Frank Mir Reveals Truth About TUF 8 and Junie Browning

Frank Mir takes a stand and lest loose about the truth on what really happened during this season of The Ultimate Fighter 8 reality series.

Comments

1. Frank Mir keepin' it real…

2. No kidding where was this guy on the show. On the show I thought Frank looked like he didn't care. Not in this interview. He makes a ton of good points. This interview explains a lot about what the producers do to make sure they get good reality T.V. from the fighters.

3. Antihero20 says:

Mir keeping it real indeed, this guy is now one of my favs, i'd like to train with him, thats a good coach

4. damn, frank is long winded. but he does make a good point that viewers often get too caught up in the show that they don't put things into context. thanks for making me remember, frank. i hope mir comes into shape. he was a great fighter in the pre-accident days and came in shape. i hope he gets the conditioning down and tones up them muscles, because nog is always ready for 5 rounds.

5. I agree, I kinda thought mir was a dick after the show but I would have been pretty sick of Junies shit after about ten minutes myself, its prolly hard to be motivated when you have to deal with a terd sandwich like that guy all the time, I gave me a warm fuzzy feeling when efrain kicked his ass.

6. They made Nog look like a leader on the show and Mir looked like he was just trying to be one of the guys. I'm glad he cleared some of this up. I still don't know how much I want to see Mir-Lesnar 2 so I'm still rooting for Nog in this fight.

7. great interview!!! i know why mir is one of my favarite fighters!!! no B.S. kind of guy!!!

8. TartanTorpedo says:

He is right about the production crew for the show, Junie was a dream guy for them, bet they were rubbing their hands atr what he might do next. I still prefer Nog as Mir still came out with quite a few arrogant comments on the show especially towards Nog but then again the counter argument is was it just biased editing.

9. Oswald Gobblecock says:

This vid errored for me.

10. cocoonofhorror says:

Murr. ball peen hamMurrr. Murry x-mas!

11. Obviously u ccant completly act the same as u do on and off camera and yeah they put alcohol in the house to start shit but thats what people tune in to see. A bunch of crazy shit. Sure seeing the fight is good but half of the fights r shitty. And you want to root for somebody and you want to hate a guy and see him get his face smashed in. They make love me or hate me fighters in TUF seasons that will build a fan base and become big stars. If a fighter is good and has no personality you arent gonna care to see him fight as much as the guy who is running his mouth. Sorry Mir I know your mad but like U said U knew thats what u were getting into so stop complaining. What did u expect? Other then that it was a good interview lol.

12. He must of seen himself on the show and been surprised about what he is like so this is also a way for him to repent for himself. Although good for him he is one of the better well spoken fighters.

13. He makes a good point about the pranks, but I could definately see where Nog was coming from on that. If it wasn't a tv show, I would completely agree with Nog.

14. mir has some good points but still he is going to lose to nog

15. Isnt "Junie Browning" french for ass clown?

16. i like junie and i think he will be agood fighter and i realy dont think junie really acts like that in real life and each fight junie fight in he looked worst becasue he has not carteo at all and i thin we will see a different junie on the UFN sat

17. I've heard from several fighters that didn't make the show that SpikeTV gets to choose 80% of the fighters. I'm sure it might be sour grapes but I buy into the validity of it. Although some quality fighters have came from TUF. There are 5 or 6 guys that are complete scrubs every season. At least they have to fight to get on the show now. But that leaves us with tough guy shit talker VS punk ass bitch. It's a lose lose situation when "ratings" are who choses the fighters.

18. good point mir, the tuf dose preduce some good/great fighters e.g phillipe nover is gonna be around for a long time (i think) but at the same time it is reality tv and what u watch is 99.9 per cent bullshit im just glad mir has had his chance to show his proper side bcoz they did make him look like an unprofsional dick. other than that still think nog will win, frank beats nogs arse for a couple of rounds then gets caught. another broken record fight for nog. i quote nog– yea yea yea butifull baby butifull

19. junie browning now trains with randy couture at his camp with forrest and tyson griffin along with scott smith….i read around that since the show he has "reformed"

20. i have said it before its all about ratings on that show..and an interesting plot line..like they are being coached into doing something

21. We may have been baited into a lot of this on a grand scheme of things. What if junie's act is together and in a year or two he is fighting nover for no 1 contender at lw. How many people would want to see a focused junie and talented nover in a big fight (raises hand and waves it around).

22. dane drebin says:

i disagree zalbag i dont think junie is as good as u think he is. ya he looked ood fighting his way onto the show but his other two fights were kinda pathetic if u ask me.

23. Junie has a lot to learn. If he doesn't get his head together his talent alone isn't going to get him to a title shot. Team Couture was a good move though. As screwed up as he was on the show I hope he cleans up his life and turns out to be a good fighter.

24. yeah I don't deny that his other two fights were pathetic. I have seen about 11 or 12 of his other fights on youtube and mmajunkie. Plus he still has the technical skills and athleticism. If anything I would'nt totally disagree if someone were too say that he has shown no example of power. If you watch the fight with Efrain you can see that he has good striking accuracy and he was much quicker than him. He has good knowledge of boxing and does know how to wrestle but doesnt display his good wrestling skills in the cage that I have seen. I think he would make a good boxer if went that direction, and still think that he has lots of natural talent.

25. Frank is the man!

He really is a great fighter and coach!! And he would do great motivational speaking!! Mir and Nog is going to be great.

26. Nichole Lesniak says:

Please tell me you're being sarcastic, Jeff….