Fedor: UFC Lacks Respect For Their Fighters

Fedor Emelianenko,

“UFC is a money making machine. The most important thing for this organization is a brand and it’s marketing. They have a couple of good fighters and there are also some very good champions; but they are trying to keep everyone at the same level. The most important thing for them is the promotion, not the fighters. I think that they lack a respect for their fighters. As for me, I became a thorn in their side… We are constantly negotiating, but only during recent time the Americans began to show some respect. The dialogue between us is completely different right now. They are more interested in our opinion.” [Trans: LowKick]

Fedor Emelianenko is proving to be a “Thorn in the UFC’s side”. In a recent UFC rant on a Russian MMA news site, Fedor claims that the UFC has finally starting to show him respect in recent negotiations.

Dana White on sports talk 790, talks about the difficulty signing Fedor.

Comments

1. I kinda agree with Fedor in the sense that UFC needs to respect its fighters more.

2. How should they respect the more them more, give a few examples:

3. I hear ya dude and I agree, UFC allows their fighters to turn down opponents, biggest paydays overall, best coverage, and best marketing by far; that's pretty damn good. What else does Fedor want?

It's a Fight League, not a club.

4. This is what I have been saying all along about Dana White. Instead of promoting his fighters, he is too busy disrespecting other promotions and fighters outside of his reach. He also is too concerned about how much control he has over each UFC fighter. If you don't do things his way you are out, regardless of how good you are. While there is a part of this I can respect, there is a limit to everything. Dana only signs fighters who will do exactly as he says. He has gotten away with it so far somehow. There are even those on this website who frequently say that it was all Fedor's fault and that he must be too afraid of the UFC HWs which is a joke for anyone who truly follows this sport. One of these days, it will catch up to him and he'll lose a guy like Anderson Silva at the top of his game and the blind followers of Dana's will finally stop trusting and supporting him. We all saw Don King take down boxing and Dana is aquiring the same power and attitude.

5. There is a lot of truth to that, but there is certainly a lot of respect toward his fighters as well. How may HTH Organizations do you know that gives Fighters a choice of who they wish to face. Which I think is absurd.

You are right, its not Fedor's fault, but it is his choice.

6. gSP is a whore says:

WHO CARES?!!!!!

Fedor does not want to face the best. END OF STORY

Let's get on with the great HW matches!

7. P4P #1 Fan says:

Dana is a cocky bastard and it is killing him that he cannot sign Fedor. All while Dana is trying to make Fedor look bad, Dana is looking like the asshole. Dana spoke very repectfully of Fedor, then when they could not reach the negotiations, he trashed him…come on Dana! He has gone through this before with fighters, coaches, sponsors and he finally is dealing with someone that has the power to say no. It cracks me up that the more Fedor gives him the finger, the more Dana wants him. How you like them apples Dana?

8. Kung Fu Panda says:

I hope that he does sign at some point but that he milks Dana for every last penny he can!

9. Dana White says:

Guys, I came to the realization that Fedor does not want to fight the best fighters in the world. I have done everything possible to make this happen. I have flown to crazy parts of the world…sucked the Russian's dick, swallowed him, tea bagged him……………

10. AFRAIDOR MILLIONERKO says:

lets all be completely honest…the time to watch Fedor vs the best fighters has passed. After Overeem is done with him, the mystique will be over and fewer fans will care anymore. Truth be told, That is the guy I would like to see move up and onward…much more interesting, much scarier. Should Dana ever do what is needed to land Affraidor…it will be too late, like wandI vs chuck….and btw, what is more respectful than offering more money than you have ever made in your life?! if that is negative sand disrespectful, PLEASE be negative and disrespectful to me.

11. P4P #1 Fan says:

Afraidor, While I am a Fedor fan, I can honestly say that I cannot disagree with your last post. All jokes and bullshit aside, you bring up 3 great points. #1. Overeem is a freaking monster. Rogers is not even in the top ten but Overeem just destroyed him. Overeem is not the same fighter that we saw in Pride. His striking would have to be the best of all HWTs- not talking power, I am talking about the technical aspects of striking, considering he was a K1 fighter. And based on his size and strength, his power has to be up there with Brock and Carwin. His ground game is not the best but is decent. His stance in his fight with Rogers was perfect-he was low in his stance where he would not give a wrestler the opportunity to take him down. I honestly could see him beating Fedor, not so much because he is better than Fedor but more than anything, due to his power and size. #2. A deal will get done with Fedor at some point but by then, it will be too late, where he will not be the same fighter that he has been. #3. In the long run, the better option would be for the UFC to sign Overeem. I predict that Overeem could be the future champ of the UFC.

