Joe Rogan vs The Voice Discuss Fedor vs Brock Lesnar

A great interview debate between Joe Rogan and “The Voice” Michael Schiavello on HDNet.

Comments

1. Bahamut says:

What a couple of tools… I can't stand either of these guys. They both begin yapping when things are at their most heated! The only thing missing from this conversation is a handgrenade; someone missed an opportunity.

2. How many pro mma fights with a worlwide audience have you done commentary on? Easy to be critic when you don't have to put yourself out there. Try the mute button on your tv.And the off button on your computer.

3. Gonzo, I'm guessing he'd have to turn off his computer. His username is Bahamut from Final Fantasy. He probably wrote that while he waited for World of Warcraft to load.

4. I hope his parents basement is warm enough for him.

5. Oswald Gobblecock says:

You guys are jerks! I'd never be mean to anybody on here. lol

6. Bahamut might be a little too hateful but I can see

where he's coming from. These two are a couple of the

most biased commentators in the business.

They're both good at what they do but they'd be a lot better if they weren't so blatant about who they were rooting for.

Especially when you're watching Joe say stuff like

Belcher was robbed, I don't know HOW the judges scored that fight for Akiyama (not your place Joe and I'm glad people bugged the shit out of you, saying you're wrong)

or watching Schiavello and his team jump up and down with joy and high five each other when overeem lost against hari in the GP. (disgusting)

imo/ you're allowed to be a fan, just not while you're doing a job that is supposed to be unbiased.

7. AFRAIDOR MILLIONERKO says:

I don't think Rogan is biased….just BAKED! He is so off some days….whenever he rolls his eyes to the back of his skull and drops his jaw wide open to say how "phenoooooomenaaal" or "faaaaabulouuuus" some fighter is…bet that dude is about to go down and hard! On the plus side he is a funny em effer when he does stand up….and you can bet that Fear is not a Factor for him!

8. Don't forget "Illusive" and "craaaazy"

and since we're doing quotes : the best quote ever, "Houston Alexander is for REAL!"

9. CobraClutch says:

Joe's more opinionated than biased. Watching the first Machida/Shogun fight it sounded like Shogun was his buddy, sure, but I think he's the color commentator, so he has a little more leeway than others to be more opinionated. I think it's Mike Goldberg's job to be the informational "straight man" and just tell it like it's happening. Did you guys watch the Mayweather/Mosley fight? It sounded like they were coaching for Mosley the whole time, talking about what Mosely has to do to win, and this was at the beginning. but then when it was obvious that Mayweather was handing him his ass, they then started talking about what a great fighter Mayweather was. I happens. It's just the way things are, but I agree, you should keep the rah rah to a minimum, and that's what I honestly think Rogan does. I don't think he's out of line with anything.

Love Joe Rogan quotes! They're so lame, and so good at the same time. Hahahah. Like when Carwin was pummeling Mir and it went to the ground right before the end, and Mir happened to grab Carwin's wrist for one second before taking a nap on the canvas, Rogan yells, "Mir's got an arm!!!!!" hahaha. Like he was close to a submission or something. hahaha

10. Bahamut says:

Sorry to offend you fanboys… Joe does have a nice body! He and the other guy just remind me of yapping chiuauas whenver things get exciting during a fight. "Oh he's in trouble!" they scream. Or, "the choke is in deep!". No shit?

You show your age referring to Final Fantasy. Bahamut comes from the 70's but I'm not here to educate, just offer an opinion on some annoying commentators. Believe me, I judicioulsy use the mute and fast forward on recorded events. The only thing that matters is the two people in the octogan/ring.

11. CobraClutch says:

Well, thank you, Lord Bahamut, for blessing us fan boys with your opinions on Joe Rogan's body. hahaha.

12. ChineseNuts says:

Bahamut (Arabic: ????? Baham?t) is a giant omnipotent being in Arabian mythology, thus the Christian counterpart, Behemoth and the vocabulary significance. The book of Job also makes reference to a creature named "Behemoth," from which the Christian counterpart may also be borrowed. Bahamut rides on a giant whale creature called Liwash that resides in a vast sea, the Adwad. He supports a huge bull named Kujuta who supports a rock of ruby, atop which stands an angel who supports the seven heavens.

So with that said, oh omnipotent one, Bahamut came about way before the 70's, way to research your facts!

13. Thanks ChineseNuts.

On another non Wikipedia note, why all of this talk lately of Fedor coming to the UFC? As a fan, I would love to see it someday soon but I'm afraid it won't happen unless it is five years from now when thy are trying to wake him from retirement.

And, why isn't Fedor fightng Overeem? Is it because they are hoping that Rogers will beat him therefore setting up a rematch with Fedor? Wouldn't it make more sense to just let Fedor fight for the belt against Overeem? This seems very Dana White-ish.

14. CobraClutch says:

Fedor is not fighting Overeem because M-1 was having contract disputes with Strikeforce (big surprise, right? and there's your reason we won't see Fedor in the UFC any time soon), and Strikeforce wasn't sure that they could have a Fedor fight any time soon.

So, they have Rogers go up against Overeem because they could make that fight happen, Overeem needed to defend the title, and Rogers was pretty much all they had left to go against Alistair.

The winner of Fedor/Werdum will undoubtedly get the next crack at the title. I predict Fedor/Rogers II.

15. ChineseNuts says:

Not a wikipedia ref, I studied mythology in my younger days…..

As for Fedor, M-1 is the only thing that can defeat him….

Gonna kill his legacy with how picky they are being in contract disputes.