EliteXC Video: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott Trailer

Kimbo Slice takes on Tank Abbott on February 16 at the University of Miami’s BankUnited Arena in Miami, Fl.

Comments

1. i don't think this fight will go more than 30 seconds in the first round. kimbo has beaten all the street punks, and tank is no different. tank is just a fat bar brawler with no ground skills. kimbo by KO within 30 seconds.

2. Thats a good preview trailer. It makes it seem like its going to be a brawling war. But yeah, Derek you're probably right, it might not last even 30 seconds. The intros will probably be more entertaining than the fight.

3. smokin' joe says:

C'mon, Tank has no ground skillz? Kimbo made a name for himself beating up street thugs at best. When he goes 30 minutes with world class competition like Oleg Tactarov, or competes with the likes of Don Frey or any of a number of true badasses that Tank has fought, then I'll admit that he belongs in the cage with the likes of Tank Abbott. If it's a competition at all it will only be because Tank is far past his prime. Kimbo is counting on it to make a name for himself. As old as he is, I'd still bet the farm on a true UFC competitor over any undisciplined thug.

4. smokin' joe says:

No offense intended, any MMA fan is my kind of people, just my opinion…

5. Kimbo used to be an undisciplined thug but Bas Rutten vouches for his dedication in the gym as well as his natural talent. One day the guy could be at the top of the division if he keeps working technique and his ground game. Look at that Inside MMA video at the top of the page and half way through Bas answers a lot of questions about Kimbo's training.

6. i said it once, and i'll say it again — i want to see brock lesnar vs. kimbo slice!

7. dane drebin says:

kimbo vs tank = muscled up crazy young black street brawler vs fat old legend that became a legend by being a brawler…. kimbo wins it easily unless there is a lucky punch which i tghink would be hilarious

8. What does being a BLACK street brawler have anything to do with? LOL…

Anyway, Tank isn't just some no nothing street thug like you think derek. And as far as his ground skills he was actually an all american wrestler. He also boxed for a number of years. He is past his prime and will probably get beat by Kimbo (hopefully not). Tank is obviously being used as a stepping stone to further Kimbo's MMA career. I hope the plan backfires.

9. Joe, i gotta say that dane didnt mean anything by that…he had my back when we were arguing against some guy that kept posting racist comments so dont worry about that lol. But this fight doesn't mean anything. If Kimbo wins than he beat up an old guy, if he loses he will get exposed as being a less than average MMA fighter…I'm really hoping Kimbo turns out to be the real deal…Bas Rutten does give him very high praise in Inside MMA video

10. kimbo should win and tank can wrestle he just dosn't have the cardio for wrestling i say he has to win in the first 2 minutes or he dosn't have a chance.kimbo seems to have a good chin and better boxing skills so he better not lose or it will look pretty bad for him.it is a step up compared to his other fights hopefully if he wins he will take another step up in his next fight.

11. wow that was just all kimbo and not tank in it.. i hope tank win but idk if he will

12. I was just kidding about Dane's comment. That doesn't bother me. One thing about your comment though Brandon. I hate to get your hopes up about Kimbo, but I think you're going to be disappointed (in the long run). Think about this: Do you think Bas Rutten is really going to say "this Kimbo guy sucks?" Of course he's going to give him high praise. I hope kimbo drops his hands and Tank knocks the gold out of his face.

13. dane drebin says:

i didnt mean anything by saying black lol im far from racist i have many black friends. what i was saying is that kimbos on the rise and tanks been done since the 90's. kimbo has a lot more to lose in this situation but honestly i could care less about this fight

14. I'm with you. This fight means nothing to me.

15. garrett abbott says:

I think that my uncle tank is going to kick the shit out of kimbo nd he is going to to go out there to prove that he can knock out all people at any time.

16. motohead1993 says:

let kimbo fight in ufc and c what he is made of

17. i said it before, and i'll say it again. the kimbo-tank fight will be over in less than 30 seconds. mark my words. it'll either finish by knockout, ground and pound, or ref stoppage. there won't be any submissions. though kimbo and tank are the same weight, tank is all water weight, while kimbo is pure muscle (plus a 5 pound beard).

