Dynamite 2010 NYE Results

Quick Results

• Celebrity: Andy Ologun def. Kasuaki Furuki via unanimous decision.
  • MMA: Kazuyuki Miyata def. Caol Uno via unanimous decision.
  • MMA: Hideo Tokoro def. Kazuhisa Watanabe via submission (armbar), 2:50 of Round 3
  • MMA: Hiroshi Izumi def. Ikuhisa Minowa via TKO, 2:50, Round 3
  • MMA: Sergei Kharitonov def. Tatsuya Mizuno via KO, Round 1.
  • K-1: Gegard Mousasi def. Kyotaro via decision.
  • Mixed: Yuichiro Nagashima def. Shinya Aoki via epic KO, Round 2.
  • MMA: Alistair Overeem def. Todd Duffee via KO, Round 1
  • MMA: Satoshi Ishii def. Jerome Le Banner via unanimous decision.
  • MMA: Tetsuya Yamato draws Akiyo “Wicky” Nishiura
  • MMA: Jason High def. Hayato “Mach” Sakurai via split decision.
  • MMA: Tatsuya Kawajiri def. Josh Thomson via unanimous decision.
  • Hiroyuki Takaya def. Bibiano Fernandes via unanimous decision

Dynamite 2010 videos here

MMA veteran Frank Trigg gets all dolled up after losing a bet to “The Voice” Michael Schiavello.

Comments

1. Flying Armbar says:

Did you guys see the AO fight? He destroyed Todd Duffee. I realize that Todd took the fight on short notice and that he is still learning MMA as he only has 7 pro fights. Beating him is not what surprised me. The way that AO manhandled him is what is hard for me to beleive. AO's stand-up is probably the best in all MMA, with the possible exception of Anderson and Aldo. His takedown defense has to be up there as well. His ground game may be the weakest part of his game but if his stand-up and takedown defense continue at the same level, he would not have to worry about grappling. I hope he comes to the UFC. I know that many of you may disagree but I really think he would be the champ for a long time. I guess the only question that remains to be unanswered is if he would pass a steroid test? I really hope that Dana and him are able to make this work. The obstacle that I see right now is that Dana would not allow him to compete anywhere else while under contract and he loves to continue competing in K1 and fighting all over the world.

2. I thought the five minute video for Overeem/Duffee was going to be the fight, but it was mostly intros…thats how quck it was. Overeem is definitely at the top of the HW class in striking. It sucks he isn't in the UFC. Anyone think Fedor can beat him?

3. MMA maniac says:

Cmon guys Overeem Stand up is the best and I mean this guys ia k1 fighter. But the truth is Shogun beat him twice (and I know that was back when overeem was not totally focuesd) but dana is right him fight an elite level fighter and than we will see. If shogun can tap him I'm sure fedor can also. Yes in a stand up war he would beat any mma fighter but its not a stand up game its mma.

4. His biggest enemy in the UFC would be the drug tests. If you remember Overeem from Pride, he looked like one eighth of his current self, even making Barry Bonds pale in comparison.

5. MMA maniac says:

How come they didnt bust sonnen before the fight with silva? I dont get it.

6. Businessman says:

I don't ever recall them testing before…that way they can still make money from the fight/name. If they would test before and let's say that they did bust Sonnen, then who would AS have fought? It is all about business. They go on with fights and test later. I get the business but it sounds pretty unethical to me.

7. Businessman says:

Also, whether it was roids or not, AO is not the same fighter he is today that he was back in Pride…not only physically but also as a fighter. First of all, his stand-up has improved a lot. His stand-up was always good but when you combine power and precision on your strikes, it makes for a killer combo. Also, i agree with Flying Armbar- I don't think that even the UFC HWTs that are great wrestlers like Cain or Lesnar could take him down. His biggest challenge is the drug test. If he can pass that in the states, he will be the UFC champ- if he ever signs with them.

8. You may be right. One of the things that I admire about Overeem is that he is a true MMA Journeyman. He has fought all over the globe in any organization that will let him compete and as he has, his training has become varied to an impressive state. When Chuck beat him (Awesome fight) he was a completely different fighter than he is today.

9. MMA maniac says:

We stell yet to see how he deals with a well rounded hi level well condioned fighter.

10. Shogun, Belfort and Lidell are all well rounded, high level, well conditioned fighters.

Overeem has been in the game for a while.