Frank Mir Interested in Fighting Anderson Silva at a Catchweight of 235 lbs.

Frank Mir is willing to drop down to 235 lbs. to face the illusive Anderson Silva.

Comments

1. OK I am officially convinced that Frank Mir has lost his fucking mind!

2. i say ………let's get it on!!!

3. mike gorell says:

Frank has literally become retarded. he wants anderson to come up 50 pounds and frank to come down 20 or 30. i wish, but it will never happen, that anderson does this and whips his retarded ass and retire him. i really used to like frank but with his love of Brocks butt i dont know what has happened to him. frank should ask urijah faber to come up to 225lbs to fight also.

4. ChineseNuts says:

I'm up for that…. It would make an interesting matchup!

5. What do you mean Interesting match up? Silva is like ten times quicker than Mir and will him look silly.

6. CobraClutch says:

frank mir = attention whore…

7. ChineseNuts says:

I know, that's why it would be interesting…. Mir would be stronger, Silva would be faster… Mir would be flabby, Silva would be the better dancer…

It would be interesting to see how the fight plays out for S&Gs…..

8. chinesenuts- a 235 mire wouldnt be flabby in any way

jay- it would be an interesting matchup for a lot of reasons. silva is the fast one and mir is the strong one. anderson is one of the best strikers ever and mir is amazing on the ground and has the size and takedowns to put anderson on his back. also big nog lost to mir and anderson could avenge him.

Mike gorell- asking anderson to go to 235 isnt that crazy thats what he walks around at when hes not fighting

9. Texas Rebel says:

I agree with Dane

10. ChineseNuts says:

In comparrison with silva…. but then again… rethinking it, Silva might be the flabby one since he walks around close to that before cutting down….

11. mike gorell says:

anderson would never stay even close to 235 with training the correct way. his speed would slow down drastically. frank needs to concentrate on a heavyweight. lets say this dream match did happen and frank won, what would that prove, that frank beat a guy that was 50 pounds over weight for a fight. that would get frank zero respect.

12. What needs to happen is a weight class in between light heavyweight and heavyweight. Something for the guys who don't need to be in heavyweight and the guys who cut so much to go to light heavyweight. It would be a tough crowd in my opinion

13. I have told my friends for the longest time, if Dana could ever sign Fedor, I would love to see Fedor drop weight and Silva go up in weight and see this superfight. I don't know exactly what weight Fedor is exactly, but he seems to be on the lower end of the heavyweights. Maybe at 205.

14. CobraClutch says:

I think the Fedor/Silva fight would be a better fit than a Silva/Mir fight. The weight difference is just too much, and mike is right…what's the point of that fight anyways? It's just to give Mir an ago boost and be attached to another main card which = bigger pay day. That's all he cares about is hyping up every fight to keep the money coming in, because he knows he's over-hyped and not as skilled as he thinks he is.

15. Frank has been stopped viciously by bigger guys lately, I think he's just looking to be the bigger guy for once. Can't say that I think that would be to his advantage in this case because he'd never be able to get to Silva, Silva runs away too fast.