18. dane drebin says:

ya kimbo's the favorite for a reason

19. Jun Da Silva says:

Out of the past 10 fights Tank has won 3, Tank was the brawler of the early years of the UFC but as all fighters sooner or later you have to call it quits, especially when it comes to fighting Kimbo. I've seen this guy train and once he turns on that switch be very careful he's a beast. Matt Hughes couldn't beat Royce Gracie in his prime but when they fought (UFC 60) Royce should have stood out of the cage seeing him get beat down by Matt was a sad day. I believe if it was Kimbo vs Tank 10 years ago it might have been a good fight but mark my words this fight will be over in less than a minute. Sorry Tank, Kimbo has Bas Rutten as his trainer and unless you have a hand grenade hidden in your shorts you don't really have a chance, so sit down have yourself a six-pack of Ice House or what ever might be your beverage of choice and hang up the gloves or you might get seriously hurt.

20. Tank will beat Kimbo i'v seen all kimbo's fights he doesn't have knock out power tank has a better chin and a harder punch he might be fat but this fight will be alot harder than those so call street fighters that suck.

21. If Kimbo went in UFC He would so badly get beat he is a street fighter.

Kimbo vs anderson silva or mirko cro- cop or anyone he couldn't do shit in UFC And that will tell you when Tankster beats him

22. Those lucky punches arn't lucky if tank hits you your going down

the only way i see kimbo wining this fight if he takes him down wich will probaly happen cause he wont be able to stand with tank wich i think is bullshit this should be a pure brawl the whole fight and then we will see the best street fighter in miami

23. fletcher tank is tough but he is out of shape and past his prime and heavy handed but not a great boxer he has lost almost every fight he has fought in the last 9 years getting knocked out and submitted by guys that are not the top level.i agree if it where when he was in his prime kimbo might not stand a chance but thats not the case i think kimbo can out box him or beat him on the ground and kimbo is improving where tank is fading.

24. Jun Da Silva says:

Excuse me but do you really know whats Tank Abbotts MMA game, he's a "BRAWLER" thats it, no jiu-jitsu skills, no muay thai skills, nada zilch, so where do you come out saying he's better than Kimbo their both brawlers but at least Kimbo has way more discipline, power and stamina, etc.., than Tank and as I said before Tank has to hang up the "stone wash shorts" and "wife beater" and call it quits because he's done. Trust me I know this fight is just so Kimbo moves up the ranks to a real fight, all you "stoners" that believe Tank has chance to win, get off the couch and stop playing your X-Box or PlayStation3 and get into the real world of MMA.

25. I think.. no no Scratch that I know that kimbo slice will smash tank abbott

26. Short of a lucky punch while tank has some power…which is probably just the first 30 seconds, this one is in the bag for Kimbo. I'll be putting money into my Bodog account for that one for sure. I don't know too much about the Elite HW division so I couldnt say who would be a good fight for Kimbo. I'll bet his next fight will be against Gannon.

27. damm kimbo is a beast but tank a legend. im pulling for tank kimbo needs to get his ass beat

28. Jun Da Silva says:

Ok "Mexican" if you base your opinion on just legends should win fights then I'll give you Tank and I'll take Paulo Filho don't worry Tank's a legend he'll win, yeah right. I think Tank needs is ass beat even more than he's been getting by fighters no one even knows. Go back to your PlayStation and bong don't worry everything is going to be alright

29. I don't get the whole "stoner" and "bong" thing. Why are the people who want Tank to win being corrulated with "stoners?" Tank has a legitimate chance. Kimbo isn't at the top of the heap either.

30. Jun Da Silva says:

Joe only if your playing some fighting game on your Xbox would you even consider Kimbo and Tank a real fight. Tank does not have a chance if for some miracle he would win, Kimbo would be laughed at so hard he would have to retire. I know many people might dislike Kimbo because they say he's a "street thug" but other than having some street fights is he really a criminal none of us is perfect but God lets not judge Kimbo for his motivation to becoming a real MMA fighter. Why is Tank so much better Tank, Tank has almost the same fighting history as Kimbo just his were beating up drunks in bars so stop throwing stones at Kimbo because this is just becoming a black vs. white issue.