12. Who cares what Fedor has to say. He is a joke. He fights for M-1 who wont let him fight anyone worth a shit. I hope he retires soon so we don't have to talk about this has been anymore.

13. AFRAIDOR MILLIONERKO says:

I won't call Fedor a has been, not yet. Although, as M1's bread and butter, it would seem that he would have more pull than he claims. He strikes me as a man devoid of the passion for the sport he once had. He obviously has no interest in taking out the top competition, and I won't be surprised to see him/them find a way to further delay a match with overeem should he get past werdum. When I see him beat a guy who isn't a former ufc champ, or tire jockey, then I will be impressed. Till then- yawn.

14. Do you really believe Dana when he saying that he offered Fedor bogus amounts of money? I mean Dana is a smart business man Do you really think he would offer one man 10 or 20 times more than top fighters like GSp and Brock?

15. WHODINI says:

im glad he dissed them

16. In Fedors video interview he said "I don't think I'm the best or the strongest fighter."

I agree with Fedor about what he said about himself. I don't think he's the best or the strongest either. In strikeforce the best HW is Overeem ( and I hope dana signs him also, he's a monster). And until Fedor beats Overeem then I say Overeem is the best and the strongest in strikeforce.

And since he's so loyal to M-shit and will never fight in the UFC then he can never claim to be better than any of their heavyweights either. The best HW in the ufc will be decided when the winner of Carwin/Lesnar faces Cain.

I totally agree with what Fedor says about Himself. He's NOT the best. The champs are the best and he hasnt fought any of them in the past 3 years.

17. AFFRAIDOR MILLIONAIR says:

Scarier still was how Overeem just ManHandleD that dude…made him look like a friggin high school kid in the ring with him,,,tossed him into the corner like he had an invisible helper! Plus he has decent ground game…? Dunno, but my top 3 HW's just got a little shuffled.

18. P4P #1 Fan says:

Has anyone heard anything on Josh Barnett? While I don't feel sorry for the guy due to him taking roids, he has beaten some good fighters and he was really looking sharp in the Affliction events…I wonder if he will fight in the US again.

19. Agred Overeem the best striker along with Anderson silva. Shogun coudnt handle overeem's striking he had to take him down and ground him out.

20. Aldo Raine says:

P4P #1 Fan….Josh Barnett has a fight coming up with Geronimo Dos Santos. I truthfully don't know much about this Dos Santos guy. I think Barnetts in the same situation as Fedor. He will never be top ranked again because he doesn't have the competition to fight and I don't think the UFC. I have never really been impressed with Barnett. I mean the guy was ranked number 2 heavyweight by beating Pedro Rizzo and Gilbert Yvel. I remember everyone talked about how good Yvel was and he came to the UFC and got destroyed. Never been impressed with Barnett. Overeem I think has potential but I'm not ready to put him in the same class of striker as Anderson Silva. I personally think that Overeem is the best HW in Strikeforce. I think he could beat Fedor. I dont think M-1 will ever let him face Overeem but I think Overeem could beat him. I dont think I would put Overeem in my top 5. Maybe one more fight like he had against Rodgers and he would be top 5 for me.

21. Well for starters the UFC closes an eye to steriods. They have hall of famers who take steriods like Ken Shamrock, Royce Gracie. Also Ex champion belt holders like Sean Sherk, Tim Sylvia etc. In a way they allow steriods to make more money because freak shows attract viewers. Fedor is a true sportsman and will not take steriods, just look at the physique differences between Fedor and UFC champs. Naturally muscluar? Yeah right.

22. Sherk is the only one of those fighters you mentioned that currently fights in the UFC, and while I agree that Fedor is an honorable fighter, the fact that he ducks any serious contenders speaks much louder.