Diaz Brothers: From The Playground To The Cage – Video

Since I know most of Cagetoday.com readers are hardcore Diaz’s brothers fans, here’s a little video to brighten up your day. Nick and Nate Diaz talk about what started them in the fight game.

Comments

1. big gibby says:

i would love to see nick back in the ufc, but its such a big gamble to bring him into the fold. he just doesnt wanna seem to play by certain rules of promoters. i gotta admit he is one tough sob.

2. PoppyNick says:

The Diaz bros are straight gangsta. I'm not fans of them or how they act..but I have to agree they are some tough kids and always ready to scrap.

3. CobraClutch says:

"everyone wanted to fight me ever since I can remember"

maybe it's because you're a dick. if everyone wants to fight you, then maybe it's something about YOU. ever think of that?

funniest line "i wanted to play water polo…" now THAT's gangsta, yo! hahaha.

4. Hahaha. I think there may be something to this theory of yours Cobra. I was really hoping Shields was going to get knocked out and Diaz was going to come in and talk shit to set up a Diaz/Henderson fight. This, I was thinking, would lead to the KO of Diaz, but I'm not so sure after seeing Hendo gass out after the first two minutes of his last fight. What the hell happened to Hendo?

5. The thing I admire about Nick Diaz is his humility. For all the smack talk, after Diego Sanchez destroyed him he had the dignity to admit that "The Nightmare" dominated him completly. There is some honor in there even if he acts like a pent up virgin most of the time.

6. PoppyNick says:

Very true Mac both him and Nate have a lot of humility. Nightmare did work him too.

7. I've been a fan of the Diaz brothers since day one. I think I can handle a bird flipped here & there, & in my opinion the UFC treated Nick like crap. So more power to the brothers, the Gracie Team seems to be doing pretty good without all the popularity votes. Whatever you want to call them "Ganster", etc., I'm sure wont keep them from beating some ass in there. I also like the fact Nick is into other things,Triath, & so on. What's up with the haters, "they are fighters", not role models. Oh well, it's your right.

8. Jude, yeah they're not roll models…Exactly! Do you really think that they should be acting as our sport's ambassadors? They are punks. Scott Coker is an idiot. Don't think for a minute that CBS isn't thinking twice about this little experiment they've been losing money on. And I don't call "tough" punching and kicking a guy on the ground while he can't fight back. Let's see Nick or Nate Diaz fight Mayhem. He would destroy both of them. But they're gonna be tough on live National TV when they got their posse? I'd like to see them without their audience and backup. Those two punks should be relegated to the Indian Casinos. War Mayhem!

9. Mayhem was so disrespectful he deserved a head kick or two. What a dope.He should have been thrown out of the cage on his head. That crap doesn't fly, mouthing off to a guy who just won his fight & is being interviewed. Now there's an ambassador for the sport. NO RESPECT!!! I just can't agree with you on this one.

10. CobraClutch says:

I think everyone acted very dickish in the whole thing. Except Shields. He just wanted to say his piece in his interview, and didn't start shit with Mayhem, and was the only cool one about the whole situation. I'm not a Shields fan, and want him to get his ass kicked by Hendo, and almost everyone in the UFC, but what's fair is fair, and everyone was a dick except him…he was being very cool and didn't do anything wrong.

11. Nichole Lesniak says:

I'm so tired of people blaming Mayhem. He was obviously allowed in the cage. This happens ALL THE TIME in the UFC. Did GSP deserve a "head kick or two" when he told Hughes he wasn't impressed by his performance? Hardly. And I definitely wouldn't call what Mayhem did "mouthing off" – the only words he was even able to get out before getting shoved was "Where's my rematch?".

@ Cobra – I sorta disagree. Shields did shove Mayhem and did try to get into the scuffle before being pulled off. He's guilty too.

12. CobraClutch says:

hmmm…I thought Melendez shoved Mayhem…but you're right, Nichole. Shields got in a shot before being pulled off and away. OK, then they're all dicks. Hahaha.

I also agree that Mayhem was less dickish than the others. He should have waited until after the interview, or stood there quiet while the interview was going on, then he could have done the whole "rematch" jive. But then again, it was disorganized and no one had a plan for anything.

13. I now agree with Dana White, I think Coker sent Mayhem in there to cause some drama. He would not just jump in and interrupt like that. I can't believe it. Go back and look at the goofy smirk on his face even up till the fight breaks out. It's a setup. What they didn't count on was Diaz Inc. If only it were possible to O.D. on weed.

14. for me i think mayhem deserved to get his ass kicked, not cuz he stepped into the ring, but he wouldn't let shields speak his piece first. If he waited til after the interview and started talking about a rematch it'd be fine, but goddamnit let the man thank jesus, his team, his wife, his kids, dana white, scott coker, and guatamala(sp?)

15. I agree hosan. The more I think of it the more I think Mayhem did a dick move interrupting the guy before he even spoke a couple of sentences.

The Diaz brothers, you love to hate them, but they crack me up. They're dumb asses but they are fun to watch in the cage.