31. dane drebin says:

hahaha how is it becomming a black vs white issue? i think kimbo is going to win for sure but man ur arguments are gettin straight up wierd. the fact of the matter is tank doesnt take the sport seriously but just likes to figh. ok we get it hes out of shape he thinks its badass that he never turns a fight down and so on and so forth. odds are kimbo will win this. kimbo has the most to lose by far in this one. that being said this is mma and anyone can beat anyone on a given night. u dont ahve to be smoking pot or playing x-box (whatever that means) to know if an inshape focused tank abott who by the way benches around 600 pounds, hits u in the face flush there is a big chance ur goin out for the count. he is an underdog but still has a dangerous wild style that can catch people if they arent carefull. kimbo is the huge favorite for a reason but tank is a wiley veteran that deserves respect. stop getting so over emotional with the "stoner" and "x-box" comments… everyone has their own views its just a fight.

32. If it was not for YouTube would anyone really care at all about this fight. Yes it will be nice to see a couple of guys trying like hell to knock each other out but other than that this fight does not mean much. I respect Tank for fighting anyone anytime but his best days are past him and as far as Kimbo goes I would like to see him fight someone with good MMA skills and not just another brawler.

33. kimbo will win this. first, there is a huge size difference, though they weigh about the same. the fight will be over in less than 30 seconds. tank will come out quickly throwing big punches. kimbo naturally would want to slug it out, but i bet you he won't; he'll most likely push tank back into the fence (like he did with mercer and cantrell) and pound tank there.

34. Jun Da Silva says:

My reason for being upset is you guys aren't giving Kimbo any credit and thinking Tank is a some kind of well rounded MMA fighter like Dan Henderson, first you have to be in top form and he's about 10 years older than Kimbo and out of shape, Tank can get seriously hurt out there. Who cares that he could bench press 600lbs just to let you know that doesn't make you a great fighter if it did he wouldn't have lost 7 of his last 10 fights. Kimbo being trained by Bas Rutten means much more, Kimbo is much more well rounded than Tank. Kimbo is going to show all you rookies whats up. The early days of the UFC were just about who could out box who those days are over today its about your muay thai, jiu-jitsu and striking skills. Tanks punches aren't what they used to be. If Kimbo loses my days of writing comments here are over, alright guys.

35. dane drebin says:

most people think kimbo is gunna win including me… he has hardly any fights… when he beats someone worth talking about i'll give him credit

36. Well I want tank to win,and as in any fight a knock out is only a punch away……i hate seeing people trying to make a name for themselves and trying to gain "street cred" by fighting someone who is past their prime….hell go fight Lesnar and watch Kimbo go down….if you are truley a badd ass,fight a bad ass not a bad ass of the 90's….i hope Tank knocks him out in 45 seconds

37. kimbo eres el mejor… espero y bueno se sabe q esta pelea contra tank la ganaras… quiero ser algun dia asi como tu… pelear… eres el mejor sin duda… t admiro…. suerte y tranquilo que ganaras….. asi como destrosaste a BIG D destrosa a tank tambien jejejejejeej te hablo desde maracay venezuela…. chao…. suerte…..

38. …what?

39. anyone know where i can get live feeds on the fight via internet?

40. wow this win doesnt mean shit except he beat up an old guy…i called the outcome of this fight months ago

41. have they fought yet?

42. Kimbo kicked ass. This may not prove much but damn he only has three fights. At least hes exciting. Ricco Rodrigues against Silva was boring.

43. kimbo aint nothin…..so what he gets licky ONE time in the ring. lets see him go toe to toe w/ rampage! now what punks!

44. let me get a shot at the old fart! he aint shit

45. Jun Da Silva says:

I told you fools who was gonna win KIMBO, that's right. So all you picked Tank, that tank was running on empty. LOL. Go back to your Playstation3's or XBoxes because you guys don't know shit about MMA.