! I just hope he's layed off the steroids. Strikeforce and UFC card for Febuary is the shit,I got my money on Vitor and Fedor. Im just glad Dana wasnt a DICK and put UFC on the same night as Strikeforce.

7. Jojo Dancer says:

Josh Barnett sounds like a total buffoon. The obvious things every one knows are Dana White is hyper-aggressive in promoting UFC, and Dana White gets over the top when talking about how much better every fighter in UFC is over every other fighter in the world. That being said Josh Barnett what the hell are you talking about. The clip played was about Dana White talking about your multiple steroid test failures. You never brought that up…wonder why?. For you to say Dana White hasn't been good for the sport is just silly. I cant stand his fat mouth (Dana) but I have to respect the amount of coverage he has brought to a sport I have watched since the inception of the UFC. I have to think without Dana, MMA would still have progressed as a sport in the past 10 to 15 years but would it be as big as it is now. No way. Period.

8. Jojo Dancer says:

People overlook the things the UFC has done for MMA in past 15 years. Although he acts like an ape, talks like an ape, and actually kinda looks like an ape, the old adage is not true. Dana White has cleaned UFC up. Giving it a fair and safe set of rules and procedures. Standardizing alot of the procedures and activities helped the sport gain credibility quickly. I think these seemingly small things helped the rise of this sport much more than the average viewer recognizes. Another quick dig at Barnett, isn't it painful listening him try to carry on an intellegent banter.

9. It's funny how this devolves at the end to how he could be interesting in the ufc. He slaps a hypothetical sticker on it, but you can tell he's lobbying for his job back in the ufc, at least a little bit.

He never acknowledges what the video is actually about. He only says it's an attack on him and sf. Does it clearly call out Barnett's steroid bs? Yes, it does, and i think he should be called out on it every time someone feels the need. He was busted more times than anyone else that's still in the sport. Dana White calls sf the little league, and it's obvious why. they need people with bigger names, no matter what the circumstances are on their release from their last job.

10. Barnett is a joke, a bad punch line to the throwback days of MMA.

He single handedly destroyed Elite XC and never even appologized to the fans, fighters, or promotion. He is everything that is wrong with the sport.

11. Dana may have a big ego and deride the little organizations, but any fan of MMA owes him respect for taking our little cult sport and making it into a major sport that will only continue to grow.

12. where was the ufc before that circus, where was it before dana white. does he state his opinion in an arrogant manner that belittles everyone else… yes, but he has done a tone for ufc and the popularity of mma period. him and the TUF 1 finale with forest and boner.

13. All HELL DANA WHITE! THESE FIGHTERS AINT SHIT WITH OUT HIM. Not MMA but DWF { Dana Whites Fighters}. Its all about his fighters are way better than any other fighters outside {DWF}. I watch MMA because of the fighters, not him or UFC or Strikeforce.

14. King Kong says:

Clay, who thinks the Fighters are not shit without him?

But the progression of the sport has improved drastically because of him. That's the point.

15. Yeah dude, no one thinks that w/o dana there wouldn't be mma, but what dana was talking about in the video is how josh barnett is out for himself. Seems to be the truth to me.

josh never responded to anything dana white said in that vid. all he said was that he was just trying to make sf and himself (barnett) look bad.

Here's the thing about dana, he isn't gonna talk up a fighter in another organization. That's just advertising for them, and he's a business man with the lead product. What he will do is praise a fighter who is out of contract (ie jake Shields) and make it public who he's trying to get.

16. Clay your post had no relevancy to the discussion, Lol. I might have just made up my own word Haha. And it's not all "HELL" dana white, It's all "hail" to dana white.

17. Flying Armbar says:

He has done so much for the sport. He has the #1 organization, brand, and best fighters…so why does he have to constantly rip on other organizations, black ball brands that sponsor fighters that did not fight with him, and talk smack about fighter that wont sign with him or have left him…why? All of that is unnecessary garbage that the UFC and the sport do not need. I may be sounding like a Tony Robbins infomercial or a church surmon, but should turn all that negativity in positive marketing for the UFC and sport in general.

18. …and then he should dance and sing!

19. Gracie Fighter says:

What…Timmie- your post made absolutely no sense and was not funny. Think before you post.

20. MMA maniac says:

The UFC still has a long way to go in terms of growth. YEs it is mainstream. I dont mind Dana talking negative about other organizations and fighters because he has the best quality brand. He saved this sport and convinced the ferttitas to buy it 2001. who ever thought this would become a sport back in the 1995. He still has a lot of work to do please appreciate him

21. MMA Fighter says:

I appreciate what he has done but the constant drama with Strikeforce, Pride, Affliction, Elite XC, Bellator, IFL…this isn't a soap opera. I want to watch fights and not hear him bitch about how everyone else sucks and he is the best. He is the one that brings others to hate him. I love the UFC..I appreciate what he has done for the UFC…but a true MMA fan wants more than just the UFC. In a perfect world, there would be a minor league system that would feed fighters to the UFC and as fighters lost a few times and their skills dimished, they would go back down and then an up and comer would come up, then you would truly have the top 15 to 20 fighters in each weight class fighting it out…but this is not a perfect world. So we are given options to see other orgs and other top fighters. So why feud? it is nonsense.